"You are as good as anyone," "Downright Ignorance "

819 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Waco1947
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
" Every parent at some time faces the problem of explaining the facts of life to his child. Just as inevitably for the Negro parent the moment comes when he must explain to his offspring the facts of segregation. My mother put me on her lap and began telling me about slavery and how it had ended with the Civil War. She tried to explain the dividing system of the South - The segregated schools, restaurants, theaters, housing, the white and colored signs on drinking fountains, waiting rooms, lavatories- as a social condition rather than a natural order. Then she said the words that almost every Negro hears before he can yet understand the injustice that makes them necessary: "You are as good as anyone.'"
Martin Luther King, Jr
"There is little hope for us until we become tough minded enough to break loose from the shackles of prejudice, half truths, and downright ignorance."
Dr Martin Luther King Jr
whitetrash
br53
Waco1947 said:

" Every parent at some time faces the problem of explaining the facts of life to his child. Just as inevitably for the Negro parent the moment comes when he must explain to his offspring the facts of segregation. My mother put me on her lap and began telling me about slavery and how it had ended with the Civil War. She tried to explain the dividing system of the South - The segregated schools, restaurants, theaters, housing, the white and colored signs on drinking fountains, waiting rooms, lavatories- as a social condition rather than a natural order. Then she said the words that almost every Negro hears before he can yet understand the injustice that makes them necessary: "You are as good as anyone.'"
Martin Luther King, Jr
"There is little hope for us until we become tough minded enough to break loose from the shackles of prejudice, half truths, and downright ignorance."
Dr Martin Luther King Jr

So whats the excuse for your ignorance?
Waco1947
br53 said:

Waco1947 said:

Martin Luther King, Jr
Dr Martin Luther King Jr

So whats the excuse for your ignorance? Racist statement
Quote:

Anti-racist statement "Thank you Waco 1947 for the reminder of the wisdom of MLK"
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

br53 said:

Waco1947 said:

Martin Luther King, Jr
Dr Martin Luther King Jr

Quote:

Anti-racist statement "Thank you Waco 1947 for the reminder of the wisdom of MLK"

Canada2017
Gruvin said:

Waco1947 said:

br53 said:

Waco1947 said:

Martin Luther King, Jr
Dr Martin Luther King Jr

Quote:

Never a good idea to drink cheap booze after taking the pink pill .
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

Martin Luther King, Jr
Dr Martin Luther King Jr

Half truths and ignorance and segregation and white city councils and white school boards and white police department,
It was and is really tough being black. You see it by the ignorance this board which makes a game of make fun of me and raising racist ideas.
It really is sad.
I re-post in the hopes that thinking folk read and comprehed
Waco1947
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.