Mail in ballots

2,387 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GrowlTowel
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is why we can't have nice things:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/west-virginia-ballot-requests-mail-voting-democrat-republican-a9612806.html
blackie
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

blackie said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

If you can show up in person to loot, riot, or protest, you can damn sure show up in person to vote. No exceptions. Scared of Covid or too stupid to acquire a photo ID are not valid excuses.
Likely 95%+ of the people that would like the safety of voting by mail did not participate in looting, rioting, or protesting. (And the 95% is probably too low a number.)
Actually, blackie, my stance is not as hardcore as you think. Older folks (65 and older), should be allowed to vote by mail. Handicapped folks, absolutely. If people are still allowed to go buy food at the grocery store, garden tools at Home Depot, and liquor at the liquor store, they should have to show up in person to vote.

If half of the nation is still so terrified of Covid, perhaps we should just delay the election to the Spring. Right?
They are allowed to go to those places, but they don't have to do so. For example, we use curbside pickup at our H-E-B because we don't have to get out of the car. They put it in our trunk......no human contact. And for our other stuff, we order online or have used curbside pickup. We haven't been inside a store in 4 months. Right now our kids loosing us to Covid would cause some real problems in their lives, especially our daughter. We have to take every precaution we can.

My point was that I suspect that the people who really would like the option to vote by mail are not the same bunch out in the streets. They may have susceptible family members, have been working from home and get their stuff as do we, etc. Voting my mail has been done in both red and blue states already. I think for the safety of the poll workers and getting enough to adequately staff the polling places it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand because there were people protesting. (I doubt the rioters and looters are the voting type regardless of how it is offered.)

Personally, I have seen enough from Patrick and Paxton to know that their opposition to voting by mail has more behind it than their stated voter fraud reason. I just can't trust those two. I don't agree with much of what the Dems in Texas want, but I hope to soon see the day when the Dems put up some viable opposition to them and force the Reps to cast a wider net. It seems the Reps will not do that right now. It is a total disgrace that Paxton isn't already in jail or at least has had his trial. The Reps have got to have someone better than him and someone less tone deaf than Patrick.

As far as moving the election to the spring, if it could be done (I don't know), it would likely take congressional action to do so. That would never happen. We have what we have. Hopefully we can do it as safely as possible. What happens if the poll workers see people descending on them without masks, not social distancing, coming in sick, etc. and just walk off? (rhetorical question). Right now I am not convinced we are going to be past this in the spring. I hope so. But the action of the public gives me little confidence that will happen. I would like to go out to a restaurant without a mask and without being concerned about getting sick at least one more time in my life.
cinque
Race can not be arbitrarily used to prohibit younger people from voting by mail. It's unconstitutional.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
cinque said:

Race can not be arbitrarily used to prohibit younger people from voting by mail. It's unconstitutional.
If voting is important to young people, they will make their way to the polls! If they can make it to the bars, the beach, and the peaceful protests, they can vote in person! Easy peasy! No brainer.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Reporter
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

cinque said:

If voting is important to young people, they will make their way to the polls! If they can make it to the bars, the beach, and the peaceful protests, they can vote in person! Easy peasy! No brainer.
Reporter
No brainer? Perfect for RD2!
Guy Noir
I have to admit it would be easier for dead people to vote by mail.
wuzzybear
Username checks out said:

Guy Noir said:

All the Trumpists are scared ****less of making it easier to vote, well aligned with their literacy test administrating forefathers
I am not really a "Trumpist" but I am scared of voter fraud. Voting, as it is now, is plenty easy enough. The claims that it is difficult is pretty much bogus.

There are a vanishingly small number of fraudulent votes confirmed in our elections (https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trumps-latest-voter-fraud-misinformation/) and yet this is a major fear raised by the Trumpists. Republicans in general operate on voter suppression because their ideas aren't carried by a majority of Americans, so the larger the turnout the less likely they will win.

There is an obvious added concern with the pandemic now, that having millions of people standing in crowded lines is a big health hazard. It's unconscionable that someone should have to choose between risking the health of self and family vs voting.
You are way out of line. Voting is more important than a temporary pandemic that is not really even a pandemic. It is an epidemic with little spikes at this point. People have this and might not even know it. You get sick like the flu, but very few per capita actually succumb.

VOTING WINS EVERY TIME! Not saying don't be cautious, but get your arse to the polls.
cms186
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

blackie said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

If you can show up in person to loot, riot, or protest, you can damn sure show up in person to vote. No exceptions. Scared of Covid or too stupid to acquire a photo ID are not valid excuses.
Likely 95%+ of the people that would like the safety of voting by mail did not participate in looting, rioting, or protesting. (And the 95% is probably too low a number.)
Actually, blackie, my stance is not as hardcore as you think. Older folks (65 and older), should be allowed to vote by mail. Handicapped folks, absolutely. If people are still allowed to go buy food at the grocery store, garden tools at Home Depot, and liquor at the liquor store, they should have to show up in person to vote.

If half of the nation is still so terrified of Covid, perhaps we should just delay the election to the Spring. Right?
what about if you live in a county which has severely limited Polling stations, should you have to take a day off work to stand in line to cast a vote, losing your wages, when you could just cast a vote by mail?
I'm the English Guy
cms186
wuzzybear said:

Guy Noir said:

All the Trumpists are scared ****less of making it easier to vote, well aligned with their literacy test administrating forefathers
I am not really a "Trumpist" but I am scared of voter fraud. Voting, as it is now, is plenty easy enough. The claims that it is difficult is pretty much bogus.

There are a vanishingly small number of fraudulent votes confirmed in our elections (https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trumps-latest-voter-fraud-misinformation/) and yet this is a major fear raised by the Trumpists. Republicans in general operate on voter suppression because their ideas aren't carried by a majority of Americans, so the larger the turnout the less likely they will win.

There is an obvious added concern with the pandemic now, that having millions of people standing in crowded lines is a big health hazard. It's unconscionable that someone should have to choose between risking the health of self and family vs voting.
You are way out of line. Voting is more important than a temporary pandemic that is not really even a pandemic. It is an epidemic with little spikes at this point. People have this and might not even know it. You get sick like the flu, but very few per capita actually succumb.

VOTING WINS EVERY TIME! Not saying don't be cautious, but get your arse to the polls.
it certainly is a Pandemic, its effecting the entire world,
I'm the English Guy
Whiskey Pete
cinque said:

This is why we can't have nice things:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/west-virginia-ballot-requests-mail-voting-democrat-republican-a9612806.html
Actually, this is why we can't have nice things:

cinque
https://www.kwch.com/2020/07/14/da-charges-watkins-with-voter-fraud/
quash
cinque said:

https://www.kwch.com/2020/07/14/da-charges-watkins-with-voter-fraud/
The way I read that the dude only voted once, and the question is over where, not how many times. If he hangs it will be over the Nixon Rule: cover up>act.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Johnny Bear

Johnny Bear said:

GrowlTowel said:

Again, that was the Democrats, America's oldest and largest hate group.

Yes, the dixiecrat contingency broke from Democrats in 1968 and largely became Republicans, this is well understood by all political historians. Trumpists are the ones who descended from this, and some were alive to have literally voted for George Wallace. You think it's a mere koinkeydink that the south stopped voting Democrat then?
Wrong again:

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/402754-the-myth-of-nixons-southern-strategy

Face it - you current day dimcrats 100% own George Wallace just like you 100% own your party's history of support of slavery, support of segregation, support of poll taxes, support of Jim Crow, and the present day insidious support of deliberately keeping as many people in the black community dumbed down, depressed and bitter as they wallow in dimcrat created generational poverty and government dependence all so you can routinely exploit them for their votes every election cycle. You own it all and no amount of leftist spin can change that fact.

Hahaha the first line in that article is
Quote:

BY DINESH D'SOUZA, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR

Didnt know he was out of jail already. Were Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh unavailable for comment at press time?

Seriously, D'Souza is a right wing propaganda artist and his logic is unsound here. Yes, Nixon didnt win dixiecrats in 1968. They splintered into a 3rd party. And those politicians may not have uniformly broke for Republicans (Strom Thurmond sure did!) but their voting block did. D'Souza talks about religion and culture being the reason that southern whites started voting Republican. That's all low-rent whitewashing of race issues.

Actually your response is brainwashed indoctrinated low-rent speculation and conjecture. Doesn't surprise me you have no specifics to refute D'Souza's well written piece backed by facts As are all of his writings and movies. And the only reason he was ever in prison was because of persecution from the treasonous POS that unfortunately occupied the White House from 2008 -2016. Not really a surprise, however, as Obama and his right hand man Biden also led a completely illegal and treasonous Scheme to spy on a rival presidential candidate and lay the foundation for an out and out coup attempt after that candidate was duly and legally elected That is still in progress. Durham's findings can't come soon enough
GrowlTowel
cms186 said:

wuzzybear said:

Guy Noir said:

it certainly is a Pandemic, its effecting the entire world,

So is heart disease but just at a much lower rate.
cinque
Johnny Bear said:

Johnny Bear said:

GrowlTowel said:

Again, that was the Democrats, America's oldest and largest hate group.

Yes, the dixiecrat contingency broke from Democrats in 1968 and largely became Republicans, this is well understood by all political historians. Trumpists are the ones who descended from this, and some were alive to have literally voted for George Wallace. You think it's a mere koinkeydink that the south stopped voting Democrat then?
Wrong again:

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/402754-the-myth-of-nixons-southern-strategy

Face it - you current day dimcrats 100% own George Wallace just like you 100% own your party's history of support of slavery, support of segregation, support of poll taxes, support of Jim Crow, and the present day insidious support of deliberately keeping as many people in the black community dumbed down, depressed and bitter as they wallow in dimcrat created generational poverty and government dependence all so you can routinely exploit them for their votes every election cycle. You own it all and no amount of leftist spin can change that fact.

Hahaha the first line in that article is
Quote:

BY DINESH D'SOUZA, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR

Didnt know he was out of jail already. Were Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh unavailable for comment at press time?

Seriously, D'Souza is a right wing propaganda artist and his logic is unsound here. Yes, Nixon didnt win dixiecrats in 1968. They splintered into a 3rd party. And those politicians may not have uniformly broke for Republicans (Strom Thurmond sure did!) but their voting block did. D'Souza talks about religion and culture being the reason that southern whites started voting Republican. That's all low-rent whitewashing of race issues.

Actually your response is brainwashed indoctrinated low-rent speculation and conjecture. Doesn't surprise me you have no specifics to refute D'Souza's well written piece backed by facts As are all of his writings and movies. And the only reason he was ever in prison was because of persecution from the treasonous POS that unfortunately occupied the White House from 2008 -2016. Not really a surprise, however, as Obama and his right hand man Biden also led a completely illegal and treasonous Scheme to spy on a rival presidential candidate and lay the foundation for an out and out coup attempt after that candidate was duly and legally elected That is still in progress. Durham's findings can't come soon enough
Denesh is your kinda Asian
GrowlTowel
You slept with an Asian Hooker.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.