George Floyd Body cam transcripts released

4,414 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cms186
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nein51
The cop was following departmental policy. I'm telling you there's a very good chance he gets acquitted. The one in Atlanta most certainly will if they even make it to trial. The rioting has just begun
BellCountyBear
Always nice to get the full story. #jumptoconclusionsmuch
Johnny Bear
Any reasonable person agrees that the viral video that served as an "excuse" to set multiple cities on fire is horrific and nothing George Floyd did could justify that type of treatment. Having said that, somehow I expect any subsequently released video of what happened before the knee on the neck video that shows Floyd in a negative light will be ignored or downplayed at most.
Username checks out
nein51 said:

The cop was following departmental policy. I'm telling you there's a very good chance he gets acquitted. The one in Atlanta most certainly will if they even make it to trial. The rioting has just begun

Was it departmental policy to blackout-incapacitate an individual in this scenario?
FWBear
Ellison will make sure he's acquitted. All part of the grand scheme to "prove" sythtemic rathithm.
Username checks out
FWBear said:

Ellison will make sure he's acquitted. All part of the grand scheme to "prove" sythtemic rathithm.

No way you have a Baylor degree.
FWBear
Username checks out said:

FWBear said:

No way you have a Baylor degree.

What furthers his family's sworn allegiance to Antifa more than an acquittal?
bear2be2
If we're going to talk about new police cam evidence, let's include all of it.

----------

"Please don't shoot me," George Floyd repeated at least four times, according to newly released audio transcripts of body cameras worn by the Minneapolis police officers involved in his death.

The transcripts were released Wednesday after the attorney for former officer Thomas Lane filed a motion to release them in support of a motion to dismiss charges against him. Lane and fellow former officers J. Alexander Kueng and Tou Thao are charged with aiding and abetting murder and manslaughter in the Memorial Day death of Floyd, which sparked a series of nationwide protests and calls for police reform.

The transcripts offer the final moments of Floyd's life, including when he pleaded with Lane to not shoot him and told Lane and Kueng, "I'm going to die in here! I'm going to die, man!"

It also offers a glimpse of how Derek Chauvin, the officer charged with Floyd's murder, acted.

"You're doing a lot of talking, man," Chauvin, 44, who is facing second-degree murder, third-degree murder and manslaughter charges, said.

After Floyd continued to plead with officers that he can't breath and the he was claustrophobic, Chauvin responded, "Takes heck of lot of oxygen to say that."

When bystanders said Floyd might be passing out, Chavuin asked his fellow officers if they were OK.

"My knee might be little scratched, but I'll survive," Lane said.

It wasn't until an unidentified male bystander asked officers if Floyd still had a pulse that the officers checked, according to the body camera transcripts.

"I can't find one," Kueng said.

Floyd died after Chauvin pinned him down and kept his knee on his neck for nearly eight minutes. Officers had handcuffed Floyd for allegedly using a counterfeit $20 bill and were trying to force him into a squad car when he became stiff. Floyd told them he was "not resisting," but that he did not want to get in the squad car and was claustrophobic.

Floyd eventually fell to the ground, still handcuffed, and was restrained until he stopped moving. He had shouted "I can't breathe" and "I'm about to die" and called out for his mother, who is deceased.

The motion filed by Lane's attorney also included images of Floyd's car. Two $20 bills and two $1 bills were in his car.

Lane's attorney, Earl Gray, argued that the newly released transcripts show there was no probable cause to prove Lane committed a crime. Gray says that Floyd exited the car without being told to and that he did not listen to the orders from Lane.

When Floyd is handcuffed and lying stomach-down in the street, Lane asked the officers, "Should we get his legs up, or is this good?"

Chauvin said to "leave him."

Lane asked again if Floyd should be rolled on his side, and Chauvin responded "no."

"OK. I just worry about the excited delirium or whatever," Lane responded.

When Floyd lost consciousness, Lane performed chest compressions while speaking with medics who had been called to the scene.

"Was he fighting with you guys for a long time?" one asked.

"No. I mean a little bit, but not a long time, maybe a minute or two," Lane said. "We were just trying to get him in the squad and he came out the other end, so we were like we'll just wait."

"I wonder what he was on," the medic said.

"Not sure, but he seemed very agitated and paranoid," Lane said.

Earlier, Lane spoke with a witness, Shawanda Renee Hill, and asked why he was acting erratically.

"I have no clue, because he's been shot before," she said, later adding, "No, he got a thing going on, I'm telling you about the police. He have problems all the time when they come, especially when that man put that gun like that."

Floyd had told the police something similar earlier.

When Kueng said he was acting "real erractic," Floyd replied, "I'm scared, man."
----------

https://abcnews.go.com/US/newly-released-body-camera-transcripts-show-moments-george/story?id=71688795
riflebear
Why did they wait this long to release body cam footage?
Doc Holliday
riflebear said:

Keith Ellison.

They've only released the transcript so far.
Doc Holliday
nein51 said:

Theres this too.

I agree. He will be acquitted.
Guy Noir
George Floyd did bring on some of the confrontation himself. I do not agree with the police officer keeping his knee on his neck for so long, but if Mr Floyd would have gotten into the squad car peacefully he would probably be alive today.
Doc Holliday
Guy Noir said:

George Floyd did bring on some of the confrontation himself. I do not agree with the police officer keeping his knee on his neck for so long, but if Mr Floyd would have gotten into the squad car peacefully he would probably be alive today.
Actually it's starting to look like a drug overdose killed him.

He couldn't breathe before they touched him by his own admission.

Kneeling on his neck was ridiculous, but this wasn't a murder by any means.
Whiskey Pete
Guy Noir said:

Same goes for the guy Atlanta. Had he not been defiant when cops tried to arrest him for DUI, he'd be alive too
Booray
HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

Same goes for the guy Atlanta. Had he not been defiant when cops tried to arrest him for DUI, he'd be alive too

True. Do cops get to impose a death penalty for somebody defying them?
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

What a ridiculous reply, but please continue to stick up for a criminal's right to resist arrest and fight with law enforcement, because two wrongs make a right, right?

Fact is, if the guy in Atlanta hadn't pulled the **** he pulled, he would be alive today. If you do not put any accountability on the guy who instigated and intensified the situation is at best being dishonest, but more likely you just being a partisan hack
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

Yes actually.

If you point a gun at a cop in defiance, they have legal rights to blow your head off.
Thee University
Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

Death penalty? No. If you "defy" the police you might need to watch this public service message:

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
cms186
HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

What a ridiculous reply, but please continue to stick up for a criminal's right to resist arrest and fight with law enforcement, because two wrongs make a right, right?

Fact is, if the guy in Atlanta hadn't pulled the **** he pulled, he would be alive today. If you do not put any accountability on the guy who instigated and intensified the situation is at best being dishonest, but more likely you just being a partisan hack
Hes not sticking up for a Criminals right to resist arrest, hes sticking up for his/her right to not be killed.

Criminals sometimes are reluctant to be arrested, surely these trained Policemen are capable of subduing them without resorting to ending their life? If they resist arrest, they get charged for it and face extra Jail time (if found guilty) they shouldnt be killed for it. especially since in the 2 cases seemingly under discussion in this thread, no Policemans life was ever in danger
I'm the English Guy
Johnny Bear
Doc Holliday said:

nein51 said:

Theres this too.

I agree. He will be acquitted.

As far as the George Floyd incident goes, I disagree simply because of the overwhelming pressure to punish the Minneapolis Cops involved (no matter what) and the fear of touching off more violent riots and looting as the police either don't show up or just stand around and watch it happen. They could end up accepting a manslaughter plea deal, but I've got a strong feeling those guys are going to do jail time if nothing else because of the politics involved and the fear of further unrestricted violence.

The Atlanta situation is a very different matter. While it's true there's pressure there as well to take scalps, there is also overwhelming video evidence the cops didn't react inappropriately and there's no damning knee on the neck type footage. Who knows what will happen, but if justice actually prevails those guys should be acquitted.

In all of this, as others have noted, had both of these guys simply not resisted they would clearly still be alive today. It's a simple tried and true rule that if you don't want to put yourself at risk of being injured or killed when stopped by a cop, then comply with their commands and orders. If you feel you were unjustly treated in the process you have ample opportunity to exercise the rights available to ALL (repeat ALL) of us in pursuing justice through the legal system. Why some people can't seem to learn and practice that simple rule is beyond me.
BellCountyBear
Doc Holliday said:

riflebear said:

Keith Ellison.

Who is Keith Ellison?
Booray
BellCountyBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

riflebear said:

Keith Ellison.

Who is Keith Ellison?

The attorney general of Minnesota, former congressman. Very liberal, I believe the first congressman sworn in on the Koran.

He is in charge of prosecuting the cops in the Floyd case.
Canada2017
cms186 said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

Hes not sticking up for a Criminals right to resist arrest, hes sticking up for his/her right to not be killed.

Criminals sometimes are reluctant to be arrested, surely these trained Policemen are capable of subduing them without resorting to ending their life? If they resist arrest, they get charged for it and face extra Jail time (if found guilty) they shouldnt be killed for it. especially since in the 2 cases seemingly under discussion in this thread, no Policemans life was ever in danger

Cops are killed every week.....leftists like you could care less.

Cops have to deal with criminals, idiots high on drugs, scum who beat their kids and gang bangers who murder for the pure fun of it .

On top of everything else cops have to make split second decisions and risk their lives in the process . If they are wrong....the whole world ****s on them .

You wouldn't last two weeks in such a job .
robby44
Doc Holliday said:

Sad
Another drug related death
Booray
Canada2017 said:

cms186 said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

Cops have to deal with criminals, idiots high on drugs, scum who beat their kids and gang bangers who murder for the pure fun of it .

On top of everything else cops have to make split second decisions and risk their lives in the process . If they are wrong....the whole world ****s on them .

I am sympathetic towards the job a cop performs. In any situation in which an officer reasonably believes his life or the life of another is in imminent jeopardy, the use of deadly force is appropriate. I will give the officer the benefit of the doubt every time.

I have a hard time seeing how anyone could believe that description applies to the George Floyd incident--the man was already handcuffed. The Atlanta case is a closer call, but it is pretty apparent that they could have let him run and picked him up later.

To kill a man in the Floyd situation is criminal. Period. What went on before George Floyd was handcuffed is not an excuse.

And all you conservatives who fear the power of the state are missing a pretty central point. If the state actors are free from consequence when they use unreasonable force to enforce their orders, the natural human tendency by the state actors is to take broader and broader views of both what orders they can give and what they can do to enforce those orders.
Username checks out
Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

cms186 said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

I am sympathetic towards the job a cop performs. In any situation in which an officer reasonably believes his life or the life of another is in imminent jeopardy, the use of deadly force is appropriate. I will give the officer the benefit of the doubt every time.

I have a hard time seeing how anyone could believe that description applies to the George Floyd incident--the man was already handcuffed. The Atlanta case is a closer call, but it is pretty apparent that they could have let him run and picked him up later.

To kill a man in the Floyd situation is criminal. Period. What went on before George Floyd was handcuffed is not an excuse.

And all you conservatives who fear the power of the state are missing a pretty central point. If the state actors are free from consequence when they use unreasonable force to enforce their orders, the natural human tendency by the state actors is to take broader and broader views of both what orders they can give and what they can do to enforce those orders.

Pretty much spot on, conservatives loathe the power of big government until they're the ones that have it.
Flaming Moderate
People still think facts or the truth matter? LOL. Cute.
cms186
Canada2017 said:

cms186 said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

I care very much when Policemen/women are killed in the line of duty, i dont envy their job at all and you are right, I wouldnt last long in that profession (hence i am not in it).

The vast Majority of Police in your and my country are good guys who do their jobs well, they protect us and keep us safe, they dont murder people who they have arrested, you know why? because they are good at their jobs and it truly sucks when the bad apples in their profession bring **** down on them all.

If someone is resisting arrest and pulls a deadly weapon on a Policeman, then they deserve to get shot or beaten or whatever, the Cops have the right to defend themselves in that situation and sometimes that results in deadly force being used, i have no problem with that. But part of their jobs is knowing when to use Deadly force. Most Policemen/women respect this power, some abuse it, when this happens, they should be punished.

Its ****ing ridiculous that i even have to say this, because you are trying to paint me as a Cop hater who doesnt care when they die. Its even more ****ing ridiculous that people like you are more outraged about these bad apples facing the consequences of their actions than you are about the people they killed.
I'm the English Guy
Whiskey Pete
cms186 said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

Sorry man, as a non-citizen and non-voter, you're opinion doesn't meant squat to me
Whiskey Pete
Canada2017 said:

cms186 said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

I find amusing that these liberals on this board who have never been police officers and never will be, somehow think they can enforce law better than... you know... actual real cops.
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

cms186 said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

And the criminal could've not tried to wrestle the cop for his gun
Whiskey Pete
Username checks out said:

Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

cms186 said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

Pretty much spot on, conservatives loathe the power of big government until they're the ones that have it.
What's worse, is even when democrats aren't in power they still want the government to have more
cms186
HashTag said:

cms186 said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

Sorry man, as a non-citizen and non-voter, you're opinion doesn't meant squat to me
I'm the English Guy
Doc Holliday
HashTag said:

Canada2017 said:

cms186 said:

HashTag said:

Booray said:

HashTag said:

Guy Noir said:

I find amusing that these liberals on this board who have never been police officers and never will be, somehow think they can enforce law better than... you know... actual real cops.
Arrogance is their hallmark trait.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.