Lincoln Project Hitlist

6,763 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Doc Holliday
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cinque
That's a pretty good list.
Redbrickbear
They won't stop until the Republican Party is again safe for globalists, war mongers, bankers, and mass immigration lovers.
PartyBear
Redbrickbear said:

They won't stop until the Republican Party is again safe for globalists, war mongers, bankers, and mass immigration lovers.

In other words the Reaganites, who you have maligned (which I admit I never thought I would see the day alleged Republicans malign Reaganism) want their party back.
Username checks out
Cool. Don't stand with them on all their platforms but I hope they at least can cure the scourge of Trumpists
Booray
Redbrickbear said:

Yes, give those bankers free reign and they will end capitalism for sure. WTH?

Is war mongers another phrase for "Military?"
PartyBear
Booray Globalism is a Trumpian bad word for global free market economies and defending international capitalism. War Monger means standing with NATO in opposition to tyrants and wannabe tyrants.
quash
Jack and DP said:

You and Byron miss the point: Reform the GOP via the excision of Trumpism. It is a long term strategy and it should be revealing that they are clearly willing to risk a Democratic blip of resurgence to achieve their goal. Their support for free trade and capitalism is wonderful.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canada2017
You leftists are arrogant and ignorant.

A dangerous combination that has resulted in the deaths of millions in China, Cambodia, Russia, Ukraine and Eastern Europe .

Sickening to see such murderous stupidity take hold here.

quash
Canada2017 said:

A dangerous combination that has resulted in the deaths of millions in China, Cambodia, Russia, Ukraine and Eastern Europe .

That chair you're yelling at? It's empty.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canada2017
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

That chair you're yelling at? It's empty.

So is your head...but you post here anyway .
Doc Holliday
PartyBear said:

Booray Globalism is a Trumpian bad word for global free market economies and defending international capitalism. War Monger means standing with NATO in opposition to tyrants and wannabe tyrants.
No.

Globalism means running a financial racket with the help of supranational entities like the EU, NATO, WHO, UN. It's about siphoning wealth from the world's middle class into the 1% and political elite using the poor as an intermediary. It can be done through war, healthcare...you name it.

Ex. US runs guns to foreign country. Foreign Country establishes proxy war. US military gets involved and purchase weapons and military goods from Lockheed for example. Lockheed turns around and cuts D.C. around $15M a year. Globalist groups reach consensus that it was necessary because they too get a slice of the pie. Repeat perpetually. Why do you think we we're in Iraq for so long?

All the globalist supranational entities shill for money. WHO was getting nearly a billion US tax payer dollars.

Trump voters that aren't full blown morons are cut from the cloth that wants to end this unnecessary spending and death.

We see people like you as opposition to populism and in favor of a ruling class.
Oldbear83
PartyBear said:

Redbrickbear said:

In other words the Reaganites, who you have maligned (which I admit I never thought I would see the day alleged Republicans malign Reaganism) want their party back.
I see the Democrats are trying to claim Reagan as one of their own.

They really are that desperate?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
tombeaux
Bravo to the Lincoln Project. Trump is the anti-Lincoln and the project has rent free space inside his fat, orange head. They have been effective and have won July. Here's hoping they can continue their success down the stretch and help rid of us the worst president in history.
bularry
Doc Holliday said:

PartyBear said:

No.

Globalism means running a financial racket with the help of supranational entities like the EU, NATO, WHO, UN. It's about siphoning wealth from the world's middle class into the 1% and political elite using the poor as an intermediary. It can be done through war, healthcare...you name it.

Ex. US runs guns to foreign country. Foreign Country establishes proxy war. US military gets involved and purchase weapons and military goods from Lockheed for example. Lockheed turns around and cuts D.C. around $15M a year. Globalist groups reach consensus that it was necessary because they too get a slice of the pie. Repeat perpetually. Why do you think we we're in Iraq for so long?

All the globalist supranational entities shill for money. WHO was getting nearly a billion US tax payer dollars.

Trump voters that aren't full blown morons are cut from the cloth that wants to end this unnecessary spending and death.

We see people like you as opposition to populism and in favor of a ruling class.
in your war example, Trump ain't cutting none of that off. He's pumping weapons to Saudi to use on Yemen and we have stepped up our strikes and involvement in western Africa against various insurgents.

the world is a small place. the US taking the role of leadership because of our status isn't "globalist". that isn't even a freakin' word
George Truett
quash said:

Jack and DP said:

You and Byron miss the point: Reform the GOP via the excision of Trumpism. It is a long term strategy and it should be revealing that they are clearly willing to risk a Democratic blip of resurgence to achieve their goal. Their support for free trade and capitalism is wonderful.
I think they realize the Republican Party as they knew it is gone forever.

You can't excise Trumpism from the party because the party IS Trumpism. Trump is what the bulk of the party has been looking for for a long time.

Their agenda is much broader: to save America from Trumpism.
sombear
Let's stipulate that Trump is a bad human being and says and does stupid stuff. But, what in his agenda differs from decades-long GOP positions?

- low taxes
- less regulation
- pro-life
- pro- free exercise of religion
- pro 2nd Amendment
- anti-illegal immigration -(to those who say he is more extreme, certainly his rhetoric is harsh, but he actually offered to protect dreamers in exchange for tougher border policies, which is the position taken by Jeb, W, and other establishment types.)
- strong military but less interventionist (at least in rhetoric)
- pro-conservative judges
- free but fair trade (I'm a free-trader, but Trump's tariff and other threats actually resulted in better trade deals)
- proudly and openly patriotic

This shows me the Lincoln Project aren't republicans at all. They are former republican (maybe) who now support dem positions. That is their right, but just be honest about it.
Jack and DP
I fully understand what they're attempting.
quash
sombear said:

Let's stipulate that Trump is a bad human being and says and does stupid stuff. But, what in his agenda differs from decades-long GOP positions?

- low taxes

- anti-illegal immigration -(to those who say he is more extreme, certainly his rhetoric is harsh, but he actually offered to protect dreamers in exchange for tougher border policies, which is the position taken by Jeb, W, and other establishment types.)
- free but fair trade (I'm a free-trader, but Trump's tariff and other threats actually resulted in better trade deals)
H I bet th
This shows me the Lincoln Project aren't republicans at all. They are former republican (maybe) who now support dem positions. That is their right, but just be honest about it.
Taxes were reduced for many, not all, and they aren't low enough. We blew our once a generation shot at real tax reform.
The wall is nothing like what he promised. Mexico isn't paying for it, very little new fencing is up, and it is having far less effect than Rona and economics.
Rhetoric? Even that is interventionist. And there are the actual acts.
Gorsuch was a keeper, still not sure about Kavanaugh.
The tariffs have cost us money, jobs, and markets. What trade deals do you think are better?
Proudly and openly nationalistic; there's a difference.

Spending? Maybe if Biden gets elected we can get the ol' GOP deficit hawks back.
Smaller govt? Executive creep on Congressional turf has gotten worse. Again, with a Dem in the WH I bet the GOP rediscovers the virtue of limited govt.

The GOP I remember, and belonged to, was much better focused on budgets and state power.
Oldbear83
Does any conservative here believe cinque's claim to have once been a conservative?

PartyBear
Oldbear83 said:

PartyBear said:

Redbrickbear said:

No it is actually Republicans trying to reclaim" Republican" for Reagan's old party as opposed to the name "Republican" being used for the party in the WH and that controls the Senate which is opposed to about 95% of what the party was about back then.
sombear
quash said:

sombear said:

- low taxes

H I bet th
Taxes were reduced for many, not all, and they aren't low enough. We blew our once a generation shot at real tax reform.
The wall is nothing like what he promised. Mexico isn't paying for it, very little new fencing is up, and it is having far less effect than Rona and economics.
The tariffs have cost us money, jobs, and markets. What trade deals do you think are better?

Spending? Maybe if Biden gets elected we can get the ol' GOP deficit hawks back.
Smaller govt? Executive creep on Congressional turf has gotten worse. Again, with a Dem in the WH I bet the GOP rediscovers the virtue of limited govt.

The GOP I remember, and belonged to, was much better focused on budgets and state power.
Taxes - but many of the Lincoln Project founders opposed the tax cuts, and whatever you think of them, they were a significant net reduction in taxes. FWIW, I'm in that small group that pays more - 3 kids, high prop taxes and mortgage interest, and charitable donations.
Immigration - again, you suggest he didn't go far enough, but Lincoln project believes the opposite.
Trade - Mexico, Canada, China, and other deals all have been improved.
Deficit - hate to admit it, but deficits have been high under all prior GOP Pres.
BearFan33
sombear said:

- low taxes
- less regulation
- pro-life
- pro 2nd Amendment

This

The Lincoln Project seems to be a strange amalgamation of RINOs and nevertrumpers who have stage 4 Trump Derangement Syndrome. I would like to see who is paying the bills.
Whiskey Pete
BearFan33 said:

sombear said:

- low taxes
- less regulation
- pro-life
- pro 2nd Amendment

This

The Lincoln Project seems to be a strange amalgamation of RINOs and nevertrumpers who have stage 4 Trump Derangement Syndrome. I would like to see who is paying the bills.
That's probably the most accurate description of these swampers
Oldbear83
PartyBear said:

Oldbear83 said:

PartyBear said:

Redbrickbear said:

No it is actually Republicans trying to reclaim" Republican" for Reagan's old party as opposed to the name "Republican" being used for the party in the WH and that controls the Senate which is opposed to about 95% of what the party was about back then.
Weak effort.

Swing and a miss from you.

You don't have a clue what Republicans are and believe, you just use them as a pinata when you get triggered.
Jack Bauer
The co-founder of the Lincoln Project.

This is exactly what they think of Trump supporters.

cinque
Oldbear83 said:

Does any conservative here believe cinque's claim to have once been a conservative?

You're drunk. I never made any such claim
cinque
Oldbear83 said:

PartyBear said:

Oldbear83 said:

PartyBear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Weak effort.

You don't have a clue what Republicans are and believe, you just use them as a pinata when you get triggered.
Neither do Republicans.
Oldbear83
cinque said:

Oldbear83 said:

PartyBear said:

Oldbear83 said:

PartyBear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Weak effort.

Neither do I
Corrected for accuracy
Oldbear83
Same old routine

1. Libs throw out a laughably false contention

2. Contention dies in sunlight

3. Libs get angry and bitter
br53
I see John Wilkes Booth didnt make the list. Thought he would be at the top of the list.
quash
sombear said:

quash said:

sombear said:

- low taxes

H I bet th

Immigration - again, you suggest he didn't go far enough, but Lincoln project believes the opposite.
Trade - Mexico, Canada, China, and other deals all have been improved.
Deficit - hate to admit it, but deficits have been high under all prior GOP Pres.
I suggest he didn't go far in meeting his campaign goals. I wish we'd get immigration reform and expand work visas significantly and keep the govt thumb off the scales as much as possible.
NAFTA2 was shaving around the edges. The things that Trump complained about were not resolved. Chinia: what deal (signed) are you talking about? Near as I can tell we are still in an "easy to win" traded war that has cost us dearly.
Spending only goes down with a Dem in the WH and a GOP Congress. By the time that happens we'll be approaching thirty ****ing trillion in debt.
tombeaux

Your hit list.
tombeaux
One of my favorites

CHP Bear
Jack and DP said:

The Rino Project slighted Kelleyanne. Conscious or unconscious oversight?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.