Obvious Plan Quiet Part Being Said Outloud

15,791 Views | 256 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HuMcK
Flaming Moderate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On Wednesday, The Alliance/AFT union, which represents teachers within the Dallas ISD, called on the district to conduct online-only virtual learning until January 2021.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/back-to-school/union-for-dallas-isd-teachers-calls-for-virtual-learning-until-january-2021/2424944/

Nothing says "makes sense" like returning to school during the height of cold and flu season. I wonder why else it wants to delay school until January ... hmmmm ....
HuMcK
Speaking of obvious plans being discussed out loud, your boy Trump is doing all he can to steal an election...
Doc Holliday
HuMcK
They say stuff like this out loud because they have such little respect for the intelligence if the Trump base.
D. C. Bear
Trump may be all that and more, but mail in voting is an intrinsically bad idea. If you have something very important that really needs to move from one place to another and arrive intact, you don't put it in the mail. If you wouldn't mail a box of cash to your bank to pay your mortgage, why on earth would you think it is a good idea to mail your vote?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
D. C. Bear said:

Trump may be all that and more, but mail in voting is an intrinsically bad idea. If you have something very important that really needs to move from one place to another and arrive intact, you don't put it in the mail. If you wouldn't mail a box of cash to your bank to pay your mortgage, why on earth would you think it is a good idea to mail your vote?
Excellent post D.C. The USPS has proven themselves less than dependable and grossly incompetent over the years.

Also, if you can show up in person to protest, riot, loot, vandalize, go to funerals, and go to Walmart, you can damn sure show up in person to vote.

I will predict what has already happened and will continue to happen regarding polling places. In predominately Blue cities, poll workers will not show up by design, out of laziness, and/or "fear" of Covid at these polling locations . These locations will not open due to understaffing and the Democrats will cry foul and claim they are being suppressed and disenfranchised and will blame the Republicans and Trump. Rinse and repeat.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Speaking of obvious plans being discussed out loud, your boy Trump is doing all he can to steal an election...

So the absence of mail in voting is stealing the election.

By that logic, all elections have been stolen.
HuMcK
Don't you ever get tired of pretending to be stupid to act like you don't understand what's happening in front of your face? Is it some sort of masochism thing where you like being a dupe? Or just good old fashioned bad-faith?

In an election year and during a global pandemic that has killed 160,000 Americans already due to his incompetence and laziness, Trump has installed a loyalist donor (who is invested in UPS...) to sabotage the United States Postal Service, an institution that's so American it's literally in the US Constitution. Last week he fired or reassigned 23 people in leadership positions to take tigher control. This week he is removing sorting machine from major metro areas. Today Trump literally talked out loud about starving the USPS of resources to keep them from being able to accommodate expanded mail-in voting.

This is out and open cheating to stay in Office, and rest assured it won't stop there or with just the USPS. What you support is authoritarian fascism, the end of free and fair elections to cement one-party rule. You may be American, but you are no patriot. You are a quizling.
Flaming Moderate
HuMcK said:

Don't you ever get tired of pretending to be stupid to act like you don't understand what's happening in front of your face? Is it some sort of masochism thing where you like being a dupe? Or just good old fashioned bad-faith?

In an election year and during a global pandemic that has killed 160,000 Americans already due to his incompetence and laziness, Trump has installed a loyalist donor (who is invested in UPS...) to sabotage the United States Postal Service, an institution that's so American it's literally in the US Constitution. Last week he fired or reassigned 23 people in leadership positions to take tigher control. This week he is removing sorting machine from major metro areas. Today Trump literally talked out loud about starving the USPS of resources to keep them from being able to accommodate expanded mail-in voting.

This is out and open cheating to stay in Office, and rest assured it won't stop there or with just the USPS. What you support is authoritarian fascism, the end of free and fair elections to cement one-party rule. You may be American, but you are no patriot. You are a quizling.
Do you lose sleep worrying you'll drive off the Earth?
HuMcK
I worry that fools like you will cheerfully institute fascism in America. It's abundantly clear that Republicans want fewer Americans voting, so you can cement your minority rule on "the left" out of spite for your fellow Americans. But that's the beauty of Democracy, even people like you who want to end it get a say.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

I worry that fools like you will cheerfully institute fascism in America. It's abundantly clear that Republicans want fewer Americans voting, so you can cement your minority rule on "the left" out of spite for your fellow Americans. But that's the beauty of Democracy, even people like you who want to end it get a say.
How old are you?
Canada2017
D. C. Bear said:

+ 1
Jack Bauer
The mail-in ballots of more than 84,000 New York City Democrats who sought to vote in the presidential primary were disqualified, according to new figures released by the Board of Elections.

The city BOE received 403,103 mail-in ballots for the June 23 Democratic presidential primary.
But the certified results released Wednesday revealed that only 318,995 mail-in ballots were counted.
That means 84,108 ballots were not counted or invalidated 21 percent of the total.

One out of four mail-in ballots were disqualified for arriving late, lacking a postmark or failing to include a voter's signature, or other defects. The Post reported Tuesday that roughly 30,000 mail-in ballots were invalidated in Brooklyn alone.

The high invalidation rate provides more proof that election officials and the Postal Service were woefully underprepared to handle and process the avalanche of mail-in ballots that voters were encouraged to fill out to avoid having to go to the polls during the coronavirus pandemic, critics said.
57Bear
HuMcK said:

... Last week he fired or reassigned 23 people in leadership positions to take tigher control. ...
Please send your verified list to Wikipedia, their list does not contain any. Wikipedia would appreciate your helping them post the latest information on firings and reassignments.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Trump_administration_dismissals_and_resignations

HuMcK
"The high invalidation rate provides more proof that election officials and the Postal Service were woefully underprepared to handle and process the avalanche of mail-in ballots that voters were encouraged to fill out to avoid having to go to the polls during the coronavirus pandemic, critics said."

Best way to make sure that remains true is to do what Trump has to the USPS: withhold money, fight against funding increases, concentrate power with the installed loyalist by allowing him to remove dozens of leadership positions, remove sorting equipment from metro USPS sites, freeze hiring, etc.
HuMcK

Flaming Moderate
HuMcK said:

Chuckle. You're projecting again. But congrats like a good fascist you've distracted from the big picture by focusing on some mythical evil.
TWD 1974
D. C. Bear said:

Agree that mail-in is a flawed process, but our entire voting system is an antiquated, mismanaged, under funded, corrupt and unholy mess. In the face of health concerns, mail in voting is a necessary option until States agree on a better one, and then put up the money to pay for it.
D. C. Bear
TWD 74 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Agree that mail-in is a flawed process, but our entire voting system is an antiquated, mismanaged, under funded, corrupt and unholy mess. In the face of health concerns, mail in voting is a necessary option until States agree on a better one, and then put up the money to pay for it.

No, it isn't a "necessary option" in the face of "health concerns." That's pablum.

br53
D. C. Bear said:

No lie I send it Priority Overnight FedEx.
HuMcK
Why is it necessary to hobble USPS instead of reinforce it in a time of unprecedented pandemic? Do agree with Trump's stance of deliberately sabotaging USPS?
br53
HuMcK said:

Why is it necessary to hobble USPS instead of reinforce it in a time of unprecedented pandemic? Do agree with Trump's stance of deliberately sabotaging USPS?

He doesn't have to sabotage the USPS takes care of that all by themselves.
HuMcK
Says you. I've never in my life had a package or letter get lost by USPS. Until the last month I never had a package more than 1 day late, from anywhere. I routinely purchase firearms using USPS money orders to avoid credit card fees, never had any hint of an issue. I know people that work for USPS.

Anecdotes aren't data, but the idea that USPS is some corrupt agency that can't shoot straight is fiction in my experience.
br53
Wow you should buy lotto tickets daily. You are the only person in the country that is so fortunate. They lose my mail or send it to the wrong house daily.
CHP Bear
HuMcK said:

Thank goodness we live in a Democracy. I've already mailed in 5 ballots. I don't want to associate with fascism. Combing the neighborhood for more. I was a firm believer in one legal person gets one legal vote. Boy was I a fool. "What a country" Vote early vote often. By the way we are a Republic.
CHP Bear
br53 said:

HuMcK said:

He doesn't have to sabotage the USPS takes care of that all by themselves.
You got that right.
cinque
HuMcK said:

I admire your patience with these folk. They know better. They're just pretending not to know.
Make Racism Wrong Again
J.R.
D. C. Bear said:

Trump and his family vote by mail....It's called absentee voting. It is the same freaking thing. He sees his defeat and instead of fighting , he's already setting things up to be a fraud to protect his brand. **** him.
cinque
The Dems should hold hearings on the intentional screwing of the USPS and make that Trump crony testify.
Make Racism Wrong Again
STxBear81
Or to prevent cheating
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
cinque said:

The Dems should hold hearings on the intentional screwing of the USPS and make that Trump crony testify.
The Democrats are asking for $25 billion in the stimulus talks to prop up the USPS. How much longer should the taxpayers subsidize this horribly run and inefficient entity every couple of years? Perhaps hearings should be held to determine if the USPS should continue or be disbanded altogether.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
D. C. Bear
HuMcK said:

Says you. I've never in my life had a package or letter get lost by USPS. Until the last month I never had a package more than 1 day late, from anywhere. I routinely purchase firearms using USPS money orders to avoid credit card fees, never had any hint of an issue. I know people that work for USPS.

Anecdotes aren't data, but the idea that USPS is some corrupt agency that can't shoot straight is fiction in my experience.

So don't act like they are.
TWD 1974
D. C. Bear said:

TWD 74 said:

D. C. Bear said:

No, it isn't a "necessary option" in the face of "health concerns." That's pablum.

It becomes necessary in my view absent other options. 45 States are now allowing no excuse absentee vote by mail, 34. Prior to the pandemic, it was 34 States.
Mail has slowed considerably, but actual loss of mail from my experience is not all that common. The greater problems, in my view are ill considered regulations, badly written instructions, badly organized ballots, incompetent and poorly staffed precincts, etc.
D. C. Bear
HuMcK said:

The problems with the postal service are long term problems and are not amenable to being solved by political rants in an election year, whether they be Trump's rants or yours.
BellCountyBear
I kind of lump the USPS and the VA Healthcare System into the same bucket...grossly incompetent and unmotivated to change that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.