No active fires in Canada I'm hearing? Nothing

2,250 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mitch Blood Green
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://postlmg.cc/SJ5yfj62

^^^ Why do fires stop at Canadian border?

Environmentalist groups have stopped controlled burns of underbrush in Western states but Canada allows it

We do controlled burns for underbrush in Florida and rarely have uncontrollable wildfires fyi
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Federal parks are controlled be the federal government. What does Canada have that we dont have?
Canada2017
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Federal parks are controlled be the federal government. What does Canada have that we dont have?

Quebec
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
LOLOLOLOL!!!! Climate change. Our idiots representing bankrupt cities and states in the U.S. will take the lead. I have determined Americans should no longer be allowed to reproduce.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
contrario

I know the federal government is responsible for funding, but are local governments responsible for execution? I don't know the answer.
br53
contrario said:

I know the federal government is responsible for funding, but are local governments responsible for execution? I don't know the answer.

It is the state's responsibility.
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
Thee University
It used to be called Global Warming but that lost it's value so they switched to climate change.

The climate has been changing for millions of years now.

Not clearing underbrush growth and trash trees & branches is just asking for a huge fire.

They are doing this to themselves. As usual. The California way!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I always thought the National Park Service was a branch of the dept of the interior and responsible for maintaining national parks throughout the country.
br53

I always thought the National Park Service was a branch of the dept of the interior and responsible for maintaining national parks throughout the country.

I googled it and read that it is the States Responsibility
william

cafe au lait

rush (the erstwhile power trio)

poutine.

hockey night.

tim hortons.

the ability to properly cut undergrowth in their forests and the allowing of logging.

- KKM

{ sipping coffee }

... and, of course, Les Habs!!!!

Dale?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
br53 said:

The federal government owns and manages 57% of California's 33 million acres of forests. The state owns only 2.2% and local governments less than 1%. Private landowners have about 40%.

fubar
California executes controlled fires, just like everyone else. Not sure where the lie started that it doesn't, but saying it doesn't is, in fact, a lie.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/programs/prescribed-burning#:~:text=Sometimes%20called%20a%20controlled%20burn,fuels%20is%20projected%20to%20increase.
fubar

Rain.
br53

br53 said:

The federal government owns and manages 57% of California's 33 million acres of forests. The state owns only 2.2% and local governments less than 1%. Private landowners have about 40%.

Not sure buddy, just telling you what google says and the internet is never wrong
cms186
would that Map even show Fires in canada? its a National organisation, so presunably, would just show events in that Nation (ie, the USA)?
I'm the English Guy
midgett
fubar said:

California executes controlled fires, just like everyone else. Not sure where the lie started that it doesn't, but saying it doesn't is, in fact, a lie.

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/our-work/programs/prescribed-burning#:~:text=Sometimes%20called%20a%20controlled%20burn,fuels%20is%20projected%20to%20increase.
Not so fast, my friend.

Environmental laws passed over the past 40 years make controlled fires in California a bureaucratic nightmare. Gotta protect that sage grose.
https://www.hcn.org/blogs/goat/can-loosening-environmental-laws-tame-the-wests-flammable-forests

Private lands don't seem to be going up in smoke as the process isn't limited by government bureaucracy.
https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/california-is-on-fire-again-and-it-was-preventable/
fubar
You say "bureaucratic nightmare." I say they do controlled fires all the time. Does California do enough? I'm not an expert and thus have no opinion that matters. I do tend to trust those who work in the field over politicians and internet gadflies.

California has some unique stressors -- climate and geographic -- that make wildfires particularly difficult. Comparing California to Florida is ridiculous. And blaming California's wildfire problem solely (or mostly) on mismanagement is equally stupid.
ABC BEAR
fubar said:

You say "bureaucratic nightmare." I say they do controlled fires all the time. Does California do enough? I'm not an expert and thus have no opinion that matters. I do tend to trust those who work in the field over politicians and internet gadflies.

California has some unique stressors -- climate and geographic -- that make wildfires particularly difficult. Comparing California to Florida is ridiculous. And blaming California's wildfire problem solely (or mostly) on mismanagement is equally stupid.
I'm not an expert in forest management either, but from my perch as a casual observer I'd say that California is doing a piss poor job of it.
cms186
Florda_mike said:

Environmentalist groups have stopped controlled burns of underbrush in Western states but Canada allows it

We do controlled burns for underbrush in Florida and rarely have uncontrollable wildfires fyi
having looked into this a little, the Fires DONT miraculously stop at the Canadian border, the map you posted only takes Fires in the US into account: https://governmentofbc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f0ac328d88c74d07aa2ee385abe2a41b
I'm the English Guy
fadskier
ABC BEAR said:

fubar said:

I'm not an expert in forest management either, but from my perch as a casual observer I'd say that California is doing a piss poor job of it.
At least California is consistent in doing piss poor jobs...
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Johnny Bear
Thee University said:

It used to be called Global Warming but that lost it's value so they switched to climate change.

The climate has been changing for millions of years now.

Not clearing underbrush growth and trash trees & branches is just asking for a huge fire.

They are doing this to themselves. As usual. The California way!
The myth/farce was switched to "(man made) climate change" so leftist ideologues could have it both ways in the event that a particular winter happened to be unusually cold in addition to a particular summer being unusually hot. In and of itself the moniker "climate change" is a well - duh! type of title because as you indicate the climate has been (NATURALLY) changing over the eons of time and will continue to (NATURALLY) change long after everyone alive today are gone. The key is we as humans have no power, no control and no ability to change it for either better or worse and we have absolutely no ability to stop it from changing however it's going to change. We CAN adapt to the change - but we can't alter the change. And who knows - maybe the change will actually have its benefits (why is it nobody even considers that possibility?).

The topic of being and acting environmentally responsible (often mistakenly conflated with the man made climate change nonsense) is a totally separate issue, because yes, we as humans do obviously impact the environment. We should be (and in the USA at least largely have been over the last half century plus) vigilant in this regard on an ongoing basis. With developing technologies, etc., there's always more that can and should be done to protect the environment, but the delusion that human beings can somehow change the natural climate is and always will be a preposterous notion.
jupiter

Mitch Blood Green
Florda_mike said:

It's the same reason you don't see fires in Greenland or Cuba on that map. That map doesn't show international fires. Try this one.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.