Footage - 2 Tulsa PD cops shot, 1 fatal

3,361 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BaylorOkie
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Just use your taser"
"Just use pepper spray"
"Lethal force is not necessary"

Multiple warnings, multiple non-lethal measures taken.
Life is not black and white. This officer's life taken in a flash.

riflebear
I'd bet a lot of money a year or two ago they would have drawn their weapons in a situation like this but now they are probably being told to holster them as long as possible. BLM or the media won't care about these officers at all or that this is the situations they deal w/ almost daily not knowing who they pull up to might have a gun or might want to harm them. Crazy - prayers for their families.
fadskier
This is why I don't fault officers until absolutely necessary. We've been lied to and mislead so many times...Michael Brown, Jacob Blake...even George Floyd...none of these people were "innocent." If all had obeyed, they'd be alive or uninjured today but yeah...police are racist.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Redbrickbear
Cops have a right to protect themselves from people like this.
Jack Bauer
If they had shot this man before this point, they would be monsters and he would be a martyr.
muddybrazos
Jack Bauer said:

If they had shot this man before this point, they would be monsters and he would be a martyr.
Well, he appeared to be white in the video so we wouldnt have heard about it anyways.
Jack Bauer
I'd like experts like LeBron James or George Truett to explain how the cops could have de-escalated the situation to avoid this.
midgett
muddybrazos said:

Jack Bauer said:

Well, he appeared to be white in the video so we wouldnt have heard about it anyways.
They should be able to put a shot into the leg in this situation or have some other disabling tool that is stronger than a taser which obviously didn't work.
Doc Holliday
Police Chief Wendell Franklin said Johnson leaves behind a wife, two young children, and his parents.

I hope this punk gets nearly beat to death in prison and cries like a little ***** during lethal injection.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
midgett said:

muddybrazos said:

Jack Bauer said:

They should be able to put a shot into the leg in this situation or have some other disabling tool that is stronger than a taser which obviously didn't work.
Nope. He would sue the City of Tulsa for $millions for his injury and pain and suffering.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
fadskier
So why don't white people riot with stuff like this? I mean if this dude were black, cinque, George (Waco) and BLM would be all over this. Is it just uneducated people that protest stuff like this?
Jack Bauer
fadskier said:

So why don't white people riot with stuff like this? I mean if this dude were black, cinque, George (Waco) and BLM would be all over this. Is it just uneducated people that protest stuff like this?
Remember the BLM motto:

ACAB - All cops are *******s.
Bruin
Why aren't our liberal friends on this board celebrating this event?
Malbec
Bruin said:

They are all at cinque's place for cake and ice cream.
Doc Holliday
I bet this little ******* thinks he was being harassed, above the law and justified in not complying because of anti police rhetoric.
BellCountyBear
What kind of tattoo do thugs get for killing a cop?
Jack Bauer
And remember, flying the Blue Lives Matter flag is perceived as "racist".
57Bear
fadskier said:

Uneducated - ?; two of the people arrested at one of the earlier demonstrations were lawyers (one had just been furloughed.
fadskier
57Bear said:

fadskier said:

Uneducated - ?; two of the people arrested at one of the earlier demonstrations were lawyers (one had just been furloughed.
Common sense then?
midgett
Malbec said:

Bruin said:

They are all at cinque's place for cake and ice cream
They got the trifecta. Two white cops shot including one killed. A white criminal who will go to jail for life.

3 whites and their families forever changed in a bad way. Can we get a cherry on that ice cream?
Jack Bauer
The only other options left before lethal force are
-shoot him with tranquilizers like an animal or
-call the SWAT team for backup and wait for him to pass out

That's what it's come to?
ATL Bear
We need to get back to being able to beat the hell out of belligerent suspects with batons. Tasers and sprays aren't doing the job.
Malbec
midgett said:

Malbec said:

Bruin said:

They are all at cinque's place for cake and ice cream
They got the trifecta. Two white cops shot including one killed. A white criminal who will go to jail for life.

3 whites and their families forever changed in a bad way. Can we get a cherry on that ice cream?
Remember that cinque's hero was the ONLY black member of the SLA. The man who assassinated the first black superintendent of the Oakland Public Schools, Donald DeFreeze, aka General Field Marshal Cinque. You are going to find a great many parallels. It's a train a number of posters are riding off a cliff.
BearN
There is an alarming number of disgusting responses to that tweet. This nation is lost.
Thee University
fadskier said:

57Bear said:

fadskier said:

Common sense then?
I know a couple of lawyers dumb as a door knob.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Forest Bueller_bf
BearN said:

There is an alarming number of disgusting responses to that tweet. This nation is lost.
Yes, it is.
Robert Wilson
Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearN said:

Yes, it is.
We've got a lot of celebrities and athletes with blood on their hands and they are flat out too stupid to know it, as is a large chunk of our population.

We are in "deserve what you get" territory. Too bad they can take so many down with them.
Canada2017
Robert Wilson said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BearN said:

Yes, it is.
We've got a lot of celebrities and athletes with blood on their hands and they are flat out too stupid to know it

They know it.....simply believe the monsters they support can't get past the private security of their gated communities.
BaylorOkie
One of my best friends is OK Highway Patrol. He and another OHP were first on the scene moments after this video ends. Justin took the surviving officer in his car and the other OHP took the sergeant that died in his - paramedics had not yet arrived.

They met paramedics a short way down the road and got the officers en route to the hospital.

They returned to the scene with swarms of other police, both TPD and OHP. K9 units were brought in to search. They searched so intently for over 3 hours that the dogs had to be rotated because of dehydration.

He won't talk about it much to anyone other than his wife, but it really rocked him. 3 days later he was still cleaning blood out of his car before coming over to my house for dinner.

The city really rallied around TPD after this happened. We have some idiots like any city, but people overwhelmingly supported the department and the officers' families, I'm glad to say.
BaylorOkie
It's my understanding that the final shot at the split second the video ends is the kill shot to the head.
Robert Wilson
Jack Bauer said:

I'd like experts like LeBron James or George Truett to explain how the cops could have de-escalated the situation to avoid this.

Yeah I'm done with this ***** Let queen LeBron or George Truett go put themselves in these situations. And I've got an anti authoritarian streak a mile wide. But this is some bull***** No one should sign up to be a cop in this environment.

They should've beat the absolute hell out of that guy with batons as soon as he wouldn't vacate the car. His arms and hands should've been too broken to pull a weapon.

Was he caught?
SIC EM 94
BaylorOkie said:

It's my understanding that the final shot at the split second the video ends is the kill shot to the head.

That is just absolute horrible. Did the shooter end up getting caught?
BaylorOkie
They arrested him later that morning, I can't remember where.
Forest Bueller_bf
Robert Wilson said:

Jack Bauer said:

Yeah I'm done with this ***** Let queen LeBron or George Truett go put themselves in these situations. And I've got an anti authoritarian streak a mile wide. But this is some bull***** No one should sign up to be a cop in this environment.

They should've beat the absolute hell out of that guy with batons as soon as he wouldn't vacate the car. His arms and hands should've been too broken to pull a weapon.

Was he caught?
Here is the issue. These interactions are with criminal. By and large they don't give a f.

The George Floyd incident was a tragedy, even though he is a criminal, even though he was uncoorperative and high as kite, he wasn't hurting anybody and he was finally subdued. That handling was a crime.

The others, Atlanta guy, guy shot in the back, guy racing at the officer with a knife. All had a weapon, or one ready to use. What can you expect.

They should have beaten this guy in Oklahoma to a pulp the moment he started trying to kick them off. It is life or death with people who resist very often. If you resist the authority of an officer, it's on you. Just stop and submit, and have your day in court. Be a man, don't react like a 4 year old child that had is toy truck taken from him.
GrowlTowel
Jack Bauer said:

Dude looks white. As such, he wouldn't have made the news much less be a martyr.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.