I remember some folks here criticizing Biden for only considering a woman for VP

1,746 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 90sBear
Username checks out
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump on Supreme Court nominee: 'It will be a woman'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/19/politics/trump-ruth-bader-ginsburg-vacant-seat-fill/index.html

100% agree with the president here
Jack and DP
I assume Trump has already made his choice.

I doubt Biden had made his choice at the time of his statement.
4th and Inches
It should be a woman, the Supreme Court needs a woman's voice because it lost a woman's voice.
Gold Tron
Gruvin said:

It should be a woman, the Supreme Court needs a woman's voice because it lost a woman's voice.

No offense but this is silly. It will be a woman because of optics but how is that any different from the engineered diversity utilized by elite colleges and medical schools. Consider the most appropriate three candidates and choose one. If one has a preferred demographic then that is a bonus.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
4th and Inches
Gold Tron said:

Gruvin said:

No offense but this is silly. It will be a woman because of optics but how is that any different from the engineered diversity utilized by elite colleges and medical schools. Consider the most appropriate three candidates and choose one. If one has a preferred demographic then that is a bonus.
it has been scientifically proven that women and men do not think or prioritize the same way...

you are correct that the number one priority should be to pick the best constitutionalist candidate but I think there might be a couple of picks on Trumps list that meet both of these things
Username checks out
Jack and DP said:

No clue what your point is but the agenda reads loud and clear.
muddybrazos
At least they cant attack a woman with the rape card.
Jack Bauer
muddybrazos said:

Nope, but she's TOO Catholic apparently.
Bearitto
Username checks out said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/19/politics/trump-ruth-bader-ginsburg-vacant-seat-fill/index.html

He's just using your weight against you. Trump fights like a Democrat and Democrats simply go insane because of it.
wuzzybear
Jack Bauer said:

muddybrazos said:

Nope, but she's TOO Catholic apparently.
...along with 7 kids (obviously pro-life), 2 adopted Haitians, and one with special needs. She looks like a suburban mom except she has the same energy as Trump. You think I could have accomplished what she has with 7 kids? No way...

She's not just Catholic, she is ORTHODOX CATHOLIC...big difference. This is our time, Trumps time, and God will bless this nation if we turn back Roe v Wade. That is the biggest deal right there. It should be a first degree felony to commit abortion except when the mothers life is threatened.

Evil is waiting at the WH doorstep to occupy its halls. We can't let it happen.
Username checks out
Bearitto said:

He's just using your weight against you. Trump fights like a Democrat and Democrats simply go insane because of it.

I haven't heard anyone "go insane" at the thought of prioritizing a female justice. It may be the only thing that partisans on both sides agree on. Now why did conservatives on here go insane over Biden doing the same thing for his VP pick?
greatdivide
Bearitto said:

I actually agree with this. And it is one of the reasons I do not care for Trump's style. It is too much like Pelosi, Sharpton, Waters, AOC, Clinton, Warren, De Blasio, Schumer, etc. I agree that style has been effective for many years. Hoping for something different than all that in 2024. And I'll vote for that style change regardless of party.
wuzzybear

Bearitto said:

I haven't heard anyone "go insane" at the thought of prioritizing a female justice. It may be the only thing that partisans on both sides agree on. Now why did conservatives on here go insane over Biden doing the same thing for his VP pick?
Because he only pulled 2 African-American women out of the hat. Women means all women whether green, blue, red, black, white or any other primary color.

When I was 25 I guess I thought like you do now, but at 62 my brain will not let me go left anymore. If wanted to turn left every day I would have a Nascar driver !!!
riflebear

Bearitto said:

There is a big difference between Biden saying I will pick a woman of color as my VP during the campaign and months before Biden even decided vs Trump announcing a couple day before his decision his final two picks are woman. A few weeks ago he put out a list of 20+ men and women for SCOTUS picks.
Username checks out
wuzzybear said:

Bearitto said:

Because he only pulled 2 African-American women out of the hat. Women means all women whether green, blue, red, black, white or any other primary color.

When I was 25 I guess I thought like you do now, but at 62 my brain will not let me go left anymore. If wanted to turn left every day I would have a Nascar driver !!!

There were binders full of qualified women he considered across all races but you just keep on moving those goalposts, eventually you'll get out of field goal range.
Username checks out
riflebear said:

Bearitto said:

There is a big difference between Biden saying I will pick a woman of color as my VP during the campaign and months before Biden even decided vs Trump announcing a couple day before his decision his final two picks are woman. A few weeks ago he put out a list of 20+ men and women for SCOTUS picks.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86

Beautiful. I knew you'd come around. Now get ready to see a Supreme Court Justice confirmed in record time. We will go celebrate and have a beer.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
STxBear81
Isn't it grand
Username checks out
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Beautiful. I knew you'd come around. Now get ready to see a Supreme Court Justice confirmed in record time. We will go celebrate and have a beer.

In a vacuum, confirming a judge now would be the right decision. The abject politicization from 2016 is the problem. Republicans using every advantage they can will cause Democrat retaliation and a further assault to our nation's unity.

I've been thinking though, maybe if we just expand to 15 or 21 or something very high then we'd have a more robust court that doesn't break so often among partisan lines. So, hopeful that this will turn into a net positive once the courts get stacked.
Sam Lowry

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

In a vacuum, confirming a judge now would be the right decision. The abject politicization from 2016 is the problem. Republicans using every advantage they can will cause Democrat retaliation and a further assault to our nation's unity.

I've been thinking though, maybe if we just expand to 15 or 21 or something very high then we'd have a more robust court that doesn't break so often among partisan lines. So, hopeful that this will turn into a net positive once the courts get stacked.
The Court has been politicized for generations. Liberals only noticed in 2016 because that's when it finally started to tip in conservatives' favor. Stacking would only create more nomination battles and further diminish public respect for the process.
ShooterTX
Jack and DP said:

Biden hasn't had the capacity to make his own choices for many, many months now.

Even SNL was making jokes about his mental instability, almost a year ago.

ShooterTX
Whiskey Pete

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Tries to blame assault to nation's unity by way of Democrat retaliation, on Republicans.

Then tries to justify that the Democrat retaliation/assault on nation's unity will be great for the country.

Ummmm, okay.

blackie
To the OP. You should know by now there is always a valid justified explanation here why Trump does something, even if it is the same as what the Dems do which is criticized here. Same goes for Reps in Congress or even people on the street. It never changes. What your people do is OK. What the other people do is not. Human nature, but the optics are pathetic.
wuzzybear
Read Ron Kessler's book on Trump. Trump has ALWAYS had to fight for everything he has done. Mara Lago originally hated him just bc he let blacks and Jews join and at that time in the Palm Beach world that was heresy. He erected a giant American flag cuz there which violated the a city ordinance on the height. He read the ordinance and then he figured out he could bring in a couple truck loads of earth, build it up, and put the flagpole in the new earth. He is a rebel with a cause and the cause is freedom for all regardless of circumstances.

Joe Biden has never built a model car yet is still a multi-million dollar asset owner thanks to his so-called govt service. Govt has all the answers. So if you think Trump is going to back down on this nomination for SCOTUS you are sorely wrong...even in a lame duck situation.

That is ridiculous to suggest adding more justices to SCOTUS. It would dilute the value of the court left or right and it is designed to change as needed, but not the number of them.

He will win 38 states and if the Dems keep on rioting and looting I would raise that to 40. Has there ever been a president who works his a-s-s off like him? Not to my knowledge. His confidence is interpreted as arrogance and he doesn't mind telling people they are stupid if he thinks they are. People relate to him. People don't even know what Biden is talking about and when he does make sense it is nothing more than a high school sophomore argument.

This election is a no brainer unless you would rather have Satan run the country meaning you hate Trump so much you'd take evil over him. There is a reason he was elected over Hillary. She underestimated him just bc he was laughed at for even running. The Dems will put their foot in their mouth all over again. And the debates will have Trump having to explain to Biden why he is a bumbling fool. Trump Badger don't care. He will smoke him like a pot roast every debate. Biden may have to just babble and then say oh I guess I'm out of time. Trump just talks like you and I think but we do not necessarily voice that opinion. Biden will sound like he just drank a bottle of NyQuil.

THE PRESIDENCY DOES NOT BELONG TO A DIMWITTED DEMENTED MENTAL PATIENT. Even the Dems can't stand him but they had no choice but to accept a past moderate candidate with any kind of track record on the Hill.

Amy Coney Barrett is going to be the death of the Dems and that is fine by me. I just believe that God's purpose is to take this country out of the abyss and He doesn't need a "nice guy in Bermuda shorts who smells women's necks" to do it. We are currently under attack as Christians in every way possible. The plan is burn it all down and start over. That won't happen in my neighborhood.
STxBear81
Amen
fubar

wuzzybear said:

Bearitto said:

There were binders full of qualified women he considered across all races but you just keep on moving those goalposts, eventually you'll get out of field goal range.
rifle and Doc and RD2 and wuzzy lead the sicem 365 charge!

fubar
wuzzybear said:

THE PRESIDENCY DOES NOT BELONG TO A DIMWITTED DEMENTED MENTAL PATIENT.
Yeah but you guys elected him fair and square four years ago.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
fubar said:

wuzzybear said:

Bearitto said:

Doc is bringing the fireworks and I will be bringing the champagne. Wuzzy will stand guard keeping away the TDSers that will be spinning wildly out of control. It will be glorious!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Mothra

Biden was rightly criticized for that.

Trump has already nominated two men for Supreme Court. This is different.
Username checks out
Mothra said:

We have elected 45 consecutive men to the VP position so I think the numbers don't favor your argument.
GoneGirl
fubar said:

wuzzybear said:

Bearitto said:

With lots of help from the Russians. Who of course have our best interests at heart.
Baylor3216
Mothra said:

And Hiden picked a total loser that couldn't garner more than a bout 2% from even the socialists
Mothra
Sorry but that's faulty logic.
Osodecentx
Gruvin said:

I'm fine with a woman. I'm also fine with a Protestant who did not graduate from an Ivy League law school.

There are no Protestants on the court
Jack and DP

Jack and DP said:

No clue what your point is but the agenda reads loud and clear.

Trump already knew who his choice was, Biden didn't.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.