Republicans and voter suppression

2,930 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Thee University
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They're serious as a hear attack:

Make Racism Wrong Again
Gold Tron
cinque said:

That will be easier and more convenient to vote early and OFTEN.

Go in person, present an ID, perform your civic duty. It's that easy.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
cinque
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
Trump Appointees Shelve Civil Rights Commission Findings On Barriers To Minority Voting Rights

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/17/trump-appointees-shelve-civil-rights-commission-findings-on-barriers-to-minority-voting-rights/#6c9ff6c7dd68
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
Make Racism Wrong Again
GrowlTowel
ECHO! Echo! Echo.
ABC BEAR
The GOP is mos certainly engages in voter suppression. Votes cast by the dead will be challenged by the living which is a blatant refusal to acknowledge that Dead Lives Matter.
Ski8103
cinque said:

Democrats have been fighting like hell to keep the Green Party off the ballot in many states. Why don't they want people that care about Green Party issues voting?
cinque
Ski8103 said:

cinque said:

Democrats have been fighting like hell to keep the Green Party off the ballot in many states. Why don't they want people that care about Green Party issues voting?
The Green Party has not met the requirements to be on the ballots. That's why the courts have sided with the Dems.
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
cinque said:

Trump lawyers are leading the effort for Kanye's candidacy under the stupid misapprehension that black people will vote for him. Just because you have voted and will vote again for a crazy person is no reason for us to vote for one.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Friscobear
cinque said:

I hear you.
Ski8103
cinque said:

Ski8103 said:

cinque said:

The Green Party has not met the requirements to be on the ballots. That's why the courts have sided with the Dems.
Why does the democratic party care? Because green party voters might be democratic voters without a green party option that's why!
Oso Pardo
So, fact checking just consists of videoing yourself giving your opinion on a subject? I just assumed up until now that fact checking actually consisted of, well, checking for the factuality of spoken statements. Just as the speaker was offering his opinion, the replier was in turn offering his opinion on the subject and neither are fact. Either Rex Chapman doesn't understand what fact checking is, or I don't.

I don't care which side of the party line you stand on, everyone should feel it is eminently important to verify each and every vote that is cast in any election and ensure that they are counted. After all, if you don't remove doubt then you will never reach consensus with voters. I don't care how we vote actually, I just want it to be a truly verifiable process that leaves no room for doubt. As of now, I'm not sure how to reach that goal other than in person or with an absenteeism ballot that must be requested with your unique voter identification. I am open to any suggestions that are just as provably secure and verifiable though.

And no, before anyone asks, I have never questioned the legitimacy of any duly elected official. I may have been disappointed, but the process by which the results were reached was never in question for me. I have reached this conclusion by the fact that there have been virtually no major elections (3 out of 4,687) overturned between 2000-15 because of a recount, and those were state level elections not Federal. Is the process perfect? No, but it's about as good as we can make it as far as voter fraud is concerned IMHO.
4th and Inches
cinque said:

cinque said:

Trump lawyers are leading the effort for Kanye's candidacy under the stupid misapprehension that black people will vote for him. Just because you have voted and will vote again for a crazy person is no reason for us to vote for one.
you must have missed the polls on black vote choices... a couple have polled as high as 22% for Trump. All have polls that I have seen have the black vote for Trump higher than 10% which is more than he did in 2016.
cinque
Gruvin said:

cinque said:

cinque said:

you must have missed the polls on black vote choices... a couple have polled as high as 22% for Trump. All have polls that I have seen have the black vote for Trump higher than 10% which is more than he did in 2016.

Which couple.
Make Racism Wrong Again
4th and Inches
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

cinque said:

Which couple.
it definitely wasnt the one that was polled using D+19 methodology...
cinque
Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

cinque said:

Which couple.
Which couple of polls?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Thee University
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

cinque said:

Which couple.
Which couple of polls?
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/its-pat-birthday-party/3505906

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
Chuckle chuckle!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
4th and Inches
Pennsylvania Registration Update:
6/29/20 to 9/21/20
GOP +105,775
Dem +42,554

9/7/20 to 9/21/20
GOP +28,777
Dem +12,365
STxBear81
Say hello Scranton! and Wilkes Barre too
4th and Inches
4th and Inches
STxBear81
I'm thinking 40% Black vote for Trump.
Born_A_Bear
cinque said:

You do know the difference between Federal Judges in Virginia and the Virginia Supreme Court Justices?
cinque
Born_A_Bear said:

cinque said:

You do know the difference between Federal Judges in Virginia and the Virginia Supreme Court Justices?

What?
Make Racism Wrong Again
FWBear
BornAgain said:

Wrong. If they vote for Trump then they "ain't black."
4th and Inches

Small disclaimer on this one- it is from news week and I thought it would have been better sourced. Some dating app poll... my bad
cinque
BornAgain said:

Chuckle, uh, no:

A majority of black Americans are more interested in voting in the 2020 presidential election than they were in 2016, according to a national survey of 1200 black voters and non-voters conducted by Third Way and the Joint Center.
Why it matters: Black voter turnout declined significantly in 2016 nationally and in key swing states, ultimately contributing to Hillary Clinton's loss to Donald Trump. New details from focus groups and polling suggests that the motivation to remove Trump from office is firing up black Americans to head to the polls next November.
Details: Third Way and the Joint Center conducted nine focus groups of black voters and non-voters in and around Atlanta, Detroit and Philadelphia.
  • They also commissioned a quantitative survey that goes beyond the 2020 horse race to better understand how these Americans are feeling and thinking about things like the economy, immigration and other issues central to the next election.
Black Americans' increased motivation to vote next year stems from an intense opposition to President Trump and a belief that he "has been a disaster for our country, and we need to do everything we can to vote him out," according to the survey.
  • Most respondents said they believe Trump's election has emboldened people with racist views to express them publicly.
  • Their second most common motivating factor: "Voting is the best way to make my voice heard in our government," according to the survey
Make Racism Wrong Again
STxBear81
My opinion. Whether you like it or not. Wait til the men and women vote
FWBear
cinque said:

BornAgain said:

Chuckle, uh, no:

A majority of black Americans are more interested in voting in the 2020 presidential election than they were in 2016, according to a national survey of 1200 black voters and non-voters conducted by Third Way and the Joint Center.
Why it matters: Black voter turnout declined significantly in 2016 nationally and in key swing states, ultimately contributing to Hillary Clinton's loss to Donald Trump. New details from focus groups and polling suggests that the motivation to remove Trump from office is firing up black Americans to head to the polls next November.
Details: Third Way and the Joint Center conducted nine focus groups of black voters and non-voters in and around Atlanta, Detroit and Philadelphia.
  • They also commissioned a quantitative survey that goes beyond the 2020 horse race to better understand how these Americans are feeling and thinking about things like the economy, immigration and other issues central to the next election.
Black Americans' increased motivation to vote next year stems from an intense opposition to President Trump and a belief that he "has been a disaster for our country, and we need to do everything we can to vote him out," according to the survey.
  • Most respondents said they believe Trump's election has emboldened people with racist views to express them publicly.
  • Their second most common motivating factor: "Voting is the best way to make my voice heard in our government," according to the survey

Even if accurate, that was pre-2020 in advance of the Democrats' dual plan to destroy America via (1) attacking the economy and civil liberties in the name of the Wuhan Virus, and (2) stoking the embers of racism in the name of fighting racism.

It takes a special kind of delusion to embrace the Democratic Party, so you'll see the DNC's hold on Black Americans begin to subside (as long as you don't count too many of the fraudulent ballots the will be cast by the left).
4th and Inches
cinque said:

BornAgain said:

Chuckle, uh, no:

interesting survey... 67% of those surveyed claim to be democrat. Wonder why there were a large number that chose the vote him out statement?...
BearN
cinque said:

Just saying the opposite doesn't count as "fact checking"

"I know you are but what am I?" - Also not "fact checking
4th and Inches
4th and Inches
Well tgis doesnt sound good for the Dems...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.