Uncoming presidential debate 29 Sep

5,020 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Canada2017
settegast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How many would agree that the debate be fact checked in real time? This would give the candidates time to correct if they misspoke and voters the opportunity to hear/see the truth otherwise.
Thoughts?
The two most dangerous things in the world are sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. MLK
4th and Inches
settegast said:

How many would agree that the debate be fact checked in real time? This would give the candidates time to correct if they misspoke and voters the opportunity to hear/see the truth otherwise.
Thoughts?
depends... if its like that disrespectful coverage the drive bys gave the RNC then no
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
"Okay Mr. Vice President. Your claim just now of 200 million Americans have died of Covid-19, is slightly off. Would you care to revisit this claim? We don't have 200,000 more minutes in this debate, so please give us your answer in a timely manner."
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Gold Tron
This debate isn't going to happen. Joe is going to get Covid or find some other excuse to be unavailable.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
settegast
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

"Okay Mr. Vice President. Your claim just now of 200 million Americans have died of Covid-19, is slightly off. Would you care to revisit this claim? We don't have 200,000 more minutes in this debate, so please give us your answer in a timely manner."

You didn't answer the question. Would you like to see real time fact checking
The two most dangerous things in the world are sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. MLK
cinque
settegast said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Chuckle.
Make Racism Wrong Again
settegast
Gold Tron said:

This debate isn't going to happen. Joe is going to get Covid or find some other excuse to be unavailable.

And if he doesn't contract the virus because some here believe it's not real, would you want real time fact checking. I believe a serious supporter would.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
settegast said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Absolutely. Even though it is kind of a distraction in a 90 minute debate. The less time actually debating and burning clock definitely helps Biden.

-- Barack Obama
Fat Daddy
Yes.... real time fact checking .... but who is checking the fact checkers?

And it would be best if the old saying "liar, liar, pants on fire" would come true!!!
Bearitto
settegast said:

Thoughts?

It's already happened at a presidential debate. Candy Crowley did it...and told outright lies claiming they were facts. The whole notion of 'fact checking' political statements is just a way to push one sided leftist political propaganda under the guise of objectivity when their lies and spin are never objective, rarely truthful and only serve to put the Republican against two lunatic leftist opponents instead of just one.
ABC BEAR
With Biden on stage, I expect a lot of Medicare supplement, laxative and nursing home commercials to be aired.
Canada2017
Gold Tron said:

Don't believe so .

Biden will hold it together for an hour and go straight to the attack.

Crudely , loudly and inaccurately .

Sam Lowry
settegast said:

Thoughts?
If you can find a fact-checker who knows the difference between fact and opinion. In other words, no.
Oldbear83
settegast said:

Thoughts?
Who gets to do the fact-checking? Who gets to tell folks what constitutes "true", "mostly true", etc.?

I see the idea as a really bad one. The viewers will decide who they believe, and who answered best.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Is Joe gonna show? At this point, I don't think so. I think his handlers will come up with a creative way for him to cancel on Tuesday. He just does not have the strength or the energy.

-- Barack Obama
cinque
Trump's gonna debate circles around Biden.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Whiskey Pete
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Is Joe gonna show? At this point, I don't think so. I think his handlers will come up with a creative way for him to cancel on Tuesday. He just does not have the strength or the energy.
Hell, with the current state of the democrats complete thirst for power and self-consuming hate for Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if 'ole Joe "developed" some sort of sickness and had to bow out the race completely.

Maybe Covid?

Like the dems have been saying the past week, "Nothing is off the table"
STxBear81
Pelosi will show up with BLM and Antifa and burn the place down. Calling Trump an infidel
quash
settegast said:

Thoughts?

By putting Jo Jorgensen on stage? Great idea.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

settegast said:

Thoughts?

By putting Jo Jorgensen on stage? Great idea.
Who???

-- Barack Obama
Malbec
HashTag said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Hell, with the current state of the democrats complete thirst for power and self-consuming hate for Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if 'ole Joe "developed" some sort of sickness and had to bow out the race completely.

Maybe Covid?

Like the dems have been saying the past week, "Nothing is off the table"

Like maybe infecting Joe and then blaming Trump for it?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
cinque said:

Trump's gonna debate circles around Biden.
I am hopeful they give him a map so he can find the restroom on his potty break.

-- Barack Obama
quash
More evidence of what you don't know. Ease up.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

Sorry. I Googled and learned who she is.

-- Barack Obama
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

I'm sure you assumed she was the Communist candidate since I brought her name up.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

I'm sure you assumed she was the Communist candidate since I brought her name up.
The Communist candidate took the day off today. He is probably napping.

-- Barack Obama
Reporter
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Mr. Vice President - do you expect to garner 5.2% of the vote for President so that your total would exceed that of Jimmy Ward for County Judge of Guadalupe County? ( this will trigger the usual bait and switch action of Jimmy Ward Publishing some silly posting accusing me of being someone I am not). We know you Jimmy. We live in your home County. And we are ashamed of you as are 94% of the residents of your home county.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Reporter said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Mr. Vice President - do you expect to garner 5.2% of the vote for President so that your total would exceed that of Jimmy Ward for County Judge of Guadalupe County? ( this will trigger the usual bait and switch action of Jimmy Ward Publishing some silly posting accusing me of being someone I am not). We know you Jimmy. We live in your home County. And we are ashamed of you as are 94% of the residents of your home county.
There is a bounty on your head in my county. And BLM and Antifa. Make sure you drive around, Buddy. You are not safe here. Are you still driving?

-- Barack Obama
Reporter
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Reporter said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

There is a bounty on your head in my county. Make sure you drive around, Buddy. Are you still driving?

You are just a silly silly no count loser.
Oldbear83
Reporter said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Reporter said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

There is a bounty on your head in my county. Make sure you drive around, Buddy. Are you still driving?

You are just a silly silly no count loser.
Joe, ya gotta remembver your lines. It's "dog faced pony soldier".
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
riflebear
I have a bad feeling about this debate for Trump. He's been working 24/7 not preparing for quick comebacks and how to fight off Biden's attacks you know are coming.

The topics are all easy for Biden to attack Trump on with misleading spin or lies. The gloves are off and they will fight dirty and if Biden can avoid forgetting or losing track of a thought multiple times he could easily win this knowing the media will focus on all his one liners vs anything Trump wins. Trump needs to go on the offensive not always respond to Biden and have to play Defense.

If Chris Wallace only sticks to the debate topics that means Biden will be able to avoid questions about his past and record.

Biden must be asked about his role with Flynn and Hunter. Chris Wallace can't let him get away with deflecting or refusing to answer.

I wish Trump was Newt or Cruz this Tuesday because Biden has so much baggage to attack but Trump won't know how to do that without personal insults which could turn off independents who don't know the facts or how bad Biden's record is.

Trump just isn't crisp and he doesn't know how to give facts or his accomplishments in a simple clear quick answer voters will understand. He tends to ramble and exaggerate.

Malbec
How is this guy with his two usernames, Reporter and Jett Rink, with one single purpose, where every single post he makes violates the forum rules, still allowed to post here? It's way past time to drop the hammer on this fool.
quash
The debate process needs to be fact checked for keeping Jorgensen off the stage.
blackie
settegast said:

Thoughts?
I would like to see that and have them both challenged. Of course with Trump, you couldn't get past the first response because once he was told what he said is not true, he would then resort to the next set of manufactured data or simply attack the source. Seriously, it is not feasible to do this in real time. It takes some amount of time to do the research, time which they don't have We all know that nothing a politician or con-man says is totally true.
JXL
quash said:

The debate process needs to be fact checked for keeping Jorgensen off the stage.

I agree, she should be on there.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.