Iran - North Korea - Iraq - Middle East?

829 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by George Truett
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems a bit odd we haven't heard about wars or national security threats from these countries in what seems like a year+. I can't remember an election going back to the early nineties where wars and foreign policy and security weren't at the top of everyone's concern. Why doesn't Trump get credit for all the peace and lack of wars and bringing our troops home? Isn't that what Democrats have been shouting for a couple decades? Of course Chris Wallace doesn't bring up anything about foreign policy during the debate - I wonder why.

Remember Obama said N. Korea would be the #1 threat to America when Trump took over. We hear nothing from them now, last thing Kim Jong Un said was hoping Trump would get better from Covid.

Username checks out
I approve of Trump's de-escalation in the middle east and disapprove of his buddying up to Kim Jong Un.
riflebear
Username checks out said:

I approve of Trump's de-escalation in the middle east and disapprove of his buddying up to Kim Jong Un.
If it makes Kim Jong Un back down and stop his nuclear threats, I don't care how Trump makes it happen. He could spoon him on a N. Korean beach for all I care. Two beached whales...
J.R.
He got played by Kim and Putin. Embarrassing.
STxBear81
You got played by the lame duck dems
Username checks out
riflebear said:

If it makes Kim Jong Un back down and stop his nuclear threats, I don't care how Trump makes it happen. He could spoon him on a N. Korean beach for all I care. Two beached whales...

Kim Jong Un hasn't backed down and the USA is in a strategically weaker position there now due to Trump putting his own quest for glory above national security.
STxBear81
exaggerate any?
riflebear

riflebear said:

Kim Jong Un hasn't backed down and the USA is in a strategically weaker position there now due to Trump putting his own quest for glory above national security.
Seriously, do you all just make this stuff up in your head?

EatMoreSalmon

riflebear said:

Is that why we are not getting missile warnings anymore?
HuMcK
The nuclear scientist was assassinated from 150yds away with a truck mounted, remote controlled machine-gun. After the shots were fired, the truck self destructed.

Whiskey Pete

riflebear said:

care to explain in detail?
JXL

riflebear said:

So you figure Joe Biden will bring peace and security to Korea for a generation, the way Barack Obama did?
ATL Bear
HuMcK said:

The nuclear scientist was assassinated from 150yds away with a truck mounted, remote controlled machine-gun. After the shots were fired, the truck self destructed.

I'm guessing Mossad. Israel will keep Iran's program in check regardless of what we do.
fubar
ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

I'm guessing Mossad. Israel will keep Iran's program in check regardless of what we do.
Israel took care of the Osirak reactor in Iraq back in Reagan's day. Doubt anybody will shed tears if it took care of business now.
ATL Bear
fubar said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Israel took care of the Osirak reactor in Iraq back in Reagan's day. Doubt anybody will shed tears if it took care of business now.
Yep. They have assassinated a number of Iranian scientists over the years and were the primary party along with us in the Stuxnet computer worm attack.
J.R.
ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

I'm guessing Mossad. Israel will keep Iran's program in check regardless of what we do. I'
I'd say you are correct on both counts!
CSIBear
HuMcK said:

And here is a report from "Daily Mail" saying the exact opposite of your tweets

Canada2017
What would/should be our response if Iran assassinated the CEO of Raytheon ?
HuMcK
Back then they (we?) were putting magnetic bombs on the passenger side windows of target vehicles on the highway while scientists were being driven to work. Stuxnet was also super fascinating, at one point I read we had their centrifuges spinning slightly out of alignment and leaking radiation to poison their tech workers, but stuxnet was only the tip of the Flame malware iceberg we had in Iran.
HuMcK
Between Iranian state propaganda and Daily Mail its honestly a close call which is more credible. In this instance, I have to think dozens of operatives carrying out a hit would be infinitely more complicated than the remote controlled machine-gun, and I lean towards the lighter footprint method being more likely.
CSIBear
HuMcK said:

Between Iranian state propaganda and Daily Mail its honestly a close call which is more credible. In this instance, I have to think dozens of operatives carrying out a hit would be infinitely more complicated than the remote controlled machine-gun, and I lean towards the lighter footprint method being more likely.
This is fair. I read a BBC article today that referenced both possibilities.
George Truett
riflebear said:

Seems a bit odd we haven't heard about wars or national security threats from these countries in what seems like a year+. I can't remember an election going back to the early nineties where wars and foreign policy and security weren't at the top of everyone's concern. Why doesn't Trump get credit for all the peace and lack of wars and bringing our troops home? Isn't that what Democrats have been shouting for a couple decades? Of course Chris Wallace doesn't bring up anything about foreign policy during the debate - I wonder why.

Remember Obama said N. Korea would be the #1 threat to America when Trump took over. We hear nothing from them now, last thing Kim Jong Un said was hoping Trump would get better from Covid.

They're all still there and still bad situations.

Just this morning, there's a report that Iran is stepping up its uranium enrichment. It's still stirring up crap across the region.

Plus, with the Israeli hit on their top nuclear scientist, Iran will retaliate in some form.

N. Korea continues its nuke program. It's still a threat. Trump just gave Kim status. N. Korea is no longer a threat because Trump has turned a blind eye to Kim's atrocities.

I'm sure Kim wants Trump healthy and in power. He's been great for dictators.

Iraq is now pro-Iran.

I'll give Trump positive marks for improving things between Israel and various other nations. But it's come a the price of arming these countries with advance weapons.
George Truett
ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

I wouldn't count on that.

They can delay it, but not stop it. This is only one scientist. And the net result may be to make Iran more determined to develop nukes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.