Biden To Shut Down Oil Industry

8,572 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Canada2017
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WacoKelly83
Single biggest snafu
DioNoZeus
I'm sure this really resonated with Biden's favorite town, Scranton
4th and Inches
DioNoZeus said:

and millions of oil and gas employees all over this great nation...
Dungeon Athletics
DioNoZeus said:

He said nothing about the paper industry.
william
Canada2017
Gruvin said:

DioNoZeus said:

and millions of oil and gas employees all over this great nation...

And the railroads , truck drivers , welders , pipe fitters , anyone in an energy related industry .

Been saying it for months .

It's not about personalities...it's about policies .

And Dem policies will destroy our standard of living .
Iron Claw
Zero emissions by 2025??? Where did that come from?
FKA tri it
william
Trump did leave an opening when said 'I know more about wind'.

Old Slow Joe didn't take his counter punch.

- KKM

Trump struck the right tone tonight.

Biden wasn't as sharp and was allowed to ramble- mostly to his detriment - and clearly got tired towards the end.

Ursus Americanus
DioNoZeus said:

And if he thought Texas was his for the taking...
Jack and DP
Bruin
Joe is done.
Jack and DP
Probably lost Pennsylvania with the oil bit.
midgett
Dungeon Athletics said:

DioNoZeus said:

He said nothing about the paper industry.
Underrated post.
Ursus Americanus
Jack and DP said:

People forget how important petroleum products are far beyond fuel.

Every hipster's vinyl records are petroleum products.

Latex condoms and XY Jelly, PPE gear, or imagine trying to bring down the cost of healthcare and living without plastics?

Even the components in a Tesla, paint job on a Prius, or Hunter Biden's laptop are petroleum products.
BearTruth13
Can't believe Joe actually fell into that trap. What a stupid stupid move.

Oil and gas supports 5% of total US employment. You are asking those people to vote for you and you are going to plan to completely phase their industry out of existence in 10 years?
Bearitto
BearTruth13 said:

Can't believe Joe actually fell into that trap. What a stupid stupid move.

Oil and gas supports 5% of total US employment. You are asking those people to vote for you and you are going to plan to completely phase their industry out of existence in 10 years?

But he has all new imaginary jobs just waiting for them. We will need frumplewop farmers and scramdinggle salesmen and carplunkerbable harvesters. It's like a trillion jobs right there.
Mr. Bearitto was banned by the cowardly site owners because he stated that U.S. battleships should not be named after weak victims like Emmett Till, like Robby suggested. Apparently the site owners want a ship named in their honor some day. ;)
Baylor3216
Cmon man. Those coal miners can learn to program

And he doesn't want his kids going to school and riding a bus in a racial jungle with super predators.

Amazing some people are counting on this overlord to save them
Jack and DP
br53
What COVID did to the oil industry, Biden/Harris will finish.
4th and Inches
I bet JR is super happy this morning... he was looking for a reason to retire from oil and gas!
Jack and DP
Jack and DP
BUbearinARK
Ursus Americanus said:

Jack and DP said:

People forget how important petroleum products are far beyond fuel.

Every hipster's vinyl records are petroleum products.

Latex condoms and XY Jelly, PPE gear, or imagine trying to bring down the cost of healthcare and living without plastics?

Even the components in a Tesla, paint job on a Prius, or Hunter Biden's laptop are petroleum products.
And even blessed vaccines. Makes the world gonround at this point.

Now, tell me more about xy jelly. Piqued my curiosity.
KSGeo
Y'all some day oil will be the energy source of the past just like whale fat. Whoever transitions to what's next successfully will be the next power on the global stage. It's smart to start positioning for that.

Also, actual oil field workers live pretty precarious lives and have been screwed over by oil companies as much as the government. Ask anyone in West Texas. A lot of them would be happy to have stable jobs rebuilding our crumbling national infrastructure, which needs decades of work.
KSGeo
BearFan33
Self inflicted wound by Joe here.
PartyBear
He said phasing out federal subsidies to them actually.
Doc Holliday
KSGeo said:

Y'all some day oil will be the energy source of the past just like whale fat. Whoever transitions to what's next successfully will be the next power on the global stage. It's smart to start positioning for that.

Also, actual oil field workers live pretty precarious lives and have been screwed over by oil companies as much as the government. Ask anyone in West Texas. A lot of them would be happy to have stable jobs rebuilding our crumbling national infrastructure, which needs decades of work.

You have to let the market decide it. Forcing it will cause serious problems.

If they were serious about getting away from hydrocarbons, they would pursue nuclear which is 98% renewable.
Robert Wilson
Joe is gonna have us eating cotton candy clouds and drinking from the champagne rivers.
whitetrash
Robert Wilson said:

Joe is gonna have us eating cotton candy clouds and drinking from the champagne rivers.
br53
KSGeo said:

What are we going to use in place of oilbased road products and diesel powered machines to fix the infrastructure? I dont think there are alot of John Henry type folks out there
BUbearinARK
br53 said:

KSGeo said:

What are we going to use in place of oilbased road products and diesel powered machines to fix the infrastructure? I dont think there are alot of John Henry type folks out there
new tech, of course!

4th and Inches
Hey look, Biden apologist in the house! The American public is looking forward to all of these petroleum based products doubling in price!
Bearitto
br53 said:

KSGeo said:

Ummm, I've already pointed out that we are going to be flush with frumplewops, scramdinggles and carplunkerbables.
Mr. Bearitto was banned by the cowardly site owners because he stated that U.S. battleships should not be named after weak victims like Emmett Till, like Robby suggested. Apparently the site owners want a ship named in their honor some day. ;)
KSGeo
Doc Holliday said:

KSGeo said:

You have to let the market decide it. Forcing it will cause serious problems.

If they were serious about getting away from hydrocarbons, they would pursue nuclear which is 98% renewable.

The market's built around finance, which means you create a market with enough investment.
KSGeo
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.