New Hampshire restaurant owner says he'd rather close than make employees, customers

1,256 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Born_A_Bear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Businesses's around here are starting to get mad to that they have to enforce this

Brian Ethridge
Staff
Live Free or Die is the NH state motto
whitetrash
Brian Ethridge said:

Your choice, (a) or (b).
Brian Ethridge
Staff
whitetrash said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Your choice, (a) or (b).
Get busy living or get busy dying

Living fast or dying slow

Which way to go?
muddybrazos
whitetrash said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Your choice, (a) or (b).
I'll take my chances with A.
Dnicknames
If it wasn't an airborne respiratory disease, I would agree.

Because COVID is airborne, not wearing a mask can mean you are endangering those around you - it's where your personal rights mute.

One of Trump's generals said it best recently...It is one of the first lessons they teach at the Naval Academy; it goes something like this:

There's a story about people on a boat. A guy decides to dig through the floor of his personal cabin. Water flows in. Other passengers are pissed. But it's his own cabin, his own liberty the guy argues, so why should it matter if he digs?

Personal choice only goes so far when we're all on the same boat.
-HR McMaster
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dnicknames said:

Because COVID is airborne, not wearing a mask can mean you are endangering those around you - it's where your personal rights mute.

One of Trump's generals said it best recently...It is one of the first lessons they teach at the Naval Academy; it goes something like this:

There's a story about people on a boat. A guy decides to dig through the floor of his personal cabin. Water flows in. Other passengers are pissed. But it's his own cabin, his own liberty the guy argues, so why should it matter if he digs?

-HR McMaster
The difference here is the owner of the business is the one making the decision, not the customers. Unlike the guy in the boat, who doesn't own it.

The customers can still wear their mask or not and choose.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Brian Ethridge said:

whitetrash said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Your choice, (a) or (b).

Which way to go?
Would give you a blue star if I could, Mr. Ethridge.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Brian Ethridge
Staff
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

whitetrash said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Your choice, (a) or (b).

Which way to go?
Whenever I can put in a Shawshank or REK quote, I take the opportunity.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Brian Ethridge said:

Dnicknames said:

-HR McMaster
The difference here is the owner of the business is the one making the decision, not the customers. Unlike the guy in the boat, who doesn't own it.

It will be interesting to see what happens when masks are required at some businesses and optional at others. When we get to that point, my family will do business with companies that masks are optional or NOT required. Would not even mind paying the Mom and Pop stores a premium.

-- Barack Obama
loanbear
Dnicknames said:

-HR McMaster

You have a choice to not get on the boat just like you have the right to stay home to protect yourself from the virus if you so choose. Why do I have to infringe on my freedom of choice to not wear a mask to appease you? This is my biggest issue with pro choice people. You made the choice to have sex and now you dont like the "consequences".

Our biggest issue as a nation currently is a lack of personal responsibility.
Sam Lowry
Brian Ethridge said:

Dnicknames said:

-HR McMaster

The "boat" is the whole community; no one person owns it.
Canada2017
Have never understood why wearing a mask in the middle of a pandemic should be the least bit controversial.
Sam Lowry
loanbear said:

Dnicknames said:

-HR McMaster

You have a choice to not get on the boat just like you have the right to stay home to protect yourself from the virus if you so choose. Why do I have to infringe on my freedom of choice to not wear a mask to appease you? This is my biggest issue with pro choice people. You made the choice to have sex and now you dont like the "consequences".

Our biggest issue as a nation currently is a lack of personal responsibility.
So...you have the right to drown the other passengers since it was their choice to be there? Really?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canada2017 said:

Have never understood why wearing a mask in the middle of a pandemic should be the least bit controversial.
Not necessarily controversial. Kinda like paying property taxes or getting a bad tooth pulled. You don't like either one of these but go ahead and do them anyway.

I trust very little of what we have all been told about Covid.

-- Barack Obama
Dnicknames
Brian Ethridge said:

Dnicknames said:

-HR McMaster

Mandated social responsibility when necessary is already legal precedent. It's where the no mask, individual liberty argument falls apart.

Dram Shop Laws being a top of mind example.
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

Not necessarily controversial. Kinda like paying property taxes or getting a bad tooth pulled. You don't like either one of these but go ahead and do them anyway.

I trust very little of what we have all been told about Covid.

I trust my BU doctor and epidemiology professor.

Not remotely a close call.

Wearing a mask reduces transmission 20-95% depending on the type of mask .

But even 20% is better than nothing .
Born_A_Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

whitetrash said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Your choice, (a) or (b).

Which way to go?
Ditto
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.