Nov 4 COvid will disappear? Who said it on this board?

16,718 Views | 262 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jupiter
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Do you Still believe It?
Not gonna completely disappear. It will just be a quick fifteen second report like the allergens are mentioned during the weather forecast. The mainstream media is going to be way too busy reporting on the next round of impeachment hearings for reelected President Donald Trump. That's what I believe.

Still believe it?

COVID is dead, old timer. Choose life. Not fear.

The MSM has much more important matters to report on these days such as what kind of ice cream your president is eating on his cone. LOL!!!

Clown Country!
You were wrong. It is necessary to subject your conclusions about Covid to critical thinking not MSM or whatever your news sources.
Quite simply facts say you we were wrong a year ago and looked only through the narrow lens of politics left or right.

Enjoy your mask, preacher man. I burned mine.
Admitting you were wrong is the path to freedom.

"Chocolate. Chocolate chip!"

Your new President has adjusted my perspective. I used to think Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama were horrible Presidents. I was wrong.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Greenbear
Just do the math.

50%+ of Americans have received the vaccine. UT Southwestern created an algorithm and announced this week that up to 71M people have been infected by the virus. Tests confirm 20M. That is over 3X what our tests have indicated and most were very mild or symptomatic cases.

Scientists have announced that antibodies have been found more than a year later in the bone marrow of people who have had COVID. This means that their body will fight off future infections. Even if they get it a second time, highly unlikely, then they will not have a severe case. So, those who have COVID are even more safe than the 94% effective rate of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines.

Let's say that out of 71M that 20M had COVID and received the vaccine. I think it is safe to assume that 50M were younger than 40 and had COVID and did not get the vaccine as they were not on the priority list.

That means approximately 160M people have had the vaccine (at least one shot) and another 50M have had COVID but no shot. These two groups combined give us 210M out of 320M population. That is above 60% and close to herd immunity.

The only people getting COVID now are anti-vaxxers, those unable or unwilling to get the vaccine. We are done. Wear your mask all you want, but it is no longer necessary.

I was in Austin this week. Someone forgot to tell the citizens that COVID is over.
Canada2017
trey3216 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Do you Still believe It?
Not gonna completely disappear. It will just be a quick fifteen second report like the allergens are mentioned during the weather forecast. The mainstream media is going to be way too busy reporting on the next round of impeachment hearings for reelected President Donald Trump. That's what I believe.

Still believe it?

The MSM has much more important matters to report on these days such as what kind of ice cream your president is eating on his cone. LOL!!!

Clown Country!
You were wrong. It is necessary to subject your conclusions about Covid to critical thinking not MSM or whatever your news sources.
Quite simply facts say you we were wrong a year ago and looked only through the narrow lens of politics left or right.

your path to freedom is having Father Government tell you what and when you can do whatever. You're a hamster on a wheel and you don't have control of whether or not the wheel actually works nor how fast it can spin. Have fun
Waco47 has no other choice but to rely on Father Government . Doesn't have the financial means to care for himself .

Isn't reluctant to insist others pay his bills either.

Millions just like him .

Waco1947
trey3216 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Do you Still believe It?

Still believe it?

Clown Country!

your path to freedom is having Father Government tell you what and when you can do whatever. You're a hamster on a wheel and you don't have control of whether or not the wheel actually works nor how fast it can spin. Have fun
What a silly straw man
trey3216
Waco1947 said:

trey3216 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Do you Still believe It?

Still believe it?

Clown Country!

What a silly straw man
hardly
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Porteroso
Greenbear said:

Just do the math.

50%+ of Americans have received the vaccine. UT Southwestern created an algorithm and announced this week that up to 71M people have been infected by the virus. Tests confirm 20M. That is over 3X what our tests have indicated and most were very mild or symptomatic cases.

Scientists have announced that antibodies have been found more than a year later in the bone marrow of people who have had COVID. This means that their body will fight off future infections. Even if they get it a second time, highly unlikely, then they will not have a severe case. So, those who have COVID are even more safe than the 94% effective rate of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines.

Let's say that out of 71M that 20M had COVID and received the vaccine. I think it is safe to assume that 50M were younger than 40 and had COVID and did not get the vaccine as they were not on the priority list.

That means approximately 160M people have had the vaccine (at least one shot) and another 50M have had COVID but no shot. These two groups combined give us 210M out of 320M population. That is above 60% and close to herd immunity.

The only people getting COVID now are anti-vaxxers, those unable or unwilling to get the vaccine. We are done. Wear your mask all you want, but it is no longer necessary.

I was in Austin this week. Someone forgot to tell the citizens that COVID is over.

I appreciate your post, but we are not too close to herd immunity. Scientists don't know yet what % of the population will need immunity, but 70-90% has been floated. We will not get much above 70% due to the antivax, antiscience nature of the GOP, though I could see enough of the GOP eventually getting the virus.
trey3216
Porteroso said:

Greenbear said:

Just do the math.

I appreciate your post, but we are not too close to herd immunity. Scientists don't know yet what % of the population will need immunity, but 70-90% has been floated. We will not get much above 70% due to the antivax, antiscience nature of the GOP, though I could see enough of the GOP eventually getting the virus.
we're already at damn near 70% with the #vaxxed and the number who actually got the damn virus. "Surprisingly", cases/hospitalizations/deaths are way down.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Robert Wilson
Porteroso said:

Greenbear said:

Just do the math.

We are there

Res ipsa loquitur

Keep clutching your politics, though
Porteroso
Robert Wilson said:

Porteroso said:

Greenbear said:

Just do the math.

We are there

Res ipsa loquitur

I'm sorry but politics doesn't really have much to do with science, even if you'd like it to.

Science doesn't know when we will achieve herd immunity, though we will find out soon. It did predict it would take a larger portion of the population than normal, die to how crazy contagious covid is.
Robert Wilson
Porteroso said:

Robert Wilson said:

Porteroso said:

Greenbear said:

Just do the math.

We are there

Res ipsa loquitur

I'm sorry but politics doesn't really have much to do with science, even if you'd like it to.

Science doesn't know when we will achieve herd immunity, though we will find out soon. It did predict it would take a larger portion of the population than normal, die to how crazy contagious covid is.
I would like politics to get out of science. Problem is, the guys who like to get on tv can't let that happen.

Was your second paragraph written in English?
Porteroso
Robert Wilson said:

Porteroso said:

Robert Wilson said:

Porteroso said:

Greenbear said:

Just do the math.

We are there

Res ipsa loquitur

I would like politics to get out of science. Problem is, the guys who like to get on tv can't let that happen.

You can replace die with due. Ohonr typing is hard, what can I say?
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Robert Wilson said:

Porteroso said:

Greenbear said:

Just do the math.

We are there

Res ipsa loquitur

LOL..... you actually believe that politics has nothing to do with science?

Trust the science, but rarely the scientist's analysis of it and never the politician's opinion about it.

It's laughable that the liberal democrats try to pass themselves off as the "party of science". My God you people believe that little boys can grow up to be fine young women.

You're science is a joke, your political beliefs are a joke and you're party is a joke.
LIB,MR BEARS
Robert Wilson said:

Porteroso said:

Robert Wilson said:

Porteroso said:

Greenbear said:

Just do the math.

We are there

Res ipsa loquitur

the principle that the occurrence of an accident implies negligence.
TexasScientist
Porteroso said:

Robert Wilson said:

Porteroso said:

Greenbear said:

Just do the math.

We are there

Res ipsa loquitur

Science may not have enough evidence to give a definitive answer, but many times it can give a set of possible answers to from which to anticipate.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
ATL Bear
I'm most impressed with our human immune system. Fought off with low ratio impact a likely gain of function lab altered virus. Too bad we worried so much about masks and lockdowns and less about immune boosters and therapeutics.
Robert Wilson
ATL Bear said:

I'm most impressed with our human immune system. Fought off with low ratio impact a likely gain of function lab altered virus. Too bad we worried so much about masks and lockdowns and less about immune boosters and therapeutics.
No doubt. I said from the beginning we should've been playing offense. Instead, we played defense.

Now, if we had steered money into a lab that had performed gain of function research then leaked the virus, that might help explain why we reacted in the absurd way that we did.
Florda_mike
Robert Wilson said:

ATL Bear said:

No doubt. I said from the beginning we should've been playing offense. Instead, we played defense.

Now, if we had steered money into a lab that had performed gain of function research then leaked the virus, that might help explain why we reacted in the absurd way that we did.

COVID and it's jab and masks and multi masks and swabs and so much more are big business and much is supplied by DC owned China. It'll continue
bear2be2
Porteroso said:

Greenbear said:

Just do the math.

We're likely much closer than you think because of the number of unvaccinated people who have been infected. Between the burn through and vaccine, I'd bet the vast majority of adults in the country have antibodies for the virus at this point.
jupiter
also importantly the 65+ demographic is hoovering around 70% vaccinated

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.