When too much education makes you stupid

1,586 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by TWD 1974
midgett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She apparently has a doctorate degree.

midgett
LOL

4th and Inches
midgett said:

She apparently has a doctorate degree.

LOL, he said it on national TV
cowboycwr
The Dr in front of someone's name doesn't always prove anything. They could easily have their doctorate in something like women's studies or some other useless field.

There are lots of highly educated people with little intelligence or common sense. That has always been true.
Harrison Bergeron
But most importantly she has a blue checkmark.
kennethjohn45
Minecraft: Education Edition is a fun way to engage children in learning. Like https://essay-reviewer.com/writemyessay-help-review/, the software is a game that promotes learning. Many learning courses are available in the app, including arithmetic, literature, history, chemistry, biology, computer science, and many more subjects.
RoyWarren
Yes, it's true. Having a degree and Diploma doesn't mean that a person is educated. There are institutions where getting a Diploma is not that hard. And also, being an educated person is not only about formal educational achievements
ron.reagan
RoyWarren said:

Yes, it's true. Having a degree and Diploma doesn't mean that a person is educated. There are institutions where getting a Diploma is not that hard. And also, being an educated person is not only about formal educational achievements
Nothing like a decade of higher education to prepare you for the real world...
4th and Inches
ron.reagan said:

RoyWarren said:

Nothing like a decade of higher education to prepare you for the real world...
if only it did that..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
HunterBear
The late Jerry Clower used to refer to people who are "educated beyond their intelligence ".
historian
"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them; no ordinary man could be such a fool." George Orwell
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
ABC BEAR
DC is packed with people who fast-tracked to a lucrative job via an Ivy League degree. Personally I would rather be governed by grads solely from Wichita State.
historian
ABC BEAR said:

DC is packed with people who fast-tracked to a lucrative job via an Ivy League degree. Personally I would rather be governed by grads solely from Wichita State.

William F Buckley said it better:

"I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University."

It's the same idea, though.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
TWD 1974
RoyWarren said:

Wolf has a BA from Yale, and DPhil from Oxford, places not exactly known for tossing out degrees just for showing up. One can be smart, well educated, and simultaneously wacked out crazy. What Dr. Wolf's education allows her is the ability to construct a nicely formulated sentence which may also be incomprehensibly wrong. I remember hearing a TV interview many years ago of a renowned Shakespearean actor who was utterly wasted, but you couldn't tell it. Every word out of his mouth was perfectly uttered and made no sense. The listeners thought we were losing our minds. Her writings remind me of that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.