Prediction: Trump will resign, Pence will pardon him. What do you think?

8,392 Views | 147 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HuMcK
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prediction: Trump will resign, Pence will pardon him

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/525845-prediction-trump-will-resign-pence-will-pardon-him

I think he has to, if he is smart. What do you think?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
TexasScientist said:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/525845-prediction-trump-will-resign-pence-will-pardon-him

Pardon him for what? Being Donald Trump?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
TexasScientist
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Yep, for being Donald Trump. For federal charges of bank fraud, money laundering, RICO act violations etc.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Prediction: Biden will get lost after wandering out of the Oval Office looking for the bathroom. Kamala Harris will go find him and lead him back.

Kamala will go find him, - right? What do you think?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
OsoCoreyell
TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Yep, for being Donald Trump. For federal charges of bank fraud, money laundering, RICO act violations etc.
Do you ever wonder if maybe you're the lefty analogue of the crazy old dude watching Hannity on TV getting high on rage and kooky conspiracies?
Dnicknames
Letitia James is hunting Trump - her charges can't be pardoned away, and James is self interested because it may parlay her into National AG role.

Pursuing a past President at the federal level is a precedent neither party wants to see. It would be too polarizing.
HuMcK
For starters, there's a Grand Jury in Manhattan looking at Trump for felont tax fraud right now, that's what the fight in SCOTUS over his tax returns was about. Insurance fraud is likely too. He was a masked co-conspirator in Michael Cohen's felony campaign finance guilty plea, designated as Individual-1 in the charging document. Obstruction of Justice during Mueller, lies in his written answers to Mueller. And that's all before any investigation into rampant rumors of money laundering, or the lawsuits that will drain him dry (a judge has already ordered him to submit DNA evidence that would verify a rape claim against him in a defamation case).

What's I'm saying is, even if you don't hear about it on Newsmax or OAN, Trump has signifigant legal exposures on several fronts, it's why he is so desperate to not lose the protections of the White House. Trump is what a prosecutor would call a "target-rich environment".
OsoCoreyell
Dnicknames said:

Letitia James is hunting Trump - her charges can't be pardoned away, and James is self interested because it may parlay her into National AG role.

Pursuing a past President at the federal level is a precedent neither party wants to see. It would be too polarizing.
But, unity! Let's all come together (to punish the last administration!)
Canada2017
TexasScientist said:

I think you lost your objectivity years ago .

Trump is not resigning nor ever going to jail.

For the same reasons Bill Clinton and Barrack Hussein Obama aren't .
OsoCoreyell
HuMcK said:

For starters, there's a Grand Jury in Manhattan looking at Trump for felont tax fraud right now, that's what the fight in SCOTUS over his tax returns was about. Insurance fraud is likely too. He was a masked co-conspirator in Michael Cohen's felony campaign finance guilty plea, designated as Individual-1 in the charging document. Obstruction of Justice during Mueller, lies in his written answers to Mueller. And that's all before any investigation into rampant rumors of money laundering, or the lawsuits that will drain him dry (a judge has already ordered him to submit DNA evidence that would verify a rape claim against him in a defamation case).

What's I'm saying is, even if you don't hear about it on Newsmax or OAN, Trump has signifigant legal exposures on several fronts, it's why he is so desperate to not lose the protections of the White House. Trump is what a prosecutor would call a "target-rich environment".
A Democrat party hack prosecutor with the backing of the NYT. Be. Very. Careful. Here. No one wants a political system where losers go to prison. That's how you really do end up with coups.
Canada2017
OsoCoreyell said:

HuMcK said:

A Democrat party hack prosecutor with the backing of the NYT. Be. Very. Careful. Here. No one wants a political system where losers go to prison. That's how you really do end up with coups.
Bingo
HuMcK
Maybe next time don't sell your entire souls to such an unrepentant criminal and you won't have to worry about such things. Especially now, with Trump spreading conspiracies and deliberately undermining the foundations of our Republic to save his own skin, the only (narrow) path to reconciliation involves accountability for Trump.
TexasScientist
OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Do you ever wonder if maybe you're the lefty analogue of the crazy old dude watching Hannity on TV getting high on rage and kooky conspiracies?
Except I'm not a lefty. I'm just not a Trumpet. We know he has been under investigation by the Southern District, with further action in abeyance until he leaves office.
OsoCoreyell
TexasScientist said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Except I'm not a lefty. I'm just not a Trumpet. We know he has been under investigation by the Southern District, with further action in abeyance until he leaves office.
Right. Keep telling yourself that. Quack...its a duck.
TexasScientist
Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

I think you lost your objectivity years ago .

Trump is not resigning nor ever going to jail.

For the same reasons Bill Clinton and Barrack Hussein Obama aren't .
They don't or didn't have the exposure he has for his business practices. There was a reason Nixon was pardoned, because there was a high probability he would be prosecuted. I think you will see charges brought forward, at least by the New York AG where a pardon won't help him.
TexasScientist
OsoCoreyell said:

HuMcK said:

Except his transgressions are likely to be too great Letitia James to ignore.
TexasScientist
OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Supporting or loyalty to Trump is not the definition of a conservative. Blind loyalty to Trump is cultish.
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

Maybe next time don't sell your entire souls to such an unrepentant criminal and you won't have to worry about such things. Especially now, with Trump spreading conspiracies and deliberately undermining the foundations of our Republic to save his own skin, the only (narrow) path to reconciliation involves accountability for Trump.

Lol. Coming from Biden supporter.
fubar
TexasScientist said:

What I think is more likely is that Trump pardons himself on the way out the door. When the ensuing ruckus gets too loud, Biden then pardons him to avoid a Constitutional crisis.
OsoCoreyell
TexasScientist said:

OsoCoreyell said:

HuMcK said:

God save us from Letitia James as the AG. Pretty low bar set by Holder, who was openly Barack's "wing man."
OsoCoreyell
TexasScientist said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Supporting or loyalty to Trump is not the definition of a conservative. Blind loyalty to Trump is cultish.
Don't confuse me with a loyal Trumpist. I don't like what he has done to the Republican Party at all. But the "anti-Trump" dopamine addicts are just as much of a cult as the Trumpists. The anti-Trumpers got their best shot with the ridiculous Russia stuff and wet the bed.
STxBear81
BS on Trump. Keep wishing him the worst. The democrats are so butthurt that he is smarter than they are it's ridiculous. The swamp is so pathetic. Biden is a idiot. Quit watching cnn, msnbc, fox, abc , nbc, cbs. They are full of chit
TexasScientist
OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

TexasScientist said:

Don't confuse me with a loyal Trumpist. I don't like what he has done to the Republican Party at all. But the "anti-Trump" dopamine addicts are just as much of a cult as the Trumpists. The anti-Trumpers got their best shot with the ridiculous Russia stuff and wet the bed.
Then you should understand that I don't like what he has done to the Republican Party and the country. I simply cannot support him.
TexasScientist
BornAgain said:

BS on Trump. Keep wishing him the worst. The democrats are so butthurt that he is smarter than they are it's ridiculous. The swamp is so pathetic. Biden is a idiot. Quit watching cnn, msnbc, fox, abc , nbc, cbs. They are full of chit
So you think he'll take his chances on being indicted in the Southern District?
CHP Bear
HuMcK said:

I'm beginning to think your really Adam Schiff.
EatMoreSalmon
TexasScientist said:

Garbage.
HuMcK
No, I just pay attention.
CHP Bear
HuMcK said:

No, I just pay attention.
O.K. Adam.
HuMcK
Can't lie, the idea of an Attorney General Schiff intrigues me about as much as I bet it terrifies Trump.
syme
I say do it. But it's so completely tone deaf the Democratic Party may be the first ones to rein her in. It'd be a self fulfilling prophecy for Trump and his supporters. Remember his approval rating went up during the impeachment.
BUwolverine2012
OsoCoreyell said:

TexasScientist said:

OsoCoreyell said:

HuMcK said:

God save us from Letitia James as the AG. Pretty low bar set by Holder, who was openly Barack's "wing man."

butt buddy
Be present in all things and thankful for all things.
PartyBear
Fubar, Biden will not pardon Trump and even if he had thought about it. I'm sure Trump is burning that avenue as we speak despite Biden's good natured dare I say Reaganesque demeanor about what Trump is doing right now. If Trump's only pardon is from himself, the feds will proceed anyway and his pardon can be an issue for appeal and it won't stand. Unless Cuomo pardons him, a presidential pardon really doesn't mean a whole lot anyway.
Guy Noir
The Democratic House of Representative spent 3 years trying to impeach Trump and the best charges they cam up with is the Ukrainian Quid Pro Quo charge. Once Trump is out of there is little benefit in attempting to bring him down.
STxBear81
You really think trump is in legal trouble ?? Your sources besides MSM and anyone that he has fired.
curtpenn
HuMcK said:

There will never be reconciliation because it still isn't about Trump. Look in your mirror. It's about you and people like you whose value systems are so antithetical to a great many Americans. What cannot be reconciled will not be.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.