'No One Is Listening to Us'

8,739 Views | 182 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wrecks Quan Dough
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wuzzybear said:

The whole world is being deceived so they can vaccinate you and inside the vaccine are nanocubes which grow and are programmable. DO NOT GET VACCINATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!!
My word, every time I think you can't get any crazier...
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
ATL Bear
bear2be2 said:

ATL Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

ATL Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Bearitto said:

How long should politicians enjoy 'temporary emergency powers'? What is the time horizon for 'temporary' before it's effectively permanent? Is seasonally permanent or cyclically permanent or even structurally permanent fine, just as long as they keep saying it's temporary?

Until the weakest and most vulnerable feel safe.
I keep telling you, you are safe. It's not authoritarianism.

Then we don't need the new regs. And you can stop whining and worrying.
Tell it to the doctors.

Telling it to you and political class. And just basically not complying.
Yep, and now another round of restrictions is being triggered. Your local businesses say thanks.
They should not comply. It is apparent that the restrictions do not work and our politicians are unthinking, clueless knobs whose primary consideration is how the public perceives them. If their restrictions worked, then the cases would have been controlled. Clearly, Governor Abbott's edicts that keep salt shakers off of restaurant tables is not "slowing the spread" or "flattening the curve." But his edicts are hurting small businesses while making Jeff Bezos and the Walton family richer. The Legislature cannot meet and curb his power and the power of county judges soon enough.
"If restrictions work, the spread would be controlled."
--The Trump right after refusing to comply with the restrictions

"If masks worked, the spread would be controlled."
--The Trump right after refusing to wear masks

The recommendations of the medical and scientific community haven't worked here because we have a large portion of the population that thinks the virus is a hoax and they refuse to follow them. That they fail to acknowledge that they're refusal to comply to has played a significant role in that doesn't make it less true.
Wrong. The virus is spreading with masks. Trying to pin this on people resistant to mask mandates is a farce.
Tell that to people of South Korea, Thailand or Japan, who have been wearing masks for ages. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, though, that those countries have contained this virus and are still in double digits for deaths per million.
Sure, I'll tell that to easily access controlled nations that have likely immunities against viruses built up over time, with a very homogenous dna profile populace.

They sheltered, shutdown, isolated, and are winning. That ship sailed for us many months ago.
What they didn't do is complain about all containment measures, refuse to comply with them and then claim after the fact that they don't work. We did. That's why we're in the situation we're in.

Probably. Let's also not forget that we complained about shutting down travel to/from China. Imagine if, like New Zealand and Taiwan did, we said no one can come into our country unless they fit specific criteria, primarily citizen or long term resident, and when they did they are under quarantine for 14 days. And we did this for several months. How long with low cases and deaths do you think that would last here?

The irony is that these nations doing so "well" still haven't opened back up to pre Covid levels. And the pandemic isn't over, so all it takes is it to take hold, as we've seen with the flare ups in Europe after opening back up, and we're no longer going to talk about how well they're doing.
TexasScientist
wuzzybear said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

No one listens to petty tyrants. Fatties and Oldsters should have locked themselves away. The rest of Iowa is just fine. You are responsible for your own health if you are concerned.

Doubling down on screwing the old people I see. Typical repub behavior. Screw anyone but me!

Typical Libertarian behavior...leave me alone and I leave you alone. Mind your own god damned business you petty leftist tyrants and lock your own fatasses down into your own cellars because you are scared of catching a cold.
Thoughts on what, if any, powers the state should have during a pandemic?

Let me know when we have a pandemic and we can talk. Right now we have a bad cold.

You still haven't answered my question.
Colds don't kill 260,000 and climbing in less than a year. We have almost as many deaths per day as the total deaths in Japan due to our mismanagement.
That is because you are believing what you are hearing in the media. Covid is listed as the cause of death when it is NOT. Doctors are being paid to list cause of death as Covid when it could be a secondary disease. This is just washing people out and scaring the hell out of people for political gain. So your 260K are probably about 1000 or less. it's comorbidity that is the REAL cause of death. Educate yourself my friend. The whole world is being deceived so they can vaccinate you and inside the vaccine are nanocubes which grow and are programmable. DO NOT GET VACCINATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!!
That's another QAnon conspiracy theory. The story that doctors are being paid to list Covid as the cause of death has been thoroughly debunked. Surely you don't really believe that about the vaccines. That has been debunked also. Who is 'They"? The Illuminati? A global cabal? The sinister Bill Gates? You're extremely gullible, and out of touch with reality.
TexasScientist
Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

No one listens to petty tyrants. Fatties and Oldsters should have locked themselves away. The rest of Iowa is just fine. You are responsible for your own health if you are concerned.

Doubling down on screwing the old people I see. Typical repub behavior. Screw anyone but me!

Typical Libertarian behavior...leave me alone and I leave you alone. Mind your own god damned business you petty leftist tyrants and lock your own fatasses down into your own cellars because you are scared of catching a cold.

Let me know when we have a pandemic and we can talk. Right now we have a bad cold.

Colds don't kill 260,000 and climbing in less than a year. We have almost as many deaths per day as the total deaths in Japan due to our mismanagement.

Colds also don't cure the flu, cinque.
What kind of rabbit hole are you in?
Wrecks Quan Dough
TexasScientist said:

Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

A numbers one. A scientific one. I a very science Texas scientist.
TexasScientist
Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

You need to go back to school and learn more about science. You have to know how to use numbers and apply them properly to extract meaning from them.
Wrecks Quan Dough
TexasScientist said:

Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

You need to go back to school and learn more about science. You have to know how to use numbers and apply them properly to extract meaning from them.

No, cinque suck you, I am very science Texas scientist.
TexasScientist
Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

You might want to take some grammar classes while you are at it.
Wrecks Quan Dough
TexasScientist said:

Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Carlos Safety said:

TexasScientist said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Porteroso said:

Bearitto said:

You might want to take some grammar classes while you are at it.

Keep on, clown.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.