Gen Flynn pardoed

4,393 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by whiterock
Wrecks Quan Dough
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Did he plead guilty to lying to the FBI under oath?

That is not the charge. The government has to convict you for the charge they bring against you.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Did he plead guilty to lying to the FBI?

Twice?
J.B.Katz
Canada2017 said:

Thats great. Lying under oath doesnt mean as much as it used to.
Exactly when was the truth critically important in Washington DC ?
It's important in a criminal prosecution. Even if politics affect the prosecution, defense and verdict.

Flynn is just as bad a posterboy for the right as George Zimmerman and Kyle Rittenhouse. But he's a lot smarter than either of them.
Wrecks Quan Dough

Did he plead guilty to lying to the FBI?

Twice?

Yes, and that is not the charge.
riflebear
It would be shocking (and scary) to go back and see who Obama did this for.

wuzzybear
HuMcK said:

That is an incorrect interpretation of what the FBI agents said. They said that he didn't show any overt clues that would show consciousness he lied, which is wildly different than saying they didnt think he lied. They said it appeared that he didn't think he was lying, not that they agreed with him.

And when DoJ (Barr) tried to dismiss the charges, after multiple guilty pleas to 2 judges, the lead prosecutor resigned in disgust. Lying to FBI investigators is also not the only criminal conduct Flynn plead guilty to, that's just all he was charged with in exchange for his guilty pleas.
Doesn't matter. Never had Miranda rights. Just a fireside chit chat and it should have been thrown out right then. You don't get your rights read, nothing can be used against you unless you waive them. You are parsing words anyway. The 302's said he DID NOT LIE. They destroyed a general's life long service life dude! You are hardcore.
wuzzybear
Let's not forget the 55 hostages in 24 countries Trump rescued while Obama announces the chopped off head of James Foley and then 5min later is on the golf course. He was disgusting but I said very little about him in 8yrs before Trump came along. You do know if it were not for Obama, McCain, and Romney Trump would have never run and it would have been biz as usual on Pennsylvania Ave.

So win or lose this thing he has changed this country forever. He made promises which he kept. We are about to go back to the Swamp Creatures being in charge. Will that you feel better?
Canada2017

Did he plead guilty to lying to the FBI under oath?

You know better.......why the charade ?

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
He didnt plead guilty?

People have thrown up what Obama did, they have said he wasnt Mirandized, etc etc. Did he lie to VP Pence? I thought he lied and Pence believed him and repeated the lies he thought were true.
Wrecks Quan Dough

He didnt plead guilty?
Yep, but that has nothing to do with the charge he faced. Moreover, I cannot think of a single time I have ever heard of anyone being prosecuted for withdrawing or changing a guilty plea.

Only two people have ever been indicted (since the late 1700s) of violating the Logan Act. Yet, this was the sham pretext the FBI used to talk to General Flynn. If you want to support this farce then go ahead, but that is all the Flynn affair was--a farce built on top of a false pretext.
TWD 1974
Carlos Safety said:

TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

He plead guilty to lying to the FBI. He said he had lied about contacting a Russian ambassador.

If he didnt lie to the FBI he lied when he plead guilty.

If he did lie to the FBI, well. he lied.
LOL! That is not the statement that resulted in the charges. You really need the statement, if you can find it, because the charges will turn on the details, Flynn's knowledge, and whether any misstatements of fact were material.

Now, go read the statute and what the government has to prove to get a conviction. He did not violate the statute.
If Flynn is so concerned that his admission of lying was wrong and he didn't lie, he can refuse the pardon proffered by Trump. I'm sure Sidney would just love another 3 years to go round and round on this case.
That is what you ought to get to say when you are framed on federal charges. I assure you that your light attitude will dissipate real quick.
If I were facing the charges, Flynn was facing, and was fully convinced of my innocence I would fight for my day in court to acquit myself I would certainly not plead guilty, nor would I accept a pardon, which does not exonerate me, but implies my guilt. Of course, I don't think of myself as the swiftest of fellows, so I would have made damn sure I didn't in anyway lie to the FBI (or the VP, or anyone else). Finally, I would have found a better lawyer than Sidney Powell, even a court appointed would have done that trick Flynn, with a little cooperation on his part, would have received a light sentence, probably little or no jail time. Powell, in drumming up $millions billable, managed to turn this into a circus without end. Understand the Judge was and is a crank, but she should have known that. Her accomplishment has been nothing but political theater, and ill-served her client.
Osodecentx
TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

He plead guilty to lying to the FBI. He said he had lied about contacting a Russian ambassador.

LOL! That is not the statement that resulted in the charges. You really need the statement, if you can find it, because the charges will turn on the details, Flynn's knowledge, and whether any misstatements of fact were material.

Now, go read the statute and what the government has to prove to get a conviction. He did not violate the statute.
If Flynn is so concerned that his admission of lying was wrong and he didn't lie, he can refuse the pardon proffered by Trump. I'm sure Sidney would just love another 3 years to go round and round on this case.
That is what you ought to get to say when you are framed on federal charges. I assure you that your light attitude will dissipate real quick.
If I were facing the charges, Flynn was facing, and was fully convinced of my innocence I would fight for my day in court to acquit myself I would certainly not plead guilty, nor would I accept a pardon, which does not exonerate me, but implies my guilt. Of course, I don't think of myself as the swiftest of fellows, so I would have made damn sure I didn't in anyway lie to the FBI (or the VP, or anyone else). Finally, I would have found a better lawyer than Sidney Powell, even a court appointed would have done that trick Flynn, with a little cooperation on his part, would have received a light sentence, probably little or no jail time. Powell, in drumming up $millions billable, managed to turn this into a circus without end. Understand the Judge was and is a crank, but she should have known that. Her accomplishment has been nothing but political theater, and ill-served her client.
If you are broke, how would you pay the lawyers? Talk to lawyers who do impecunious clients. They plead for a variety of reasons
I'm a little surprised you would post something like this. It tells me you've never been in a position where you had to go all in
Wrecks Quan Dough
TWD is big and bad until the feds start bankrupting him and threatening to prosecute his family members. Internet tough guy.
TWD 1974
Osodecentx said:

TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

If you are broke, how would you pay the lawyers? Talk to lawyers who do impecunious clients. They plead for a variety of reasons
I'm a little surprised you would post something like this. It tells me you've never been in a position where you had to go all in
Never been charged with lying to FBI. Yep, you figured that one out. Also have never hid a million dollar consulting business with a Foreign Government while I was working as the National Security Advisor to POTUS.
Osodecentx
TWD 74 said:

Osodecentx said:

TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Never been charged with lying to FBI. Yep, you figured that one out. Also have never hid a million dollar consulting business with a Foreign Government while I was working as the National Security Advisor to POTUS.
Ever been broke?
Wrecks Quan Dough
TWD 74 said:

Osodecentx said:

TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

He wasn't charged with anything related to that either. If influence peddling or graft is a problem to you, then you wouldn't vote for anything Dems have put up in the last 30 years.
Osodecentx
TWD 74 said:

Osodecentx said:

TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Innocent people are never indicted

This Wrongly Convicted Man Spent 25 Thanksgivings in Prison

This holiday, he says he's thankful. Are you?
In 1995, I was a 25-year-old Brooklyn father of a one-and-a-half-year-old son. I had recently joined The Times and had become the paper's youngest newsroom department head since a man named Lester Markel was named Sunday editor in 1923.
In 1995, Christian Pacheco was a 18-year-old Brooklyn father of a one-and-a-half-year-old son. He had recently joined the Latin Kings street gangs and become the second youngest co-defendant in a murder case.
Pacheco and some friends, including a young woman that he was seeing, were at a small, corner lounge in the Gowanus neighborhood in Brooklyn, when a bump on the dance floor quickly escalated into a brawl in which the victim was stabbed and his throat slit.
One witness testified that Pacheco was the person who slit the man's throat. He was convicted and sentenced to 25 years to life.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/25/opinion/christian-pacheco-prison-thanksgiving.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

OsoCoreyell
HuMcK said:

The time to hash that out was before pleading guilty...twice. Again, he plead to that lesser charge because it was a lighter offense than the other conduct he admitted to in his pleadings, a functioning DoJ would have torn up the agreement and gone after him for FARA violations.
Whatever. You should pray that no one ever threatens your family and then conditions letting up on you pleading guilty.
Canada2017
FBI went rogue at the behest of Barrack Hussein Obama.
Makes Watergate look like child's play by comparison.

However what's really dangerous is that the procedures for such unlawful intimidation tactics, such unlawful railroading have now been established .

Better pray for old man Biden every Sunday.
Pray that he can somehow keep it together these next four years.

Otherwise Harris is going to make Obama look like Mother Theresa .
Whiskey Pete
HuMcK said:

I want him to wear the felon tag he deserves. He himself is the one that drug this out 4yrs, if he would have cooperated he would have plead out and been off of probation a year ago. And if you don't think his legal bills are more than covered, you aren't paying attention. His current lawyer is your girl Sidney Powell, working for free last I heard.

Can't find a link, all google searches are about current news and a different set of notes.
If you don't believe that people plead guilty when threatened, coerced.... you're an idiot.

So you don't think the gov't has scared anyone into taking a deal and pleading guilty out of fear?

You may want to watch the true story of Brian Banks - dumb ass.
HuMcK
Man you really do show your ass with every post, don't you?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Thats rawhide
Redbrickbear
Will miss Trump.

Good for the General.
Mothra

Like I said. lying under oath doesnt mean as much as it used to. I am not butt hurt at all. Nothing Trump does surprises me. Whats surprising is the good people that bend over backward to either say he didnt lie, ask in shock "what lie?" or insist someone made him lie. Others go the "well, what about Sally? She lied too" or, "You know everybody lies under oath."

As I said above, people who aren't guilty do plea deals all the time. If you actually read anything about this case, you would know that one of the things the Feds promised is not to go after his son on seemingly bogus charges if he would do a deal. And there is also a serious question of whether he actually knew he gave the Feds false information. At least one of those interviewing him said he did not know. And of course there's also the question of whether the Feds tried to entrap him.

I know you suffer from a terrible case of Trump Derangement Syndrome that makes anything the orange man does trigger you, but even objective agents said in their notes that what the govt. did to this man was wrong.

And the bottom line is previous presidents have pardoned people for far worse. Hell, Obama pardoned a domestic terrorist. Of course you weren't up in arms about that.
Mothra
TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

With all due respect, you are woefully ignorant of how the criminal justice system works. Innocent people plead out all the time.

And lawyers are very expensive.
Baylor3216
riflebear said:

It would be shocking (and scary) to go back and see who Obama did this for.

OMB lmao

I hope anyone that voted for Biden and his socialist backers is an investor. With the printing the fed will be doing, they're the only ones once again gonna be crushing it.

Middle class yet again gets destroyed. Don't be middle class or lower if you can avoid it as the new overload same as your old overlords will grift and exploit you as they I've for half a century.

It really is hilarious and amazing to watch play out over and over. And over.

And over.
Canada2017
Mothra said:

Like I said. lying under oath doesnt mean as much as it used to. I am not butt hurt at all. Nothing Trump does surprises me. Whats surprising is the good people that bend over backward to either say he didnt lie, ask in shock "what lie?" or insist someone made him lie. Others go the "well, what about Sally? She lied too" or, "You know everybody lies under oath."

As I said above, people who aren't guilty do plea deals all the time. If you actually read anything about this case, you would know that one of the things the Feds promised is not to go after his son on seemingly bogus charges if he would do a deal. And there is also a serious question of whether he actually knew he gave the Feds false information. At least one of those interviewing him said he did not know. And of course there's also the question of whether the Feds tried to entrap him.
And of course Limitted knows all this. Been discussed on this forum many times.

But for whatever reason he enjoys playing the game .
Doc Holliday
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Because he hates Trump.
Canada2017
Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Because he hates Trump.
Suspect its not just due to hating Trump.

Most folks in the education field consistently vote Democrat.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I have never. Why would I lie? Do you think I am concerned about what others here think of me? I am among the most honest open people here.

Half of American Catholics vote democrat so I guess its a 50/50 chance you vote democrat.
Canada2017

I have never. Why would I lie? Do you think I am concerned about what others here think of me? I am among the most honest open people here.

Half of American Catholics vote democrat so I guess its a 50/50 chance you vote democrat.
Don't believe you lie. Sorry if that is the impression I gave. You are very open.

On the other hand I don't recall you ever supporting any Republican national figure......not even on the old message board. Just the opposite.....you bash them relentlessly .

Meanwhile you give Democrats an easy pass...always . And that is fine of course .....after all these years I find it amusing.

You are most certainly correct .......almost half of Catholics vote Democrat .
However I suspect the vast majority of such Catholics......are Catholics in name only .

One can not support abortion, support assisted suicide.......and honestly consider yourself Catholic .
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

Don't believe you lie. Sorry if that is the impression I gave. You are very open.

On the other hand I don't recall you ever supporting any Republican national figure......not even on the old message board. Just the opposite.....you bash them relentlessly .

Meanwhile you give Democrats an easy pass...always . And that is fine of course .....after all these years I find it amusing.

However I suspect the vast majority of such Catholics......are Catholics in name only .

One can not support abortion, support assisted suicide.......and honestly consider yourself Catholic .

Yup. You can bet if there an opportunity to bash Republicans he's going to do it. Not once in the two decades I've known him on these boards do I recall him speaking positively about a conservative politician. And never have I seen him criticize a democrat.

Good call on the education field. I suspect that has influenced his politics big time.
Canada2017
Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Yup. You can bet if there an opportunity to bash Republicans he's going to do it. Not once in the two decades I've known him on these boards do I recall him speaking positively about a conservative politician. And never have I seen him criticize a democrat.

Good call on the education field. I suspect that has influenced his politics big time.
My wife quit teaching long ago when our first son was born. However a few of her friends have recently retired from the profession . They all say the same......the field is overwhelmingly Democrat, overwhelmingly liberal.

Believe I read somewhere teacher unions are one of the very biggest contributors to Democratic candidates .
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I voted for B Dole,

R. Reagan
R, Reagan
H. Bush
H. Bush
I voted for G. W. Bush.

Though I respect J McCain for his service, I felt he was too liberal and voted Libertarian.

I learned to like Romney a little, but voted for G. Johnson.

I couldnt force myself to vote for a snake oil salesman so again I voted for G, Johnson

I voted for Jo Jorgensen.

This board is 95% toe the line Republican foot soldiers. It doesnt need another party shill echoing Repub talking points. There is no reason to have yet another poster saying the man that just won the election has dementia or has handlers or wears diapers. So I dont add to the excess. OTH, there are plenty of little wooden soldiers here that think God installed Trump to save America. I dont. I dont think repubs or dems are able to make any changes that will matter in the long run. America needs someone that can make positive changes but the sheople keep voting for the same old same old even though you see the results.

What do you call a man that does the same thing over and over and acts surprised when he always gets the same results?

Canada2017

I voted for B Dole,

R. Reagan
R, Reagan
H. Bush
H. Bush
I voted for G. W. Bush.

Though I respect J McCain for his service, I felt he was too liberal and voted Libertarian.

I learned to like Romney a little, but voted for G. Johnson.

I couldnt force myself to vote for a snake oil salesman so again I voted for G, Johnson

I voted for Jo Jorgensen.

This board is 95% toe the line Republican foot soldiers. It doesnt need another party shill echoing Repub talking points. There is no reason to have yet another poster saying the man that just won the election has dementia or has handlers or wears diapers. So I dont add to the excess. OTH, there are plenty of little wooden soldiers here that think God installed Trump to save America. I dont. I dont think repubs or dems are able to make any changes that will matter in the long run. America needs someone that can make positive changes but the sheople keep voting for the same old same old even though you see the results.

What do you call a man that does the same thing over and over and acts surprised when he always gets the same results?

chuckle

Come on fella.....you have been bashing conservatives since the BFan days. However 8 years of Obama and not even a whisper of criticism .

Sure Trump doesn't warrant any style points.......but an educator who routinely calls for the de criminalization of HEROIN ?

Certainly left of center a little bit.......... wouldn't you say ?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.