Democrats: "Covid Rules for thee, but not for me"

4,110 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jack Bauer
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Jacques Strap said:

Booray said:

Jacques Strap said:

AZ_Bear said:

Jacques Strap said:

Ever since the CDC posted the numbers below and the the experts from Harvard, Oxford and Stanford posted their advice below I've been pretty much back to normal. Airplanes, vacations, restaurants, Thanksgiving, yada yada yada.

0-19 years: 0.00003
20-49 years: 0.0002
50-69 years: 0.005
70+ years: 0.054

Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19.

In other words, you want to kill old people.

They have no worries if they follow the advice above and protect themselves via quarantine. win/win
Not every 70 year-old has the financial ability to live by themselves; they do not all need to be in assisted living facilities. This idea that we can just wall of the most vulnerable is a fantasy.
The idea we can wall off everyone not vulnerable is a bigger fantasy.
I'm not advocating for lock downs. I want people to wear masks, socially distance, avoid high-risk activities and test regularly.
Do you advocate against lockdowns?

What is your definition of a lock down?

I am for capacity limits based on disease metrics; in a severe situation that can include closing bars and restaurants as well as limiting church services. I mention those because they are hot button issues.

I am against blanket shut down orders.
Depends on the lockdown order.

California is looking at stay at home orders in 90%+ of their counties.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
And there are some of us that will never, EVER apologize about our decision to gather with family on Thanksgiving. Not as many as there used to be. Slowly but surely Americans are becoming compliant sheep.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Wrecks Quan Dough
Jack Bauer said:

Oops! I did it again...

Covid must not be that big of a threat to most of us if the middle-aged rule makers who have access to better information than the rest of feel they can go about in a normal fashion. I see no reason why their subjects, umm, I mean citizens should comply with the Covid rules they try to set.
Jack Bauer
How about some Texas hypocrisy. Cabo San Lucas - nice touch there, Mayor.

J.R.
just terrible looks all way around. Now the upside, is they all do have good tastes!
Jack Bauer
Peasants with their grocery store ice cream! The rules do not apply to me!

J.R.
Jack Bauer said:

At least she has a $50K fridge to keep them in.
Jacques Strap
It would be easier to believe this is a crisis if those that are telling me this is a crisis were acting like this is a crisis.

https://texasscorecard.com/metroplex/county-judges-disregard-their-own-covid-guidance/

November 30, 2020

Quote:

County Judges Disregard Their Own COVID Guidance

Citizens react to photos of Tarrant's Glen Whitley and Dallas' Clay Jenkins not practicing what they preach.

Quote:

Two leading local officials pushing mask mandates and exhorting Texans not to gather for Thanksgiving have been photographed going against their own advice.

Neither Whitley or Jenkins responded to press inquiries about these images before publication time.
contrario
Jack Bauer said:

How about some Texas hypocrisy. Cabo San Lucas - nice touch there, Mayor.

Austin City Council is voting on a law today that will fine people $2,000 per day for violating COVID-19 restrictions. Adler is a fcking hypocrite and everyone on the Austin City Council is too. But none of them will be voted out in the very blue city of Austin.
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

Jack Bauer said:

I just wonder how much kickback she got for promoting that brand of ice cream. I wouldn't put it past Pelosi and her office to contact the ice cream company looking for residuals.
Whiskey Pete
Jacques Strap said:

It would be easier to believe this is a crisis if those that are telling me this is a crisis were acting like this is a crisis.

https://texasscorecard.com/metroplex/county-judges-disregard-their-own-covid-guidance/

November 30, 2020

Quote:

County Judges Disregard Their Own COVID Guidance

Citizens react to photos of Tarrant's Glen Whitley and Dallas' Clay Jenkins not practicing what they preach.

Quote:

Two leading local officials pushing mask mandates and exhorting Texans not to gather for Thanksgiving have been photographed going against their own advice.

Neither Whitley or Jenkins responded to press inquiries about these images before publication time.

It's not about crisis and containment. It's all about compliance and control.
J.R.
Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Jack Bauer said:

I just wonder how much kickback she got for promoting that brand of ice cream. I wouldn't put it past Pelosi and her office to contact the ice cream company looking for residuals.
Looks like a Klondike bar!!!
Doc Holliday
Hey look! Someone wrote a piece on this subject. I'm the media now haha

https://www.newsweek.com/every-mayor-governor-caught-breaking-covid-restrictions-1552033
whitetrash
J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Jack Bauer said:

Being that it's San Francisco, the "Klon" is silent.
Whiskey Pete
Wrecks Quan Dough
J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Jack Bauer said:

I bet it tastes the same too, but it is reaaalllly expensive.
Waco1947
Apparently the rules are not for the President either.
Waco1947
Forest Bueller_bf
J.R. said:

just terrible looks all way around. Now the upside, is they all do have good tastes!
Hell everybody with lots of money to spend on somebody else's dime has good taste.
contrario
Waco1947 said:

Was the president telling everyone to stay home and not travel and then did it himself? That's what people have an issue with. If they weren't sitting in their ivory tower telling us what to do, while doing the exact opposite themselves, it wouldn't be an issue. Everyone should have a problem with this. And anyone that used the term "super spreader event" with respect to Trump and don't have a problem with this behavior needs to shut the fck up because you are a hypocrite.
Waco1947
contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

Was the president telling everyone to stay home and not travel and then did it himself? That's what people have an issue with. If they weren't sitting in their ivory tower telling us what to do, while doing the exact opposite themselves, it wouldn't be an issue. Everyone should have a problem with this. And anyone that used the term "super spreader event" with respect to Trump and don't have a problem with this behavior needs to shut the fck up because you are a hypocrite.
I said by said by word, "All citizens Wear your mask." Say it on March 15.
example All White House events and require at rallies
Waco1947
jupiter

contrario
Waco1947 said:

contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

example All White House events and require at rallies

I'm not sure if you are speaking English or not, so I'm not sure how to respond.
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
Waco1947
contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

contrario said:

Waco1947 said:

By example all White House events and rallies should require masks

I'm not sure if you are speaking English or not, so I'm not sure how to respond.
My apologies - I fixed it above ^^
Waco1947
Jack Bauer
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jack Bauer said:

I would bet she voted for Eric Garcetti , Gavin Newsome, and Joe Biden. Two thirds of Californians voted for higher taxes, more lock downs, and defunding the police. People get the government they deserve.

-- Barack Obama
Jack Bauer
And the King Covid Azzhole himself,

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jack Bauer said:

Let them eat cake. Or a s h i t sandwich.

-- Barack Obama
jupiter
jupiter

How's that drug war working out for you?
Wrecks Quan Dough
jupiter said:

The virus is everywhere. It is gonna get you if you do not obey those overreaching government mandates and suggestions.

Give in. Admit it. Surrender to Big Brother. He is here to help.
Waco1947
Jack Bauer said:

virtual gathering
Waco1947
Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

Jack Bauer said:

virtual gathering

Is the football game virtual?

Quote:

A pandemic isn't going to stop the Buffalo Bills from opening stadium gates for a playoff game for the first time in 24 years.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Wednesday that 6,700 fans will be allowed inside Bills Stadium on the weekend of Jan. 9-10 for the Bills' first home playoff game since Dec. 28, 1996. It is the first step in a first-in-the-nation pilot program launched by New York aimed at "re-opening businesses safely" during COVID-19, according to Cuomo, who said he will be attending the game

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.