Biggest monthly gain in stock market in 33 years

900 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by curtpenn
BearTruth13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In November. So much for that epic collapse Trump was forecasting.
Doc Holliday
If the senate flips it will.
BearTruth13
Doc Holliday said:

Agreed. But it is clear that the Senate is more important than Trump v Biden in nearly everyone's minds.
J.R.
Man, for the life of me, I just can't figure out the stock market and the housing boom.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
It must be Trump He is still the president you know. Once he leaves it will all go to hell in a handbasket.
Dnicknames
https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/74309/1#discussion

Did we drop considerably more than 5% when Biden won?
HuMcK
The stock market reaches all time highs, at the same time as we have miles long food lines in several states. The markets seem to become more detached from the actual health of the economy every year.
BearTruth13
HuMcK said:

The stock market reaches all time highs, at the same time as we have miles long food lines in several states. The markets seem to become more detached from the actual health of the economy every year.

Just more reliant on a few companies (Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon). Those make up a huge amount of America's wealth ($6-7 Trillion) and are growing by double digits annually.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

That's not the case every year though.
blackie
Doc Holliday said:

Wouldn't bet on it. The market was going up prior to the election believing there would be a true "blue wave". Likely because of the massive infrastructure packages that were expected along with a hefty COVID stimulus. Stock market has history of actually going up more in Dem administrations than Rep, but outside influences could have caused that to happen. If everyone knew what the market would do based on whoi wins the Presidential election, a lot of people would be a whole lot richer.....either from buying or shorting.
jupiter
Bexar Pitts
jupiter said:

Nice chart, Jupiter..Guess it's safe to assume our largest financial institutions are a$$ deep in USD. No dangerous liquidity issues seem to be lurking...for the big boys anyway. FED in action.
Doc Holliday
blackie said:

Doc Holliday said:

Wouldn't bet on it. The market was going up prior to the election believing there would be a true "blue wave". Likely because of the massive infrastructure packages that were expected along with a hefty COVID stimulus. Stock market has history of actually going up more in Dem administrations than Rep, but outside influences could have caused that to happen. If everyone knew what the market would do based on whoi wins the Presidential election, a lot of people would be a whole lot richer.....either from buying or shorting.
It's going to flip.

Just read that about 23k students are now eligible to vote because they turned 18 after Nov. 3rd and a pro dem group helped register all of them.

There's also mail in ballots that so far have almost entirely leaned toward Democrats.

When they pass the green new deal, corporate tax rate near 30%, middle class tax hikes and massive regulations...things are going to be really bad.
Mothra
BearTruth13 said:

In November. So much for that epic collapse Trump was forecasting.
It's early. Biden isn't president yet.
curtpenn
HuMcK said:

Been a very, very active trader/investor for over 25 years. For all my efforts, I barely manage to beat the SPY most years - lol. Lot's to be said for asset allocation and the couch potato approach, but I enjoy it. Have had some modest success this year with options and I'm looking to go more in that direction as I near retirement. My main takeaway from all these years is that financial markets are just giant ongoing auctions with price action functioning as a market clearing device for the underlying. Millions of decisions being made every second for millions of different reasons that don't really have a lot to do necessarily with current economic conditions in that moment. When you back up and think about it, share prices of publicly traded companies are just a very small part of the investible universe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.