3 Dems Infected After Reps Refuse Masks

6,953 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Florda_mike
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Capitol Attack Is Looking Like a COVID Superspreader Event
At least three Democratic lawmakers, including 75-year-old cancer survivor Bonnie Watson Coleman, have been infected after sheltering from the MAGA mob with Republicans who refused to wear masks.
By Eric Lutz
January 12, 2021

The casualties of last week's attack on the Capitol are not only those who were killed or injured in the siege, as there are a growing number of lawmakers who have been infected with COVID-19 after sheltering with Republican colleagues who refused to wear masks, even while in close quarters with elderly lawmakers.

Dr. Brian Monahan, Capitol Hill's attending physician, warned lawmakers that they may have been exposed to coronavirus as they took cover from the MAGA mob that overran the halls of congress. Less than a week after the riot, that scenario seems to be coming to fruition. Three Democratic lawmakers this week have tested positive for COVID in the wake of the attack: Bonnie Watson Coleman, the 75-year-old New Jersey representative; Pramila Jayapal of Washington; and Brad Schneider of Illinois.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/01/the-capitol-attack-is-looking-like-a-covid-superspreader-event?utm_social-type=owned&mbid=social_facebook&utm_brand=vf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR14vaj3W74xL7pVW487NVMtkuZ3bGIZtonzKfgdRvsAzufNeofQ_I1mgkU

ATL Bear
And of course the proof of the origin is there, and that it was from someone not wearing a mask, right?

The events were bad enough. Let's not add to the hysteria with pure speculation. Or better yet, let's accuse all the Capitol entrants of being terrorists that used a deadly bio-weapon.
fadskier
Sam Lowry said:

The Capitol Attack Is Looking Like a COVID Superspreader Event
At least three Democratic lawmakers, including 75-year-old cancer survivor Bonnie Watson Coleman, have been infected after sheltering from the MAGA mob with Republicans who refused to wear masks.
By Eric Lutz
January 12, 2021

The casualties of last week's attack on the Capitol are not only those who were killed or injured in the siege, as there are a growing number of lawmakers who have been infected with COVID-19 after sheltering with Republican colleagues who refused to wear masks, even while in close quarters with elderly lawmakers.

Dr. Brian Monahan, Capitol Hill's attending physician, warned lawmakers that they may have been exposed to coronavirus as they took cover from the MAGA mob that overran the halls of congress. Less than a week after the riot, that scenario seems to be coming to fruition. Three Democratic lawmakers this week have tested positive for COVID in the wake of the attack: Bonnie Watson Coleman, the 75-year-old New Jersey representative; Pramila Jayapal of Washington; and Brad Schneider of Illinois.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/01/the-capitol-attack-is-looking-like-a-covid-superspreader-event?utm_social-type=owned&mbid=social_facebook&utm_brand=vf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR14vaj3W74xL7pVW487NVMtkuZ3bGIZtonzKfgdRvsAzufNeofQ_I1mgkU

I thought they were trying to unify America. Guess that didn't last long...
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
https://www.newsweek.com/video-shows-pramila-jayapal-sans-mask-riot-despite-knocking-maskless-republicans-1560920

and here she is taking cover without a mask on...

won't let me post the pic but do a search...she is taking cover and doesn't wear a mask
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Porteroso
So stupid to mock people wearing masks, but refusing to talk about it unifies America according to this thread?

This hardly rises to the definition of super spreader, but it's still dumb. I can't believe anyone is allowed in the Capitol without a mask. You need one at the gas station, and we don't scream and give long speeches there...
J.B.Katz
What I heard is that staffers who were wearing masks asked staffers who weren't to mask up.

Six Republicans are on video refusing to wear masks when asked by another house rep. One of them was the QAnon nut from GA

https://www.channel3000.com/republican-members-of-congress-refuse-to-wear-masks-during-capitol-insurrection/

Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Oklahoma Rep. Markwayne Mullin, Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs, Pennsylvania Rep. Scott Perry, Texas Rep. Michael Cloud and California Rep. Doug LaMalfa were captured unmasked and gathered closely together. They all refused the masks.
sombear
Have any of those Repubs without masks tested positive? That seems to be the minimum threshold question.
J.B.Katz
sombear said:

Have any of those Repubs without masks tested positive? That seems to be the minimum threshold question.
Can they be required to take tests?
Florda_mike
Porteroso said:

So stupid to mock people wearing masks, but refusing to talk about it unifies America according to this thread?

This hardly rises to the definition of super spreader, but it's still dumb. I can't believe anyone is allowed in the Capitol without a mask. You need one at the gas station, and we don't scream and give long speeches there...

God you're a puss
Forest Bueller_bf
Who knows where she got it. It could have been from the woman yelling in their direction while they were hiding in the bleachers in Congress, she didn't have either a gas mask or virus mask on during the entire 2:21 minutes they were filming.

Also on July 29th she is speaking here, in a public setting without a mask. Maybe she isn't the one to lecture about not wearing masks.

More than likely HER habit of not wearing a mask caught up with her, just seems like she is using this as an opportunistic time to condemn someone else, I'm sure she is not better.
BearFan33
Didn't Pelosi require a positive covid Congresswoman to attend the vote to retain her speakership ?
sombear
J.B.Katz said:

sombear said:

Can they be required to take tests?

No, but still an easy and obvious question to ask, and as far as I know, all fed elected officials have announced when testing positive. And my question was not rhetorical. I was out of pocket today and this is was the first I saw of this story. And this low hanging fruit was still hanging ....
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

And of course the proof of the origin is there, and that it was from someone not wearing a mask, right?

The events were bad enough. Let's not add to the hysteria with pure speculation. Or better yet, let's accuse all the Capitol entrants of being terrorists that used a deadly bio-weapon.
Why not wear a mask if it would obviate these accusations?

Wear the damn mask, dammit
Sam Lowry
sombear said:

Not really. You can test negative (or not get tested) and still be contagious.
sombear
Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Definitely out of my league on COVID science. I wear my mask, avoid restaurants, gyms, and any other crowds and hope for the best. But I thought it's been pretty well settled for a while (at least as much as anything COVID can be settled) that the chances of asymptomatic or negative test spread are exceedingly low.
ATL Bear
Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

This is being used to score political points, not generate safety awareness. What's going to happen is that if this woman gets very ill, they're going to pin it on the attack or non masked Republicans or something similar. I wear a mask even though I know it's very little help. But she just as soon could have gotten it somewhere else. People who don't have Covid don't spread Covid to other people whether wearing a mask or not. If all the unmasked people mentioned are negative, what then?
Sam Lowry
sombear said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Definitely out of my league on COVID science. I wear my mask, avoid restaurants, gyms, and any other crowds and hope for the best. But I thought it's been pretty well settled for a while (at least as much as anything COVID can be settled) that the chances of asymptomatic or negative test spread are exceedingly low.
Here's an article I found: https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/03/health/covid-test-negative-contagious-wellness/index.html
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Before accusing the Republicans of being the source, at the very least evidence they were the source seems in order.
Whiskey Pete
VaeBear
We keep getting told that being around family during the holidays were super spreader events. Maybe she got it from a family member?
blackie
Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Here's an article I found: https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/03/health/covid-test-negative-contagious-wellness/index.html

I also heard where it is now believed that asymptomatic people can spread the virus. The chances are not low. Then again we have the new strains that are showing up and they say they are much more contagious.
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

This is being used to score political points, not generate safety awareness. What's going to happen is that if this woman gets very ill, they're going to pin it on the attack or non masked Republicans or something similar. I wear a mask even though I know it's very little help. But she just as soon could have gotten it somewhere else. People who don't have Covid don't spread Covid to other people whether wearing a mask or not. If all the unmasked people mentioned are negative, what then?
C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
Osodecentx
Rawhide said:

If the R's had worn a mask we wouldn't have to listen to this ****
ATL Bear
Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
You talking to me or someone else? I said I wear a mask.
ATL Bear
Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

No, if the Congresswoman didn't want to pin blame on Republicans not knowing where or how she was infected, we wouldn't have to listen to this ***** Reality is we need to stop blaming masking for what's going on. Did she hand sanitize after swapping documents and swapping tables and spots in the chamber? How often did she touch her mask and face?

This is the cheapest kind of politics.
Whiskey Pete
Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

If the D's would stop being POS hypocrites, we wouldn't have to listen to this *****
Florda_mike
Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

I see you're still competing for Sicem365's biggest puss
geewago
Somethings not right here. Those who WERE wearing masks (Dems) are catching covid from this event? Those who WEREN'T wearing masks (Reps) are not catching it? Aint this kinda sorta backwards? Please Dr Fauci explain.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Before accusing the Republicans of being the source, at the very least evidence they were the source seems in order.
I guess it depends on the remedy she's seeking. It obviously doesn't meet a legal standard of proof, but all she seems to be asking is that Congress enforce some rules on its own members. That's reasonable enough in light of conduct that most would agree increased the risk.
Bearitto
Ok, I am yielding to the "Cancel Culture" movement. I vote that we banish anyone who unironically uses the term "Superspreader" to an island completely riddled with fleas.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

I guess it depends on the remedy she's seeking. It obviously doesn't meet a legal standard of proof, but all she seems to be asking is that Congress enforce some rules on its own members. That's reasonable enough in light of conduct that most would agree increased the risk.
Don't disagree its not unreasonable, though based on the videos I've seen posted, she apparently runs afoul of any type of mask mandate herself.

And we all know the remedy she is seeking: public outrage for political purposes.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Don't disagree its not unreasonable, though based on the videos I've seen posted, she apparently runs afoul of any type of mask mandate herself.

And we all know the remedy she is seeking: public outrage for political purposes.
As Republicans, we could do a lot better to avoid that kind of outrage. It's bad enough being known as the party of sedition. Must we insist on spreading pestilence as well? I sincerely hope the left never goes full QAnon and accuses Trump of being a satanic pedophile. I can see some of his followers embracing the image just to feel they were owning the libs.
VaeBear
Rawhide said:

Perhaps she got it from the lady in red in the video who is not wearing a mask?
Forest Bueller
VaeBear said:

Rawhide said:

Perhaps she got it from the lady in red in the video who is not wearing a mask?
She is just full of it, trying to score political points, nothing else.

That said hope she recovers quickly.
By the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

No, if the Congresswoman didn't want to pin blame on Republicans not knowing where or how she was infected, we wouldn't have to listen to this ***** Reality is we need to stop blaming masking for what's going on. Did she hand sanitize after swapping documents and swapping tables and spots in the chamber? How often did she touch her mask and face?

This is the cheapest kind of politics.
If the Republicans had worn masks they would not have given the woman ammunition
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.