3 Dems Infected After Reps Refuse Masks

6,832 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Florda_mike
Buddha Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
geewago said:

Somethings not right here. Those who WERE wearing masks (Dems) are catching covid from this event? Those who WEREN'T wearing masks (Reps) are not catching it? Aint this kinda sorta backwards? Please Dr Fauci explain.
Masks are more of a prevention of spreading rather than protection. That was explained by Fauci a long long time ago.
Osodecentx
Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

If the R's had worn a mask we wouldn't have to listen to this ****
If the D's would stop being POS hypocrites, we wouldn't have to listen to this *****
They aren't likely ton quit anytime soon, so wear a mask in order to remove the accusations
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

And of course the proof of the origin is there, and that it was from someone not wearing a mask, right?

The events were bad enough. Let's not add to the hysteria with pure speculation. Or better yet, let's accuse all the Capitol entrants of being terrorists that used a deadly bio-weapon.
Why not wear a mask if it would obviate these accusations?

Wear the damn mask, dammit
This is being used to score political points, not generate safety awareness. What's going to happen is that if this woman gets very ill, they're going to pin it on the attack or non masked Republicans or something similar. I wear a mask even though I know it's very little help. But she just as soon could have gotten it somewhere else. People who don't have Covid don't spread Covid to other people whether wearing a mask or not. If all the unmasked people mentioned are negative, what then?
C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
You talking to me or someone else? I said I wear a mask.
ATL
Sorry, didn't mean you. I meant the Republicans should have been masked in order to remove the chance for this accusation
muddybrazos
Buddha Bear said:

geewago said:

Somethings not right here. Those who WERE wearing masks (Dems) are catching covid from this event? Those who WEREN'T wearing masks (Reps) are not catching it? Aint this kinda sorta backwards? Please Dr Fauci explain.
Masks are more of a prevention of spreading rather than protection. That was explained by Fauci a long long time ago.
So if I don't have Covid then I really don't need to wear a mask. Good to know.
fadskier
Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

And of course the proof of the origin is there, and that it was from someone not wearing a mask, right?

The events were bad enough. Let's not add to the hysteria with pure speculation. Or better yet, let's accuse all the Capitol entrants of being terrorists that used a deadly bio-weapon.

This is being used to score political points, not generate safety awareness. What's going to happen is that if this woman gets very ill, they're going to pin it on the attack or non masked Republicans or something similar. I wear a mask even though I know it's very little help. But she just as soon could have gotten it somewhere else. People who don't have Covid don't spread Covid to other people whether wearing a mask or not. If all the unmasked people mentioned are negative, what then?
C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
ATL
Sorry, didn't mean you. I meant the Republicans should have been masked in order to remove the chance for this accusation
The problem is that Jayapal wasn't masked either...
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
bubbadog
muddybrazos said:

Buddha Bear said:

geewago said:

Also helpful to know that you can spread Covid to hundreds of people before you feel symptoms and find out you have it.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
Bexar Pitts
bubbadog said:

muddybrazos said:

Buddha Bear said:

geewago said:

Also helpful to know that you can spread Covid to hundreds of people before you feel symptoms and find out you have it.
And interesting to know that even the mRNA vaccines don't actually keep you from getting infected..they simply stop the virus from replicating to the point that you become ill..Much research is being done to determine if vaccinated population could still possibly spread the virus. Still much unknown, including particulars on these new variants that keep popping up. Just this morning, Ohio researchers are claiming discovery of two more strains that they say likely originated in United States...both appearing not to diminish effectiveness of existing vaccines. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/ohio-researchers-say-theyve-identified-two-new-covid-strains-likely-originating-in-the-us.html
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Have any of those Repubs without masks tested positive? That seems to be the minimum threshold question.
Not really. You can test negative (or not get tested) and still be contagious.

Before accusing the Republicans of being the source, at the very least evidence they were the source seems in order.
I guess it depends on the remedy she's seeking. It obviously doesn't meet a legal standard of proof, but all she seems to be asking is that Congress enforce some rules on its own members. That's reasonable enough in light of conduct that most would agree increased the risk.
Don't disagree its not unreasonable, though based on the videos I've seen posted, she apparently runs afoul of any type of mask mandate herself.

And we all know the remedy she is seeking: public outrage for political purposes.
As Republicans, we could do a lot better to avoid that kind of outrage. It's bad enough being known as the party of sedition. Must we insist on spreading pestilence as well? I sincerely hope the left never goes full QAnon and accuses Trump of being a satanic pedophile. I can see some of his followers embracing the image just to feel they were owning the libs.
I don't disagree,
Mothra
Buddha Bear said:

geewago said:

Well, to be clear, Fauci also told us masks didn't work, so don't bother wearing them, if you recall.

And we wonder why Americans have dramatically different views on these things.
muddybrazos
Mothra said:

Buddha Bear said:

geewago said:

Well, to be clear, Fauci also told us masks didn't work, so don't bother wearing them, if you recall.

Exactly, so since we are all just picking and choosing what to listen to I'm gonna just go with Fauci on this one.
fadskier
bubbadog said:

muddybrazos said:

Buddha Bear said:

geewago said:

I got tested Saturday after exposure. I tested negative. While I don't like it, I do wear a mask.

After testing negatively, I asked if I could go back to work on Monday. The Dr said that I would be considered low risk because I could still have it. I said well, I always wear a mask.

His response? "You know that's not really that affective?" I said that I did not. He stated that you can still catch and spread with a mask. I asked if that's the case, why are we wearing masks? He answered because it makes me people take it more seriously.

I kind of laughed. He brought me a piece of paper from CDC basically stating that while masks cannot be deemed effective it is better than doing nothing and gives the "appearance of safety."

He also said that at 57 and ingood health, the flu was more dangerous. He told me that people who can die fron Covid are the types that shouldn't be leaving their home.

Weird conversation, to say the least
bear2be2
muddybrazos said:

Mothra said:

Buddha Bear said:

geewago said:

Exactly, so since we are all just picking and choosing what to listen to I'm gonna just go with Fauci on this one.

Except he didn't say that. The original recommendation against masks was based on the fact that PPE was in short supply for those who needed it most at the time and that the focus during that period was on avoiding the contraction of the virus, not the spread. Masks have never been particularly effective at keeping the wearer from getting COVID. And Fauci and the CDC didn't want civilians hoarding vital resources needed by medical professionals under the false assumption that the masks would keep them from catching the virus.

The change on masks came when our focus shifted from contraction of the virus to slowing its spread. It's here where masks efficacy exists, but they require near universal use, and we never got that because a bunch of idiots made them a political issue.
Porteroso
Florda_mike said:

I see you're still competing for Sicem365's biggest puss

Just going to throw this out there, it's 2021 now, and using women's genitals as insults isn't really ok anymore. I'm sure your potty mouth can think of plenty other insults that aren't offensive to half of humanity. It's not a big deal but it would be nice if you could change that.
Osodecentx
fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
ATL
I didn't know that
fadskier
Osodecentx said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
ATL
I didn't know that
Newsweek posted a video and I tried to post a pic...but you can search and she wasn't wearing a mask...don't really blame her for that...if I were in the capitol during that, I would be thinking about a mask...but then I would blame anyone afterwards either
Sam Lowry
It's not a matter of picking and choosing, but of understanding relative statements. If a doctor is telling you that quarantine is indicated in your specific case, he's going to say masks aren't very effective because they aren't very effective - compared to quarantine. If he's talking to the general public, many of whom haven't been diagnosed and can't or won't stay home, he's going to say masks are effective because they are very effective - compared to nothing at all.
J.B.Katz
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Have any of those Repubs without masks tested positive? That seems to be the minimum threshold question.
Not really. You can test negative (or not get tested) and still be contagious.

Before accusing the Republicans of being the source, at the very least evidence they were the source seems in order.
I guess it depends on the remedy she's seeking. It obviously doesn't meet a legal standard of proof, but all she seems to be asking is that Congress enforce some rules on its own members. That's reasonable enough in light of conduct that most would agree increased the risk.
Don't disagree its not unreasonable, though based on the videos I've seen posted, she apparently runs afoul of any type of mask mandate herself.

And we all know the remedy she is seeking: public outrage for political purposes.
As Republicans, we could do a lot better to avoid that kind of outrage. It's bad enough being known as the party of sedition. Must we insist on spreading pestilence as well? I sincerely hope the left never goes full QAnon and accuses Trump of being a satanic pedophile. I can see some of his followers embracing the image just to feel they were owning the libs.
This.
bear2be2
fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
ATL
I didn't know that
Newsweek posted a video and I tried to post a pic...but you can search and she wasn't wearing a mask...don't really blame her for that...if I were in the capitol during that, I would be thinking about a mask...but then I would blame anyone afterwards either
She said on TV today that the Capitol Police that led the House members out of the chambers told them to remove their masks so they could put on their gas masks. I can't verify the veracity of that, but that was her explanation.
J.B.Katz
bear2be2 said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
ATL
I didn't know that
She said on TV today that the Capitol Police that led the House members out of the chambers told them to remove their masks so they could put on their gas masks. I can't verify the veracity of that, but that was her explanation.
The coverage I saw about Jayapal not wearing a mask was on Fox, a network I wish had not become the Trump talking points network.Their election coverage was always by far the best and I couldn't watch it this time around.
fadskier
bear2be2 said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
ATL
I didn't know that
Excet that she didn't put it on....and there are pictures and a video
fadskier
J.B.Katz said:

bear2be2 said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
ATL
I didn't know that
The coverage I saw about Jayapal not wearing a mask was on Fox, a network I wish had not become the Trump talking points network.Their election coverage was always by far the best and I couldn't watch it this time around.
I posted a video from Newsweek
Wrecks Quan Dough
If it is not safe to hold church, then what made these people think it is safe to hold Congress?
whitetrash
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Maybe she's more susceptible to respiratory problems, similar to pugs, bulldogs and other flat-faced breeds...

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/breathing-problems-smushy-faced-dogs-might-have-genetic-component-180972215/
Sam Lowry
fadskier said:

bear2be2 said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
ATL
I didn't know that
You mean the video where she's holding a gas mask?
ATL Bear
Cheap political ploy. It's that simple. Opinions about masks don't matter.
Buddha Bear
muddybrazos said:

Buddha Bear said:

geewago said:

You can spread germs (Covid, Flu, Colds) before you show symptoms. Has been known to man for a century. Now you finally know.

bearassnekkid
Good grief. We're pointing fingers and blaming people who aren't wearing ineffective masks and claiming that we "got the disease" from that person . . .even though that person has never had a symptom and never tested positive for the disease. We're also saying if people had just worn the ineffective mask they wouldn't have given folks the "ammunition" to make such ridiculous accusations. All the while also ignoring that the some of the most strict mask policy and mask shaming areas are the ones who have experienced the most prevalent spread. Or at the very least similar spread to areas with significantly less strict mask policy/social shaming.

Because, um, viruses spread. They spread. They spread until they run out of available hosts to continue the spread.

Cowering in fear, pointing fingers, blaming people not wearing a paper mask for your contracting this disease, etc, is quintessential behavior for the divisive, bizarro world we now inhabit. I am legit embarrassed to be human at this point.
Buddha Bear
bearassnekkid said:

Good grief. We're pointing fingers and blaming people who aren't wearing ineffective masks and claiming that we "got the disease" from that person . . .even though that person has never had a symptom and never tested positive for the disease. We're also saying if people had just worn the ineffective mask they wouldn't have given folks the "ammunition" to make such ridiculous accusations. All the while also ignoring that the some of the most strict mask policy and mask shaming areas are the ones who have experienced the most prevalent spread. Or at the very least similar spread to areas with significantly less strict mask policy/social shaming.

Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan and a handful of other APAC countries disagree. The difference in the areas I just mentioned are that people seem to have a stronger sense of community and responsibility for the people around them, and they all have more trust in their government. Probably a big reason why they beat Covid, and the US didn't.

Here we are bickering about why people should wear masks, and nobody trusts the science (or even knows the science) behind it. Everyone seems to have given themselves science degrees, and then tries to tell everyone else how to live based on the fake news they're reading. Complete stupidity and completely unorganized. There's no leadership, and no trust in the leadership in the US. Good luck, only gonna get worse. Everyone's emotions have lowered their IQ's by 20 points in the US. I'm amazed at the stupidity. The whole world is.
Bearitto
Buddha Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan and a handful of other APAC countries disagree. The difference in the areas I just mentioned are that people seem to have a stronger sense of community and responsibility for the people around them, and they all have more trust in their government. Probably a big reason why they beat Covid, and the US didn't.

Here we are bickering about why people should wear masks, and nobody trusts the science (or even knows the science) behind it. Everyone seems to have given themselves science degrees, and then tries to tell everyone else how to live based on the fake news they're reading. Complete stupidity and completely unorganized. There's no leadership, and no trust in the leadership in the US. Good luck, only gonna get worse. Everyone's emotions have lowered their IQ's by 20 points in the US. I'm amazed at the stupidity. The whole world is.

I'm not going to look up the data on the nations you cited, although I will wager there's plenty to suggest masks aren't the reason their numbers appear as you claim they do.

What I will point out, however, is 3/4 of the nations you mentioned are islands.
Sam Lowry
Bearitto said:

Buddha Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

I'm not going to look up the data on the nations you cited, although I will wager there's plenty to suggest masks aren't the reason their numbers appear as you claim they do.

What I will point out, however, is 3/4 of the nations you mentioned are islands.
"Virus gonna virus...oh, except on islands."
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Depending on how the illness affects them, it could be anything but cheap.
Jack and DP
Come on, Sam. You're smarter than this.
Bearitto
Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Buddha Bear said:

bearassnekkid said:

"Virus gonna virus...oh, except on islands."

Ok. Lol.
fadskier
Sam Lowry said:

fadskier said:

bear2be2 said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

fadskier said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

C'mon ATL
Wear a mask
Be polite
ATL
I didn't know that
You mean the video where she's holding a gas mask?
Yes and I think it is generally accepted that the gas mask only helps when it covers your face. Perhaps she had different information.
fadskier
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Depending on how the illness affects them, it could be anything but cheap.
I know it's wrong, but after all of the vile things she has said, I hope it affects her a little...
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.