Masks are Never Coming Off

197,453 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
muddybrazos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JUST IN: The Biden administration is working to develop a "vaccine passport" that will allow Americans to travel and enter businesses that require proof of vaccination -WaPo

And so it begins.
NeuroticBear
muddybrazos said:

JUST IN: The Biden administration is working to develop a "vaccine passport" that will allow Americans to travel and enter businesses that require proof of vaccination -WaPo

And so it begins.
Shippou's wet dream about to become reality...
Canada2017
muddybrazos said:

And so it begins.

It's a foolish concept ......and sets a bad precedent.

Dangerous .
Oldbear83
Under Reagan: "Land of the Free"

Under Biden: "Papers, please"
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
muddybrazos
Maybe we will have to show our vaccine passports to vote.
Jack Bauer
Hey America, you need to get vaccinated so you can keep wearing two masks and social distance forever!
Robert Wilson
Finally, we can more easily tell the star bellied sneeches from the plain bellied sneeches.
Shippou
NeuroticBear said:

muddybrazos said:

And so it begins.
You must be some type of work for my name to slip from your mouth on a thread I haven't visited in over a month. Odd, you also think somehow that I think vaccine passports are a "wet dream" and not something to further divide people into groups. Very odd that this doesn't align with any point of view I've ever expressed but you know me so well random guy on the internet, thank you for interpreting my thoughts for myself.
J.R.
robby44 said:

That's my man, RW with always great 80s !
whiterock
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

Who cares? Is it that much of an inconvenience?
Are you serious Clark? You don't think the way we have been doing school, business and restaurants the last year has been an inconvenience?

Wow.
The issue of convenience does not matter. No one who is well should have any government functionary tell them what to wear or be subject to house arrest or have their private property rights infringed on. The abuse of power by the government has been sickening. The only thing more sickening is how we tolerated it.

About 500,000 of us didn't.
Don't forget the bright side. Covid has greatly reduced deaths attributed to Heart Disease, Diabetes, and the Flu.
total excess deaths = 85K. a 14% increase over the 2015-1029 average. 15% of 85k is 11,900.

So the net effect of CV pandemic and our mitigation efforts......about 12k extra deaths.

Whether that is a win or a loss is something that can be formed that round or pounded flat.

Have fun.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-55631693
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

Are you serious Clark? You don't think the way we have been doing school, business and restaurants the last year has been an inconvenience?

Wow.
The issue of convenience does not matter. No one who is well should have any government functionary tell them what to wear or be subject to house arrest or have their private property rights infringed on. The abuse of power by the government has been sickening. The only thing more sickening is how we tolerated it.

Don't forget the bright side. Covid has greatly reduced deaths attributed to Heart Disease, Diabetes, and the Flu.
total excess deaths = 85K. a 14% increase over the 2015-1029 average. 15% of 85k is 11,900.

So the net effect of CV pandemic and our mitigation efforts......about 12k extra deaths.

Whether that is a win or a loss is something that can be formed that round or pounded flat.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.
NeuroticBear
Shippou said:

NeuroticBear said:

muddybrazos said:

And so it begins.
You must be some type of work for my name to slip from your mouth on a thread I haven't visited in over a month. Odd, you also think somehow that I think vaccine passports are a "wet dream" and not something to further divide people into groups. Very odd that this doesn't align with any point of view I've ever expressed but you know me so well random guy on the internet, thank you for interpreting my thoughts for myself.
Funny that you noticed "a thread you haven't visited in over a month" when I didn't even quote you.

Lefty's are so easy to troll, it's almost not even fun anymore.
Shippou
NeuroticBear said:

Shippou said:

NeuroticBear said:

muddybrazos said:

And so it begins.
Funny that you noticed "a thread you haven't visited in over a month" when I didn't even quote you.

You're not special. Thread was at the top of the page, clicked on it to see what's new, lo and behold my name comes slipping out your mouth. You're weird pal.
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.
Ok. multiply it times five. Doesn't the same question apply?
quash
Doc Holliday said:

I will have a major problem if we're required to wear them even if we aren't sick.
Then start a thread with a quote that says something about such requirements instead of triggering yourself over shadows.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.
You wouldn't take 14% of 85K. 85K represents the actual 14% increase above the five-year average, so that would be the basis of your cost-benefit analysis. The equivalent number in the US is about 360K.
OsoCoreyell
Robert Wilson said:

Finally, we can more easily tell the star bellied sneeches from the plain bellied sneeches.
Uh, that book was cancelled...keep up!
Robert Wilson
OsoCoreyell said:

Robert Wilson said:

They must've cancelled it because it was hitting too close to home...
Oldbear83
Robert Wilson said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Robert Wilson said:

They must've cancelled it because it was hitting too close to home...
They cancelled it because Joe couldn't decide which sneech he was supposed to like and which he was supposed to hate.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.
You wouldn't take 14% of 85K. 85K represents the actual 14% increase above the five-year average, so that would be the basis of your cost-benefit analysis. The equivalent number in the US is about 360K.
so about twice the number of a bad flu year.

is that worth what we've been thru in terms of economic and human costs in other areas?
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.

is that worth what we've been thru in terms of economic and human costs in other areas?
40K is usually considered a bad flu year, so about nine times that number in excess deaths over and above the average (or almost 14 times in terms of total deaths, which is a more apples-to-apples comparison).
NeuroticBear
Shippou said:

NeuroticBear said:

Shippou said:

NeuroticBear said:

muddybrazos said:

And so it begins.

You're not special. Thread was at the top of the page, clicked on it to see what's new, lo and behold my name comes slipping out your mouth. You're weird pal.
Bless your heart.
Canada2017
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.

40K is usually considered a bad flu year, so about nine times that number in excess deaths over and above the average (or almost 14 times in terms of total deaths, which is a more apples-to-apples comparison).

Counts are increasing again in Northern Colorado.

Very concerning .

With all the vaccinations underway thought we would have seen a dramatic drop .
ATL Bear
Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.

Very concerning .

Deaths or infections?
Canada2017
ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.

Very concerning .

Deaths or infections?

Infections
Guy Noir
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.

Actually the number could have been much higher if we did not follow some of the prevention protocols.
ATL Bear
Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.

Very concerning .

Deaths or infections?

Infections
Vaccine was not developed to stop infection, only to stop severe outcomes of infections. It does the latter very well thus far. That's the oddity of calling this a vaccine.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Are you serious Clark? %A0You don't think the way we have been doing school, business and restaurants the last year has been an inconvenience?

Wow.

Don't forget the bright side. %A0Covid has greatly reduced deaths attributed to Heart Disease, Diabetes, and the Flu.
total excess deaths = 85K. %A0 %A0a 14% increase over the 2015-1029 average. %A0 %A015% of 85k is 11,900. %A0

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.
Ok. %A0 multiply it times five. %A0 %A0Doesn't the same question apply?
so about twice the number of a bad flu year. %A0

Very concerning . %A0

With all the vaccinations underway thought %A0we would have seen a dramatic drop .
Deaths or infections?

Infections
Vaccine was not developed to stop infection, only to stop severe outcomes of infections. It does the latter very well thus far. %A0That's the oddity of calling this a vaccine. %A0
"Under real-world conditions, mRNA vaccine effectiveness of full immunization (≥14 days after second dose) was 90% against SARS-CoV-2 infections regardless of symptom status."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_vaccine
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Are you serious Clark? %A0You don't think the way we have been doing school, business and restaurants the last year has been an inconvenience?

Wow.

Don't forget the bright side. %A0Covid has greatly reduced deaths attributed to Heart Disease, Diabetes, and the Flu.
total excess deaths = 85K. %A0 %A0a 14% increase over the 2015-1029 average. %A0 %A015% of 85k is 11,900. %A0

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.

Very concerning . %A0

With all the vaccinations underway thought %A0we would have seen a dramatic drop .
Deaths or infections?

Infections
Vaccine was not developed to stop infection, only to stop severe outcomes of infections. It does the latter very well thus far. %A0That's the oddity of calling this a vaccine. %A0
"Under real-world conditions, mRNA vaccine effectiveness of full immunization (≥14 days after second dose) was 90% against SARS-CoV-2 infections regardless of symptom status."

Take the time to watch and listen.
https://www.*****ute.com/video/hfzL5gUeQvxr/
EDIT: b i t c h u t e is the starred part.
ShooterTX
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.

Very concerning . %A0

Deaths or infections?

Infections

FYI, i also found it on YouTube:

ShooterTX
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.

Very concerning . %A0

Deaths or infections?

Infections

Thanks for the link. He is wrong about vaccines always containing organisms. Genetically engineered antigens have been developed since the 1990s.

As noted by the CDC, vaccines have been shown to work against symptomatic and asymptomatic covid infection. If there's evidence to the contrary, the video provides none.
D. C. Bear
Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Yes, and it is much more than an "inconvenience."
Canada2017
ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.

Very concerning .

Deaths or infections?

Infections
Vaccine was not developed to stop infection, only to stop severe outcomes of infections. It does the latter very well thus far. That's the oddity of calling this a vaccine.

With these vaccines ......supposedly the ability to transmit the illness to others is reduced .

D. C. Bear
Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

tommie said:

Carlos Safety said:

Mothra said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Wow.

Have fun.

Those are UK stats.

Very concerning .

Deaths or infections?

Infections

With these vaccines ......supposedly the ability to transmit the illness to others is reduced .

Yes, real world data do tend to indicate this is true.
BearlySpeaking
Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

It's been pretty hellish on people born with hearing losses. Reached an age where I could navigate this socially with few problems, but this has been a big setback that affects every social interaction. Many have been understanding and pull off their mask when I tell them what is going on, but started seeing again some who are exasperated or upset about something people have no control over.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.