Masks are Never Coming Off

192,489 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Wangchung
Whiskey Pete
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For many on the left, the mask has become nothing more than the anti MAGA hat. And they wear it white pride as evident by all the photos they post of themselves wearing a mask, in a car, by themselves, driving in the middle of nowhere, with the windows up
quash
whiterock said:

It's amazing how mask culture varies from region to region. In San Antonio/Austin, it's as bad as what I saw in California this weekend....everybody, everywhere, occasional double-masks worn outside. North Texas, pretty much all the local businesses either dropped requirements or stopped enforcing weeks ago. And, of course, in mid-sized cities and rural counties, masks are rarely seen except at the doctor's office.
Rural county/small city here. Still seeing masks, even though there are very few places requiring them. Family Dollar stands out as one that still has the mask sign on the door; I went back to my car and made my purchase somewhere else, they're just not that unique.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
Put your masks back on bigots. Looks like they're not going away after all.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-masks-continue-sage-scientist-b1863955.html
muddybrazos
I havent been Cali in 13 years and don't have any plans to go there soon or to NY. I don't think the masks will be coming back to the South.
Florda_mike
Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

Who cares? Is it that much of an inconvenience?

Not for Marxist like you for sure
Florda_mike
Robert Wilson said:

I think ugly people and introverts are having a blast.

Boom
Florda_mike
I've been called an idiot and conspiracy theorist for months as I've been saying there will be a new COVID in a few months that will require new jabs

And that was back months ago when there was already 80+ jabs patented and ready for FDA EUA releases

It's all about money and DEPOPULATION I'm telling you

Each jab will be increasing deaths at an increasing rate too

And the sheeple will line up shaking in fear til stabbed with their killer dope!
quash
Florda_mike said:

I've been called an idiot and conspiracy theorist for months as I've been saying there will be a new COVID in a few moths that will require new jabs

And that was back months ago when there was already 80+ jabs patently and ready for FDA EUA releases

And the sheeple will line up shaking in fear til stabbed with their killer dope!

Newsflash: Covid deaths are decreasing, and the survival rate from the vaccines are far higher than the survival rates from the disease.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

I've been called an idiot and conspiracy theorist for months as I've been saying there will be a new COVID in a few moths that will require new jabs

And that was back months ago when there was already 80+ jabs patently and ready for FDA EUA releases

Newsflash: Covid deaths are decreasing, and the survival rate from the vaccines are far higher than the survival rates from the disease.

Newsflash: Numbers are manipulated on everything COVID to give them whatever they want. Cycles on tests are turned up and down to give negatives or asymptomatic positives depending on where they want those numbers

I apologize but at this point, if you can't see you're being played then you never will

You're very foolish as you act as if you don't question anything COVID. It's a medical issue being controlled, not by medical people, but by politicians and unelected people and their agencies that can't enact law. We're being led by judge, jury and executioner
Oldbear83
Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

Who cares? Is it that much of an inconvenience?
You do you, don't you dare tell me what to do.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
jupiter
Hey Florda just get a jab, then go outside, breathe! Relax! Take off your mask, enjoy life again, pro vaxxers are doing it, so should you
D. C. Bear
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

Newsflash: Numbers are manipulated on everything COVID to give them whatever they want. Cycles on tests are turned up and down to give negatives or asymptomatic positives depending on where they want those numbers

I apologize but at this point, if you can't see you're being played then you never will

You're very foolish as you act as if you don't question anything COVID. It's a medical issue being controlled, not by medical people, but by politicians and unelected people and their agencies that can't enact law. We're being led by judge, jury and executioner

Show us data proving your claims.
Malbec
Doc Holliday said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-masks-continue-sage-scientist-b1863955.html
Dr. Feigl-Ding? I don't care who you are. That's funny.
Doc Holliday

Odd that this isn't effective immediately if they're basing this on data.

Theater.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
California and New York not wanting to let go of that power! This is the closest thing we have to slavery in the United States in 2021. I am sure the sheeple in both states will fall in line and follow the orders from their overseers.

P.S. -- Texas absolutely sucks!!! You folks don't even want to think about moving here. Racism and white privilege is rampant and Texans absolutely have no patience for transgenders.
Jacques Strap
Whiskey Pete
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

California and New York not wanting to let go of that power! This is the closest thing we have to slavery in the United States in 2021. I am sure the sheeple in both states will fall in line and follow the orders from their overseers.

P.S. -- Texas absolutely sucks!!! You folks don't even want to think about moving here. Racism and white privilege is rampant and Texans absolutely have no patience for transgenders.
These wacko leftists will gladly just let the gov't keep hammering away at their civil liberties in a feeble attempt to avoid being forced to admit their side is wrong.

The mental gymnastics of the left to justify increased gov't intrusion into the private live of Americans should mentally exhaust them, if they had a brain.
Doc Holliday
Jacques Strap said:

Here we go again.

Anytime Covid cases spike, regardless of total cases, they will recommend masks. It could be less than 15k cases and if it ticks up they will freak out.
Osodecentx
Doc Holliday said:

Dangerous New Freedom Variant Causing People To Ignore Government And Live Their Lives

U.S.Experts are warning of yet another new problem facing the nation: They've spotted a new, more dangerous freedom variant spreading among the populace. This freedom is so virulent that people infected by it feel they can ignore government edicts about masks and lockdowns.
"Usually, the freedom we see in the wild is fairly mild," explained CDC official Hubert Pratt. "It's just freedom to passionately express one of the approved viewpoints on social media or freedom to pick one of the three Obamacare options. But now we see people acting like politicians aren't in charge of them at all, and it's dangerous."
With the new freedom variant, there's been an outbreak of people not wearing masks, teaching their children their own values, and expressing ideas the Biden Administration would rather they not. Moreover, this freedom is highly contagious, even sometimes breaking into blue states once thought to be immune.
Experts recommend only staying on highly moderated social media sites and watching approved network news to avoid being infected. They also tell people to watch out for the signs of this dangerous freedom variant in others: masklessness, smiling, and prominent displays of the American flag.
https://babylonbee.com/news/new-dangerous-freedom-variant-has-people-ignoring-government-edicts

Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

Jacques Strap said:

Here we go again.

Anytime Covid cases spike, regardless of total cases, they will recommend masks. It could be less than 15k cases and if it ticks up they will freak out.

If you can get people to wear masks it lets dictators know they have control

Plus, the blue masks are made in China and probably have a pretty strong DC lobby I'd think
quash
Osodecentx said:

. They also tell people to watch out for the signs of this dangerous freedom variant in others: masklessness, smiling, and prominent displays of the American flag.
https://babylonbee.com/news/new-dangerous-freedom-variant-has-people-ignoring-government-edicts

And a propensity to vote gold.
Jacques Strap
UPDATE NYT The C.D.C. will recommend that some vaccinated people wear masks indoors again.

CNN: Decision on mask guidance is imminent, source says

Quote:

Washington (CNN)Top federal health officials have debated whether to issue new guidance on masks and are close to announcing their decision as the highly contagious Delta variant fuels new outbreaks in the United States.

Top officials huddled on Sunday night to go over the new data and evidence regarding the transmissibility of the variant and breakthrough cases, according to a person familiar with the talks. An announcement could come as soon as Tuesday, although one person cautioned it could happen later this week.

Two months ago, when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated mask guidance saying most who are fully vaccinated could go without masks indoors, the guidance moved so quickly that administration officials were informed less than a day before. This time, the process is moving in a more methodical way as they decide how to proceed.
CDC did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.
Doc Holliday
Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

What's the point of this thread? The article -and the very paragraph you quoted- says masks should be worn by people who aren't feeling well going forward.

Is there anybody on the planet who thinks this isn't a good idea?

You probably would have been the poster who complained about seatbelts being a good idea moving forward when they were invented in 1959
I don't see businesses, store fronts, sporting events, concerts, schools etc. stopping mask requirements. Ever.

Last time I checked most private businesses still require masks...
Have you been lying to yourself your entire life or just since you started posting on this board?
Where's the lie?

COVID spikes again with a different variant, which it will, and the mask should go back on according to data they're currently basing mask use on and the fact that variant vax won't exist. Failure to do so nullifies reasoning for masks in the first place.

This is the new "flu" with higher numbers. If you think we should take off the masks in the event of a ne variant spike (which will happen) then all the masking we have been doing was pointless.
And I was right.

Masks are coming back full force due to a variant.
Osodecentx
Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

What's the point of this thread? The article -and the very paragraph you quoted- says masks should be worn by people who aren't feeling well going forward.

You probably would have been the poster who complained about seatbelts being a good idea moving forward when they were invented in 1959
I don't see businesses, store fronts, sporting events, concerts, schools etc. stopping mask requirements. Ever.

Have you been lying to yourself your entire life or just since you started posting on this board?
Where's the lie?

COVID spikes again with a different variant, which it will, and the mask should go back on according to data they're currently basing mask use on and the fact that variant vax won't exist. Failure to do so nullifies reasoning for masks in the first place.

This is the new "flu" with higher numbers. If you think we should take off the masks in the event of a ne variant spike (which will happen) then all the masking we have been doing was pointless.
And I was right.

Sul Ross Suspends Football Due To COVID-19
ALPINE_ Following the death of football Coach Kevin Canty and more than a dozen positive COVID cases, the Sul Ross State University football team has suspended summer practice.
President Pete Gallego's chief of staff, Michael Pacheco, told the Skyline that the university followed all Covid-19 protocols that had been in place for the past year. But the requirements under Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, which are less stringent than many states, do not permit public institutions to require vaccinations or masking.
Given the limits of what the university could require of its student-athletes, Pacheco said officials and coaches, all of whom were vaccinated, consistently impressed upon the players the urgency of taking every safety measure.
"We are still trying to push that this is real," Pacheco said. "We want to keep everyone safe."
Just how real it was hit home with the death of 37-year-old Offensive Coordinator Kevin Canty, who died from Covid-related complications, and infections among more than a dozen players, all of whom recovered without hospitalization.
President Pete Gallego issued a statement July 20 praising Canty for his "outsized impact" on the football program and mourning his death. Gallego, however did not specifically mention Covid-19.
"All I can do, however, is implore each of you to do all you can to make sure your family, friends, colleagues and co-workers continue to stay safe in what still seems to be an uncertain time," Gallego said.
When the entire football team was tested upon return for summer practice in early July, one player had the infection and four were quarantined. Practice continued for two more weeks, with at least 10 more positive cases, including head coach John Peirce and several members of his staff, but the university did not suspend practice until week three. The entire coaching staff had been vaccinated, university officials said.
Pacheco said most of the cases were among incoming freshmen who were quarantined on campus under protocols used during the school year. Other students were allowed to return home and quarantine under the supervision of their doctors.
There has been a spike in the virus and in deaths nationwide as well as in Texas due to the spread of the Delta Variant of Covid-19 among those who have not been vaccinated. Pacheco and other university officials said they have yet to determine if the Delta Variant was the culprit on the football team.
Full football practice is expected to begin in mid-August.

https://www.sulross.edu/news/skyline/sul-ross-suspends-football-due-to-covid-19/
Doc Holliday
That's sad. He looked very unhealthy to begin with.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

ALPINE_ Following the death of football Coach Kevin Canty and more than a dozen positive COVID cases, the Sul Ross State University football team has suspended summer practice.
President Pete Gallego's chief of staff, Michael Pacheco, told the Skyline that the university followed all Covid-19 protocols that had been in place for the past year. But the requirements under Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, which are less stringent than many states, do not permit public institutions to require vaccinations or masking.
Given the limits of what the university could require of its student-athletes, Pacheco said officials and coaches, all of whom were vaccinated, consistently impressed upon the players the urgency of taking every safety measure.
"We are still trying to push that this is real," Pacheco said. "We want to keep everyone safe."
Just how real it was hit home with the death of 37-year-old Offensive Coordinator Kevin Canty, who died from Covid-related complications, and infections among more than a dozen players, all of whom recovered without hospitalization.
President Pete Gallego issued a statement July 20 praising Canty for his "outsized impact" on the football program and mourning his death. Gallego, however did not specifically mention Covid-19.
"All I can do, however, is implore each of you to do all you can to make sure your family, friends, colleagues and co-workers continue to stay safe in what still seems to be an uncertain time," Gallego said.
When the entire football team was tested upon return for summer practice in early July, one player had the infection and four were quarantined. Practice continued for two more weeks, with at least 10 more positive cases, including head coach John Peirce and several members of his staff, but the university did not suspend practice until week three. The entire coaching staff had been vaccinated, university officials said.
Pacheco said most of the cases were among incoming freshmen who were quarantined on campus under protocols used during the school year. Other students were allowed to return home and quarantine under the supervision of their doctors.
There has been a spike in the virus and in deaths nationwide as well as in Texas due to the spread of the Delta Variant of Covid-19 among those who have not been vaccinated. Pacheco and other university officials said they have yet to determine if the Delta Variant was the culprit on the football team.

https://www.sulross.edu/news/skyline/sul-ross-suspends-football-due-to-covid-19/

This must be fake news. I thought anyone receiving the vaccine were asymptiomatic or just had very mild symptoms? President Joe Biden is even on record as saying if you take the vaccine, you won't get Covid.

There is a reason that the White House no longer wants to report breakthrough cases.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Wrecks Quan Dough
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Where's the lie?

And I was right.

This must be fake news. I thought anyone receiving the vaccine were asymptiomatic or just had very mild symptoms? President Joe Biden is even on record as saying if you take the vaccine, you won't get Covid.

There is a reason that the White House no longer wants to report breakthrough cases.
If you follow the science, then you will find that Biden is stupid.
Osodecentx
The Pfizer vaccine is 95% effective. To me that means 5% of the vaccinated will get the disease.
Of those who die, 95% are unvaccinated. To me that means some who are vaccinated and healthy will die of Covid.

Several on this board keep saying if you are under 50 y/o you won't die of Covid.
Doc Holliday
Osodecentx said:

Several on this board keep saying if you are under 50 y/o you won't die of Covid.
Who?

If you're under 50 and obese, even over 20% bodyfat, you can easily die from any severe sickness.
ShooterTX
Osodecentx said:

The Pfizer vaccine is 95% effective. To me that means 5% of the vaccinated will get the disease.
Of those who die, 95% are unvaccinated. To me that means some who are vaccinated and healthy will die of Covid.

up until about 7 months ago, there were hardly any people vaccinated. So the 2020 numbers are 100% unvaccinated deaths. If you are saying that of ALL Covid deaths, 95% are unvaccinated... that is a very misleading number. If you are saying that of ALL 2021 Covid deaths, 95% are unvaccinated... this is a better number for making your point.

Can you give us the details on how your percentages were calculated?
ShooterTX
Osodecentx
ShooterTX said:

Osodecentx said:

up until about 7 months ago, there were hardly any people vaccinated. So the 2020 numbers are 100% unvaccinated deaths. If you are saying that of ALL Covid deaths, 95% are unvaccinated... that is a very misleading number. If you are saying that of ALL 2021 Covid deaths, 95% are unvaccinated... this is a better number for making your point.

Can you give us the details on how your percentages were calculated?
My numbers were from Feb to July, 2021.
100% of Covid deaths before Dec 2020 were unvaccinated because there was no vaccine
Jacques Strap
Osodecentx said:

Israel suggests that after 6 months vaccine is just 39% effective protecting people from getting COVID. So far it seems to be 91% effective against serious illness and 88% effectiveness against hospitalization. Time will tell if that holds but I certainly hope it holds. If you are in a risk group the vaccine(s) seem to be the way to go. If you are over 30 BMI change your diet today.

CNBC: Israel says Pfizer Covid vaccine is just 39% effective as delta spreads, but still prevents severe illness

• Pfizer and BioNTech's Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain, according to a new report from the country's Health Ministry.
  • The two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data
Jack Bauer
Whoop, there it is.

Get the vaccine so you can continue to wear masks regardless....teachers unions doing touchdown dances today.

Doc Holliday
Jacques Strap

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.