Ted Cruz bails to Cancun

25,438 Views | 430 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by boognish_bear
BylrFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buddha Bear
All expenses paid by Goldman Sachs I assume
J.R.
what a moron! Very bad look! He also he has said that he zero defense for the tape that was played of him castigating California in their overloaded grid issues of a few years ago. I lost all respect I may have had for him when Trump trashed his father(involved in the Kennedy assassination with Oswald) and wife (ugly) and then turned into his lap dog. Have some balls, Ted.
J.B.Katz
He flies first class. Where are Heidi and the kids?
BaylorBJM
This guy seemingly can't get out of his own way.

What an embarrassment.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Just more proof that when you and your neighbors are in need, you don't need a politician. You need each other.
Doc Holliday
I don't see the problem, the precedent was set last year with all these lockdown crazies taking vacations and having expensive large dinners like Gavin Newsom.

Now some of ya'll are outraged?

Hypocrites to the highest order.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Doc Holliday said:

I don't see the problem, the precedent was set last year with all these lockdown crazies taking vacations and having expensive large dinners like Gavin Newsom.

It is poor optics. But Texas needs electricians and engineers right now, not politicians. Ted cannot help us now, so I don't begrudge him for going to a warm spot.
Doc Holliday
Carlos Safety said:

Doc Holliday said:

It is poor optics. But Texas needs electricians and engineers right now, not politicians. Ted cannot help us now, so I don't begrudge him for going to a warm spot.
Yep, the Senate really has nothing to do with disasters while they're happening.

If it was Greg Abbot, it would be a major issue.
Robert Wilson
What do you expect him to do? Fix your broken pipes?
Jack Bauer
Yeah, not sure what Ted can do for you on this.

This is the Governor's problem, and ERCOT and A LOT of plumbers.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
i will never vote for him but so what? He can communicate and work from his computer no matter where he is. Cancun is a good choice.
J.B.Katz
Robert Wilson said:

Maybe get out in Houston and lead some relief efforts for people who have been w/out water and heat for a long time?
Doc Holliday
J.B.Katz said:

Robert Wilson said:

Maybe get out in Houston and lead some relief efforts for people who have been w/out water and heat for a long time?
J.B.Katz
Doc Holliday said:

J.B.Katz said:

Robert Wilson said:

You don't think public servants should actually lead in serving the public instead of bailing to go on vacation in another country?
Jack and DP
J.B.Katz said:

Robert Wilson said:

I hear you, but people don't go to DC to get their hands dirty. When they try, it looks fake. That's because it is.

Poor political optics, though.
Doc Holliday
J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.B.Katz said:

Robert Wilson said:

You don't think public servants should actually lead in serving the public instead of bailing to go on vacation in another country?
It would be better if you just skipped to the part where you tell us you want to generate faux outrage in order to remove him from office or kill his political career. All while you don't give a sh*T about the dozen or so elected officials who took vacations after ordering lockdowns.

I already know you'll respond that those politicians should be held accountable too...yet you said nothing about them.
HuMcK
"Nothing he can do here, might as well go to Cancun", and yet Beto somehow found a way to be useful.

Christ alive, some people will shamelessly break their backs to excuse anything for their tribesmen.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Christ alive, some people will shamelessly break their backs to excuse anything for their tribesmen.
You really don't think you do this?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I have had admin meetings in Alaska while I was in Cancun. Cruz could do the same thing as Beto did from anywhere. A thread about where Cruz is located is silly.
HuMcK
Did you catch me defending any of the pols breaking their own lockdown orders? It is beyond inexcusable for Cruz to hightail it to Cancun while the state suffers, so why are you here excusing it?
D. C. Bear
Lighten up. He's just visiting some of his future constituents.
Mothra
HuMcK said:

Considering the source, never has a more ironic statement been made on this website.

And that is saying something.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Did you catch me defending any of the pols breaking their own lockdown orders? It is beyond inexcusable for Cruz to hightail it to Cancun while the state suffers, so why are you here excusing it?
Nothing happened to them, so not sure why you expect anything to happen with Cruz.
bear2be2
Ted Cruz is human trash -- a sniveling weasel of a man. I'm not sure what more he needs to do to prove that to some people.
D. C. Bear
bear2be2 said:

Ted Cruz is human trash -- a sniveling weasel of a man. I'm not sure what more he needs to do to prove that to some people.

Well, all he needs to do to become a "man of the people" is change that (R) at the end of his name to a (D).
BylrFan

gee whiz, can't believe he didn't see the bad optics in this.
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

It was wrong when those *******s did it, too. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy. Nothing will change until we all get in the habit of calling out the bad actors in our own tribe -- or better yet, realize that tribalism is stupid and the root of our nation's many divides.
Mitch Blood Green
Cruz reminds me of the "Sunny in Philadelphia" Liberty Bell episode. I can't help but see he and Hawley as this.

bear2be2
D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

Well, all he needs to do to become a "man of the people" is change that (R) at the end of his name to a (D).

No, he'd be an eminently punchable ****bag regardless of the letter next to his name.

And if you think the Democrats would ever accept or embrace Ted Cruz, you're out of your mind. They've got plenty of unscrupulous and ineffectual politicians of their own. But you don't win on that side by being an intentional and overt *******.
D. C. Bear
bear2be2 said:

D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

No, he'd be an eminently punchable ****bag regardless of the letter next to his name.

And if you think the Democrats'would ever accept or embrace Ted Cruz, you're out of your mind. They've got plenty of unscrupulous and ineffectual politicians of their own. But you don't win on that side by being an intentional and overt *******.

There are plenty of human trash/weasels with a (D) next to their name, but you aren't likely to be posting that they are human trash/weasels.
quash
Sen. Cruz used to have some fresh ideas for the Senate but he sold his balls to MAGA and now he's just another swamp critter. I'd still like to see him on SCOTUS.

Kudos to Beto, shows what you can do with a bunch of grassroots true believers. Not enough to overcome the policy stances that make him unelectable statewide for a few more elections.

Take my family where there's heat, water, and electricity? In a heartbeat. The senator can throw paper towels at people when he gets back.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
bear2be2
D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

D. C. Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

And if you think the Democrats'would ever accept or embrace Ted Cruz, you're out of your mind. They've got plenty of unscrupulous and ineffectual politicians of their own. But you don't win on that side by being an intentional and overt *******.

There are plenty of human trash/weasels with a (D) next to their name, but you aren't likely to be posting that they are human trash/weasels.

I've been extremely critical of Democrats who do the same types of things that Cruz was caught doing here. You should go back and read what I've said about the Democrats' congressional leaders, particularly Nancy Pelosi.

I know it's hard to believe that not everyone plays in a hyperpartisan sandbox where rules only apply to your political adversaries, but I've got no use for any of these hypocrites and feel no obligation whatsoever to defend any of them. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.
Waco1947
Carlos Safety said:

Just more proof that when you and your neighbors are in need, you don't need a politician. You need each other.
Is your position ---- that in this crisis we need each other and that's all?
Waco1947
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

It was wrong when those *******s did it, too. Hypocrisy is hypocrisy.
Democrats are fighting for equality, how dare you criticize and hinder their humanitarian efforts!

GOP are evil racists and Ted Cruz should be placed on a no fly list.

This is how it is. These are the rules.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.