Governor Cuomo going down?

7,417 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Doc Holliday
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guy Noir
I saw an interesting statistics comparing the amount of press time dedicated to this issue vs the amount of press time dedicated the Ted Cruz's trip to Cancun. Ted's trip garnered more press time than the Covid issues in the State of New York.
Mothra
Guy Noir said:

I saw an interesting statistics comparing the amount of press time dedicated to this issue vs the amount of press time dedicated the Ted Cruz's trip to Cancun. Ted's trip garnered more press time than the Covid issues in the State of New York.
If this website is any indication, that is certainly an accurate assessment. We have a 7-page thread chalk full of weeping and gnashing of teeth by our resident lefties mad at Cruz for taking a trip during a winter storm, when you have a governor of NY who literally has blood on his hands and lied about it to avoid an investigation.

I'd say the outrage is just a little disproportionate.
Booray
Mothra said:

Guy Noir said:

If this website is any indication, that is certainly an accurate assessment. We have a 7-page thread chalk full of weeping and gnashing of teeth by our resident lefties mad at Cruz for taking a trip during a winter storm, when you have a governor of NY who literally has blood on his hands and lied about it to avoid an investigation.

To be fair, this site is Texas centric
bear2be2
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Guy Noir said:

Don't confuse Mothra with facts. He has little interest in them.
Booray
But also to be fair, the story nationally is not being reported with vigor. Attached link shows that some media is willing to confront an uncomfortable truth while pointing out that willingness is the exception, not the rule.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/02/why-do-democrats-pretend-andrew-cuomo-did-a-good-job-with-covid.html
bear2be2
Booray said:

But also to be fair, the story nationally is not being reported with vigor. Attached link shows that some media is willing to confront an uncomfortable truth while pointing out that willingness is the exception, not the rule.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/02/why-do-democrats-pretend-andrew-cuomo-did-a-good-job-with-covid.html

This scandal will very likely cost Cuomo is job, and rightly so. It may end up costing folks their freedom if the facts are damning enough. Those acting as though these people are getting off scot free and without criticism are operating under alternative facts.
Mothra
bear2be2 said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Guy Noir said:

Don't confuse Mothra with facts. He has little interest in them.
You're just mad because I pointed out your boorish behavior on another thread.
Mothra
Booray said:

Of course it isn't. Cuomo is a Democrat and media darling. Is this any surprise?

Regardless, when confronted with the facts, it is interesting how little outrage it has garnered.
fubar
Do we know the facts, or are we assuming that allegations are facts?

(I haven't followed the story and am genuinely asking.)
Mothra
fubar said:

NY Post has a story on his secretary, who they are calling a whistleblower. According to the Post story, she admitted to federal investigators that they fudged the nursing home death numbers to avoid an investigation.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/cuomo-aide-admits-they-hid-nursing-home-data-from-feds/

Cuomo has apologized for it.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2021/02/15/cuomo-apologizes-for-void-in-information-not-for-nursing-home-decision-1363680
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
It is amazing to me in this day and age how extremely difficult it is for a human being to simply say "I'm sorry".
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
57Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

It is amazing to me in this day and age how extremely difficult it is for a human being to simply say "I'm sorry".
Maybe because it would be a lie!
WacoKelly83
Super surprised. Lol
https://www.foxnews.com/media/chris-cuomo-ted-cruz-abandoned-dog-snowflake-andrew-cuomo-nursing-home-scandal
PartyBear
fubar said:

Don't say that, he will freak out.
LIB,MR BEARS
WacoKelly83 said:

Super surprised. Lol
https://www.foxnews.com/media/chris-cuomo-ted-cruz-abandoned-dog-snowflake-andrew-cuomo-nursing-home-scandal

To be fair, CNN pulled Cuomo from covering his brother several days back. It was their original policy that they had made a temporary exception to and have now gone back to. I'm guessing Fox knew this as well but it doesn't help push the narrative.
Mulder
100s of citizens died from the Wuhan Virus under the thumb of Ruler Cuomo.
Lock him up!
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
Canada2017
Cuomo only gets removed if and when the New York Dem power brokers decide they have a better prospect for the White House .
Mothra
PartyBear said:

fubar said:

Don't say that, he will freak out.

Lol. Says one of the biggest drama queens on the Cruz thread. Rich irony.
57Bear
Canada2017 said:

Cuomo only gets removed if and when the New York Dem power brokers decide they have a better prospect for the White House .
Haven't they already got Kamala?
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

We live in a time and world where nobody will man up and accept blame. It is always someone else's fault.

People are so worried about their social standing that all morals are out the window.

Hollywood, Washington DC, professional and now even collegiate sports, it is rampant. We lost our moral compass years ago. Lawyers are capable of twisting and turning anything to suit their needs.

There is no such thing as negative press however. Horrible individuals who do horrible things are lifted up once again and never miss a beat nor have a conscience.
LIB,MR BEARS
Thee University said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

We live in a time and world where nobody will man up and accept blame. It is always someone else's fault.

People are so worried about their social standing that all morals are out the window.

Hollywood, Washington DC, professional and now even collegiate sports, it is rampant. We lost our moral compass years ago. Lawyers are capable of twisting and turning anything to suit their needs.

There is no such thing as negative press however. Horrible individuals who do horrible things are lifted up once again and never miss a beat nor have a conscience.
It is not only profitable to appear immoral but, to appear brainless. A person can make good money by putting Gorilla Glue in their hair.

Strange times, these.
J.B.Katz
Cuomo has led badly from the start. Washington's gov did a much better job becuase he stepped back and let the medical profesionals in his state take charge of the Covid response and did his best to give them what they said they needed to reduce cases.

We stopped hearing about WAshington state after a disaster at a nursing home there right when the pandemic started up before anybody realized how bad this was going to be.

Cuomo used Covid as a spotlight. So his screwup is centerstage.

74 million still voted for Trump after he totally ****ed up the nation's covid response. Maybe New Yorkers will keep supporting Cuomo too but I hope they're not that stupid. A screwup that bad disqualified Trump for office and it disqualifies Cuomo too. I'd also say the grid thing and TX response disqualifies Abbott for office.
PartyBear
J.B.Katz said:

Cuomo has led badly from the start. Washington's gov did a much better job becuase he stepped back and let the medical profesionals in his state take charge of the Covid response and did his best to give them what they said they needed to reduce cases.

We stopped hearing about WAshington state after a disaster at a nursing home there right when the pandemic started up before anybody realized how bad this was going to be.

74 million still voted for Trump after he totally ****ed up the nation's covid response. Maybe New Yorkers will keep supporting Cuomo too but I hope they're not that stupid. A screwup that bad disqualified Trump for office and it disqualifies Cuomo too. I'd also say the grid thing and TX response disqualifies Abbott for office.

Your first paragraph regarding Gov Inslee. Sounds like the approach Biden has taken. Put scientist and doctors in charge let them do whatever they need to do, with no grandstanding from the boss.
D. C. Bear
PartyBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Your first paragraph regarding Gov Inslee. Sounds like the approach Biden has taken. Put scientist and doctors in charge let them do whatever they need to do, with no grandstanding from the boss.

Not grandstanding is great, but you should not put "scientists and doctors in charge." They should be sources of information, not decision-makers.

"Scientists and doctors" tend to do a horrible job of public messaging, too.
LIB,MR BEARS
Scientists as my moral compass? What could possibly go wrong?

"Just who has imposed on the suffering human race poison gas, barbed wire, high explosives, experiments in eugenics, the formula for zyklon b, heavy artillery, pseudo-scientific justifications for mass murder, cluster bombs, attack submarines, napalm, intercontinental missiles , military space platforms and nuclear weapons? If memory serves it was not the Vatican." David Berlinski

PartyBear
D. C. Bear said:

PartyBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Not grandstanding is great, but you should not put "scientists and doctors in charge." They should be sources of information, not decision-makers.

When I say in charge I mean they do what they do to fight the virus and are not micromanaged. Fauci who is now free to address the public on any network is doing an excellent job at public messaging. As someone pointed out Washington state is handling the pandemic really well and has now for quite some time. The handling of it has vastly improved out of DC as well thus over the past month.
Mothra
PartyBear said:

D. C. Bear said:

PartyBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

When I say in charge I mean they do what they do to fight the virus and are not micromanaged. Fauci who is now free to address the public on any network is doing an excellent job at public messaging. As someone pointed out Washington state is handling the pandemic really well and has now for quite some time. The handling of it has vastly improved out of DC as well thus over the past month.
We talking about the same Fauci who told us masks didn't help, and who has numerous conflicts of interest with the vaccine makers?
D. C. Bear
PartyBear said:

D. C. Bear said:

PartyBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

"Scientists and doctors" are ill equipped to consider the unintended consequences of policies they might want to implement too slow the spread of COVID-19 and they are ill equipped when it comes to crafting public messages.

When Dr. Fauci, for example, increased his estimated vaccination percentage required for herd immunity based not on medical information but on survey data showing a decline in vaccine hesitancy, that was not a good public message. Honesty is generally a better policy than trying to manipulate public behavior by changing numbers based on survey data.

More generally, and more importantly, scientist and academics have been underselling the vaccines.

https://messaging-custom-newsletters.nytimes.com/template/oakv2?abVariantId=1&campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210118&instance_id=26125&nl=the-morning&productCode=NN®i_id=116696673&segment_id=49584&te=1&uri=nyt%3A%2F%2Fnewsletter%2Fbef2a621-8397-5b83-8f34-17ad0bb04bc6&user_id=4b2f2c082cb673af8165a3628824ca14
PartyBear
I keep forgetting y"all are bigger experts on things than even those experts highly regarded in their field.
Mothra
D. C. Bear said:

PartyBear said:

D. C. Bear said:

PartyBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

"Scientists and doctors" are ill equipped to consider the unintended consequences of policies they might want to implement too slow the spread of COVID-19 and they are ill equipped when it comes to crafting public messages.

When Dr. Fauci, for example, increased his estimated vaccination percentage required for herd immunity based not on medical information but on survey data showing a decline in vaccine hesitancy, that was not a good public message. Honesty is generally a better policy than trying to manipulate public behavior by changing numbers based on survey data.

More generally, and more importantly, scientist and academics have been underselling the vaccines.

https://messaging-custom-newsletters.nytimes.com/template/oakv2?abVariantId=1&campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210118&instance_id=26125&nl=the-morning&productCode=NN®i_id=116696673&segment_id=49584&te=1&uri=nyt%3A%2F%2Fnewsletter%2Fbef2a621-8397-5b83-8f34-17ad0bb04bc6&user_id=4b2f2c082cb673af8165a3628824ca14

Indeed. He likewise admitted that his statement that masks don't work was not because he truly believed that, but because he didn't want to cause a mask shortage.

In short, he has a history of lying and manipulation.
Mothra
PartyBear said:

I keep forgetting y"all are bigger experts on things than even those experts highly regarded in their field.
Given the conflicting information we have received from Fauci, nobody should automatically buy what someone is saying merely because they have a PhD behind their name.
PartyBear
Mothra said:

PartyBear said:

Given the conflicting information we have received from Fauci, nobody should automatically buy what someone is saying merely because they have a PhD behind their name.
I was unaware he also has a PhD. BTW I think what Fauci said is that the mask will not prevent the wearer from contracting the virus probably due to eye transmission, but that it does protect those around the mask wearer from contracting it if the mask wearer unknowingly has the virus.
D. C. Bear
PartyBear said:

You keep forgetting that expertise in one area (like infectious disease) does not automatically confer expertise in another area (like effective public messaging). And did you even read the NYT article?
D. C. Bear
PartyBear said:

Mothra said:

PartyBear said:

I was unaware he also has a PhD. BTW I think what Fauci said is that the mask will not prevent the wearer from contracting the virus probably due to eye transmission, but that it does protect those around the mask wearer from contracting it if the mask wearer unknowingly has the virus.

This wasn't about "eye transmission."

" "There's no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face."" Dr. Fauci, March 8 2021.

They were discouraging mask used because there was a shortage for medical professionals.

""Well, the reason for that is that we were concerned the public health community, and many people were saying this, were concerned that it was at a time when personal protective equipment, including the N95 masks and the surgical masks, were in very short supply. And we wanted to make sure that the people namely, the health care workers, who were brave enough to put themselves in a harm way, to take care of people who you know were infected with the coronavirus and the danger of them getting infected."" Dr. Fauci, June 2020.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.