If you are blaming Cruz...

4,007 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by whiterock
fadskier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
for last week and his leaving and "lack of leadership" regarding your lost power and water then it would stand to reason that you also blame Biden as he is our Preisdent,,,after all if we are blaming politicians....what about

Are they to blame? What did ANY of them do to prevent our power and water going out?

(for the record, I am aware that SJL stood next to AOC at her news conference.)
J.R.
ah....you do understand that Texas is the only state with its own power grid, so Biden has nothing to do with it , nor did Cuban Ted. Yes, lack of leadership of the highest order. Optics are just horrible and blaming in your kids is BS.
EatMoreSalmon
Cruz leaving was a bad look in most anyone's book.

That said, the real "power" to fix the problems exposed rest with the Texas legislature, the PUC, the governor, and the lieutenant governor - not necessarily in that order.
fadskier
J.R. said:

ah....you do understand that Texas is the only state with its own power grid, so Biden has nothing to do with it , nor did Cuban Ted. Yes, lack of leadership of the highest order. Optics are just horrible and blaming in your kids is BS.
I do understand the Texas power grid.

The left blamed Trump for everything under his watch...so Biden gets a pass?

You blamed Ted when he could do nothing, does Biden get a pass? You blamed him for hsi lack of leadership during this crisis. What leadership did Biden have under this crisis?
fadskier
EatMoreSalmon said:

That said, the real "power" to fix the problems exposed rest with the Texas legislature, the PUC, the governor, and the lieutenant governor - not necessarily in that order.
and not just this one...ERCOT was formed under a Democrt governor...
bularry
fadskier said:

J.R. said:

You blamed Ted when he could do nothing, does Biden get a pass? You blamed him for hsi lack of leadership during this crisis. What leadership did Biden have under this crisis?
why are you defending Cruz?

Did he cause the freeze? No. was the power outage his fault? No.

But how about giving a **** about the residents in the state of Texas? We have 2 freakin' senators for the whole state. Shouldn't they have been visible in roles to help our citizens and seek solutions?

Instead we get Mattress Mac and other organizations organizing water pickups and warming stations, etc. but couldn't those efforts have gone even better with the weight of a US Senator?

I'm just baffled you would take the mental effort to defend this selfish POS and try to somehow use circular logic to defend Trump and blame Biden. really just an amazing topic to breach and so lacking in any self awareness.

fadskier
bularry said:

fadskier said:

J.R. said:

why are you defending Cruz?

Did he cause the freeze? No. was the power outage his fault? No.

But how about giving a **** about the residents in the state of Texas? We have 2 freakin' senators for the whole state. Shouldn't they have been visible in roles to help our citizens and seek solutions?

Instead we get Mattress Mac and other organizations organizing water pickups and warming stations, etc. but couldn't those efforts have gone even better with the weight of a US Senator?

I'm just baffled you would take the mental effort to defend this selfish POS and try to somehow use circular logic to defend Trump and blame Biden. really just an amazing topic to breach and so lacking in any self awareness.

I'm not defending Cruz....I just don't care what he did and I am certainly not going to get triggered over what he does or does not do that doesn't affect anything...

Do you know how much money I spent and work I did for the people of my community this week?

How does me not caring what Ted Cruz does have anything to do with the power outage?!? I spoke with my actions...which you have not even sought to get inforamtion on.

Again, where did I defend Trump? and you know if he were president, you people would be going ape$**** if he acted like Biden did during this...

Instead of being a judgemental ****, try controling your emotions

Canada2017
chuckle

Wonder how many posters here or Texans in general would have opted out of the freezing temperatures, for a few days in Cancun if their circumstances allowed for it ?

Wrecks Quan Dough
Can we elect HEB and Central Market as our Senators? I cannot think of two finer citizens and representatives for our Great State.
Forest Bueller_bf
Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Wonder how many posters here or Texans in general would have opted out of the freezing temperatures, for a few days in Cancun if their circumstances allowed for it ?

Me.

Instead I went and picked up my mother in law when her electricity went out, kept her for 3 days. Had a pipe burst in the attic on Tuesday and have been without water since. Nobody could come out and fix it.

If anybody told me I got a week off of work with my family, not because of any type of illness or death in the family, and told me I would have much rather been at work, than at home with them, I would have said they are lying like crazy, until last week.

Now the cleanup begins.
Texasjeremy
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Me.

Instead I went and picked up my mother in law when her electricity went out, kept her for 3 days. Had a pipe burst in the attic on Tuesday and have been without water since. Nobody could come out and fix it.

If anybody told me I got a week off of work with my family, not because of any type of illness or death in the family, and told me I would have much rather been at work, than at home with them, I would have said they are lying like crazy, until last week.

Now the cleanup begins.
Maybe if Ted Cruz hadn't been in Mexico that day, he could have come over to your house and prevented it. At least, thats what people tell me he should have been doing.
HuMcK
fadskier said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

That is a very blatant mischaracterization of the history. The Texas energy sector was deregulated, and thus the current iteration of ERCOT was formed, in two waves: wholesale generation in 1995 and and the rest in 1999. Republican George W Bush took office, succeeding Ann Richards, in January 1995.
fadskier
HuMcK said:

fadskier said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

That is a very blatant mischaracterization of the history. The Texas energy sector was deregulated, and thus the current iteration of ERCOT was formed, in two waves: wholesale generation in 1995 and and the rest in 1999. Republican George W Bush took office, succeeding Ann Richards, in January 1995.
No it isn't ERCOT was formed under a Democratic governor. That is all that I said. I was adding to the comment that the current politicians are also to blame.

Stop being triggered.

In 1970, ERCOT was formed to comply with NERC requirements. However, the Texas grid is not subject to federal regulation, being an intrastate grid without interstate power flows. On May 4th 1976, Central Southwest Holdings, attempted to force the issue, with an event that was later called the "Midnight Connection", where it connected the grid to Oklahoma for a few hours. This caused lawsuits about whether federal regulation then applied, however the judgement was that this was not sufficient.
Canada2017
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Me.

Now the cleanup begins.

You are truly a good dude .

Glad to ( semi ) know you .

Good luck with the clean up .
Dnicknames
Texasjeremy said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Me.

Now the cleanup begins.
Maybe if Ted Cruz hadn't been in Mexico that day, he could have come over to your house and prevented it. At least, thats what people tell me he should have been doing.

Cruz has a long history of doing nothing for the state of Texas.

There is a reason W talked openly about how much he disliked Cruz; Lindsay G saying you could shoot Cruz and nobody in the Senate would convict you; Cornyn openly disowning Cruz due to character issues; etc. These issues are not new.

Nobody - and I mean nobody - believes Cruz should have prevented a weather disaster. But asking one of the state's most senior political leaders to be hands on in a crisis is not a high bar. Leaders set an example.

On the same day Abbott was meeting with Biden to declare a state emergency, Cruz was flying to the Ritz Carlton to tan on the beach.

Cruz failed Texas miserably, again. And GOP leadership is refusing to defend him, a step in the right direction.
fadskier
Dnicknames said:

Texasjeremy said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Me.

Now the cleanup begins.

There is a reason W talked openly about how much he disliked Cruz; Lindsay G saying you could shoot Cruz and nobody in the Senate would convict you; Cornyn openly disowning Cruz due to character issues; etc. These issues are not new.

Nobody - and I mean nobody - believes Cruz should have prevented a weather disaster. But asking one of the state's most senior political leaders to be hands on in a crisis is not a high bar. Leaders set an example.

On the same day Abbott was meeting with Biden to declare a state emergency, Cruz was flying to the Ritz Carlton to tan on the beach.

Cruz failed Texas miserably, again. And GOP leadership is refusing to defend him, a step in the right direction.
Very telling that you mention no names of Democrats who did nothing.

For the record, did you see that Cruz cooked and served BBQ to first responders? Gave water away?
fadskier
Amazing that people are losing their minds over Ted Cruz when there is so mucu more to worry about...andI'm am betting that people on here who are so mad, haven't done a dang thing to help anyone around them...just keyboard warriors.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Pretty easy to see who is "triggered" on this thread.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Porteroso
fadskier said:

Dnicknames said:

Texasjeremy said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Me.

Now the cleanup begins.

For the record, did you see that Cruz cooked and served BBQ to first responders? Gave water away?

Oh my God, he did a photo op and you fell for it?? Lollll and the fact that you think that makes up for something, means you know there was something to make up for.

I'm ok with what Cruz did, but anybody knows that if you're gonna do that, charter a plane at a small airport. Don't get caught doing it.

The hypocrisy of media in chastising Cruz taking a vacation v. Cuomo ordering covid patients back into nursing homes, resulting in the mass deaths of the elderly, is totally valid. Cruz is a dumbass and a horrible person, but not because he went to Cancun.
fadskier
Porteroso said:

fadskier said:

Dnicknames said:

Texasjeremy said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Me.

Now the cleanup begins.

Oh my God, he did a photo op and you fell for it?? Lollll and the fact that you think that makes up for something, means you know there was something to make up for.

I'm ok with what Cruz did, but anybody knows that if you're gonna do that, charter a plane at a small airport. Don't get caught doing it.

The hypocrisy of media in chastising Cruz taking a vacation v. Cuomo ordering covid patients back into nursing homes, resulting in the mass deaths of the elderly, is totally valid. Cruz is a dumbass and a horrible person, but not because he went to Cancun.
I didn't fall for it...I know exactly what it is just like AOC and Sheila Jackson Lee with their selfies and news conference...why is it bad that Ted does it and not those others?

Why is Ted Cruz a horrible person? Where did I say it makes up for anything? He doesn't need to make up for anything, I just asked if the poster saw the photos?

Good grief, why do you people get so unhinged at everything?!
bubbadog
Now I'm reading that Ken Paxton and his wife (a state rep) took off for Utah last week.
fadskier
bubbadog said:

Now I'm reading that Ken Paxton and his wife (a state rep) took off for Utah last week.
and we still shouldn't care...

TheFrogPrince
...plus it's just a little difficult for me to take a politician seriously who looks like Granpa on the Munsters.
Forest Bueller_bf
Texasjeremy said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Me.

Now the cleanup begins.
I wouldn't expect that of course and I was just being honest.

Man I would have loved to have gotten away that week.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

fadskier said:

Dnicknames said:

Texasjeremy said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Me.

Now the cleanup begins.

Agree with this.

And your last paragraph is particularly on point. It just goes to show how partisan the media has become.

We live in dangerous times.
robby44
At first they came for Ted Cruz but I didn't speak out because seriously **** that guy
fadskier
robby44 said:

At first they came for Ted Cruz but I didn't speak out because seriously **** that guy
and this is why we are a country at odds...we've lost our ability to not hate someone we don't agree with.
J.R.
Carlos Cruz said:

Can we elect HEB and Central Market as our Senators? I cannot think of two finer citizens and representatives for our Great State.
Now, that is something I can get behind. HEB...not so much....CM, oh yes!
whiterock
fadskier said:

Porteroso said:

fadskier said:

Dnicknames said:

Texasjeremy said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Me.

Now the cleanup begins.

I didn't fall for it...I know exactly what it is just like AOC and Sheila Jackson Lee with their selfies and news conference...why is it bad that Ted does it and not those others?

Why is Ted Cruz a horrible person? Where sis I say it makes up for anything? He doesn't need to make up for anything, I just asked if the poster saw the photos?

Good grief, why do you people get so unhinged at everything?!

bubbadog
fadskier said:

bubbadog said:

Sorry, that's just not credible to me. As I recall, you were the guy screaming about our absentee president because there were 4,000 Covid deaths each day the week after Biden was inaugurated.
fadskier
bubbadog said:

fadskier said:

bubbadog said:

Sorry, that's just not credible to me. As I recall, you were the guy screaming about our absentee president because there were 4,000 Covid deaths each day the week after Biden was inaugurated.
Actually I wasn't...I was poking fun at Waco47 because he would whine that Trump didn't say anything on those days...but he was and still is silent on those days with Biden. If you'll go back and look at the threads, you'll understand.

I don't need a politician to be my leader or role model until it's time...nothing Paxton or Cruz or even Biden could have done about Texas.

Bexar Pitts
Dnicknames said:

Texasjeremy said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Me.

Now the cleanup begins.

I heard the other day that there are now only two groups of people in DC..Those who detest Ted Cruz...and Ted Cruz. :-)
J.B.Katz
Nobody else but Carlos would buy one, so what was Ted to do?

https://www.salon.com/2021/02/22/now-ted-cruz-may-be-buying-his-own-books-through-a-mystery-company/
Wrecks Quan Dough
J.B.Katz said:

Nobody else but Carlos would buy one, so what was Ted to do?

https://www.salon.com/2021/02/22/now-ted-cruz-may-be-buying-his-own-books-through-a-mystery-company/

He learned that from Hillary?
bubbadog
Bexar Pitts said:

Dnicknames said:

Texasjeremy said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

Me.

Now the cleanup begins.

I heard the other day that there are now only two groups of people in DC..Those who detest Ted Cruz...and Ted Cruz. :-)
Lindsey Graham said, "If Ted Cruz were murdered on the floor of the Senate, and the trial were held in the Senate, nobody would ever be convicted."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.