Jeep Trouble

1,408 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35568468/cherokee-nation-jeep-stop-using-name/
GrowlTowel
I drove mine to the Cracker Barrel just the other day.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Malbec
GrowlTowel said:

I like parking mine outside my White Castle.
BaylorOkie
My first car was an '85 Jeep Cherokee. It was red and said "Cherokee Chief" on the side. My dad and I bought it at a Sheriff's auction. I guess there's all kinds of wrong there in my past.
Doc Holliday
GrowlTowel said:

Lol
whitetrash
BaylorOkie said:

My first car was an '85 Jeep Cherokee. It was red and said "Cherokee Chief" on the side. My dad and I bought it at a Sheriff's auction. I guess there's all kinds of wrong there in my past.
I had a fraternity brother who drove the same model, except he actually was 1/4 Cherokee.
Jack and DP
I guess Piper Aircraft will be next. They have Indian names for multiple models.
Doc Holliday
Jack and DP said:

I guess Piper Aircraft will be next. They have Indian names for multiple models.
And Indian motorcycles.
contrario
Yukon, Denali, Tahoe are a few models next on the chopping block. Ford had it right when he just named his cars with letters. We should have just stuck with that. Although I'm sure someone would find that offensive today still.
Bexar Pitts
Anybody here old enough to remember the finest Pontiac ever produced....the Chieftain? Pontiac was a great Chief of the Ottawa tribe, and is legendary in his exploits. Here's a glimpse of a '51 model ..note the "Chief" hood ornament ! One fine automobile..
Redbrickbear
They will just switch back to using the name Liberty for their model as they did in the North American market pre-2013.

Cherokee Nation is making a mistake....they should just have Jeep cut them in on the naming rights like the Seminole do with Florida State.

That why they make some cash and get the brand awareness that comes with being associated with a major and popular vehicle manufacturer.

I would love if the new Jeep model was called the "Scots-Irish"
WacoKelly83
Is this going to be erased next?
Coke Bear
Redbrickbear said:

They will just switch back to using the name Liberty for their model as they did in the North American market pre-2013.

Cherokee Nation is making a mistake....they should just keep Jeep to cut them in on the naming rights like the Seminole do with Florida State.

That why they make some cash and get the brand awareness that comes with being associated with a major and popular vehicle manufacturer.
I wouldn't give them a Indian nickel for the name. I'd let them take me to court over it. If I lost, I'd change the name before I'd give them anything.

It's a money play. Does anyone really believe that Cherokee nation is upset about their name being branded with one of the most iconic American vehicles?

I agree with your Liberty suggestion. Rebrand the entire line with a patriotic them and Cherokee nation will be like ...

PS. I believe that my wife is an 1/8 or 1/16 Cherokee.
riflebear
I'm excited to see the new extended Larger Grand Cherokee.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/jeep/grand-cherokee/2021/2021-grand-cherokee-l-first-look-review/amp/

curtpenn
Bexar Pitts said:

Anybody here old enough to remember the finest Pontiac ever produced....the Chieftain? Pontiac was a great Chief of the Ottawa tribe, and is legendary in his exploits. Here's a glimpse of a '51 model ..note the "Chief" hood ornament ! One fine automobile..
Old enough to remember those hood ornaments and granny knobs. Weren't some of those hood ornaments illuminated?
Bexar Pitts
curtpenn said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Old enough to remember those hood ornaments and granny knobs. Weren't some of those hood ornaments illuminated?
Yes Sir! Really cool look..I remember that since the overhang on the windshield was long, a prism was hung above the dash in order to see traffic lights..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.