White Math?

1,069 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Gold Tron
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
D. C. Bear
You just need to be less white.
Forest Bueller_bf
If these clowns think math isn't purely objective, try designing a bridge structure using math that isn't objective.

Lawsuits left and right after a quick collapse.
D. C. Bear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

If these clowns think math isn't purely objective, try designing a bridge structure using math that isn't objective.

You do need a variety of methods of teaching math, so the teaching of math is not objective. However, this kind of thinking, where you ascribe things like "showing your work" to being "white" is insanity.
whitetrash
If NASA had used that concept, Neil and Buzz would be floating out somewhere between Jupiter and Saturn by now.
Jack and DP
Redbrickbear
Couple things going on here.

To the radical wokeists this helps further tear town the Western world's scientific achievements....achievements they associate with White people, since they are the majority in the Western world.

The other side of this coin is the new global rich and their desire to create a new feudal society with themselves and their children at the top....you can bet all your money Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos will continue to send their kids to ultra expensive private schools that teach math and science in the correct way.

While the rest of the plebs will have to go to schools that spend their time "de-constructing" math instead of helping the kids learn something that will allow them to escape poverty and make a better life for themselves.

BusyTarpDuster2017
Awesome!
I'll be sure to apply this kind of math when I do my taxes this year.
Any problem the IRS has with that is systemic racism.
Iron Claw
D. C. Bear said:

You just need to be less white.

I'm trying to figure that out. If I'm less white, then what color am I trending to? If being less white means I need to be more black or brown you can bet your smelly WAP I'm going to be accused of culture appropriation. We sure as hell can't have that either.
FKA tri it
Doc Holliday
The reason this crap is gaining popularity is because it ascribes ill gotten privilege to an entire race, instead of actual racists: white people as a whole are now a problem if you follow their logic.

It's this idea that whiteness is baked into society and that it has produced inequality, and the only logical solution is to tear down everything. It's intoxicating when it actually gives one power power to destroy.

Forest Bueller_bf
D. C. Bear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

You do need a variety of methods of teaching math, so the teaching of math is not objective. However, this kind of thinking, where you ascribe things like "showing your work" to being "white" is insanity.
There is always more than one way to kill a cat. There aren't more than one outcomes however. With math you aren't "kind of" right. It is correct or incorrect.

D. C. Bear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

There is always more than one way to kill a cat. There aren't more than one outcomes however. With math you aren't "kind of" right. It is correct or incorrect.

Very true, which is why this is insanity.
trey3216
Redbrickbear said:

To the radical wokeists this helps further tear town the Western world's scientific achievements....achievements they associate with White people, since they are the majority in the Western world.

The other side of this coin is the new global rich and their desire to create a new feudal society with themselves and their children at the top....you can bet all your money Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos will continue to send their kids to ultra expensive private schools that teach math and science in the correct way.

While the rest of the plebs will have to go to schools that spend their time "de-constructing" math instead of helping the kids learn something that will allow them to escape poverty and make a better life for themselves.

They're actually tearing down Middle Eastern (Sumerian)/Egyptian scientific achievements. Well done jackwagons.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Porteroso
So stupid. Also, as mentioned, white people didn't really discover much of math. Written math predates white Europeans by quite a bit.
Redbrickbear
trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

They're actually tearing down Middle Eastern (Sumerian)/Egyptian scientific achievements. Well done jackwagons.
Yes but they can't see past their hatred for whitey.

They assume all scientific knowledge was created by White/European men...and in the process discount the achievements of the the Middle East/India/East Asia.
CammoTX
This is just an extension of postmodernism. What is scary is that postmodernism can become anti-Christian very easily.
ATL Bear
Jack and DP said:

At least we've uncovered why Windows was always so glitchy and required so many updates...
Gold Tron
If I become less white, aren't I necessarily appropriating someone else's culture?
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.