The Wall

2,975 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Florda_mike
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Mothra said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

It works in places I have been, Certainly better than what we have now.

Not sure you have ever put out a plan besides your support of a multi billion dollar wall easily defeated by a ladder from Walmart. The fact we have spent billions of dollars already and are experiencing the "huuuge waves" of immigrants now would be a clue
It's odd that a plan easily defeated is now being employed by the Biden admin. Maybe it's not so easily defeated.
Biden may be as incompetent as Trump. I wouldnt brag about it.


Walls have worked pretty well for Israel. Contrary to your assertions, this is not the kind of wall that can be easily scaled by a ladder.
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Thats why I said "grown men".
Grown men don't run the country.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Touche and fair enough sir
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Canada2017 said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I offered a solution that works in at least one other country but you said it wouldnt work. Since you offered no solution I figured you were happy with the status quo.
Compare Mexico and Canada's immigration policies with those of the United States.

The US is far easier .

Compare with Japan's or even South Korea .


So exactly which countries are you referring to ?

Countries facing the same number of MILLIONS ?




The UAE is a very rich country that doesnt have much of an illegal immigration problem.
How in the world is UAE any comparison to the situation in the United States .

Totally nonsensical comment .
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The UAE and the USA have a much higher standard of living than most countries, esp. when compared to nearby countries.

This makes them both susceptible to illegal immigrants.

One of them controls immigration with strong VISAS.

The other built half a wall.


You tell me where I am wrong.
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

The UAE and the USA have a much higher standard of living than most countries, esp. when compared to nearby countries.

This makes them both susceptible to illegal immigrants.

One of them controls immigration with strong VISAS.

The other built half a wall.


You tell me where I am wrong.
The numbers involved....and you know this .





Regardless illegal immigration is a crime in the UAE .

6 months in prison followed by deportation . Of course Islamic prisons are probably far nicer than the US variety .
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have never been in one but I am pretty sure they arent nice.

Of course the numbers arent the same. You dont have to reinvent the wheel for every different tire size.

UAE discourages illegal immigration by a strict VISA system and if you dont work you get exported instead of supported.

Whats your solution?
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Of course the numbers arent the same. You dont have to reinvent the wheel for every different tire size.

Yes you do.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You right. Let me try again.

Some people just get a tire that fits the wheel. Big wheel big tire Little tire little wheel

Some people get all confused, say its impossible and throw their hands in the air.

Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I have never been in one but I am pretty sure they arent nice.

Of course the numbers arent the same. You dont have to reinvent the wheel for every different tire size.

UAE discourages illegal immigration by a strict VISA system and if you dont work you get exported instead of supported.

Whats your solution?

A. Enforce existing immigration laws.

B. Finish the wall.

C. Fine employers $10,000 per illegal employee ( believe this is already on the books but rarely applied )

D. 6 months mandatory jail time for 2nd offense of illegal entry, 18 months jail time for the 3rd offense.

E. Merit based legal immigration.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I have never been in one but I am pretty sure they arent nice.

Of course the numbers arent the same. You dont have to reinvent the wheel for every different tire size.

UAE discourages illegal immigration by a strict VISA system and if you dont work you get exported instead of supported.

Whats your solution?

A. Enforce existing immigration laws.

B. Finish the wall.

C. Fine employers $10,000 per illegal employee ( believe this is already on the books but rarely applied )

D. 6 months mandatory jail time for 2nd offense of illegal entry, 18 months jail time for the 3rd offense.

E. Merit based legal immigration.
So maintain the system that has led to the problem, spend billions more on the wall and the increased expense of jailing trespassers. Remember that old truck you kept spending money to fix and finally you realized it was time to buy a new one?

The threat of jail would work on the man trying to find a job and send money back to feed his family. The young gangster types probably wouldnt be discouraged at the thought of 6 months of rest and food, Making our prison a little less accommodating would help but I doubt bleeding hearts would let you.

E is important. I advocate the same thing. reform and streamline immigration, let in people that want to work and can work.

Better enforcement of the rules about employers is important. Similar to my idea of VISA control. I wpuld make it apply to employers that hire 5 or more. ( I am building a fence this summer.)
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Canada2017 said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I have never been in one but I am pretty sure they arent nice.

Of course the numbers arent the same. You dont have to reinvent the wheel for every different tire size.

UAE discourages illegal immigration by a strict VISA system and if you dont work you get exported instead of supported.

Whats your solution?

A. Enforce existing immigration laws.

B. Finish the wall.

C. Fine employers $10,000 per illegal employee ( believe this is already on the books but rarely applied )

D. 6 months mandatory jail time for 2nd offense of illegal entry, 18 months jail time for the 3rd offense.

E. Merit based legal immigration.
So maintain the system that has led to the problem, spend billions more on the wall and the increased expense of jailing trespassers. Remember that old truck you kept spending money to fix and finally you realized it was time to buy a new one?

The threat of jail would work on the man trying to find a job and send money back to feed his family. The young gangster types probably wouldnt be discouraged at the thought of 6 months of rest and food, Making our prison a little less accommodating would help but I doubt bleeding hearts would let you.

E is important. I advocate the same thing. reform and streamline immigration, let in people that want to work and can work.

Better enforcement of the rules about employers is important. Similar to my idea of VISA control. I wpuld make it apply to employers that hire 5 or more. ( I am building a fence this summer.)
said previously you were moving to mexico....then cambodia

why the fence
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am. I have a place picked out. I dont know how long I will stay in Mexico There are several variables. I consider Cambodia a great option. Its cheaper than Mexico but i speak a lot more Spanish than Khmer I have a pretty job job offer in Kanchanaburi (Thailand) but its an open offer. I may winter there.

There are a lot of places I want to go. Ecuador, Panama, Columbia and Vietnam would be interesting. I have worked hard all my life and will spend the last 20 years (hopefully) waking up close to beaches with good healthy food available and friends all over the world. Freedom just another word for nothing left to lose but worring about nothing sounds pretty good to me.

I still own land in Texas and will do some cross fencing this summer.
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I am. I have a place picked out. I dont know how long I will stay in Mexico There are several variables. I consider Cambodia a great option. Its cheaper than Mexico but i speak a lot more Spanish than Khmer I have a pretty job job offer in Kanchanaburi (Thailand) but its an open offer. I may winter there.

There are a lot of places I want to go. Ecuador, Panama, Columbia and Vietnam would be interesting. I have worked hard all my life and will spend the last 20 years (hopefully) waking up close to beaches with good healthy food available and friends all over the world. Freedom just another word for nothing left to lose but worring about nothing sounds pretty good to me.

I still own land in Texas and will do some cross fencing this summer.
Now that I am vaccinated have a trip planned almost every month for the balance of the year.

However unless God calls on me to do another trail of the Way of St James.......I will remain in North America. .

Don't like to be away from my grandsons more than a couple of weeks.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thats great. I am looking forward to seeing my kids and grandkids this summer. I am working on getting my son's family to come out to Cancun this summer.

Never heard of the "Way of St. James" but i looked it up. Sounds interesting.
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Thats great. I am looking forward to seeing my kids and grandkids this summer. I am working on getting my son's family to come out to Cancun this summer.

Never heard of the "Way of St. James" but i looked it up. Sounds interesting.
If you are interested.........we can hike100 miles of the Portugal trail together . End up at the enormous Cathedral in Santiago Spain .

Have already done the French Route , got my certificate.

But would definitely enjoy doing a 2nd trail.

The experience is fantastic . Great beer, wine and food. Friendly people.

And the opportunity to shut out the world for a few days......just hike and pray .



Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am interested. Let me study it for a few days. Are you talking the Porto-Santiago or the Easy Camino or another one? Valenca? I think it sounds like a healthy adventure.
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I am interested. Let me study it for a few days. Are you talking the Porto-Santiago or the Easy Camino or another one? Valenca? I think it sounds like a healthy adventure.


Wish I could go but can't at this time

A close friend is getting ready for this

Seems he said Spain is shutdown though iirc???
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A doctor friend told me that they would start allowing Americans when Spain's population reaches a 40% vaccination level.

Maybe towards the end of May. Everyone in Spain thought it would be over as soon as Biden got elected.
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I am interested. Let me study it for a few days. Are you talking the Porto-Santiago or the Easy Camino or another one? Valenca? I think it sounds like a healthy adventure.
Have made no firm plans as of yet , Booked through August on other adventures as it is. Maybe October ?

Have to hike a minimum of 100 miles in order to get your certificate . 100 miles doesn't seem like much ( 13-17 miles a day ) but by the time its over the day in/day out hammering on your feet and legs adds up.

The Church provides a trail 'passport' for about 2 dollars and it has to be stamped twice a day at various places along the trail.

When you reach the Cathedral, they carefully exam said passport for the required stamping . If anything is out of order one is out of luck.

Got mine framed and hanging on the office wall. ( A&M degree is under a stack of old books).



Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I keep a pic on my computer Its all international schools require.

I can do the 100 miles. i walk a lot anyway. My plans are very flexible. August or October would be good for me. It would take about three weeks to get there, walk, and get back to where ever I keep my stuff?

Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I keep a pic on my computer Its all international schools require.

I can do the 100 miles. i walk a lot anyway. My plans are very flexible. August or October would be good for me. It would take about three weeks to get there, walk, and get back to where ever I keep my stuff?


Again this is very preliminary, several items would have to fall into place ( not the least of which is permission from my wife ) .....last time we hired a service to take our belongings to the next hostel every evening.

Lightened our backpacks obviously, made the daily hike much easier.....but don't know if such a service is available on the Portugal segment of the trail.

And the young Denver area travel agent who set everything up for us, died of cancer 18 months ago.
br53
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the greatest albums of all time.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
br53 said:

One of the greatest albums of all time.
I agree if you include the movie. Otherwise I have always held Animals as PF's best album.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/30/biden-terminates-border-wall-construction-485123

I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I am. I have a place picked out. I dont know how long I will stay in Mexico There are several variables. I consider Cambodia a great option. Its cheaper than Mexico but i speak a lot more Spanish than Khmer I have a pretty job job offer in Kanchanaburi (Thailand) but its an open offer. I may winter there.

There are a lot of places I want to go. Ecuador, Panama, Columbia and Vietnam would be interesting. I have worked hard all my life and will spend the last 20 years (hopefully) waking up close to beaches with good healthy food available and friends all over the world. Freedom just another word for nothing left to lose but worring about nothing sounds pretty good to me.

I still own land in Texas and will do some cross fencing this summer.
The pride of Beaumont Texas.......Pearl, with due credit due to Kris Kristofferson! Portugal is awesome , btw
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I keep a pic on my computer Its all international schools require.

I can do the 100 miles. i walk a lot anyway. My plans are very flexible. August or October would be good for me. It would take about three weeks to get there, walk, and get back to where ever I keep my stuff?


Again this is very preliminary, several items would have to fall into place ( not the least of which is permission from my wife ) .....last time we hired a service to take our belongings to the next hostel every evening.

Lightened our backpacks obviously, made the daily hike much easier.....but don't know if such a service is available on the Portugal segment of the trail.

And the young Denver area travel agent who set everything up for us, died of cancer 18 months ago.


Don't worry Canada, LIQ I'm sure just wants to go with me
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.