Why Do So Many Resist, Disrespect, Flee & Fight The Police?

30,691 Views | 390 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BrooksBearLives
BearlySpeaking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mattisbear said:

quash said:

mattisbear said:

what is the sentence for running from the cops
In Texas evading starts at a Class A misdemeanor and goes to state jail felony and up through third degree felony to second degree. 38.04 Penal Code
ok, so not death, just making sure
That's the same mistake others in this thread are making. Being confronted by cops is not a game, and it's not going to follow a fixed set of rules with refs watching on and calling penalties. You're not in an outdoor courtroom either with a judge running after you and the cops "making sure" that you get only your just legal penalty. That people expect it to be this way is amazing.

When you enter into a violent situation or have one forced on you, neither you or anyone else, including the cops, is in managerial control of the outcome. The consequences span all the way from no one suffering a scratch to multiple people dead. There is a whole lot more packed into "running from the cops" than several lines in the state criminal code.
Sam Lowry
BearlySpeaking said:

mattisbear said:

quash said:

mattisbear said:

In Texas evading starts at a Class A misdemeanor and goes to state jail felony and up through third degree felony to second degree. 38.04 Penal Code
That's the same mistake others in this thread are making. Being confronted by cops is not a game, and it's not going to follow a fixed set of rules with refs watching on and calling penalties. You're not in an outdoor courtroom either with a judge running after you and the cops "making sure" that you get only your just legal penalty. That people expect it to be this way is amazing.

When you enter into a violent situation or have one forced on you, neither you or anyone else, including the cops, is in managerial control of the outcome. The consequences span all the way from no one suffering a scratch to multiple people dead. There is a whole lot more packed into "running from the cops" than several lines in the state criminal code.
Well said.
Canon
BylrFan said:

Canon said:

robby44 said:

They told him 29 times to exit the vehicle. He refused. I suppose they could have tried to coax him out with a puppy. Or, alternatively, he could have complied with lawful orders after perhaps the 23rd time he was told?

Cool. He committed no crimes. Stop defending bad peace officers.

If an officer asked to search your car without a warrant, would you comply?

He drove with no visible tag. He drove for two miles after directed to stop. He refused to comply with orders stemming from those infractions. Don't change the circumstances to try and make your point. That's dishonest. Ask me about these circumstances.
Whiskey Pete
J.B.Katz said:

Rawhide said:

J.B.Katz said:

robby44 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

robby44 said:

Folks should comply just like the folks on Jan 6th did in DC
Breaking a window on Jan.6 in Washington, D.C. gets you killed. Breaking windows and looting in Minneapolis, MN. gets you bail money from the Vice President. Go figure. Clown World.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/14/us/capitol-police-ashli-babbitt-riot.html

https://www.pacificpundit.com/2020/08/31/kamala-harris-tweet-from-june-help-us-bail-out-minneapolis-rioters-with-donating-to-minnesota-freedom-fund/

Breaking windows in our nation's Capitol in an assault on our system of government.

Not if Trump supporters were breaking the windows. Then its a legit act of civil disobedience.

Imagine the howling on this site had those women in the stupid pink hats stormed the capitol and broken windows and assaulted police and tried stop the electoral vote for Trump who lost the popular vote by almost 3 million.
Imagine the silence from the left had they done that.
I don't have to imagine anything.

I've watched you and other Trump supporters on this site deny there was an insurrection, continue to support Trump when he clearly lost the election, continue to flog the Big Lie and promote all sort of other falsehoods.

The court proceedings against Trump's chumps are going to be interesting.

Trump isn't president anymore. Time for you to get off his dick
Amy Pagitt
I drove home every summer and Christmas break from Baylor to Kentucky. I usually left in the wee hours of the morning so it was night-driving for several hours. I was ALWAYS told by my parents to NEVER pull over on the side of the road for ANY reason in the dark, and highway driving frequently means that I could easily drive for a mile or more before getting to an exit and a well-lit gas station. It happened to me once and that's exactly what I did. You think I would have been killed for that? And, if you have a daughter or a child who is a POC, would you tell them to do any different? Honestly?
BylrFan
Canon said:

BylrFan said:

Canon said:

robby44 said:

They told him 29 times to exit the vehicle. He refused. I suppose they could have tried to coax him out with a puppy. Or, alternatively, he could have complied with lawful orders after perhaps the 23rd time he was told?

He drove with no visible tag. He drove for two miles after directed to stop. He refused to comply with orders stemming from those infractions. Don't change the circumstances to try and make your point. That's dishonest. Ask me about these circumstances.

this answers all your questions.

there is a tag on the car and if you're ever pulled over, you pull to a safe area (in this case, a gas station that is lit up), not right away. No infractions.
Canon
Amy Pagitt said:

I drove home every summer and Christmas break from Baylor to Kentucky. I usually left in the wee hours of the morning so it was night-driving for several hours. I was ALWAYS told by my parents to NEVER pull over on the side of the road for ANY reason in the dark, and highway driving frequently means that I could easily drive for a mile or more before getting to an exit and a well-lit gas station. It happened to me once and that's exactly what I did. You think I would have been killed for that? And, if you have a daughter or a child who is a POC, would you tell them to do any different? Honestly?

1. Your parents give terrible advice, if they told you to disobey lawful orders. Full stop.

2. There you go again with straw men. He wasn't killed. He wasn't shot. He was pepper sprayed to force him to comply with lawful orders he refused 29 times. You have repeatedly demonstrated a willingness to be dishonest in your posts.

3. Everyone is a POC. Your world view is twisted and bifurcates the world into whites vs everyone else. That's gross. Any good parent will instruct their child to follow lawful orders from the police. Only a very bad parent would advise their children otherwise.
BrooksBearLives
You didn't look at the video.

Guess how I know.
Ludwig von Missi
Man, I swear some of y'all must finish watching Braveheart and say, "you know, if those Scots would have just let those English cops **** their wives they really could have avoided this whole mess."

When worshiping at the altar of the State goes wrong.
Waco1947
Rawhide said:

J.B.Katz said:

Rawhide said:

J.B.Katz said:

robby44 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

robby44 said:

Breaking a window on Jan.6 in Washington, D.C. gets you killed. Breaking windows and looting in Minneapolis, MN. gets you bail money from the Vice President. Go figure. Clown World.

https://www.pacificpundit.com/2020/08/31/kamala-harris-tweet-from-june-help-us-bail-out-minneapolis-rioters-with-donating-to-minnesota-freedom-fund/

Breaking windows in our nation's Capitol in an assault on our system of government.

Not if Trump supporters were breaking the windows. Then its a legit act of civil disobedience.

Imagine the howling on this site had those women in the stupid pink hats stormed the capitol and broken windows and assaulted police and tried stop the electoral vote for Trump who lost the popular vote by almost 3 million.

I've watched you and other Trump supporters on this site deny there was an insurrection, continue to support Trump when he clearly lost the election, continue to flog the Big Lie and promote all sort of other falsehoods.

True, thank God but Jan 6 happened.
BrooksBearLives
Canon said:

Amy Pagitt said:

1. Your parents give terrible advice, if they told you to disobey lawful orders. Full stop.

2. There you go again with straw men. He wasn't killed. He wasn't shot. He was pepper sprayed to force him to comply with lawful orders he refused 29 times. You have repeatedly demonstrated a willingness to be dishonest in your posts.

3. Everyone is a POC. Your world view is twisted and bifurcates the world into whites vs everyone else. That's gross. Any good parent will instruct their child to follow lawful orders from the police. Only a very bad parent would advise their children otherwise.

Welp everyone. Canon solved racism!

Let's recap:

1. Everyone is colored! Only the RACISTS notice race!

2. And you HAVE TO DO WHAT THE GOVERNMENT SAYS. ALWAYS.

Racism is made up. Black people weren't hung because of their skin color, because the people who hung them ALSO had a skin color! Duh!

I bet you think Emmet Till had it coming and would be alive if he hadn't let that white girl lie about him touching her. Should have known better.

And you should always listen to the cops ALWAYS. Your safety matters less than theirs. https://www.cbsnews.com/video/serial-rapist-ex-cop-sentenced-to-263-years-in-prison/
BrooksBearLives
Rawhide said:

J.B.Katz said:

Rawhide said:

J.B.Katz said:

robby44 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

robby44 said:

If anyone is still on his dick...

https://images.app.goo.gl/JeVuek4Ys4xnvbep8

Seriously, *******. If supposed conservatives would stop taking turns knobbing him off, our country would be so much better right now and people would be taking Republicans seriously.

BrooksBearLives
BearlySpeaking said:

mattisbear said:

quash said:

mattisbear said:

No one is saying it's a game. It's the opposite.

We actually all agree police will ****ing kill you whether you're guilty or not. People are dying at the hands of people who have sworn to serve and protect them. We agree on the problem.

The difference is that some of us think the solution is to fix the police or maybe TRY holding them accountable?

And you think the solution is to lube up and try to enjoy the ride.
BrooksBearLives
Forest Bueller_bf said:

BylrFan said:

Canon said:

robby44 said:

I did one time. I was driving through the country, somewhere on the other side of Venus/ Midlothian Texas about 30 years ago, I slowed down in front of a home on a dirt road a couple of times, was thinking about moving to the country and was looking around. Cop comes flying up behind me, lights flashing yelling at me to get out, pulls out his gun and starts yelling at me about why was I there etc etc. had an observer with him, he was snickering, obviously his friend the cop was on a power trip. He wanted to look in my trunk and I let him, I just wanted to go home that day. Kept asking did I want to go to jail, he was on a real power surge. I gave him NOTHING to try to go nuts. Respectful, complied, yes sir no sir, deferred when I had the right not to, I had no idea what his deal was, still don't, didn't do anything wrong at all.

If I had refused, I may have gotten the hell beat out of me or worse, cause there was literally nobody there, on an isolated dirt road and he could have gotten away with it.

The "hey, I experienced a bad ****ing cop on a power trip that would have killed me if I made one mistake but thank God I was perfect... so y'all just need to be perfect too" defense isn't making the point you think it's making.

Jesus. You guys are so ****ing dogmatically attached to your political worship that you can't honestly take a step back and admit that maybe you didn't deserve a ****ed up situation and maybe other people didn't either.

How messed up is it that your response to bad treatment isn't to fix it for others?

If you stepped on a nail in your house, you'd fix it. You wouldn't leave it for your kids and say "hey... it's good for you."
BearlySpeaking
BrooksBearLives said:

BearlySpeaking said:

mattisbear said:

quash said:

mattisbear said:

We actually all agree police will ****ing kill you whether you're guilty or not. People are dying at the hands of people who have sworn to serve and protect them. We agree on the problem.

The difference is that some of us think the solution is to fix the police or maybe TRY holding them accountable?

LOL, there was no KY Jelly here for several years when my wife and I rolled out the door armed every time we went outside, precisely because of some of the local cops. We took it raw. But you enjoy your butt sex references, and hey, I hope I don't ever see a video of you going out incompetently floundering if you ever decide to escalate a situation with some cops one day. We sure as hell weren't planning on our cop cam video being like that if we were ever forced into it. It's a ****ty way to live.

So talk about your rules everybody should follow, and more training, and make it a safe world where we all can actually fight and run from the police with only minor repercussions every time.
Canon
BrooksBearLives said:

Canon said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Let's recap:

Racism is made up. Black people weren't hung because of their skin color, because the people who hung them ALSO had a skin color! Duh!

I bet you think Emmet Till had it coming and would be alive if he hadn't let that white girl lie about him touching her. Should have known better.

And you should always listen to the cops ALWAYS. Your safety matters less than theirs. https://www.cbsnews.com/video/serial-rapist-ex-cop-sentenced-to-263-years-in-prison/

I'd always wondered what a mentally deranged person attempting to recap a rational series of statements would look like. Now I know. Thanks for that.
SIC EM 94
He becomes more and more unhinged on a nightly basis...that's clear for all to see.
Forest Bueller
BrooksBearLives said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

BylrFan said:

Canon said:

robby44 said:

I did one time. I was driving through the country, somewhere on the other side of Venus/ Midlothian Texas about 30 years ago, I slowed down in front of a home on a dirt road a couple of times, was thinking about moving to the country and was looking around. Cop comes flying up behind me, lights flashing yelling at me to get out, pulls out his gun and starts yelling at me about why was I there etc etc. had an observer with him, he was snickering, obviously his friend the cop was on a power trip. He wanted to look in my trunk and I let him, I just wanted to go home that day. Kept asking did I want to go to jail, he was on a real power surge. I gave him NOTHING to try to go nuts. Respectful, complied, yes sir no sir, deferred when I had the right not to, I had no idea what his deal was, still don't, didn't do anything wrong at all.

If I had refused, I may have gotten the hell beat out of me or worse, cause there was literally nobody there, on an isolated dirt road and he could have gotten away with it.

The "hey, I experienced a bad ****ing cop on a power trip that would have killed me if I made one mistake but thank God I was perfect... so y'all just need to be perfect too" defense isn't making the point you think it's making.

Jesus. You guys are so ****ing dogmatically attached to your political worship that you can't honestly take a step back and admit that maybe you didn't deserve a ****ed up situation and maybe other people didn't either.

How messed up is it that your response to bad treatment isn't to fix it for others?

If you stepped on a nail in your house, you'd fix it. You wouldn't leave it for your kids and say "hey... it's good for you."

Good grief idiot, he asked a question and I answered, I simply wanted to live to play another day, he was from a Podunk police dept. that wouldn't have listened to me for a second. I simply did what I had to to survive. Take away the gun and I could easily have killed the guy barehanded
But when a handgun is pointed at your face and you have nothing you are going to chose to live unless you panic. I ain't defending the cop, who was also an idiot like you, I just wanted to end the day above ground. I had been shot at before, not by a cop but a criminal, did not want a repeat of that you moron. I'm one that doesn't trust officers, but give them nothing for a reason to take me out.
J.B.Katz
Shippou said:

Your options when dealing with cops shouldn't be "comply or die", that's very backwards thinking that makes cops think they can get away with the **** they do.
This is a good articulation of why we have a problem with police killing people.
Buddha Bear
BearlySpeaking said:

mattisbear said:

quash said:

mattisbear said:

What you've described is uniquely American. Both your mindset on the issue and the situation.
BrooksBearLives
BearlySpeaking said:

BrooksBearLives said:

BearlySpeaking said:

mattisbear said:

quash said:

mattisbear said:

LOL, there was no KY Jelly here for several years when my wife and I rolled out the door armed every time we went outside, precisely because of some of the local cops. We took it raw. But you enjoy your butt sex references, and hey, I hope I don't ever see a video of you going out incompetently floundering if you ever decide to escalate a situation with some cops one day. We sure as hell weren't planning on our cop cam video being like that if we were ever forced into it. It's a ****ty way to live.

So talk about your rules everybody should follow, and more training, and make it a safe world where we all can actually fight and run from the police with only minor repercussions every time.

I have to honestly ask you... are you drunk?

You can keep trying to suggest anyone here is saying it's a good idea to run away from cops if you want to, but like the idea that your wife enjoyed both of your pumps before faking her orgasm, it's a fantasy you are telling yourself.

Literally no one is saying it's a good idea to run from the cops.

You are the one who is saying it's the untrained public's job to be more calm than the police who signed up for this job. You think it's okay to demand obedience from the state.

If it was the IRS? I doubt you'd be so quiet. What's the difference there?
BrooksBearLives
So, because a young man panicked, he deserved to die?

I'm honestly asking.

You said that if you had made a wrong move, you might have gotten shot. I think you can be a real *******, but I don't think you're stupid. I think you know your situation was not unique. And I think you are likely better than average in a tense situation.

Do you really think it's fair to expect civilians with a gun in their face to act rationally all the time with the consequence for failure being death?
BrooksBearLives
Canon said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canon said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Let's recap:

I'd always wondered what a mentally deranged person attempting to recap a rational series of statements would look like. Now I know. Thanks for that.

Blablabla. Call names and run away like a coward rather than face your own "logic" being thrown in your face.

You said we are "all POC's". Didn't you? You said that. You realize that's ridiculous, so you're calling names and running away. It's your only move.

But we see you. We all see it.
Canon
BrooksBearLives said:

Canon said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canon said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Let's recap:

Blablabla.

That is the most coherent thing you've posted so far on this thread. It's a good start.
Meladee
Amy Pagitt said:

Hmm, exact same advice from my attorney-father. Never pull over at night in a poorly lit area. Grew up in Houston.

must be great to be white and male.
BrooksBearLives
I'm so sorry your father was such a bad person. wasn't he worried about well-lit areas hurting the policeman's eyes? Wasn't he worried that making them wait another 2 minutes while you drive to a safer place, you might be keeping the officer from their break time?

Why aren't you thinking of THEM?
BrooksBearLives
Canon said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canon said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canon said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Let's recap:

Blablabla.

That is the most coherent thing you've posted so far on this thread. It's a good start.

Well, it was the easiest thing for you to sound out before you had to take a nap.
Whiskey Pete
BrooksBearLives said:

Rawhide said:

J.B.Katz said:

Rawhide said:

J.B.Katz said:

robby44 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

robby44 said:

If anyone is still on his dick...

https://images.app.goo.gl/JeVuek4Ys4xnvbep8

Seriously, *******. If supposed conservatives would stop taking turns knobbing him off, our country would be so much better right now and people would be taking Republicans seriously.

Are you really this much of a little pecker-head naturally or do you have to work at it? Trump still lives rent free in your head and it's kind of amusing. Are you even old enough to vote?
Whiskey Pete
SIC EM 94 said:

He becomes more and more unhinged on a nightly basis...that's clear for all to see.
I think he should get back on his meds
BearlySpeaking
Buddha Bear said:

BearlySpeaking said:

mattisbear said:

quash said:

mattisbear said:

What you've described is uniquely American. Both your mindset on the issue and the situation.
Yes, I am an American.

But violence, and the violent encounter, is a universal. When you initiate it, you are in an infinite situation not in your control whether you do it in America, Europe, Africa, or anywhere else. If cops happen to be involved in your drive to violence, it doesn't change this.
Thee University
BylrFan said:

Canon said:

BylrFan said:

Canon said:

robby44 said:

this answers all your questions.

there is a tag on the car and if you're ever pulled over, you pull to a safe area (in this case, a gas station that is lit up), not right away. No infractions.
The more I watch the videos (particularly his own video) the more convinced I am that this Nazario character knew exactly what he was doing.

He was performing for a huge payday!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
BearlySpeaking
BrooksBearLives said:

BearlySpeaking said:

BrooksBearLives said:

BearlySpeaking said:

mattisbear said:

quash said:

mattisbear said:

I have to honestly ask you... are you drunk?

You can keep trying to suggest anyone here is saying it's a good idea to run away from cops if you want to, but like the idea that your wife enjoyed both of your pumps before faking her orgasm, it's a fantasy you are telling yourself.

Literally no one is saying it's a good idea to run from the cops.

You are the one who is saying it's the untrained public's job to be more calm than the police who signed up for this job. You think it's okay to demand obedience from the state.

If it was the IRS? I doubt you'd be so quiet. What's the difference there?
lol wut. IRS? Faking orgasms? Are you drunk?

If you're going to trash-talk my wife, then at least my mom is not a w-h-o-r-e like yours. Looking forward to seeing where you take your next sexual reference. Will it be bestiality, or will you go the pedophilia route?

"You think it's okay to demand obedience from the state." You think the state shouldn't follow the law? Why are you arguing about cops' behavior then if you think it's okay for them to break the law?

Yea, it's probably a good idea to be calm when being confronted by the police. Interesting you disagree with that. That's probably why you're shocked by what happened to Daunte.
Thee University
He's a sniveling idiot. He can't believe all he's posted. That would put him on the same IQ level as AOC or Maxine Waters. For some reason I have this mental image of him resembling Jerry Nadler or Adam Schiff.

He is entertaining though.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
quash
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Canada2017 said:

Canon said:

J.B.Katz said:

Rawhide said:

J.B.Katz said:

robby44 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

robby44 said:

Anyone who calls what happened on 6 Jan an "insurrection", earnestly and with no hint of irony, should be dismissed out of hand. There's simply no excuse for absurd falsehoods like that in a civilized discourse.
No, Jinxy remains entitled to such falsehoods. After all she has had to suffer in her predominately white upper class neighborhood for years . She has really wanted to live in the hood of course, but.........

Trumps chumps probably thought president had been set this past summer that you can burn down police stations, take over neighborhoods, take over municipalities, loot and destroy businesses and neighborhoods, and have politicians and even candidates pledge to bail you out of your troubles.

Of course what those Trump following idiots did was extremely wrong and they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, but after watching months of similar lawlessness, and those outlaws being escorted out of the places they just looted with no punishment, they may have thought the same would apply to them.
Trump's chumps marched in Charlottsville chanting "jews will not replace us" and were pronounced "very fine people" by Trump who is the worst kind of bully. He looks like a strong man but went and hid while the dumbasses he unleashed on the capitol did their worst.

One of the very fine people in Charlottesville ran over a young woman with his car. Boy's in jail but some states are now passing laws making it legal to kill people with your cars as a result of right-wing support for this tactic.

The attacks on police stations were/are wrong, stupid bad and misguided. But I understand why black people feel like they are under attack by police and not safe if they are stopped for expired tags. Where I live we had to appoint a review board because there were so many questionable shootings and one police chief was fired while antoehr resigned before they could fire him.

Who of any race could watch that tape of Chauvin with his knee on George Floyd's neck and not be scared of being stopped by a rogue cop on a power trip?

Point being the same logic you've used to justify the insurgents justifies black kids running from police when they shouldn't and angry folks wrecking police stations because they don't think our justice system includes them. How about we say violent behavior is never justified and teach police how to stop people from doing dumb or stupid things without killing them accidentally or on purpose.

Rightwing media did a great job of riling right-wingers up about rioting about police violence while dismissing white supremacists marching in the streets chanting antisemitic slogans. Lots of Trump supporters jumped on the confederate monument bandwagon.

Trump and Republcians didnt try to work toward the center. They used race and policing as another way to divide by painting peaceful protesters who want police to protect and serve and not shoot first and ask questions later as the villains. And it worked. If not for Covid that tactic might have won Trump reelection.

But hateful politics arent a good longterm strategy. All they create is chaos. Trump likes chaos because it makes a guy with a strong man image like him look like a good solution to some people. I hope he's a problem the legal system will solve.

So exactly why did you change user names still again Jinxy ?

Did the moderators finally tire of your little "post for pay' cottage business ?
Tell me more about getting paid to post: who pays for it, how does one qualify?
Ask your old university buddies.

Possibly Jinxy or her hubby can set you up.

So you don't have a clue. Remember back when you did science and evidence mattered?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Canon said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canon said:

Amy Pagitt said:

Let's recap:

I already know what your backside looks like, try addressing an argument while not running away.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.