Why Do So Many Resist, Disrespect, Flee & Fight The Police?

29,975 Views | 390 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BrooksBearLives
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BrooksBearLives said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

I saw this today.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article229636834.html

The cop was acquitted. There are many more where this comes from. Cops are brutalizing everyone, of all colors of skin, but especially black men. It is happening every day, somewhere in America, and you have to be pretty ignorant to be making these "don't break the law, you won't have problems" statements.

It's ok for people to be distressed, and to seek change. Protesting is about the most American thing possible. I will always support people protesting just about anything. I will not always agree, but I will always support their right to do so. That's what actual conservatives do.

You can tell you conservative radicals are radical, because you don't want others you don't agree with to exercise their rights. And how anyone could disagree with protesting police brutality is just hilarious. The "I did nothing when they came for the Jews" thing is applicable to the GOP here. Not that the GOP is particularly bothered when cops brutalize white homeless men and women, another regular occurrence that should be protested.
you are blowing this out of proportion to fit your own narrative.

He did not kick the perp, who incidentally had led officers on a high-speed chase, putting the general public at risk.

It is unreasonable to expect a half-dozen officers amped up on adrenalin who are not all seeing the same things simultaneously to all shut it off the moment the camera shutter indicates the chase ended.

Looked to me like the officer on top of the suspect was still struggling with the suspect, either to get the cuffs on, or to restrain him on the ground. That would explain the actions of the officer emerging from the right.....he perceived that the suspect was in fact not yet subuded.

It's rather remarkable for a judge to shut down a proceeding like that. Normally, judges on either side of the ideological spectrum prefer to let juries hear cases.
Okay... so it's okay for a highly-trained police officer sworn to protect and serve to claim "adrenalin" but... but NOT okay for the scared public they serve?

A situation where perfect compliance is expected from the public, and absolute power is granted to the arm of the government is LITERALLY fascism.

Well, it's a good thing we aren't in a situation where absolute power is granted to cops.
Whiskey Pete
BrooksBearLives said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

Canon said:

robby44 said:

They told him 29 times to exit the vehicle. He refused. I suppose they could have tried to coax him out with a puppy. Or, alternatively, he could have complied with lawful orders after perhaps the 23rd time he was told?
He was concerned about getting shot. Given the behavior of these officers, his concern was justified.
BS!

He was looking for a big payday. Look at his dash camera. You are telling me that is the face and demeanor of someone concerned about getting shot???? BS!!

I'm not saying the officers were right but either this guy is severely mentally challenged, was on quaaludes or was indeed looking for an opportunity to make this police interaction into a huge payday for himself.

Go back to my first post.............Chris Rock understands.
Wait... so your take is that this military officer worked his entire career, took an oath to defend his country... all just waiting for the day for him to GOAD POLICE INTO TREATING HIM BADLY?

You will accuse a decorated military officer of fabricating an event just to get some police fired?

Do you think so little of ALL military? Or just this guy?
Not every cop is a good one. Not every soldier as well.
Thee University
BrooksBearLives said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

Canon said:

robby44 said:

They told him 29 times to exit the vehicle. He refused. I suppose they could have tried to coax him out with a puppy. Or, alternatively, he could have complied with lawful orders after perhaps the 23rd time he was told?
He was concerned about getting shot. Given the behavior of these officers, his concern was justified.
BS!

He was looking for a big payday. Look at his dash camera. You are telling me that is the face and demeanor of someone concerned about getting shot???? BS!!

I'm not saying the officers were right but either this guy is severely mentally challenged, was on quaaludes or was indeed looking for an opportunity to make this police interaction into a huge payday for himself.

Wait... so your take is that this military officer worked his entire career, took an oath to defend his country... all just waiting for the day for him to GOAD POLICE INTO TREATING HIM BADLY?

You will accuse a decorated military officer of fabricating an event just to get some police fired?

Slow down podner!

I did not say he goaded anybody but go back and look at the dash cam and the bodycam. If anyone is that dumb and deaf they should not be serving. He knew what he was doing and took time to prop his cell phone up to record his belligerent incomprehension of the English language.

I don't care if his is Joe Dementia Biden. He could not and did not follow instructions to the point I thought he was mentally challenged or on some downer.

I contend he did not care about firing a police officer, I contend he was carefully working for a potential payday. Looks like the idiot cops played right into his hands.

I respect our military and our police force. Immensely.

You say he was a decorated military officer? I could not find it. Can you point me to his decorations?

I did find that Caron Nazario is no stranger to traffic stops just like the one that he got himself pepper sprayed.

Time frame covers 2014-2020.

Isle of Wight General District Court
Case #: GT20008474-00
Defendant: NAZARIO, CARON R
Offense Date: 11/07/2020
Hearing: 05/12/2021
Charge: 54/35 SPEED
Code Section: G.46.2-875

Chesterfield General District Court
Case #: GT16005707-00
Offense Date: 02/02/2016
Hearing: 03/28/2016
Charge: OP W/TINT/SIGNS/DECALS WINDOWS
Code Section: 46.2-1052

Dinwiddie General District Court
Case #: GT14011945-00
Defendant: NAZARIO, CARON R.
Offense Date: 12/02/2014
Hearing: 01/15/2015
Charge: 75/60 SP
Code Section: G.46.2-870

New Kent General District Court
Case #: GT18003278-00
Defendant: NAZARIO, CARON RENE
Offense Date: 05/31/2018
Hearing: 06/27/2018
Charge: 70/55 SP

Petersburg General District Court
Case #: GT18005493-00
Offense Date: 03/28/2018
Hearing: 07/17/2018
Charge: 43/25 SP
Code Section: G.46.2-874

Brunswick General District Court
Case #: GT16006946-00
Offense Date: 06/03/2016
Hearing: 09/22/2016
Charge: WINDOW TINT

Case #: GT16006947-00
Charge: NO FRONT LICENSE PLATE
Code Section: 46.2-716

Case #: GT16005157-00
Offense Date: 05/28/2016
Hearing: 08/23/2016
Amended Charge: SP 1-9 OVER LIMIT-55/70 ZONE
Amended Code Section: A.46.2-870

Case #: GT16005158-00
Charge: FAIL TO CARRY/EXHIBIT LICENSE
Code Section: A.46.2-104

Prince George General District Court
Case #: GT15001106-00
Offense Date: 02/09/2015
Hearing: 04/27/2015
Charge: RD-GENERALLY-MISD
Code Section: A.46.2-852

Sussex General District Court
Case #: GT14012193-00
Offense Date: 10/07/2014
Hearing: 11/18/2014
Amended Charge: 44/35 SPEEDING
Amended Code Section: A.46.2-875
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
BrooksBearLives
D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

I saw this today.

The cop was acquitted. There are many more where this comes from. Cops are brutalizing everyone, of all colors of skin, but especially black men. It is happening every day, somewhere in America, and you have to be pretty ignorant to be making these "don't break the law, you won't have problems" statements.

It's ok for people to be distressed, and to seek change. Protesting is about the most American thing possible. I will always support people protesting just about anything. I will not always agree, but I will always support their right to do so. That's what actual conservatives do.

You can tell you conservative radicals are radical, because you don't want others you don't agree with to exercise their rights. And how anyone could disagree with protesting police brutality is just hilarious. The "I did nothing when they came for the Jews" thing is applicable to the GOP here. Not that the GOP is particularly bothered when cops brutalize white homeless men and women, another regular occurrence that should be protested.

He did not kick the perp, who incidentally had led officers on a high-speed chase, putting the general public at risk.

It is unreasonable to expect a half-dozen officers amped up on adrenalin who are not all seeing the same things simultaneously to all shut it off the moment the camera shutter indicates the chase ended.

Looked to me like the officer on top of the suspect was still struggling with the suspect, either to get the cuffs on, or to restrain him on the ground. That would explain the actions of the officer emerging from the right.....he perceived that the suspect was in fact not yet subuded.

It's rather remarkable for a judge to shut down a proceeding like that. Normally, judges on either side of the ideological spectrum prefer to let juries hear cases.
Okay... so it's okay for a highly-trained police officer sworn to protect and serve to claim "adrenalin" but... but NOT okay for the scared public they serve?

A situation where perfect compliance is expected from the public, and absolute power is granted to the arm of the government is LITERALLY fascism.

Well, it's a good thing we aren't in a situation where absolute power is granted to cops.

Being able to kill someone because you get scared in the line of work you signed up for is pretty much the definition of absolute power.
BrooksBearLives
Thee University said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

Canon said:

robby44 said:

BS!

Slow down podner!

I did not say he goaded anybody but go back and look at the dash cam and the bodycam. If anyone is that dumb and deaf they should not be serving. He knew what he was doing and took time to prop his cell phone up to record his belligerent incomprehension of the English language.

I don't care if his is Joe Dementia Biden. He could not and did not follow instructions to the point I thought he was mentally challenged or on some downer.

I contend he did not care about firing a police officer, I contend he was carefully working for a potential payday. Looks like the idiot cops played right into his hands.

I respect our military and our police force. Immensely.

You say he was a decorated military officer? I could not find it. Can you point me to his decorations?

I did find that Caron Nazario is no stranger to traffic stops just like the one that he got himself pepper sprayed.

Time frame covers 2014-2020.

Isle of Wight General District Court
Case #: GT20008474-00
Offense Date: 11/07/2020
Hearing: 05/12/2021
Charge: 54/35 SPEED
Code Section: G.46.2-875

Chesterfield General District Court
Case #: GT16005707-00
Offense Date: 02/02/2016
Hearing: 03/28/2016
Charge: OP W/TINT/SIGNS/DECALS WINDOWS

Dinwiddie General District Court
Case #: GT14011945-00
Defendant: NAZARIO, CARON R.
Offense Date: 12/02/2014
Hearing: 01/15/2015
Charge: 75/60 SP

New Kent General District Court
Case #: GT18003278-00
Offense Date: 05/31/2018
Hearing: 06/27/2018
Charge: 70/55 SP

Case #: GT18005493-00
Offense Date: 03/28/2018
Hearing: 07/17/2018
Charge: 43/25 SP
Code Section: G.46.2-874

Case #: GT16006946-00
Charge: WINDOW TINT

Case #: GT16006947-00
Charge: NO FRONT LICENSE PLATE
Code Section: 46.2-716

Case #: GT16005157-00
Amended Charge: SP 1-9 OVER LIMIT-55/70 ZONE
Amended Code Section: A.46.2-870

Case #: GT16005158-00
Charge: FAIL TO CARRY/EXHIBIT LICENSE
Code Section: A.46.2-104

Prince George General District Court
Case #: GT15001106-00
Offense Date: 02/09/2015
Hearing: 04/27/2015
Charge: RD-GENERALLY-MISD
Code Section: A.46.2-852

Sussex General District Court
Case #: GT14012193-00
Offense Date: 10/07/2014
Hearing: 11/18/2014
Amended Charge: 44/35 SPEEDING
Amended Code Section: A.46.2-875

I don't think your string of getting pulled over for really stupid traffic violations is making the point you think it is.

But I'm glad you admit that you think this military officer did all of this just to "get a payday."

You respect the soldiers.... just not this one.
D. C. Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

I saw this today.

Being able to kill someone because you get scared in the line of work you signed up for is pretty much the definition of absolute power.

If you believe that American cops have the power to indiscriminately kill people, you are not living in reality.
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

I saw this today.

By that definition we all have absolute power. Everyone has the right to self-defense, regardless of their job.
quash
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

I saw this today.

By that definition we all have absolute power. Everyone has the right to self-defense, regardless of their job.

Most of us don't act under color of law and then get qualified immunity from 1983 suits.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

I saw this today.

Most of us don't act under color of law and then get qualified immunity from 1983 suits.

Qualified immunity means nothing in a homicide case. It means next to nothing in a civil suit because most police are indemnified by their employers. The cities are the real beneficiaries of the doctrine. Getting rid of it might induce some of them to provide better training, but that's a far cry from saying it gives police absolute power.
Thee University
BrooksBearLives said:

I don't think your string of getting pulled over for really stupid traffic violations is making the point you think it is.

But I'm glad you admit that you think this military officer did all of this just to "get a payday."

You respect the soldiers.... just not this one.
Don't show your @$$! People might think you are a habitual law breaker just like this decorated hero you are propping up.

My point was expertly made. Your military hero has a much longer than normal habit of breaking the law hence knowing the drill when pulled over. He's no traffic stop virgin.

He needs to enroll in the Chris Rock School of Traffic Stop Etiquette. He'll see his big payday thanks to an academy award performance of a deaf, dumb and blind habitual law breaker.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
quash
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

I saw this today.

Qualified immunity means nothing in a homicide case. It means next to nothing in a civil suit because most police are indemnified by their employers. The cities are the real beneficiaries of the doctrine. Getting rid of it might induce some of them to provide better training, but that's a far cry from saying it gives police absolute power.

Which is a far cry from what I said.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
BrooksBearLives
D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

I saw this today.

If you believe that American cops have the power to indiscriminately kill people, you are not living in reality.
If you think they can't, you aren't paying attention. What cops are doing isn't new, they're just being filmed now.

You tell me what Philando Castille did to deserve being killed. Tell me.

I'll wait.
BrooksBearLives
Tell me what Breonna Taylor did to deserve being killed.
Whiskey Pete
BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

I saw this today.

If you think they can't, you aren't paying attention. What cops are doing isn't new, they're just being filmed now.

You tell me what Philando Castille did to deserve being killed. Tell me.

I'll wait.
Tell me what Damon Allen did that deserved being killed
Whiskey Pete
BrooksBearLives said:

Tell me what Chad Walker did to deserve being killed.

I can do this all friggin' day.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BrooksBearLives said:

Ashley Babbitt was murdered for trying to crawl through a window. If she was black and a Democrat, the Capitol would still be smoldering.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
quash
Rawhide said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Apples and oranges. Nobody acting as an agent of the state killed him and escaped justice.
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Ashley Babbitt was murdered for trying to crawl through a window. If she was black and a Democrat, the Capitol would still be smoldering.

I love the way you just gloss over the location and date, like it was irrelevant.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

I love the way you just gloss over the location and date, like it was irrelevant.

Ashley Babbitt (unarmed) tried to crawl through a window at the Capitol on January 6th, 2021. She was executed by a Capitol policeman. Go!

-- Barack Obama
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Apples and oranges. Nobody acting as an agent of the state killed him and escaped justice.

Nope. Not apples and oranges. People died when they didn't need to.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Nope. Not apples and oranges. People died when they didn't need to.

Then post up the hospital deaths, auto deaths, drownings.
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Ashley Babbitt (unarmed) tried to crawl through a window at the Capitol on January 6th, 2021. She was executed by a Capitol policeman. Go!

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

I get it. You and your ilk have no problem with an unarmed woman getting gunned down by a cop for trying to crawl through a window. I just thank God the woman wasn't black and the cop wasn't white. Carry on, Mr. Libertarian.

-- Barack Obama
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

I get it. You and your ilk have no problem with an unarmed woman getting gunned down by a cop for trying to crawl through a window. I just thank God the woman wasn't black and the cop wasn't white. Carry on, Mr. Libertarian.

I get it, you and your ilk have no problem with a mob attempting to change the outcome of an election.

Carry on Mr. Authoritarian.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

I get it, you and your ilk have no problem with a mob attempting to change the outcome of an election.

It makes me laugh that you think a bunch of Grandpas and Grannies taking selfies and carrying flags could possibly overturn an election and overthrow the government. But keep pushing the narrative.

For the record, I have ZERO faith in the integrity of our current election system. It is tainted and corrupt.

-- Barack Obama
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

Kind of ironic that the cop was acting as an agent of the state and killed an unarmed woman and has escaped being brought to justice for it.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

Kind of ironic that the cop was acting as an agent of the state and killed an unarmed woman and has escaped being brought to justice for it.

Kind of not ironic that she got shot for not following the rules.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

Where's your outrage? You know, for an agent of the state to kill an unarmed person? Hmmmm?
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

Where's your outrage? You know, for an agent of the state to kill an unarmed person? Hmmmm?

She broke the rules. Kill her, right?
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

An agent of the state killed an unarmed woman, what's your take?
Sam Lowry
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

I'll just repeat what's been said every time an unarmed black person was killed. The fact that they were unarmed doesn't mean they weren't a threat. And it's true. Just use the same standard every time, it's not that difficult.
whiterock
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

I get it, you and your ilk have no problem with a mob attempting to change the outcome of an election persuade their elected representatives send the electoral vote to the state legislatures as stated in the Constitution

Carry on Mr. Authoritarian Strawmanathon

FIFY
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

I've been giving it you but again: look at where and when she was shot. She wasn't climbing into her own window late on a Saturday night. She came to our capital because she believed a lie, and under the sway of that lie she was forcing her way into the building where she hoped to prevent the valid election of a US president. And she got shot by a patriot protecting our elected representatives.

Doc Holliday
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

I've been giving it you but again: look at where and when she was shot. She wasn't climbing into her own window late on a Saturday night. She came to our capital because she believed a lie, and under the sway of that lie she was forcing her way into the building where she hoped to prevent the valid election of a US president. And she got shot by a patriot protecting our elected representatives.

Would this be applicable if it were a local city meeting breached to stop a vote? Would a police officer have the justification to shoot an unarmed citizen who breached the premises? Do the rules change when it's at the capitol?
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Execution? lol

Never go full Rudy G.

Would this be applicable if it were a local city meeting breached to stop a vote? Would a police officer have the justification to shoot an unarmed citizen who breached the premises? Do the rules change when it's at the capitol?

Do the rules change when you believe the same lie?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.