Who Wants to Vacation in Chicago?

1,882 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by bularry
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No need to travel. More homicides close to home.

tommie
Jack and DP said:

No need to travel. More homicides close to home.

Yes it is. It's everywhere

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/24/us-murders-extra-4000-everyday-gun-violence
riflebear
Where are all the riots and BLM protests?
Thee University
27 shot

5 killed

Sounds like if you vacation in Chicago you need to stay out of the drive thus at McDonalds and Popeyes.

All in all that was a calm weekend in Chicago.
BLM = "Give us the money or be called racist"
Thee University
40 to 45 shot in Chicago this weekend. 5 killed.

Closing in on 200 homicides just 4 months into the year.

So far this year 1040 people have been shot and 195 killed.

The good news you ask???? Car jackings are down 55%
C. Jordan
Thee University said:

As of this morning there have been 864 people confirmed shot. Not shooting incidents, that's 864 hits! This is already 218 more than all of last year.

Why is this happening?

I don't think at any point in history, Chicago would have been anyone's top vacation destination!

Were you thinking of going there? I would recommend somewhere in Florida or maybe the Rockies. I would stay away from urban areas in general. They tend to be noisy, even if there isn't any shooting.

C. Jordan
Thee University said:

27 shot

5 killed

Sounds like if you vacation in Chicago you need to stay out of the drive thus at McDonalds and Popeyes.

All in all that was a calm weekend in Chicago.
I'm new here, so could you tell me, do you live in Chicago? Is that why you're so worried about it?

If you don't live there and you're heart is burdened for it, maybe you could go up there and so some volunteer help with the poor. That might help!
Thee University
Newbie are you?

I lived in Chicago about 5 months back in 1983. Completely different times. Loved living there back then.

I bring this up for a few reasons.

1. It has been under Democrat rule so much so that Republicans don't even bother to run for the city's highest office.

2. It is one of the most corrupt cities in America. (Home of Barack Obama and Rahm Emanuel)

3. They once elected Richard Daley even when he was basically incapacitated by a stroke. (Sort of like Biden with dementia)

4. They have some of the strictest gun laws in America.

Why would I go live in a hellhole? Some places are beyond help and they don't want help anyway.

I view Chicago as what Biden & Harris and their ilk are going to take America over the next 3+ years. Would you live there?
Thee University
It was a beautiful Mother's Day Weekend in Chicago.

Only 26 shot with 5 killed.

Lori Lightfoot is the Democrat's strongest mayor.
MaxTeller
Thee University said:

Newbie are you?

I lived in Chicago about 5 months back in 1983. Completely different times. Loved living there back then.

1. It has been under Democrat rule so much so that Republicans don't even bother to run for the city's highest office.

2. It is one of the most corrupt cities in America. (Home of Barack Obama and Rahm Emanuel)

3. They once elected Richard Daley even when he was basically incapacitated by a stroke. (Sort of like Biden with dementia)

Why would I go live in a hellhole? Some places are beyond help and they don't want help anyway.

I view Chicago as what Biden & Harris and their ilk are going to take America over the next 3+ years. Would you live there?
Problem with the guns isn't Illinois but Indiana and other states like it. They just import them from easier states to obtain them from.
D. C. Bear
MaxTeller said:

Thee University said:

Newbie are you?

Problem with the guns isn't Illinois but Indiana and other states like it. They just import them from easier states to obtain them from.

The problem with guns isn't Illinois, it isn't Indiana, and it isn't even guns.
MaxTeller
D. C. Bear said:

MaxTeller said:

Thee University said:

Newbie are you?

The problem with guns isn't Illinois, it isn't Indiana, and it isn't even guns.
That is true, the real issue is fatherless homes.
Porteroso
Canada2017 said:

Thee University said:

As of this morning there have been 864 people confirmed shot. Not shooting incidents, that's 864 hits! This is already 218 more than all of last year.

Why is this happening?

Its not just Chicago.

Baltimore, Memphis, St Louis, Detroit, Oakland, New Orleans, Philly and a host of others .....all ****holes.

Places are mostly what you make of them. Have you really spent time in all those cities, to make them **** holes?

And Chicago is a good city. Not great, its success got in its own way long ago. Its history is really interesting.

To answer, of course I'd vacation there, but I'd rather be in a national park, so it's not high on my list. Been there twice, enjoyed both trips.
Canada2017
Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

Its not just Chicago.

Baltimore, Memphis, St Louis, Detroit, Oakland, New Orleans, Philly and a host of others .....all ****holes.

Places are mostly what you make of them. Have you really spent time in all those cities, to make them **** holes?

And Chicago is a good city. Not great, its success got in its own way long ago. Its history is really interesting.

To answer, of course I'd vacation there, but I'd rather be in a national park, so it's not high on my list. Been there twice, enjoyed both trips.
Have been in them all except Baltimore ......and there is no reason whatsoever to go there.

The people in those cities have made them **** holes....elections have consequences .

Been in almost every National Park and National Monument west of the Mississippi. River...often several times each .

Favorite National Park----Glacier

Favorite National Monument --- Dinosaur
Thee University
55 shot
5 dead
BaylorBJM
Booked my flights for Crested Butte, Chicago and 30A today.

Really excited about the Florida beaches but probably most excited about Chicago in August along with the Cubs-White Sox game we'll be watching from the bleachers.

Great rec OP!
Thee University
BaylorBJM said:

Really excited about the Florida beaches but probably most excited about Chicago in August along with the Cubs-White Sox game we'll be watching from the bleachers.

Great rec OP!
That's my boy! Here's a map to help you enjoy all Chicago has to offer.

See if you can pick me up one of these t-shirts

tommie
BaylorBJM said:

Great rec OP!

I got a Cubs Arizona in July.
bularry
Chicago is a pretty awesome city... was actually considering a short trip there in the coming months
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.