Who Wants to Vacation in Chicago?

5,263 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Thee University
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As of this morning there have been 864 people confirmed shot. Not shooting incidents, that's 864 hits! This is already 218 more than all of last year.

Why is this happening?

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
DioNoZeus
It's confined to a couple of areas in town to which no tourist would ever venture. The bigger issue for tourists is the perpetual lockdown here that seems to never end.
This place is toxic. Unsubscribing

-Bono/Chitwood/Norman Dale/Sunny Ortiz/John Galt/and soon to be The Toxic Avenger
J.R.
Thee University said:

As of this morning there have been 864 people confirmed shot. Not shooting incidents, that's 864 hits! This is already 218 more than all of last year.

Why is this happening?

I love Chicago. All that crap is on the West Side. Not where I stay. Chicago is one of America's great cities. NYC without the attitude .
Thee University
J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

I love Chicago. All that crap is on the West Side. Not where I stay. Chicago is one of America's great cities. NYC without the attitude .

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
DioNoZeus
J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

Near West Side and South East Chicago, home to some of the worst neighborhoods in the country.
J.R.
DioNoZeus said:

J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

Near West Side and South East Chicago, home to some of the worst neighborhoods in the country.
agreed, but I don't go there when I visit. Just like Baltimore, they have some really rough areas, but a lot of great areas. Most big cities have them. Hell, I live in Dallas, and W. Dallas is really rough.
J.R.
Thee University said:

J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

again, now where I'd be caught dead (pardon the pun)
Thee University

nein51
J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

I used to live there. It is a bona fide ****hole. People suck. Roads suck. Pre Covid there was even a Saturday rush hour. It takes eternity to go anywhere. Every road is a toll road (Ok not every but any road you want to actually be on). It's painfully expensive.

It's a great place to visit if you fly in, go directly to the Gold Coast and stay about 48 hours...in the late spring or early fall.
GrowlTowel
If you are looking for ammo, it is a good destination.
nein51
GrowlTowel said:

If you drink beer it's pretty close to 3Floyds
BellCountyBear
J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

Most idiotic post I've read in a while. Chicago is a cesspool.
BellCountyBear
With ammo shortage, do these thugs go to knives?!
ABC BEAR
I divorce myself from worrying about places like this. If the people there want law and order they will have to demand it and make themselves accountable at the ballot box.
Mitch Blood Green
J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

I'll be in Wrigley July 25th. Looking forward to it.
ABC BEAR
tommie said:

J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

Don't forget to stop by one of the choice Chop Houses for a great steak with all the fixin's. Chi is still in top 5 for food in the US.
J.R.
ABC BEAR said:

tommie said:

J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Awesome food town. Alinea is arguably the best
Why is this happening?

Don't forget to stop by one of the choice Chop Houses for a great steak with all the fixin's. Chi is still in top 5 for food in the US.

Agreed. Alinea is arguably the best restaurant in the country!
Canada2017
Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

Its not just Chicago.

Baltimore, Memphis, St Louis, Detroit, Oakland, New Orleans, Philly and a host of others .....all ****holes.

Osodecentx
DioNoZeus said:

It's confined to a couple of areas in town to which no tourist would ever venture. The bigger issue for tourists is the perpetual lockdown here that seems to never end.
This is my impression
GrowlTowel
nein51 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Chicago is Old Style territory.
DioNoZeus
GrowlTowel said:

nein51 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Chicago is Old Style territory.
If you like **** beer
Guy Noir
If you go to the south side of Chicago which is the baddest part of town,
you better beware of a man named Leroy Brown.
Whiskey Pete
Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

Maybe it's time that they institute some strict gun laws. Oh wait,.......
Mitch Blood Green
ABC BEAR said:

tommie said:

J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

This trip will be Portillo's and Lou Malnati's (kids trip). And museums. Childhood friend runs Science and Industry.
ABC BEAR
tommie said:

ABC BEAR said:

tommie said:

J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

This trip will be Portillo's and Lou Malnati's (kids trip). And museums. Childhood friend runs Science and Industry.
Deep dish pizza at Lou's is enough to make it an awesome trip. Sitting in Wrigley with a couple of cold ones is a great way to spend a summer afternoon.
nein51
ABC BEAR said:

tommie said:

ABC BEAR said:

tommie said:

J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

Deep dish pizza at Lou's is enough to make it an awesome trip. Sitting in Wrigley with a couple of cold ones is a great way to spend a summer afternoon.

Not so hot take; deep dish pizza is disgusting. If you have to eat it I guess Lous is fine.

Also; Wrigley is a hole in a super cool neighborhood. It's one of those stadiums that is awesome to visit because it's nostalgic; it's a dump that makes you truly appreciate a modern stadium, however.
CammoTX
All those poor kids at Northwestern are always in constant fear of getting shot
whitetrash
nein51 said:

ABC BEAR said:

tommie said:

ABC BEAR said:

tommie said:

J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

Not so hot take; deep dish pizza is disgusting. If you have to eat it I guess Lous is fine.

Also; Wrigley is a hole in a super cool neighborhood. It's one of those stadiums that is awesome to visit because it's nostalgic; it's a dump that makes you truly appreciate a modern stadium, however.
When were you last at Wrigley? It was a dump the first time I visited in 2009, but the improvements in the last 4-5 years have made a difference. Atmosphere and history makes up for lack of some of the modern accoutrements.
nein51
It's been a minute. When I lived there they literally had chicken wire holding up parts of the exterior.
whitetrash
nein51 said:

It's been a minute. When I lived there they literally had chicken wire holding up parts of the exterior.
They've fixed the exterior, but last time I was there in 2019 there was still some chicken wire holding up the concrete under the upper deck down the left field line.
Mitch Blood Green
whitetrash said:

nein51 said:

They've fixed the exterior, but last time I was there in 2019 there was still some chicken wire holding up the concrete under the upper deck down the left field line.

It's been under renovation for during the off-seasons. Baseball stadiums have been in a state of improvement for the last 20 years. Wrigley is an old building. Seems impossible to make it as modern as Atlanta or a Minute Maid.

I last went in 2019, it holds emotional respect for me.

I've not been to the new Rangers park, yet. The Ballpark was amazing.
MaxTeller
Hard to beat Wrigley. Love going to that place.
MaxTeller
J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

Unfortunately it has spread all over the city, including Michigan Ave. The West and South side are the worst.
MaxTeller
CammoTX said:

All those poor kids at Northwestern are always in constant fear of getting shot
https://graphics.suntimes.com/homicides/

You would be surprised how poor parts of Evanston really are.
MaxTeller
https://www.wbez.org/stories/the-middle-class-is-shrinking-everywhere-in-chicago-its-almost-gone/e63cb407-5d1e-41b1-9124-a717d4fb1b0b

This is a huge part of Chicago's problem.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.