Who Wants to Vacation in Chicago?

5,266 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Thee University
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No need to travel. More homicides close to home.

Mitch Blood Green
Jack and DP said:

No need to travel. More homicides close to home.

Yes it is. It's everywhere

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/24/us-murders-extra-4000-everyday-gun-violence
riflebear
Where are all the riots and BLM protests?
Thee University
27 shot

5 killed

Sounds like if you vacation in Chicago you need to stay out of the drive thus at McDonalds and Popeyes.

All in all that was a calm weekend in Chicago.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
40 to 45 shot in Chicago this weekend. 5 killed.

Closing in on 200 homicides just 4 months into the year.

So far this year 1040 people have been shot and 195 killed.

The good news you ask???? Car jackings are down 55%
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
C. Jordan
Thee University said:

As of this morning there have been 864 people confirmed shot. Not shooting incidents, that's 864 hits! This is already 218 more than all of last year.

Why is this happening?

I don't think at any point in history, Chicago would have been anyone's top vacation destination!

Were you thinking of going there? I would recommend somewhere in Florida or maybe the Rockies. I would stay away from urban areas in general. They tend to be noisy, even if there isn't any shooting.

C. Jordan
Thee University said:

27 shot

5 killed

Sounds like if you vacation in Chicago you need to stay out of the drive thus at McDonalds and Popeyes.

All in all that was a calm weekend in Chicago.
I'm new here, so could you tell me, do you live in Chicago? Is that why you're so worried about it?

If you don't live there and you're heart is burdened for it, maybe you could go up there and so some volunteer help with the poor. That might help!
Thee University
Newbie are you?

I lived in Chicago about 5 months back in 1983. Completely different times. Loved living there back then.

I bring this up for a few reasons.

1. It has been under Democrat rule so much so that Republicans don't even bother to run for the city's highest office.

2. It is one of the most corrupt cities in America. (Home of Barack Obama and Rahm Emanuel)

3. They once elected Richard Daley even when he was basically incapacitated by a stroke. (Sort of like Biden with dementia)

4. They have some of the strictest gun laws in America.

Why would I go live in a hellhole? Some places are beyond help and they don't want help anyway.

I view Chicago as what Biden & Harris and their ilk are going to take America over the next 3+ years. Would you live there?
Thee University
It was a beautiful Mother's Day Weekend in Chicago.

Only 26 shot with 5 killed.

Lori Lightfoot is the Democrat's strongest mayor.
MaxTeller
Thee University said:

Newbie are you?

I lived in Chicago about 5 months back in 1983. Completely different times. Loved living there back then.

1. It has been under Democrat rule so much so that Republicans don't even bother to run for the city's highest office.

2. It is one of the most corrupt cities in America. (Home of Barack Obama and Rahm Emanuel)

3. They once elected Richard Daley even when he was basically incapacitated by a stroke. (Sort of like Biden with dementia)

Why would I go live in a hellhole? Some places are beyond help and they don't want help anyway.

I view Chicago as what Biden & Harris and their ilk are going to take America over the next 3+ years. Would you live there?
Problem with the guns isn't Illinois but Indiana and other states like it. They just import them from easier states to obtain them from.
D. C. Bear
MaxTeller said:

Thee University said:

Newbie are you?

Problem with the guns isn't Illinois but Indiana and other states like it. They just import them from easier states to obtain them from.

The problem with guns isn't Illinois, it isn't Indiana, and it isn't even guns.
MaxTeller
D. C. Bear said:

MaxTeller said:

Thee University said:

Newbie are you?

The problem with guns isn't Illinois, it isn't Indiana, and it isn't even guns.
That is true, the real issue is fatherless homes.
Porteroso
Canada2017 said:

Thee University said:

As of this morning there have been 864 people confirmed shot. Not shooting incidents, that's 864 hits! This is already 218 more than all of last year.

Why is this happening?

Its not just Chicago.

Baltimore, Memphis, St Louis, Detroit, Oakland, New Orleans, Philly and a host of others .....all ****holes.

Places are mostly what you make of them. Have you really spent time in all those cities, to make them **** holes?

And Chicago is a good city. Not great, its success got in its own way long ago. Its history is really interesting.

To answer, of course I'd vacation there, but I'd rather be in a national park, so it's not high on my list. Been there twice, enjoyed both trips.
Canada2017
Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

Its not just Chicago.

Baltimore, Memphis, St Louis, Detroit, Oakland, New Orleans, Philly and a host of others .....all ****holes.

Places are mostly what you make of them. Have you really spent time in all those cities, to make them **** holes?

And Chicago is a good city. Not great, its success got in its own way long ago. Its history is really interesting.

To answer, of course I'd vacation there, but I'd rather be in a national park, so it's not high on my list. Been there twice, enjoyed both trips.
Have been in them all except Baltimore ......and there is no reason whatsoever to go there.

The people in those cities have made them **** holes....elections have consequences .

Been in almost every National Park and National Monument west of the Mississippi. River...often several times each .

Favorite National Park----Glacier

Favorite National Monument --- Dinosaur
Thee University
55 shot
5 dead
BaylorBJM
Booked my flights for Crested Butte, Chicago and 30A today.

Really excited about the Florida beaches but probably most excited about Chicago in August along with the Cubs-White Sox game we'll be watching from the bleachers.

Great rec OP!
Thee University
BaylorBJM said:

Really excited about the Florida beaches but probably most excited about Chicago in August along with the Cubs-White Sox game we'll be watching from the bleachers.

Great rec OP!
That's my boy! Here's a map to help you enjoy all Chicago has to offer.

See if you can pick me up one of these t-shirts

Mitch Blood Green
BaylorBJM said:

Great rec OP!

I got a Cubs Arizona in July.
bularry
Chicago is a pretty awesome city... was actually considering a short trip there in the coming months
Thee University
You might want to reconsider there Larry

Since June 12, 2021, numerous more homicides have occurred in the city.

For example, four were fatally shot Tuesday, June 15, five were killed over Father's Day weekend, and seven were shot and killed on Monday, June 21.

In total, including the figures reported by the Tribune, at least 310 people have been killed in Chicago January 1, 2021, through June 21, 2021.

Thus far, Mayor Lightfoot's response has been to call for more gun control.

Thee University
I know a couple of you are planning on heading up to vacation in Chicago soon.

Last weekend - 74 shot, 6 dead

331 homicides so far this year
1,842 shootings so far

Good luck Democrats!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2021/7/2/22560417/4-killed-28-wounded-shootings-thursday-july-1-crime-homicide-chicago

4 murdered and 28 shot in a single day. The mayor is absolutely clueless.

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Thee University
I know some of you newbies desire a more thorough breakdown such as shot placement, maps, race, gender and all else that proves it is 100% whitey's fault.

Here you go:

https://heyjackass.com/

Thee University
Its a record! Celebrate good times come on, Its a celebration!

104 people shot.
19 killed.
13 kids among the wounded.

Over 2000 shot this year so far.

BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell us who is doing all of the shooting! We need to know so we can go to the source of the problem.

It has to be white supremacy.
It has to be.

BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!

Thank god these folks are diligently working on a solution to this problem. What's this? You say whitey is to blame???????

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Chicago is such a beautiful city. There are just a couple of parts of town that are a problem.

Pit bulls are such sweet and gentle animals. It is just a matter of how they're raised!

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

104 people shot.
19 killed.

Please tell us who is doing all of the shooting! We need to know so we can go to the source of the problem.

It has to be.

Thank god these folks are diligently working on a solution to this problem. What's this? You say whitey is to blame???????

You must be mistaken, my friend. According to Mayor Lori Lightfoot, crime is going down in Chicago!

-- Barack Obama
Thee University
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

104 people shot.
19 killed.

It has to be.

You must be mistaken, my friend. According to Mayor Lori Lightfoot, crime is going down in Chicago!
Black Lives Matter!

Canada2017
nein51 said:

J.R. said:

Thee University said:

Why is this happening?

I love Chicago. All that crap is on the West Side. Not where I stay. Chicago is one of America's great cities. NYC without the attitude .

I used to live there. It is a bona fide ****hole.
Indeed....Chicago is a bona fide ****hole.

However so are..........

Detroit
Baltimore
Memphis
Oakland
New Orleans
St Louis
Philly
LA
NYC

The American dream is dead .

Happened so gradually most haven't even noticed the corpse.

Killed by selfishness , drugs, violence, and laziness.

jupiter
So do we care about actually solving the problem, or just having someone to blame?
Canon
jupiter said:

So do we care about actually solving the problem, or just having someone to blame?

The problem derives from those who are to blame. Rid them of any power or control and we solve the problem. As long as Democrats are in charge of cities, they will turn them into cesspools.
nein51
Canon said:

jupiter said:

The problem derives from those who are to blame. Rid them of any power or control and we solve the problem. As long as Democrats are in charge of cities, they will turn them into cesspools.
This response completely absolves the people involved of any responsibility. "If only Republicans ran these cities it would be better"...I refuse to believe that and I say that as someone who have voted (R) just about as long as I can recall.

Do some policies play a role? Of course they do.

The 2021 Worst Places list is:
Memphis, TN
Jackson, MS
Dayton, OH
Brownsville, TX
Detroit, MI
Cleveland, OH
Tulsa, OK
San Bernardino, CA
Shreveport, LA
Springfield, MO

It isnt like Democrats took over the city via force. They were elected by the populace. Ask yourself why or how. What has caused those voters to vote that way?

I can also tell you from first hand experience (having spent a decent amount of time in Cleveland, Detroit, Brownsville, Tulsa, Dayton and San Bernardino) that all of these cities are being defined by relatively small parts of town. I live in Cleveland and I am in Detroit multiple times a year...both are pretty fantastic places...both have areas you probably shouldnt go to. My experience has been that most of the people living in those parts of town dont want to live there either; they simply dont have much choice.

I leave you with Ice-T Escape From The Killing Fields:
I recognize when mind techniques are being played
It's a plot they use to keep down another
Here comes another brainwashed brother...

"Yo man, it sounds like you're selling out to me, 'cause I'm from the ghetto; I lived in the ghetto all my life!
We ain't supposed to leave here! We're black! We're supposed to be poor!"

Shut up! Do you know how dumb you sound?
That mentality's what keeps my people down!
No one wants to live in an urban war
You live there cause your parents were poor
They live there because theirs were also
Get yourself together, hit the gates bro!

[Hook]
Ya gotta get out! Ya gotta get out! Why?
'Cause the fields are where you die!

Canon
Law enforcement. One party engages in it (Giuliani's NYC) and one party doesn't (De Blasio's NYC). People are going to make personal choices. Where leaders make a difference is when they actually enforce laws strictly or they don't. Democrats don't.
Thee University
Update:

YTD
400 shot & killed
1,909 shot & wounded
2,309 total shot
425 homicides

https://heyjackass.com/
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.