Adam Toledo

17,538 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mothra
ShooterTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Why is a seventh grader in an alley in Chicago at 2:30 a.m. in the morning? Where the **ck were his parents?

Didn't take long before someone says the kid got killed for.... Being outside. Keep your nanny state to yourselves, you radical conservatives. Hilarious.
I'm seeing the same post you are and I see a question where you see a statement. Odd
It's not hard to frame judginess as a question. Why are you so stupid? Why were you outside?
I see your point. Kind of like asking "why was he shooting at cars" assumes he's guilty of firing at cars.

What factor do you suppose carried more weight in the officer shooting, being outside or running with a gun?

I think you've entirely lost the thread of my posts, which were in response to someone who implied he got shot for being outside so late. I was making fun of that...
they didn't say he got shot for being outside. They questioned why and at that time of night. Pick your nits more carefully next time.

Being outside at any hour should have no bearing on being killed by cops. There is a reasonable discussion to be had on the why he's dead, and it doesn't include either. It's worth addressing these red herrings, because conservative radicals are known to say things like "shouldn't have been outside at that time of night, you should know you might get killed by a cop."
Dear God... what is wrong with you??

You don't think that the fact that he was 13, and out on the streets at 2:30am isn't relative at all?? It shows the lack of parenting in his life. There is no good reason for a 13 year old kid to be hanging out on the streets at 2:30am with a 21 year old felon.

How can you be this dense?
ShooterTX
TexasScientist
ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

And once again, this person is making up quotes, taking screenshots off this message board, and based on the comments, doing her best to make sure some Baylor fans will never be members on this site.

Jinx in the comments

Skimmed the thread and it makes one wonder: At which drag queen story hour did that group of people first meet one another? Were they all wearing their custom knitted pink p***y hats at the time? Do the men in the thread accuse themselves of mansplaining or do they ask the (identify as) women to do it for them? When only on line, do they still snap their approval and yell out 'SLAY QUEEN!!!' at the appropriate screen name? So many questions.

This one will be a post-sober delete for sure. Only a question of how long it takes you, or if the mods get there first.

But if not, pretty cool to know the P word is now fair game on the free boards. I think it's safe to say we're finally as fast & loose as the public schools... you guys can go to Sunday School tomorrow with a little extra swag in your step.

Why in the world would the mods take that down?

You're in the sandbox, a lot of things are fair ****ing game.

Not in the eyes of the cancel culture. If they don't agree, it should come down.

Cancel culture is bipartisan, always has been.

Keep telling yourself it's the same on each side, if it helps you sleep at night.
It's more radicalized from the leftists mob, that's for sure. They also take it to the extreme more so than the right.... but it does exist on both sides. Dixie Chicks come to mind....

But the left.... no doubt they are more triggered over it than the right. seems like they want to cancel everything for everything.

I think this is a bad example. All that happened to the Dixie Chicks is that their fans stopped buying their albums or attending their concerts. The Chicks were dumb enough to attack their own fan base, and they paid the price. BTW, i think i heard that the Dixie Chicks have come out with more albums and are making money again... so not really the same as the left. The left destroys people to the level that they can never recover.

The left goes after ordinary citizens... which i have not seen happen on the right.

Example: in a leftist cancel culture situation, the Dixie Chicks would have lost their jobs, sponsors, been sued for everything they own.. and then any normal person who continued to be a fan of their music would have had the same attacks. I don't recall fans of the Dixie Chicks being "doxed" and losing their jobs, money, future, etc. This is why so many people who may have conservative views, will not talk about it openly. This is why there are surveys showing that conservatives afraid to speak openly, while liberals don't have those fears.

https://www.cato.org/survey-reports/poll-62-americans-say-they-have-political-views-theyre-afraid-share#introduction
What about Colin Kaepernick? He got cancelled and lost his job. What about Bill Maher. He was cancelled in 2002 for comments. It goes both ways.
Whiskey Pete
ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

And once again, this person is making up quotes, taking screenshots off this message board, and based on the comments, doing her best to make sure some Baylor fans will never be members on this site.

Jinx in the comments

Skimmed the thread and it makes one wonder: At which drag queen story hour did that group of people first meet one another? Were they all wearing their custom knitted pink p***y hats at the time? Do the men in the thread accuse themselves of mansplaining or do they ask the (identify as) women to do it for them? When only on line, do they still snap their approval and yell out 'SLAY QUEEN!!!' at the appropriate screen name? So many questions.

This one will be a post-sober delete for sure. Only a question of how long it takes you, or if the mods get there first.

But if not, pretty cool to know the P word is now fair game on the free boards. I think it's safe to say we're finally as fast & loose as the public schools... you guys can go to Sunday School tomorrow with a little extra swag in your step.

Not in the eyes of the cancel culture. If they don't agree, it should come down.

Keep telling yourself it's the same on each side, if it helps you sleep at night.
It's more radicalized from the leftists mob, that's for sure. They also take it to the extreme more so than the right.... but it does exist on both sides. Dixie Chicks come to mind....

But the left.... no doubt they are more triggered over it than the right. seems like they want to cancel everything for everything.

I think this is a bad example. All that happened to the Dixie Chicks is that their fans stopped buying their albums or attending their concerts. The Chicks were dumb enough to attack their own fan base, and they paid the price. BTW, i think i heard that the Dixie Chicks have come out with more albums and are making money again... so not really the same as the left. The left destroys people to the level that they can never recover.

The left goes after ordinary citizens... which i have not seen happen on the right.

Example: in a leftist cancel culture situation, the Dixie Chicks would have lost their jobs, sponsors, been sued for everything they own.. and then any normal person who continued to be a fan of their music would have had the same attacks. I don't recall fans of the Dixie Chicks being "doxed" and losing their jobs, money, future, etc. This is why so many people who may have conservative views, will not talk about it openly. This is why there are surveys showing that conservatives afraid to speak openly, while liberals don't have those fears.

https://www.cato.org/survey-reports/poll-62-americans-say-they-have-political-views-theyre-afraid-share#introduction
That's why I was quick to point out that the left is more extreme with the cancel culture than the right - by far.
Jack and DP
TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

What about Colin Kaepernick? He got cancelled and lost his job. What about Bill Maher. He was cancelled in 2002 for comments. It goes both ways.

Kaep didn't get canceled until it was obvious that he was a backup NFL QB. Teams don't want to deal with distractions from a backup.
J.B.Katz
SIC EM 94 said:

saykay said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

LOL what on earth is so upsetting about someone saying something is bipartisan... You guys need to get a massage or something & simmer down.

You think cancel culture is bipartisan? If so, can you provide a few examples?
Trump supporters just tried to cancel the presidential election Biden won by more than 7 mil votes by lying about it and bringing a ****load of bogus litigation that got laughed out of court and, when that didn't work, refusing to confirm the electoral votes as a dog whistle to their constituents that they supported the Big Lie. Trying to cancel a legitimate election is a lot worse that trying to stop people from spouting racist, sexist and homophobic insults.

Republicans are trying to cancel corporations from expressing their displeasure about laws aimed at restricting voting. McConnell basically told them to shut their mouths but keep opening their wallets.

Bubbadog just got canceled from this forum. BD skewered people on a bipartisan basis. But it's a lot easier to get canceled from this forum if you're liberal than conservative. George Truett also got banned. He's a preacher and his posts were civil, unlike ones from Trump supporters using homophobic or sexists slurs (calling a man a woman is a common grade school level insult on this board).
Jack and DP
J.B.Katz said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

True that sexism, misogyny and homophobia are hallmarks of posts on this board, including the junior high strategy of accusing people of being gay like grade school kids howling that someone has cooties.

Also true that any optimism about the mods cracking down on incivility and crudeness is unwarranted.

That begs the question of why Bubbadog was banned since nothing he ever posted came anywhere close to the Golem level of mean snark.

How'd you know Bubbadog got banned?
J.B.Katz
Jack and DP said:

J.B.Katz said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

True that sexism, misogyny and homophobia are hallmarks of posts on this board, including the junior high strategy of accusing people of being gay like grade school kids howling that someone has cooties.

Also true that any optimism about the mods cracking down on incivility and crudeness is unwarranted.

That begs the question of why Bubbadog was banned since nothing he ever posted came anywhere close to the Golem level of mean snark.

It's all over this forum.
TexasScientist
Jack and DP said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Kaep didn't get canceled until it was obvious that he was a backup NFL QB. Teams don't want to deal with distractions from a backup.
It still meets the definition, regardless of reason. Corporations trying to stop games in GA have their reasons.
ShooterTX
J.B.Katz said:

SIC EM 94 said:

saykay said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

LOL what on earth is so upsetting about someone saying something is bipartisan... You guys need to get a massage or something & simmer down.

Trump supporters just tried to cancel the presidential election Biden won by more than 7 mil votes by lying about it and bringing a ****load of bogus litigation that got laughed out of court and, when that didn't work, refusing to confirm the electoral votes as a dog whistle to their constituents that they supported the Big Lie. Trying to cancel a legitimate election is a lot worse that trying to stop people from spouting racist, sexist and homophobic insults.

Republicans are trying to cancel corporations from expressing their displeasure about laws aimed at restricting voting. McConnell basically told them to shut their mouths but keep opening their wallets.

Bubbadog just got canceled from this forum. BD skewered people on a bipartisan basis. But it's a lot easier to get canceled from this forum if you're liberal than conservative. George Truett also got banned. He's a preacher and his posts were civil, unlike ones from Trump supporters using homophobic or sexists slurs (calling a man a woman is a common grade school level insult on this board).

This is laughable.

You are trying to say that those who are reacting to cancel culture... are the actual proponents of cancel culture. The corporations that are boycotting Georgia are LYING about a voting law, and they are hurting an entire state because of that lie. In essence, they are cancelling the entire state of Georgia. The crazy part is that MLB pulled their game from Georgia because of the lie, and then relocated to Colorado which has stricter voting laws than Georgia... so it's not just a lie, but it's total hypocrisy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/colorado-site-of-new-mlb-all-star-game-has-more-restrictive-voting-laws-than-georgia/ar-BB1fmbFK

I don't know anything about Bubbadog, so I can't comment on that... but are you implying that Bubbadog is on the left and the mods of this site are Republicans?? How do you know this?

And cancel culture is about people. Trying to confuse the public by saying that someone is trying to "cancel the election" is a joke. People get cancelled, elections get challenged in court. Cancel culture doesn't believe in courts or due process or evidence or anything of that nature.
ShooterTX
ShooterTX
TexasScientist said:

Jack and DP said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

It still meets the definition, regardless of reason. Corporations trying to stop games in GA have their reasons.

If you really don't understand the difference between the left and the right on cancel culture... here it is:

The right MAY try to cancel someone famous for something they say or do, but it is usually short lived. Dixie Chicks are still millionaires who make music. Bill Maher got canceled, and rolled right into another show.
The left WILL try to cancel someone famous, and also go after as many normal people who support them as possible... and they will try to ruin their lives forever.

There is no good, logical reason for this reporter to go after this person... none. This is an attempt to intimidate and shame people into submission or at least into inaction.
ShooterTX
BusyTarpDuster2017
LRA Bear said:

Somehow this 61 year old white man in Minnesota managed not to be shot and killed by the police yesterday.

Cops don't shoot someone trying to bust through a barricade unless their life is in danger. The cop stuck in the window could argue that his life was in danger, but his arm is stuck and he can't shoot. The other cops are not going to fire at the driver with the stuck cop so close to him.

You guys need to stop thinking that every police encounter is the same and can be compared.
TexasScientist
ShooterTX said:

J.B.Katz said:

SIC EM 94 said:

saykay said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

This is laughable.

You are trying to say that those who are reacting to cancel culture... are the actual proponents of cancel culture. The corporations that are boycotting Georgia are LYING about a voting law, and they are hurting an entire state because of that lie. In essence, they are cancelling the entire state of Georgia. The crazy part is that MLB pulled their game from Georgia because of the lie, and then relocated to Colorado which has stricter voting laws than Georgia... so it's not just a lie, but it's total hypocrisy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/colorado-site-of-new-mlb-all-star-game-has-more-restrictive-voting-laws-than-georgia/ar-BB1fmbFK

I don't know anything about Bubbadog, so I can't comment on that... but are you implying that Bubbadog is on the left and the mods of this site are Republicans?? How do you know this?

And cancel culture is about people. Trying to confuse the public by saying that someone is trying to "cancel the election" is a joke. People get cancelled, elections get challenged in court. Cancel culture doesn't believe in courts or due process or evidence or anything of that nature.

i.e. Sydney Powell, Lin Wood, and Rudy Giuliani.
TexasScientist
ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Jack and DP said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

If you really don't understand the difference between the left and the right on cancel culture... here it is:

The right MAY try to cancel someone famous for something they say or do, but it is usually short lived. Dixie Chicks are still millionaires who make music. Bill Maher got canceled, and rolled right into another show.
The left WILL try to cancel someone famous, and also go after as many normal people who support them as possible... and they will try to ruin their lives forever.

There is no good, logical reason for this reporter to go after this person... none. This is an attempt to intimidate and shame people into submission or at least into inaction.
Uhm, didn't Trump say they all should be fired who took a knee. Kathy Griffin, Al Franken? It goes both ways.
Canon
TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

No he didn't. He got third rate and lost his job.
ShooterTX
TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Jack and DP said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Uhm, didn't Trump say they all should be fired who took a knee. Kathy Griffin, Al Franken? It goes both ways.

Again... there is a difference.
Did everyone who donated to Fraken get doxxed, lose their jobs, have their businesses shutdown, and have their lives ruined? Did anything like that happen to people who attended a Kathy Griffin show?

And did Trump say to cancel anyone who supports Kap, or anyone who "disrespected" the flag?

It's one thing to call for accountability for someone's actions (are you really going to defend Fraken or Griffin here), and quite another to go after anyone who might have supported or agreed with those people.

This is a disease of the left.
ShooterTX
Canon
ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Jack and DP said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Did everyone who donated to Fraken get doxxed, lose their jobs, have their businesses shutdown, and have their lives ruined? Did anything like that happen to people who attended a Kathy Griffin show?

And did Trump say to cancel anyone who supports Kap, or anyone who "disrespected" the flag?

It's one thing to call for accountability for someone's actions (are you really going to defend Fraken or Griffin here), and quite another to go after anyone who might have supported or agreed with those people.

John Adams defended British soldiers on trial for the Boston Massacre. The left now attempts to destroy the lives of normal people for donating to legal defense.
TexasScientist
ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Jack and DP said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

I'm saying it goes both ways. Look at how Gaetz is going after Liz Cheney. Or how the far right is going after Cindy McCain, or Ben Sasse, or Kinzinger.
ShooterTX
TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Jack and DP said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

I'm saying it goes both ways. Look at how Gaetz is going after Liz Cheney. Or how the far right is going after Cindy McCain, or Ben Sasse, or Kinzinger.

And their supporters?? Who is doxxing their donors, and going after them? How many Cheney donors have been protested and lost their jobs?
All of those people are being confronted because of their own words or actions, not because of their support or donations to anyone.
Cheney is an interesting example. People want her removed from her leadership position in the Republican party, but they aren't calling for her to be thrown in jail. I'm sure they will call for her to lose her next election... but that happens every election cycle, so what's new there. No one is fabricating evidence to try and impeach her, are they?
ShooterTX
Canon
ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Jack and DP said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Lol'd at this

TexasScientist
ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Jack and DP said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

And their supporters?? Who is doxxing their donors, and going after them? How many Cheney donors have been protested and lost their jobs?
All of those people are being confronted because of their own words or actions, not because of their support or donations to anyone.
Cheney is an interesting example. People want her removed from her leadership position in the Republican party, but they aren't calling for her to be thrown in jail. I'm sure they will call for her to lose her next election... but that happens every election cycle, so what's new there. No one is fabricating evidence to try and impeach her, are they?

In a secret ballot, they'll vote to keep Liz in leadership. In public ballot they'll censor her to avoid reprisals. Trump nor his followers don't threaten to primary anyone do they? What about the Biden vehicles harassed and ran off the road by the Trumpets?
ShooterTX
TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

TexasScientist said:

Jack and DP said:

TexasScientist said:

ShooterTX said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

In a secret ballot, they'll vote to keep Liz in leadership. In public ballot they'll censor her to avoid reprisals. Trump nor his followers don't threaten to primary anyone do they? What about the Biden vehicles harassed and ran off the road by the Trumpets?

So they won't actually do anything to Cheney, and yet that is your evidence of cancel culture from the right?

How weak can your argument get?

Words but no actions vs hundreds of normal people losing their jobs, businesses, etc... oh yeah... you got me there.

ShooterTX
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Let's see what the right has cancelled: Ford, GM, Dixie Chicks, Hollywood, NFL, NBA, and now baseball. That's a short list, btw.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
SIC EM 94
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Let's see what the right has cancelled: Ford, GM, Dixie Chicks, Hollywood, NFL, NBA, and now baseball. That's a short list, btw.

You have got to be kidding me...hilarious! Ford and GM? They seem to be doing just fine. Dixie Chicks? Well they are touring now as "The Chicks" and they sure as Hell didn't drop the "Dixie" part because of the right. Hollywood? Oh how I wish Hollywood would be "cancelled", curious as to how you think it has been though. NFL? Again, how has it been cancelled? NBA? Are you fing kidding me...have you seen the messages on the jerseys, court, etc...? Baseball? You are aware the MLB moved the All Star Game because of leftist BS right? Damn near every stupid thing you listed has zero to do with the "right"! Unbelievable...holy crap!
Jack and DP
J.B.Katz said:

Jack and DP said:

J.B.Katz said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

It's all over this forum.

Missed it. Why'd he get banned?
ShooterTX
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

There is no real concern about a boycott against a corporation... that has existed for centuries.

The danger of cancel culture is the destruction & ruination of average citizens because of their beliefs or perceived beliefs. THAT is the nastiness of leftist cancel culture.

Ford, GM, NFL, Hollywood... they are rarely affected by boycotts. Average people are losing jobs, careers, businesses,... all because of gestapo-style tactics, employed by the left.
ShooterTX
quash
SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

You have got to be kidding me...hilarious! Ford and GM? They seem to be doing just fine. Dixie Chicks? Well they are touring now as "The Chicks" and they sure as Hell didn't drop the "Dixie" part because of the right. Hollywood? Oh how I wish Hollywood would be "cancelled", curious as to how you think it has been though. NFL? Again, how has it been cancelled? NBA? Are you fing kidding me...have you seen the messages on the jerseys, court, etc...? Baseball? You are aware the MLB moved the All Star Game because of leftist BS right? Damn near every stupid thing you listed has zero to do with the "right"! Unbelievable...holy crap!
Cancel culture exists whether it is successful or not. If it would spare you another meltdown let's go with "attempted cancel culture", since the Left is no more successful but still keeps attempting.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
ShooterTX said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

There is no real concern about a boycott against a corporation... that has existed for centuries.

The danger of cancel culture is the destruction & ruination of average citizens because of their beliefs or perceived beliefs. THAT is the nastiness of leftist cancel culture.

Ford, GM, NFL, Hollywood... they are rarely affected by boycotts. Average people are losing jobs, careers, businesses,... all because of gestapo-style tactics, employed by the left.
The danger of cancel culture is the destruction and ruination of average citizens because of their beliefs. I like that definition. But it is certainly NOT limited to the Left. You may have forgotten lynchings and blacklists and Rightist boycotts. I have not.
Oldbear83
Who did the Right lynch, exactly?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
ShooterTX
quash said:

ShooterTX said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

The danger of cancel culture is the destruction and ruination of average citizens because of their beliefs. I like that definition. But it is certainly NOT limited to the Left. You may have forgotten lynchings and blacklists and Rightist boycotts. I have not.

Wow... dems did lynching about 70 years ago, and dems are using cancel culture today... notice any themes yet?
ShooterTX
quash
ShooterTX said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Wow... dems did lynching about 70 years ago, and dems are using cancel culture today... notice any themes yet?
Yes. Your jersey color is very important to you.
Oldbear83
quash said:

ShooterTX said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Yes. Your jersey color is very important to you.
And facts are not very important to you, quash.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
SIC EM 94
quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Cancel culture exists whether it is successful or not. If it would spare you another meltdown let's go with "attempted cancel culture", since the Left is no more successful but still keeps attempting.

If laughing at your half ass attempt to list things the "right" has cancelled equates to a "meltdown", then I guess that's what I'm having. I feel bad for finding your desperate reach so amusing. I'll just end it by saying I strongly disagree with your examples, but neither of us would expect the other to agree on much of anything.
Buddha Bear
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Facebook, YouTube, Google, Bill Gates, the list goes on....
Canon
Buddha Bear said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

To 'cancel' someone or something, one must have the ability to do so - to affect actual harm to that person or institution. Simply saying "I don't like that" isn't canceling, as the term is used and understood today. One must have the power, either individually or in a mob, to destroy. The cultural institutions (arts, media, etc), commercial institutions (social media, airlines, automotive, etc) and (pseudo) educational institutions are run monolithically by the left and the politics of personal destruction goes in one direction - from the left toward everyone else.

Trying to couch someone saying "I don't like being targeted so I am not going to watch that movie or that game or buy that product" is not cancel culture. It's patently absurd to claim it is. Cancel culture is when Google and Facebook and Twitter and Amazon team up to shut down a person or a movement or when they form a cartel to shut down new venues that would host the people and movements they already canceled. Cancel culture requires institutional power and/or a mob most often backed by institutional power. No similar institutional power exists for exercise on the right. Where the right has attempted to form a nexus around where it can coalesce, the left has canceled them or tried to, with Democrat politicians going so far as to call for the shutting down of Fox news and telling BLM mobs to physically confront idealogical opposition in the streets. That is cancel culture,

The attempts to usurp explanatory terms defining the left and ridiculously try and turn the around is comically sad. It's also extraordinarily telling that the left feels the need to try and change the definitions of even these newer and very specifically descriptive terms. They understand that one of their best weapons is simply to change definitions to suit their narrative. This is just more of the same.
Whiskey Pete
Buddha Bear said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

GShack said:

BearN said:

Jinx in the comments

Not even close. While the right has biotched about these people/companies, they haven't even come close to cancelling them.

It's rather odd that you would include these.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.