Chauvin found guilty on all counts

10,277 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by quash
Mitch Henessey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I view this as not so much justice as accountability. Justice would be George Floyd still being alive today.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry
J.B.Katz said:

Sam Lowry said:

J.B.Katz said:

Sam Lowry said:

BLM may not recover from this one.
Is that all you have to say?
I haven't followed the case closely. It's a sad series of events any way you look at it.
Several people, including kids, have been shot by cops since Floyd's death.

Re: the George Floyd case, nobody won. Floyd's dead, a bad cop who shouldn't have been on the street will go to prison, and most Americans have seen a video where a police officer who is supposed to protect and serve is snuffing the life out of a man while bystanders are filming him and begging him to stop.
You're probably right, though it's important to remember that nothing since Floyd's death has any bearing on Chauvin's case.
Porteroso
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

It's too much of a liability to be a cop in this country.

Oh I don't know about that my brother in law, cousin and friend seem to be doing just fine on their respective forces. They haven't unjustly killed anyone so I guess that has something to do with it.
If they have to shoot/kill a non white person under any circumstance, they're now likely to be guilty of murder. it doesn't matter if they're truly justified and did their job properly, all the media has to do is create the prosecution...to hell with reality.

This was not a split second decision. There was plenty of input about what he was doing. The man was already handcuffed and presented no threat to anyone else's life or limb.

The only reason to feel sympathy for Chauvin is because he had not realized the rule of law applied to him.
I don't find him innocent, but I don't find him guilty on all accounts. It was manslaughter, not murder.

He'll be murdered in prison, maybe you'll get even more justice out of that.

He murdered a guy, and you can watch it on a video. Half the world has. He is now getti g justice. That's important, for all of us. Making fun of justice is not a good look for you.
redfish961
The verdict was correct, in my opinion.

Having watched the vast majority of the trial, I'm not sure how anyone could come away thinking any different.

This isn't a conviction of law enforcement, but a conviction of a bad law enforcement officer.

He deserves what he gets and life wouldn't be a problem for me...He took one knowingly and he should pay with one.

He was entrusted to do the right thing and he simply didn't and he knew it...It was a conscious decision that wasn't spur of the moment and could have been prevented...He chose to kill him.

I hope what comes out of this is that "bad" law enforcement officers get weeded out...Patterns should have consequences.

Jack Bauer
Booray
Jack Bauer said:

She sure tells me how the world works a lot.

The parts she misses are first, that the world works or doesn't work based on fallible humans. No system or law is going to create the utopia she believes in. Second, the system we have has gotten us closer to that utopia than any system ever.
STxBear81
we dont need clown congress people like maxine waters pushing racism til death or trying to influence jury outcomes in any form. let the process play out. I think the chauvin is guilty but i hope the inteference from the bi&&h Waters allow for him to go free with a mistrial. that would be justice
quash
No verdict can restore a life but this is as close as we get to justice when somebody dies: accountability. Whether that brings peace to the Floyd family? I don't know.

Officers who act like Chauvin just make the world harder for everybody, but especially for other cops. The good ones have to deal with the damage to the relationship between officers and the citizens they try to serve.

The Libertarian Party is working to end qualified immunity so that officers may hesitate before they deny someone their rights.

The LP also want to reduce the number of times an officer has to deal with a citizen by reducing the number of police interactions that do not involve violence: abolish victimless crimes like drug possession, consensual sex between adults, braiding hair without a state license, selling cigarettes individually, working without "your papers", etc.

There are concrete things we can do to make the world both safer and more free.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Sam Lowry
Booray said:

Jack Bauer said:

The parts she misses are first, that the world works or doesn't work based on fallible humans. No system or law is going to create the utopia she believes in. Second, the system we have has gotten us closer to that utopia than any system ever.
Of course the CRT take is that the system killed him. No justice will stop that drumbeat even for a minute.
Booray
Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Jack Bauer said:

Of course the CRT take is that the system killed him. No justice will stop that drumbeat even for a minute.
Yes, I understand. My take is that an a--hole killed him.
BellCountyBear
Dubbicans said:

This is the right verdict, and remember: Chauvin was a piece of **** cop long before he killed George Floyd
And George Floyd was a piece of **** human. So does this make you feel better?
Oldbear83
The reasons this was a bad decision are these:

A bad cop guilty of Manslaughter is convicted of Murder, because the jury was warned anything less would lead to violence. The mob is now more bold and will get worse.

Floyd was a criminal whose crimes and drugs put him into the situation. Yes, Chauvin was guilty of excessive force but Floyd would be dead by today anyway because of his choices, but what young black kids will hear is not that drugs and a life of crime lead to bad ends, but that if a black man dies, it's time to blame the cops.

Chauvin would have pled guilty last year to 3rd degree murder but the prosecutors wanted a show trial and politicians played it up for their cause. Absolutely disgusting to see Biden, Waters, Pelosi and others exploit the death of Floyd so shamelessly.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
ATL Bear
It was the correct verdict. To the shock of many, the justice systems typically works when given an appropriate process to operate. The failures are primarily socio-economic due to poor representation. My only hope is that in the future we at least wait to start the riots after the investigation, charges, and trial verdict.

Remember Ahmaud Arbery? All four, including the video man are in jail awaiting trial and have been consistently denied bond due to fear of juror and investigation interference.
BellCountyBear
Canada2017 said:

JXL said:

The jury made the right decision. Not because of the threat of riots spread by idiots like Maxine Waters, but because the evidence pointed to guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Jury made the only decision allowed by the mob.
FIFY.
Dubbicans
BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

This is the right verdict, and remember: Chauvin was a piece of **** cop long before he killed George Floyd

I think if you're someone who would feel good about either outcome then there's something seriously wrong with you. But LEO who are habitually disciplined and then go on to take another human's life should be held accountable. So yes, the fact that the prosecution did its job does make me feel better.
"merry xmas dick head"

--BealBear
Booray
Oldbear83 said:

A bad cop guilty of Manslaughter is convicted of Murder, because the jury was warned anything less would lead to violence. The mob is now more bold and will get worse.

Floyd was a criminal whose crimes and drugs put him into the situation. Yes, Chauvin was guilty of excessive force but Floyd would be dead by today anyway because of his choices, but what young black kids will hear is not that drugs and a life of crime lead to bad ends, but that if a black man dies, it's time to blame the cops.

Chauvin would have pled guilty last year to 3rd degree murder but the prosecutors wanted a show trial and politicians played it up for their cause. Absolutely disgusting to see Biden, Waters, Pelosi and others exploit the death of Floyd so shamelessly.

You are having trouble grasping what happened: manslaughter and 3rd degree murder are two separate charges. 3rd degree murder carries a sentence up to 25 years and maybe more based on aggravating circumstances. Does not require intent to kill or injure, just "depraved conduct."

Are you saying that Chauvin would have pled guilty to Murder 3 based on that? If he did he was going to jail for a long time for sure.

As to Murder 2, it is a reasonable charge but I can see the defense argument also. The issue is whether Chauvin was engaged in an aggravated assault after Floyd had been subdued. That issue does not equate to a "show trial." It is right in line with what prosecutors do every day of the week to other criminal defendants who happen not to be cops.
Booray
ATL Bear said:

It was the correct verdict. To the shock of many, the justice systems typically works when given an appropriate process to operate. The failures are primarily socio-economic due to poor representation. My only hope is that in the future we at least wait to start the riots after the investigation, charges, and trial verdict.

Remember Ahmaud Arbery? All four, including the video man are in jail awaiting trial and have been consistently denied bond due to fear of juror and investigation interference.
+1
bear2be2
BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Ignoring the obvious and unnecessary disrespect for a dead man who paid his debt to society and then some, only one of those two swore an oath to protect and serve. That we can't hold a so-called public servant to a higher standard without mental gymnastics from the protect/defend power at all costs crowd is telling. Some of you truly are pathetic boot lickers.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Ignoring the obvious and unnecessary disrespect for a dead man who paid his debt to society and then some, only one of those two swore an oath to protect and serve. That we can't hold a so-called public servant to a higher standard without mental gymnastics from the protect/defend power at all costs crowd is telling. Some of you truly are pathetic not lickers.
How can we hold them to higher standards when the majority of Democrats agree that all cops are *******s?

Look at this mainstream public opinion below:
Oldbear83
Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

You are having trouble grasping what happened: manslaughter and 3rd degree murder are two separate charges. 3rd degree murder carries a sentence up to 25 years and maybe more based on aggravating circumstances. Does not require intent to kill or injure, just "depraved conduct."

Are you saying that Chauvin would have pled guilty to Murder 3 based on that? If he did he was going to jail for a long time for sure.

As to Murder 2, it is a reasonable charge but I can see the defense argument also. The issue is whether Chauvin was engaged in an aggravated assault after Floyd had been subdued. That issue does not equate to a "show trial." It is right in line with what prosecutors do every day of the week to other criminal defendants who happen not to be cops.
I think the facts and evidence support Manslaughter, that is what I have always said. I think Chauvin knew he looked bad and was willing to plead Murder 3 in hopes of avoiding the spotlight and believing - wrongly - that doing so would get less of a sentence than fighting the case.

But the relevant fact is that the prosecutor wanted his show trial, and he got it. Floyd did not benefit from that, it was purely for the benefit of politics.
BylrFan
Well hardcore republicans sure respected the police when they breached the capitol, seems like no party respects the police
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Dubbicans said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

I think if you're someone who would feel good about either outcome then there's something seriously wrong with you. But LEO who are habitually disciplined and then go on to take another human's life should be held accountable. So yes, the fact that the prosecution did its job does make me feel better.
Good post, Dubbican. George Floyd was no model citizen but certainly didn't deserve to die for trying to pass a bogus $20 bill.

Not sure that second degree murder is a good fit for what occurred, but I am certainly no legal scholar. I think justice was done today.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Ignoring the obvious and unnecessary disrespect for a dead man who paid his debt to society and then some, only one of those two swore an oath to protect and serve. That we can't hold a so-called public servant to a higher standard without mental gymnastics from the protect/defend power at all costs crowd is telling. Some of you truly are pathetic not lickers.
How can we hold them to higher standards when the majority of Democrats agree that all cops are *******s?

We're not talking about all cops here. We're talking about one, who murdered a man on video. And some of you still can't get far enough past your tribal bull**** to condemn it for what it was.
Oldbear83
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

We're not talking about all cops here. We're talking about one, who murdered a man on video. And some of you still can't get far enough past your tribal bull**** to condemn it for what it was.
Bear2be2, Doc posted a clip of people directly chanting "ALL cops are ****", yet you pretend it's not an attack on all cops.

Doc is not the one wallowing in BS.
bear2be2
Oldbear83 said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Bear2be2, Doc posted a clip of people directly chanting "ALL cops are ****", yet you pretend it's not an attack on all cops.

Which poster on this board is part of that crowd? Posting a video completely unrelated to the conversation being had here is nothing a diversionary tactic meant to distract from, not add to the discussion.
Oldbear83
bear2be2 said:

Oldbear83 said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Which poster on this board is part of that crowd? Posting a video completely unrelated to the conversation being had here is nothing a diversionary tactic.
No, he's trying to help you see the problem you deny.

There is a national effort to demonize police, and while Chauvin was a bad cop, there are a lot of people in politics and the media who worked hard to use Floyd's death to smear all police.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Then why are millions wanting to abolish the police?
ATL Bear
bear2be2 said:

Oldbear83 said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Which poster on this board is part of that crowd? Posting a video completely unrelated to the conversation being had here is nothing a diversionary tactic meant to distract from, not add to the discussion.
Have you not seen the grandstanding and how this wasn't justice, and tearing down the system? You have your concerns extremely warped right now. It's the people who will undermine faith in the system in the face of clear justice who are the most dangerous to justice itself. People are intentionally tearing at our fabric and doing so in a more and more violent way. If the conviction of George Floyd's killer (a white LEO no less) is not a satisfactory outcome for many, there is no hope for changing perceptions.
boognish_bear
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Where are you getting that there are millions that want to abolish the police?

ATL Bear
boognish_bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

**Checks math against US population**. Yep, millions.
boognish_bear
ATL Bear said:

boognish_bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Do you really think by his use of the word "millions" he was trying to imply that only a small minority of Americans want to abolish the police?
T-REX
BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

so your happy that he was killed by a cop because you dont like his past actions? Come the hell on dude.
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
ATL Bear
boognish_bear said:

ATL Bear said:

boognish_bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Do you really think by his use of the word "millions" he was trying to imply that only a small minority of Americans want to abolish the police?
Do you think it requires a majority of Americans to implement this type of change? Policing is a local function, and those with the larger percentages of constituencies feeling this way are in the higher crime areas, so the impact is compounded.
BellCountyBear
bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

Ignoring the obvious and unnecessary disrespect for a dead man who paid his debt to society and then some, only one of those two swore an oath to protect and serve. That we can't hold a so-called public servant to a higher standard without mental gymnastics from the protect/defend power at all costs crowd is telling. Some of you truly are pathetic boot lickers.
And ignoring the leftist, political thug tactics around this trial makes you even more of a boot licker. Maxine Waters must be your idol.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.