Chauvin found guilty on all counts

10,258 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by quash
BellCountyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
T-REX said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

This is the right verdict, and remember: Chauvin was a piece of **** cop long before he killed George Floyd
And George Floyd was a piece of **** human. So does this make you feel better?
so your happy that he was killed by a cop because you dont like his past actions? Come the hell on dude.
Where do you see this anywhere in my statement? Just stick to your silly outfits.
boognish_bear
Raiders getting ratioed here

boognish_bear
robby44
Interesting I didn't see comments about cops resigning and folks demonizing cops when Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick was killed and the Capitol police were injured on January 6.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Buddha Bear
Doc Holliday said:

robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

It's too much of a liability to be a cop in this country.

Oh I don't know about that my brother in law, cousin and friend seem to be doing just fine on their respective forces. They haven't unjustly killed anyone so I guess that has something to do with it.
If they have to shoot/kill a non white person under any circumstance, they're now likely to be guilty of murder. it doesn't matter if they're truly justified and did their job properly, all the media has to do is create the prosecution...to hell with reality. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened with Chauvin, but they ignored Floyd's drug use contributing to death and pinned it all on the cop.

No, they listened to the damning testimony from Chauvin's peers and superior officers. When fellow cops are ripping him apart on the stand its a pretty open and shut case. Don't stick up for a murderous tax cheat.
SIC EM 94
robby44 said:

Interesting I didn't see comments about cops resigning and folks demonizing cops when Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick was killed and the Capitol police were injured on January 6.

He wasn't killed, you should realize that.

https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/85731
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Buddha Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Oh I don't know about that my brother in law, cousin and friend seem to be doing just fine on their respective forces. They haven't unjustly killed anyone so I guess that has something to do with it.
If they have to shoot/kill a non white person under any circumstance, they're now likely to be guilty of murder. it doesn't matter if they're truly justified and did their job properly, all the media has to do is create the prosecution...to hell with reality. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened with Chauvin, but they ignored Floyd's drug use contributing to death and pinned it all on the cop.

No, they listened to the damning testimony from Chauvin's peers and superior officers. When fellow cops are ripping him apart on the stand its a pretty open and shut case. Don't stick up for a murderous tax cheat.
Oh my God!!! Chauvin cheated on his taxes? THE HORRORRRRR!!!!!!!!! To Democrats, that is an exponentially much greater offense than murder. LOL!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Buddha Bear
Now that the perpetrator has been found guilty it will be interesting to see how the other 2 officers trials play out.

I don't necessarily believe the other 2 officers are guilty of anything, given it was their first week on the job. Will need to watch the trial to better understand. One of the officers even questioned Chauvin's actions, and Chauvin shut him down.

Kind of difficult for a cop to go against his superior officers instructions when it's their first week on the job. We'll really see if our system works as well as some thinks it does in the coming months.
BaylorBJM
Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

The reasons this was a bad decision are these:

A bad cop guilty of Manslaughter is convicted of Murder, because the jury was warned anything less would lead to violence. The mob is now more bold and will get worse.

Floyd was a criminal whose crimes and drugs put him into the situation. Yes, Chauvin was guilty of excessive force but Floyd would be dead by today anyway because of his choices, but what young black kids will hear is not that drugs and a life of crime lead to bad ends, but that if a black man dies, it's time to blame the cops.

Chauvin would have pled guilty last year to 3rd degree murder but the prosecutors wanted a show trial and politicians played it up for their cause. Absolutely disgusting to see Biden, Waters, Pelosi and others exploit the death of Floyd so shamelessly.

You are having trouble grasping what happened: manslaughter and 3rd degree murder are two separate charges. 3rd degree murder carries a sentence up to 25 years and maybe more based on aggravating circumstances. Does not require intent to kill or injure, just "depraved conduct."

Are you saying that Chauvin would have pled guilty to Murder 3 based on that? If he did he was going to jail for a long time for sure.

As to Murder 2, it is a reasonable charge but I can see the defense argument also. The issue is whether Chauvin was engaged in an aggravated assault after Floyd had been subdued. That issue does not equate to a "show trial." It is right in line with what prosecutors do every day of the week to other criminal defendants who happen not to be cops.
I think the facts and evidence support Manslaughter, that is what I have always said.

lol no it's not. Less than a week ago you were posting about how "the legal threshold for jail has not been met" and "how it is apparent how Mr. Chauvin did not cause Mr. Floyd's death."

https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/84724/replies/2120416
boognish_bear

boognish_bear
Mothra
boognish_bear said:

ATL Bear said:

boognish_bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

This is the right verdict, and remember: Chauvin was a piece of **** cop long before he killed George Floyd

Ignoring the obvious and unnecessary disrespect for a dead man who paid his debt to society and then some, only one of those two swore an oath to protect and serve. That we can't hold a so-called public servant to a higher standard without mental gymnastics from the protect/defend power at all costs crowd is telling. Some of you truly are pathetic not lickers.
How can we hold them to higher standards when the majority of Democrats agree that all cops are *******s?

Look at this mainstream public opinion below:

We're not talking about all cops here. We're talking about one, who murdered a man on video. And some of you still can't get far enough past your tribal bull**** to condemn it for what it was.
Then why are millions wanting to abolish the police?

Where are you getting that there are millions that want to abolish the police?

**Checks math against US population**. Yep, millions.

Do you really think by his use of the word "millions" he was trying to imply that only a small minority of Americans want to abolish the police?

I'm surprised you're trying to downplay it when large cities across the country have voted to defund the police. Are you really pretending that it's a small minority?
Mothra
robby44 said:

We talking about the guy who died from a stroke?

I think the jury got this one right. I'm just surprised we haven't seen the same level of fervor aimed at the black cop who killed Ashley Babitt, the unarmed white woman who tried to climb through a window at the capitol. Hell we don't even know the police officers name.

Seems her color and political affiliations made her death justified.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Mothra said:

robby44 said:

I'm just surprised we haven't seen the same level of fervor aimed at the black cop who killed Ashley Babitt, the unarmed white woman who tried to climb through a window at the capitol. Hell we don't even know the police officers name.

Agree with you here. Ashley Babitt was not a very nice person evidenced by her social media history. But she was put down like a dog and nobody seems to give a s h ! t! She was unarmed and had no weapon.

Obviously some lives matter and others do not. This needs to be fixed. Soon.

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
Here we go again, ugh.

A cop shot a black woman who was about to stab someone.

The narrative that it's racist and unwarranted is gaining speed.
SIC EM 94
Doc Holliday said:

Here we go again, ugh.

Likely the parent(s) of the girl that was about to get stabbed, side with the girl that got shot, before this is all over.
Canada2017
SIC EM 94 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Here we go again, ugh.

Likely the parent(s) of the girl that was about to get stabbed, side with the girl that got shot, before this is all over.
They better.
Proud 1992 Alum
Wow, Mark Davis has an epically bad haircut.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ImwithBU said:

Doc Holliday said:

Yea if your a crooked cop. Sad that a few ruin it for everyone. Kind of how rapist and a few BOR at Baylor ruined football
You and I don't agree on much, but this we do. The May 2015 assassination of Briles, Starr, and McCaw was a high tech lynching by the pious and high and mighty Baylor Board of Regents. Baylor's black athletes were thrown to the wind. I felt sorry for every single member of our 2016 football team. The news media portrayed each and every one of them as rapists and Baylor did NOTHING to protect or defend them.

I root for all of our sports teams, but not sure I will ever donate another dollar to Baylor.

-- Barack Obama
TexasScientist
Buddha Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

robby44 said:

Doc Holliday said:

There is no comparison of what he did and an officer having to shoot/kill anyone. He didn't have to kill that guy. He did it because he could out of indifference. They didn't ignore any of the evidence. That's the problem for Chauvin, they considered all of the evidence.
J.B.Katz
Buddha Bear said:

Now that the perpetrator has been found guilty it will be interesting to see how the other 2 officers trials play out.

I don't necessarily believe the other 2 officers are guilty of anything, given it was their first week on the job. Will need to watch the trial to better understand. One of the officers even questioned Chauvin's actions, and Chauvin shut him down.

Kind of difficult for a cop to go against his superior officers instructions when it's their first week on the job. We'll really see if our system works as well as some thinks it does in the coming months.
What kind of police department sends rookies out with a bad cop like Chauvin to learn the ropes? I feel sorry for those guys. At the same time, bystanders are filming and telling Chauvin that Floyd is unresponsive and these guys are standing there. You can hear Floyd saying he's in trouble until he stops. A dispatcher was so distressed about what she saw that she reported it to a supervisor and said "You can call me a snitch if you want to." More experienced officers definitely would have known what Chauvin was doing was wrong. WAs Chauvin such a bully or did he have such a bad rep nobody wanted to cross him?

A year and I still can't fathom what was going on in the man's head while he snuffed the life out of another man with his body. That's some sickass power trip. Since he pled the 5th we'll never know.
Canada2017
J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

A year and I still can't fathom what was going on in the man's head while he snuffed the life out of another man with his body. That's some sickass power trip. Since he pled the 5th we'll never know.
95% of the posters here wanted prison time for this rogue cop.

However jinxy if would be nice if you showed this same kind of outrage when cops are killed, children slaughtered by gangbangers , or an elderly white couple is murdered in a cemetery by a black guy.

But you won't of course...you can't.

As you are a full on racist.

quash
Mothra said:

robby44 said:

I think the jury got this one right. I'm just surprised we haven't seen the same level of fervor aimed at the black cop who killed Ashley Babitt, the unarmed white woman who tried to climb through a window at the capitol. Hell we don't even know the police officers name.

Seems climbing into the Capitol while disregarding the order of the officers made her death justified.

In fact, around here, shooting somebody for not following the rules is expected.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

robby44 said:

Seems climbing into the Capitol while disregarding the order of the officers made her death justified.

In fact, around here, shooting somebody for not following the rules is expected.
Don't disagree. But typically the officer is immediately doxed, prejudged as a murderer and racist, and charged with a crime before he is exonerated. I am curious why that same process didn't play out here.
Mothra
Oh, and I forgot to add that buildings and businesses are looted and destroyed in "peaceful" protests.
quash
Mothra said:

Oh, and I forgot to add that buildings and businesses are looted and destroyed in "peaceful" protests.
Why would you add that? I consistently distinguish between looting and protesting, so what point are you trying to make, if any, with that remark?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
robby44
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

Why would you add that? I consistently distinguish between looting and protesting, so what point are you trying to make, if any, with that remark?
Are you truly ignorant of the narrative in the media and on the Left that has attempted to characterize last years riots as "peaceful protests?"

Hmmm.
Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

robby44 said:

I would like to focus on this statement a little more. If an unarmed black woman was climbing through, say, the window of a govt. building during last year's "protests," and a white officer shoots her dead instead of using less deadly force, you're not suggesting that this would have been treated the same way, are you?
robby44
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExNmKtnW8Ac8W9F?format=jpg&name=large
Oldbear83
No bias in the choice of words there, nope.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
robby44
What's biased about the words armed and unarmed?
cms186
BellCountyBear said:

Dubbicans said:

last time I checked, being a petty criminal doesnt mean you lose your right to life, I thought your people thought life was sacred? or does that not apply once you commit a crime or make some mistakes in life?
I'm the English Guy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.