Chauvin found guilty on all counts

10,321 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by quash
sombear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Now that the perpetrator has been found guilty it will be interesting to see how the other 2 officers trials play out.

I don't necessarily believe the other 2 officers are guilty of anything, given it was their first week on the job. Will need to watch the trial to better understand. One of the officers even questioned Chauvin's actions, and Chauvin shut him down.

Kind of difficult for a cop to go against his superior officers instructions when it's their first week on the job. We'll really see if our system works as well as some thinks it does in the coming months.

A year and I still can't fathom what was going on in the man's head while he snuffed the life out of another man with his body. That's some sickass power trip. Since he pled the 5th we'll never know.
95% of the posters here wanted prison time for this rogue cop.

However jinxy if would be nice if you showed this same kind of outrage when cops are killed, children slaughtered by gangbangers , or an elderly white couple is murdered in a cemetery by a black guy.

But you won't of course...you can't.

As you are a full on racist.

I see this point made time and again on this board, whataboutism involving killings of other sorts.

There is no analogous whataboutism in your examples. What Chauvin's conviction represents is different because it is the outlier: a cop convicted of killing a citizen.

When non-LEOs kill somebody we expect the same justice: an arrest and a trial. But when it involves LEOs we often do not get an arrest or trial. That's the difference, and that's why *****ing about one and not the other is not hypocrisy or racism.

Another misnomer. Cops are charged. Chauvin is not an outlier. And, when they are not charged, who is to blame? Most cop killings of African Americans, as limited as they are, happen in cities, with far left courts, grand juries, and prosecutors. So, even if your claim was true, who is the bogeyman letting murdering cops skate?
quash
sombear said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Now that the perpetrator has been found guilty it will be interesting to see how the other 2 officers trials play out.

I don't necessarily believe the other 2 officers are guilty of anything, given it was their first week on the job. Will need to watch the trial to better understand. One of the officers even questioned Chauvin's actions, and Chauvin shut him down.

Kind of difficult for a cop to go against his superior officers instructions when it's their first week on the job. We'll really see if our system works as well as some thinks it does in the coming months.

A year and I still can't fathom what was going on in the man's head while he snuffed the life out of another man with his body. That's some sickass power trip. Since he pled the 5th we'll never know.

However jinxy if would be nice if you showed this same kind of outrage when cops are killed, children slaughtered by gangbangers , or an elderly white couple is murdered in a cemetery by a black guy.

I see this point made time and again on this board, whataboutism involving killings of other sorts.

There is no analogous whataboutism in your examples. What Chauvin's conviction represents is different because it is the outlier: a cop convicted of killing a citizen.

When non-LEOs kill somebody we expect the same justice: an arrest and a trial. But when it involves LEOs we often do not get an arrest or trial. That's the difference, and that's why *****ing about one and not the other is not hypocrisy or racism.

Another misnomer. Cops are charged. Chauvin is not an outlier. And, when they are not charged, who is to blame? Most cop killings of African Americans, as limited as they are, happen in cities, with far left courts, grand juries, and prosecutors. So, even if your claim was true, who is the bogeyman letting murdering cops skate?
Chauvin. The cop in the Botham Jean shooting. Sure, it happens.

The point is that cops are charged less often than known shooters in cases not involving a LEO shooter.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
BusyTarpDuster2017
So, the question still remains.....

.....was George Floyd killed because of his race?

Isn't that the narrative upon which the entire movement is based??
Does anyone know?
bear2be2
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Does anyone know?

The narrative behind the movement is that law enforcement officers often treat Black suspects and offenders differently than they do their white counterparts, and both the statistical and anecdotal evidence would seem to back that up. Black people, even those with nonviolent offenses, are often assumed to be and treated as threats, which adds unnecessary tension to these interactions. And people -- both cops and suspects -- do stupid, irrational things when they're scared.

But that's also what makes the Chauvin case so unique. He wasn't scared or making a split-second decision. He was just being a piece of **** bully. So did he kill Floyd because he was black? Who knows? But he put him in mortal danger because he felt like he could. And that situation probably doesn't get to that point if Floyd was white.
Sam Lowry
quash said:

sombear said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

The point is that cops are charged less often than known shooters in cases not involving a LEO shooter.
I would hope so, wouldn't you? If cops were charged at the same rate as other shooters, that would indicate a serious problem with their training.
bear2be2
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

sombear said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

I would hope so, wouldn't you? If cops were charged at the same rate as other shooters, that would indicate a serious problem with their training.

The nature of many of these recorded interactions would suggest there is a serious problem with their training -- or with these departments' hiring processes.
BusyTarpDuster2017
bear2be2 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Does anyone know?

The narrative behind the movement is that law enforcement officers often treat Black suspects and offenders differently than they do their white counterparts, and both the statistical and anecdotal evidence would seem to back that up. Black people, even those with nonviolent offenses, are often assumed to be and treated as threats, which adds unnecessary tension to these interactions. And people -- both cops and suspects -- do stupid, irrational things when they're scared.

But that's also what makes the Chauvin case so unique. He wasn't scared or making a split-second decision. He was just being a piece of **** bully. So did he kill Floyd because he was black? Who knows? But he put him in mortal danger because he felt like he could. And that situation probably doesn't get to that point if Floyd was white.
Your answer: "So did he kill Floyd because he was black? Who knows?"
Thank you. My point exactly.
And it's a lie to say this wasn't the narrative behind Floyd's death.
ImwithBU
sombear said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Other cops are the boogeyman. Been proven they falsified documents in George Floyd's death. Falsified documents in Breonna Taylor death. Countless videos of cops planting evidence on people. All of this acceptable because good cops don't call the ****ty ones out. FYI no one has been charged with falsifying documents in Floyd's death to this date
ImwithBU
bear2be2 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Does anyone know?

Well said. The fact that some act like this over their head proves they dont care or simply don't want to understand
Canada2017
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Bull

Jinxy is an old friend of yours. She has posted all kinds of racist garbage for years and you have always tried to defend it .
Whiskey Pete
It seems like like some of our resident posters aren't happy that justice was served and the pos cop is going to prison for a very long time.... or at least until he's shanked in the shower. What would make you happy?
ATL Bear
quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Oh, and I forgot to add that buildings and businesses are looted and destroyed in "peaceful" protests.
Why would you add that? I consistently distinguish between looting and protesting, so what point are you trying to make, if any, with that remark?
Are you truly ignorant of the narrative in the media and on the Left that has attempted to characterize last years riots as "peaceful protests?"

Hmmm.
I know that people like you refused to make the distinction.
While people like you were sure to conflate the two.

Bull**** and you know it. I was scrupulous all summer to make this distinction

What I recall was you constantly pointing out how peaceful the demonstrations were anytime someone pointed out the overwhelming amount of violence and destruction. You barely acknowledged it.

Oh, I'm sorry, did my attempt to point out that peaceful demonstrations were actually taking place diminish the overwhelming number of posts about looting? I'm sure the few times I focused on the looting contributed almost nothing to the dialogue. Wait, monologue.

Here's a clue: I don't have to meet your standard of concern for looting when you don't even make one attempt to acknowledge the protests that were peaceful. Hypocrisy much? Geez.

There was also a wonderful play the night Lincoln was shot.
bear2be2
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Oh, and I forgot to add that buildings and businesses are looted and destroyed in "peaceful" protests.
Why would you add that? I consistently distinguish between looting and protesting, so what point are you trying to make, if any, with that remark?
Are you truly ignorant of the narrative in the media and on the Left that has attempted to characterize last years riots as "peaceful protests?"

Hmmm.

What I recall was you constantly pointing out how peaceful the demonstrations were anytime someone pointed out the overwhelming amount of violence and destruction. You barely acknowledged it.

Oh, I'm sorry, did my attempt to point out that peaceful demonstrations were actually taking place diminish the overwhelming number of posts about looting? I'm sure the few times I focused on the looting contributed almost nothing to the dialogue. Wait, monologue.

Here's a clue: I don't have to meet your standard of concern for looting when you don't even make one attempt to acknowledge the protests that were peaceful. Hypocrisy much? Geez.

The difference is the actors in that case weren't/aren't lumped in with the assassins.

There's rarely been any effort made on this board to separate the protestors from the rioters despite the fact that, in most cases, those were two distinctly different groups.
sombear
ImwithBU said:

sombear said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Other cops are the boogeyman. Been proven they falsified documents in George Floyd's death. Falsified documents in Breonna Taylor death. Countless videos of cops planting evidence on people. All of this acceptable because good cops don't call the ****ty ones out. FYI no one has been charged with falsifying documents in Floyd's death to this date
I don't doubt this happens, but again, someone above and/or outside the police force is making these decisions on arrest and enforcement, so who is it? Liberal grand juries, liberal attorneys' general, liberal DAs, liberal judges? Answer: None of the above. Murdering cops are charged and convicted as much as any other murderers. I am truly curious though: What docs were falsified in BT and GF? I hadn't heard about this. And weren't all those cops fired? That seems to me appropriate for falsifying. Difficult to prove on the criminal end.
Waco1947
"I just don't understand how it got from a counterfeit $20 bill to a death. It kind of shocks me," Christensen said.
One expert witness in particular swayed her Dr. Martin Tobin, a renowned pulmonologist called by the prosecution to explain precisely how Floyd died on May 25, 2020.
Tobin testified for hours, analyzing footage of the incident obtained from officers' body cameras and bystanders in order to illustrate how Floyd struggled to draw air into his lungs and then, after several minutes, died.
"I just felt like the prosecution made a really good, strong argument. Dr. Tobin was the one that really did it for me. He explained everything. I understood it down to where he said this is the moment that he lost his life really got to me," Lisa Christensen, alternate juror, said on CBS.

$20 counterfeit bill? Lord, have mercy on us for Chauvin cruelty,
sombear
Waco1947 said:

"I just don't understand how it got from a counterfeit $20 bill to a death. It kind of shocks me," Christensen said.
One expert witness in particular swayed her Dr. Martin Tobin, a renowned pulmonologist called by the prosecution to explain precisely how Floyd died on May 25, 2020.
Tobin testified for hours, analyzing footage of the incident obtained from officers' body cameras and bystanders in order to illustrate how Floyd struggled to draw air into his lungs and then, after several minutes, died.
"I just felt like the prosecution made a really good, strong argument. Dr. Tobin was the one that really did it for me. He explained everything. I understood it down to where he said this is the moment that he lost his life really got to me," Lisa Christensen, alternate juror, said on CBS.

I've been clear on Chauvin, so not justifying ANYTHING. But I do want to address a common theme that counterfeiting is petty. Counterfeiting is a federal offense and major focus of law enforcement. My sister's best friend from high school was an FBI agent in Chicago who spent much of her career in the counterfeiting division. Counterfeiters are the worst of worst. Violence and killing are common in the trade. Obviously, nothing I've seen suggests Floyd had anything to do with it. But, guess how the FBI makes its biggest busts? Starting at the bottom with otherwise innocent users of counterfeit $ and tracing that way. Just wanted to add that context.
SIC EM 94
ImwithBU said:

sombear said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

I haven't seen anything about "falsifying documents"...can you share a link to that information please?
quash
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

sombear said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Duh. But there are things we can do to reduce that, and it goes beyond "follow the rules" and "Don't be a racist".

Second, I'm talking about instances where the shooting deserves the same kind of investigation as we get when no LEO is involved.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Bull

Jinxy is an old friend of yours. She has posted all kinds of racist garbage for years and you have always tried to defend it .
Jinx is not an old friend of mine. It is weird how you think you know personal facts about me that you don't.

You may not notice I don't get involved very often in the "Nuh uh, YOU'RE a racist" game. The issue here, again, is not about race itself but that our system of accountability differs for LEOs.
Oldbear83
Good old quash, back to virtue signaling and doing a proper impression of Caiaphas holding court.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
ATL Bear
bear2be2 said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Hmmm.

The difference is the actors in that case weren't/aren't lumped in with the assassins.

There's rarely been any effort made on this board to separate the protestors from the rioters despite the fact that, in most cases, those were two distinctly different groups.
As there's no effort to acknowledge the integration of protesters and looters, especially these days of late.
quash
ATL Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Hmmm.

As there's no effort to acknowledge the integration of protesters and looters, especially these days of late.
Or segregate them.

I only read a handful of reporting on Jan 6 but most of the pieces noted that the rally had X thousand and the Capitol building had X hundred. That counts as an effort to distinguish protesters to me.
Oldbear83
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

bear2be2 said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Hmmm.

Or segregate them.

I only read a handful of reporting on Jan 6 but most of the pieces noted that the rally had X thousand and the Capitol building had X hundred. That counts as an effort to distinguish protesters to me.
One thing that was very badly handled, was media coverage of the summer ... events ... in various Northwest and Rust Belt cities.

There is this iconic image from last summer:

which gained a lot of well-deserved scorn for its obvious hypocrisy,

but it should be recognized that CNN and major media really made no effort to address the riots. This was really stupid because people knew the riots were happening, so naturally some folks conflated 'protests' into 'riots'.

Others believed there was a difference, but we never saw any of the networks show us, for example, x number of rioters over here versus y number of protesters over there.

I leave it to the reader to decide if that was intentional, but it was piss-poor journalism.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Baylor3216
ImwithBU said:

sombear said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Can you post some of these videos of cops planting evidence on people? That would be very interesting to see

Don't post the chris rock he got weed video
SIC EM 94
Baylor3216 said:

ImwithBU said:

sombear said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Can you post some of these videos of cops planting evidence on people? That would be very interesting to see

I'm still waiting on all those "falsified documents" as well.
Baylor3216
SIC EM 94 said:

Baylor3216 said:

ImwithBU said:

sombear said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

I'm still waiting on all those "falsified documents" as well.

The most shocking thing to come out of the trial was to finally learn who "mama" was.

Our media has truly failed all Americans.
SIC EM 94
Who was "mama"?
Baylor3216
SIC EM 94 said:

Who was "mama"?

It's irrelevant but was interesting his on again off again girlfriend, in his cell phone as "mama", testified that that's what he called her.

She also said she believed he was calling his mama

SIC EM 94
Baylor3216 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Who was "mama"?

It's irrelevant but was interesting his on again off again girlfriend, in his cell phone as "mama", testified that that's what he called her.

I was just curious...agree it's irrelevant.
Baylor3216
SIC EM 94 said:

Baylor3216 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Who was "mama"?

I was just curious...agree it's irrelevant.

Understood. I found it curious as you'd never hear it from our propagandists at cnn etc
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Give it a rest. Everyone here said the cop belongs in jail. There was a trial and guess what... the cop is in jail. Justice has been served, unless of course that's not enough for you
Canada2017
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Bull

Jinx is not an old friend of mine. It is weird how you think you know personal facts about me that you don't.

You may not notice I don't get involved very often in the "Nuh uh, YOU'RE a racist" game. The issue here, again, is not about race itself but that our system of accountability differs for LEOs.
You are most definitely 'associates'.

quash
Baylor3216 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

Who was "mama"?

What is shocking about that? (I didn't watch the trial.)
quash
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Bull

You sound so certain, anonymous internet stranger. Tell me more about my association with Jinx.

Canada2017
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Bull

You sound so certain, anonymous internet stranger. Tell me more about my association with Jinx.

I am certain, internet goofus.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.