Chauvin found guilty on all counts

10,083 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by quash
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Now that the perpetrator has been found guilty it will be interesting to see how the other 2 officers trials play out.

I don't necessarily believe the other 2 officers are guilty of anything, given it was their first week on the job. Will need to watch the trial to better understand. One of the officers even questioned Chauvin's actions, and Chauvin shut him down.

Kind of difficult for a cop to go against his superior officers instructions when it's their first week on the job. We'll really see if our system works as well as some thinks it does in the coming months.

A year and I still can't fathom what was going on in the man's head while he snuffed the life out of another man with his body. That's some sickass power trip. Since he pled the 5th we'll never know.
95% of the posters here wanted prison time for this rogue cop.

However jinxy if would be nice if you showed this same kind of outrage when cops are killed, children slaughtered by gangbangers , or an elderly white couple is murdered in a cemetery by a black guy.

But you won't of course...you can't.

As you are a full on racist.

I see this point made time and again on this board, whataboutism involving killings of other sorts.

There is no analogous whataboutism in your examples. What Chauvin's conviction represents is different because it is the outlier: a cop convicted of killing a citizen.

When non-LEOs kill somebody we expect the same justice: an arrest and a trial. But when it involves LEOs we often do not get an arrest or trial. That's the difference, and that's why *****ing about one and not the other is not hypocrisy or racism.

Bull

Jinxy is an old friend of yours. She has posted all kinds of racist garbage for years and you have always tried to defend it .
Jinx is not an old friend of mine. It is weird how you think you know personal facts about me that you don't.

You may not notice I don't get involved very often in the "Nuh uh, YOU'RE a racist" game. The issue here, again, is not about race itself but that our system of accountability differs for LEOs.
You are most definitely 'associates'.

You sound so certain, anonymous internet stranger. Tell me more about my association with Jinx.

I am certain, internet goofus.

You are certainly wrong.

And without evidence.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Now that the perpetrator has been found guilty it will be interesting to see how the other 2 officers trials play out.

I don't necessarily believe the other 2 officers are guilty of anything, given it was their first week on the job. Will need to watch the trial to better understand. One of the officers even questioned Chauvin's actions, and Chauvin shut him down.

Kind of difficult for a cop to go against his superior officers instructions when it's their first week on the job. We'll really see if our system works as well as some thinks it does in the coming months.

A year and I still can't fathom what was going on in the man's head while he snuffed the life out of another man with his body. That's some sickass power trip. Since he pled the 5th we'll never know.

However jinxy if would be nice if you showed this same kind of outrage when cops are killed, children slaughtered by gangbangers , or an elderly white couple is murdered in a cemetery by a black guy.

I see this point made time and again on this board, whataboutism involving killings of other sorts.

There is no analogous whataboutism in your examples. What Chauvin's conviction represents is different because it is the outlier: a cop convicted of killing a citizen.

When non-LEOs kill somebody we expect the same justice: an arrest and a trial. But when it involves LEOs we often do not get an arrest or trial. That's the difference, and that's why *****ing about one and not the other is not hypocrisy or racism.

Bull

Jinxy is an old friend of yours. She has posted all kinds of racist garbage for years and you have always tried to defend it .
Jinx is not an old friend of mine. It is weird how you think you know personal facts about me that you don't.

You may not notice I don't get involved very often in the "Nuh uh, YOU'RE a racist" game. The issue here, again, is not about race itself but that our system of accountability differs for LEOs.

You sound so certain, anonymous internet stranger. Tell me more about my association with Jinx.

You are certainly wrong.

And without evidence.

Looking at various threads the past week, posting bold claims without evidence has become quite the fashion.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canada2017
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Bull

You are certainly wrong.

And without evidence.

chuckle ...'evidence'

From the guy who literally changes other peoples comments then ' quotes' the altered piece.

quash
Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

quash said:

Canada2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

Buddha Bear said:

Bull

You are certainly wrong.

And without evidence.

chuckle ...'evidence'

From the guy who literally changes other peoples comments then ' quotes' the altered piece.

You are plainly thinking of someone else.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Jack Bauer
Uh-oh...
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/may/3/brandon-mitchell-derek-chauvin-juror-who-attended-/

Quote:

Brandon Mitchell, Derek Chauvin juror who attended pre-trial rally, may jeopardize guilty verdict Washington Times. Mitchell, 31, answered "no" when asked during jury selection if he had attended any protests for George Floyd.
https://t.co/9cn0tlFRX7
John DePetro Show (@JohnDePetroshow) May 4, 2021

Quote:

Will this picture get Derek Chauvin an appeal? Juror wore 'Get Your Knee Off Our Necks' T-shirt and lied about it
Read more: https://t.co/SfHNZhhhVX pic.twitter.com/841Li9Ds6D
Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) May 4, 2021

SIC EM 94
Jack Bauer said:

Uh-oh...
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/may/3/brandon-mitchell-derek-chauvin-juror-who-attended-/

Quote:

Brandon Mitchell, Derek Chauvin juror who attended pre-trial rally, may jeopardize guilty verdict Washington Times. Mitchell, 31, answered "no" when asked during jury selection if he had attended any protests for George Floyd.

Quote:

Will this picture get Derek Chauvin an appeal? Juror wore 'Get Your Knee Off Our Necks' T-shirt and lied about it

Cancel the champagne party...this idiot juror just may have screwed the entire trial!
quash
SIC EM 94 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Uh-oh...

Quote:

Quote:

Cancel the champagne party...this idiot juror just may have screwed the entire trial!
Not sure about the party, it was just a verdict.

This juror apparently mucked it up.

In Texas this would get a harmless error pass.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.