We're all tired of this and want it behind us..BUT

4,902 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carlos Cruz said:

Sam Lowry said:

There's a lot of irrational fear going around these days. Mainly the irrational fear of doing anything that could potentially inconvenience the virus.

Lions and tigers and needles, oh my.

Yes, we need to do what the government and popular culture requires of us. They are powerful anti-viral agents. Just ask the genius Little Lord Fauntleroy Fauci, who has conquered Aids and Covid with a mere hundreds of billions in funding.

Mask up and get your shots, cowards.
I trust the Trump vaccines
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

There's a lot of irrational fear going around these days.
The irony in this post is remarkable.
Mothra
Bexar Pitts said:

Carlos , I guess you might call it "skeerrrddd"..Whatever words makes you feel complacent . Ben Franklin, when referring to fire prevention in Philadelphia, coined the phrase that 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." I think it's up to us as citizens of the planet to find ways to protect ourselves from threats from all types of sources, and why that upsets some people I'll never understand. It's a simple question of being proactive in method and deed to enrich the lives and safety of those around us..and that circle can be as wide or as small as you wish. I'll stop here, you're an intelligent person and get my point.
I don't disagree with this in principle, but truly, what should we be doing as citizens of the United States in response to the terrible situation in India? Every adult who wants a vaccination in our country has the right to it. And the numbers continue to decline. That being the case, shall we continue to wear masks and socially distance for weeks and months when everyone who wants a vaccine has received one (free of charge)?

We are lucky to live in a country where we have access to such health care. The India numbers will go down once the vaccine becomes more available there as well. But I am not sure continuing a months long campaign of masking and distancing serves any good purpose in the U.S., other than it satisfies the virtue signalers.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Carlos , I guess you might call it "skeerrrddd"..Whatever words makes you feel complacent . Ben Franklin, when referring to fire prevention in Philadelphia, coined the phrase that 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." I think it's up to us as citizens of the planet to find ways to protect ourselves from threats from all types of sources, and why that upsets some people I'll never understand. It's a simple question of being proactive in method and deed to enrich the lives and safety of those around us..and that circle can be as wide or as small as you wish. I'll stop here, you're an intelligent person and get my point.
I don't disagree with this in principle, but truly, what should we be doing as citizens of the United States in response to the terrible situation in India? Every adult who wants a vaccination in our country has the right to it. And the numbers continue to decline. That being the case, shall we continue to wear masks and socially distance for weeks and months when everyone who wants a vaccine has received one (free of charge)?

We are lucky to live in a country where we have access to such health care. The India numbers will go down once the vaccine becomes more available there as well. But I am not sure continuing a months long campaign of masking and distancing serves any good purpose in the U.S., other than it satisfies the virtue signalers.
I agree with the bolded above

The guidance for summer camp kids is ridiculous
It is more above CYA than public health
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Bexar Pitts said:

I agree with the bolded above

The guidance for summer camp kids is ridiculous
It is more above CYA than public health
It satisfies the virtue signalers. We have cousins in Connecticut whose kids run track. They had a track meet this past weekend - outdoors - in which the kids participating had to wear masks while competing. Even the CDC has now come out and said there's literally no evidence whatsoever that wearing masks outdoors make any difference. It's absurd.
Bexar Pitts
Mothra said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Your points are well taken..Caution should always be tempered by common sense..In some cases , an overreaction may indeed have let the pursuit of the perfect become the enemy of the good..Guess that's part of the "human condition" that we all have experienced in our everyday lives.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.