We're all tired of this and want it behind us..BUT

4,889 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
India thought they had it controlled in Feb. https://www.reuters.com/world/india/indias-daily-coronavirus-cases-climb-new-world-record-hospitals-buckle-2021-04-24/
cms186
the situation in India is really concerning, this is their second wave, right?
I'm the English Guy
Bexar Pitts
cms186 said:

I believe that's correct. The article mentions that the Govt. believed that the virus was being controlled in Feb. Now they're experiencing a huge second surge...probably for a myriad of reasons. The situation appears much worse than ours did with the first US wave..Overcrowded living conditions is surely in the mix for causation of the rapid spread.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Democrats and liberal media have long long arms my friend. Fear not.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Baylor3216
Why is China Joe doing nothing to get them oxygen and the needed raw materials for the miracle vaccine?

Even Trump solved ventilator and oxygen issues in a matter of weeks.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

I believe that's correct. The article mentions that the Govt. believed that the virus was being controlled in Feb. Now they're experiencing a huge second surge...probably for a myriad of reasons. The situation appears much worse than ours did with the first US wave..Overcrowded living conditions is surely in the mix for causation of the rapid spread.
India has 1.1 billion people. China has 1.4 billion people. These two countries account for 1/3 of the world's population.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Bexar Pitts
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

India has 1.1 billion people. China has 1.4 billion people. These two countries account for 1/3 of the world's population.
India's population is concentrated in a much smaller area. That's the biggest difference.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Bexar Pitts said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

India's population is concentrated in a much smaller area. That's the biggest difference.
We now have a vaccine. Actually three vaccines. Covid is done for. I have no doubt that any of the world's 7.2 billion people that cannot afford a vaccine that Joe Biden will pay for compliments of the American taxpayer. That is a given based on what we have seen the last 90 days.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Baylor3216
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

People in that part of the world really like Barry white
Osodecentx
Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

Reporting 300,000 new cases daily
Bexar Pitts
Osodecentx said:

Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

India was/is a recipe for disaster in this pandemic..They are projected to overtake China by 2024 as the world's most populous nation, with 1/3 of the world's global poverty being within their borders.They have an extremely high rate of illiteracy, and 25 percent of their population lives on less than 2 dollars a day. The news clips of the open air crematoriums now in use are sad to see, and this pandemic with its ever increasing variant strains will wind up taking a heavy toll. They are trying to vaccinate as fast as they can, but the sheer numbers of people are staggering.
jupiter

jupiter

jupiter

jupiter

Baylor3216
Bexar Pitts said:

Osodecentx said:

Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

India was/is a recipe for disaster in this pandemic..They are projected to overtake China by 2024 as the world's most populous nation, with 1/3 of the world's global poverty being within their borders.They have an extremely high rate of illiteracy, and 25 percent of their population lives on less than 2 dollars a day. The news clips of the open air crematoriums now in use is sad to see, and this pandemic with its ever increasing variant strains will wind up taking a heavy toll. They are trying to vaccinate as fast as they can, but the sheer numbers of people are staggering.

Sounds like a perfect location for mass immigration to the USA. Only problem is they generally vote R

We can continue to pour in the illiterate from Central America to vote D and take your children's money and jobs and college positions
Bexar Pitts
Baylor3216 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Osodecentx said:

Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

India was/is a recipe for disaster in this pandemic..They are projected to overtake China by 2024 as the world's most populous nation, with 1/3 of the world's global poverty being within their borders.They have an extremely high rate of illiteracy, and 25 percent of their population lives on less than 2 dollars a day. The news clips of the open air crematoriums now in use is sad to see, and this pandemic with its ever increasing variant strains will wind up taking a heavy toll. They are trying to vaccinate as fast as they can, but the sheer numbers of people are staggering.

Sounds like a perfect location for mass immigration to the USA. Only problem is they generally vote R

We can continue to pour in the illiterate from Central America to vote D and take your children's money and jobs and college positions
I've sworn off politics..at least for awhile. :-) Maybe you could run for office and clean up some of the mess in government? Somebody needs to.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
If illiterate illegal aliens take your kids spot in college.......
Baylor3216
Bexar Pitts said:

Baylor3216 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Osodecentx said:

Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

I've sworn off politics..at least for awhile. :-) Maybe you could run for office and clean up some of the mess in government? Somebody needs to.

It's literally the politics board.
Baylor3216
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

If illiterate illegal aliens take your kids spot in college.......

....You've elected Democrats (except Biden wouldn't let you say those evil words)
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Liar. Ive never voted for a democrat over the county level and that was a one time deal in the ealry 80's.
Bexar Pitts
Baylor3216 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Baylor3216 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Osodecentx said:

Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

It's literally the politics board.
Then you shouldn't have a hard time finding a thread that is political in nature.
ATL Bear
There are two massive failures by the Indian government. The first was an inability to get oxygen supplies, and they even had situations where private entities were controlling local supply. The other failure was a national pride factor that led to a focus on locally developed vaccines and they even put import controls on other vaccine types, something they're having to remedy to get help from other countries. And in the background has been national elections across the country which has refrained politicians from forcing closures, in particular the theaters which are hugely popular in India.

We might actually see natural herd immunity on a mass scale here as the population size is so great that infection spread will likely outpace the ability to vaccinate at that scale. We worked with the local government to get our employees vaccinated. I know of 2 employees who still got Covid post vaccination but were mild. They are saying 1 out of 3 tests are coming back positive right now there, and that real numbers of new cases per day aren't ~ 350,000 but closer to 700-800,000.
jupiter

Florda_mike
Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

I think what we needon Sicem365 is thread limits on COVID related threads, as in no more COVID threads!

Enough already

Numbers are manipulated for government benefiting themselves. I know of government manipulation techniques of deaths in Vietnam. It was terrible what was done then and I can't imagine how deceitful it could be 55 years later with these liars
Bexar Pitts
ATL Bear said:

There are two massive failures by the Indian government. The first was an inability to get oxygen supplies, and they even had situations where private entities were controlling local supply. The other failure was a national pride factor that led to a focus on locally developed vaccines and they even put import controls on other vaccine types, something they're having to remedy to get help from other countries. And in the background has been national elections across the country which has refrained politicians from forcing closures, in particular the theaters which are hugely popular in India.

We might actually see natural herd immunity on a mass scale here as the population size is so great that infection spread will likely outpace the ability to vaccinate at that scale. We worked with the local government to get our employees vaccinated. I know of 2 employees who still got Covid post vaccination but were mild. They are saying 1 out of 3 tests are coming back positive right now there, and that real numbers of new cases per day aren't ~ 350,000 but closer to 700-800,000.
Read a note this AM that the Indian variant is known as a "double mutant type", being extremely fast spreading and lethal. Herd immunity may indeed be what it takes to finally control the virus. Current vaccination rate is 5.2%, with current rate of infection of around 20%.Due to rapid spread, the author surmised in the next 15 days, the rate of infection may hit its peak at around 40%. Between these second surges in India and Brazil, the world has some eye opening stats to ponder... Edit: BTW, Florda..the day that I start letting people tell me what I should discuss in an open forum is the day after I'm planted. Don't read covid threads if you don't like them.
Oldbear83
"I think what we needon Sicem365 is thread limits"

Golf
Foxtrot
Yankee
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Bexar Pitts
Oldbear83 said:

"I think what we needon Sicem365 is thread limits"

Golf
Foxtrot
Yankee
Copy that 5x5.
BearsWinger
Florda_mike said:

Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

I think what we needon Sicem365 is thread limits on COVID related threads, as in no more COVID threads!

Enough already

Numbers are manipulated for government benefiting themselves. I know of government manipulation techniques of deaths in Vietnam. It was terrible what was done then and I can't imagine how deceitful it could be 55 years later with these liars
Really. And how many 'COVID vaccines will kill you' threads did you start again?
OsoCoreyell
You know how in the US the media doesn't allow anyone to say that this all originated in China or that China bears a BIG responsibility for the spread? Indian media doesn't have that problem.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
We should be more like India.
Oldbear83
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

We should be more like India.
I con-curry.
ATL Bear
Can you believe they were pushing to export their vaccine supply just a little over a month ago?
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Can you believe they were pushing to export their vaccine supply just a little over a month ago?
I can believe it. Demand is already waning in the US. If the anti-vaxxers and coviphiles have their way, we could easily follow suit.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

I can believe it. Demand is already waning in the US. If the anti-vaxxers and coviphiles have their way, we could easily follow suit.
Instead of complaining and whining, you could and should work on making the case for reasonable people to get vaccinated.

Hint: Coercion pisses people off.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.