Facemasks harmful

3,441 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wrecks Quan Dough
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://principia-scientific.com/65-studies-reveals-face-masks-do-cause-physical-harm/

Of course, the usual CCP Flu Nazis will shoot the messenger(IE me or the article source) so this isn't for them at all

I drop this nugget here, again, ONLY for those wanting to make informed decisions concerning their health and well being

God bless you all though
Guy Noir
I think the era where masks have been widely worn due to the pandemic is gradually coming to an end. The CDC announced this week (April 26th or so) that masks are not needed outside. Slowly we will see more and more "Masks optional areas" inside of buildings then, eventually the "Masks required will pretty much disappear.

I do believe that the wearing of masks and sanitizing of hands, etc has greatly reduced the number of flu and colds that last year.
Porteroso
Florda_mike said:

https://principia-scientific.com/65-studies-reveals-face-masks-do-cause-physical-harm/

Of course, the usual CCP Flu Nazis will shoot the messenger(IE me or the article source) so this isn't for them at all

I drop this nugget here, again, ONLY for those wanting to make informed decisions concerning their health and well being

God bless you all though

Then it's for me, because I want to always make informed decisions.

This looks less than peer reviewed, there are typos in the abstract. They are mainly trying to claim masks can cause psychological and social harm, which you are a perfect example of.

The physical harm is in their claim of reduced O2 levels, which we all know to be mostly false. It is true that because of the claustrophobic nature of masks, and the humidity created, people feel they can breathe less, but there is just as much O2 flowing into their lungs, assuming they breathe the same.
Forest Bueller_bf
Guy Noir said:

I think the era where masks have been widely worn due to the pandemic is gradually coming to an end. The CDC announced this week (April 26th or so) that masks are not needed outside. Slowly we will see more and more "Masks optional areas" inside of buildings then, eventually the "Masks required will pretty much disappear.

I do believe that the wearing of masks and sanitizing of hands, etc has greatly reduced the number of flu and colds that last year.
Yep, I got my first cold in about a year and a half this week. Almost forgot how miserable "just a cold" can make you.
Florda_mike
Porteroso said:

Florda_mike said:

God bless you all though

Then it's for me, because I want to always make informed decisions.

This looks less than peer reviewed, there are typos in the abstract. They are mainly trying to claim masks can cause psychological and social harm, which you are a perfect example of.

The physical harm is in their claim of reduced O2 levels, which we all know to be mostly false. It is true that because of the claustrophobic nature of masks, and the humidity created, people feel they can breathe less, but there is just as much O2 flowing into their lungs, assuming they breathe the same.

1. < peer reviewed = peer fear of being ostracized or worse, delicensed?
2. Typos? Spare me
3. Insult of my intelligence as you made my point
4. No reduced O2 with masks on? Seriously?
5. No reduced O2 flowing in lungs if you breath normally? Then why don't athletes wear them?

And YOU insult my intelligence? Wait, your post is certainly an insult to my intelligence!

My gosh I asked your ilk to not respond
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Last nights mask display at Biden's address was pure political theater. Just 200 people attended. All masked up and social distanced. Hasn't everyone in Congress gotten the vaccine? What kind of message does this send the country? Certainly not one of optimism and moving forward. Do the vaccines work or not?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
bear2be2
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Last nights mask display at Biden's address was pure political theater. Just 200 people attended. All masked up and social distanced. Hasn't everyone in Congress gotten the vaccine? What kind of message does this send the country? Certainly not one of optimism and moving forward. Do the vaccines work or not?

These questions have all been answered about 100 times. Don't pretend to care about the science.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

These questions have all been answered about 100 times. Don't pretend to care about the science.
So why don't you humor me with 101 times, smart guy. Why do people that are fully vaccinated have to wear a mask? Do the vaccines work or not?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Baylor3216
Lmao. Dude. For people with heart or lung problems this is a big deal. They just put an o2 sensor on their finger and bam the o2 drops.

I guess that ain't science. Maybe math? Is math science? We know math is racist.
Sam Lowry
Florda_mike said:

God bless you all though
So which one makes you more dead, the mask or the vaccine?
Florda_mike
Don't need mask Nazis to reply

Thanks for future observance of such
Sam Lowry
Florda_mike said:

Seriously, though, I'm worried. Covid was the second or third leading cause of death last year, but if masks are worse I need to know. Will they take the top spot in 2021? Or will the vaccine kill me first?
Porteroso
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

So why don't you humor me with 101 times, smart guy. Why do people that are fully vaccinated have to wear a mask? Do the vaccines work or not?

They are 95% effective, when it comes to stopping the virus from killing a person, or making them very sick. Exactly how less contagious people are, or how age factors into the vaccine's efficiency, is yet to be determined.

They don't call them novel viruses or novel vaccines because we know everything there is to be known. There is a lot out there we don't understand.

They wear masks at the speeches because as Floridaman pointed out, they are not athletes, and better safe than sorry.

I think that if you need hope, you shouldn't be looking towards our government. I think you'll not find much there.
Florda_mike
Sam Lowry said:

Florda_mike said:

Seriously, though, I'm worried. Covid was the second or third leading cause of death last year, but if masks are worse I need to know. Will they take the top spot in 2021? Or will the vaccine kill me first?

^^^ So many say this guy is smart???
nein51
Baylor3216 said:

Lmao. Dude. For people with heart or lung problems this is a big deal. They just put an o2 sensor on their finger and bam the o2 drops.

I guess that ain't science. Maybe math? Is math science? We know math is racist.

Is this considered a valid testing method? I have a pulse oximeter and probably 10 different kinds of masks. Would take much to take measurements.
Florda_mike
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

They are 95% effective, when it comes to stopping the virus from killing a person, or making them very sick. Exactly how less contagious people are, or how age factors into the vaccine's efficiency, is yet to be determined.

They don't call them novel viruses or novel vaccines because we know everything there is to be known. There is a lot out there we don't understand.

They wear masks at the speeches because as Floridaman pointed out, they are not athletes, and better safe than sorry.

I think that if you need hope, you shouldn't be looking towards our government. I think you'll not find much there.

1st para If you're survival rate is over 99% without the experimental drug called "vaccine" so pharma won't get sued then why take the jab and be only 95% short of death?

2nd para - "Novel virus" gives em a way out for every mistake they tell us about it, and they've about 180ed all they've previously said about this "novel!"

3rd - Not what I was saying! You said you get same amount O2 with and without masks, AND THAT IS DEAD WRONG, PITIFULLY WRONG!

4th - Agree 100% and that's partially point of thread
quash
Florda_mike said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

1st para If you're survival rate is over 99% without the experimental drug called "vaccine" so pharma won't get sued then why take the jab and be only 95% short of death?

2nd para - "Novel virus" gives em a way out for every mistake they tell us about it, and they've about 180ed all they've previously said about this "novel!"

3rd - Not what I was saying! You said you get same amount O2 with and without masks, AND THAT IS DEAD WRONG, PITIFULLY WRONG!

4th - Agree 100% and that's partially point of thread
How have you never seen a surgeon on the TV?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
LIB,MR BEARS
Sam Lowry said:

Florda_mike said:

God bless you all though
So which one makes you more dead, the mask or the vaccine?
whichever one squelches your liberty prior to your last breath. That is more dead than the other dead.
Guy Noir
I do not mind wearing a mask, but I cannot imagine wearing one to run an 800 meter race. I found this news story to be interesting.

https://ktvz.com/news/coronavirus/2021/04/26/summit-hs-runner-collapses-at-finish-line-coach-calls-for-revised-mask-mandate/
Florda_mike
Porteroso said:

Florda_mike said:

God bless you all though

Hey porteroso, read Guy post and link above and educate me on how masks don't effect O2 intake in this trackster?
TWD 1974
Guy Noir said:

I do not mind wearing a mask, but I cannot imagine wearing one to run an 800 meter race. I found this news story to be interesting.

https://ktvz.com/news/coronavirus/2021/04/26/summit-hs-runner-collapses-at-finish-line-coach-calls-for-revised-mask-mandate/

Wearing a mask in that situation was senseless. I lot of the rules and guidelines have been applied stupidly. If the worry was too many runners at the start, divide into heats. We know now that the virus spreads almost entirely indoors.
CO2 levels should not be a problem for mask use for healthy individuals in normal activity.

Why I still wear a mask ? In the words of the great philosopher/detective, You live long enough, you have regrets. And the ones that nag at you the most are the ones where you knew you had a choice.

I know this virus is real and dangerous because I have witnessed the deaths of people I know. People who hadn't been sick a day in 20 years who are now gone. If my mask lessens the chance of serious illness to someone, or encourages someone else to wear a mask that might prevent the spread to others, the nuisance it is for me is not worth questioning.. It is what I choose to do.
jupiter
Flu Has Disappeared Worldwide during the COVID Pandemic

The public health measures that slow the spread of the novel coronavirus work really well on influenza

Quote:

ince the novel coronavirus began its global spread, influenza cases reported to the World Health Organization have dropped to minuscule levels. The reason, epidemiologists think, is that the public health measures taken to keep the coronavirus from spreading also stop the flu. Influenza viruses are transmitted in much the same way as SARS-CoV-2, but they are less effective at jumping from host to host.

As Scientific American reported last fal, the drop-off in flu numbers was both swift and universal. Since then, cases have stayed remarkably low. "There's just no flu circulating," says Greg Poland, who has studied the disease at the Mayo Clinic for decades. The U.S. saw about 600 deaths from influenza during the 2020-2021 flu season. In comparison, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimated there were roughly 22,000 deaths in the prior season and 34,000 two seasons ago.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/flu-has-disappeared-worldwide-during-the-covid-pandemic/
jupiter

cms186
Florda_mike said:

Translation, "I dont like hearing opposing viewpoints to my own, so please let me turn this thread into my own little echo chamber so my snowflake ass doesnt get upset"
I'm the English Guy
Florda_mike
cms186 said:

Florda_mike said:

Translation, "I dont like hearing opposing viewpoints to my own, so please let me turn this thread into my own little echo chamber so my snowflake ass doesnt get upset"

Thanks English guy

Now ..... worry about your own cesspool in England
ATL Bear
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Please realize when using this stat that it's 95-99% reduction of the .05-3% chance of severe outcome. If you're a 35 year old vaccinated person who already was at a .01% or lower chance of severe outcome, you have reached infinitesimal chances for severe outcome once vaccinated. Even the most vulnerable get to significantly below a 1% chance of severe outcome with vaccination.
Florda_mike
The variable you omit is the experimentally doped(they call it "vaccinated") are stupified from fear of everything/anything that they will continue double/triple masking and isolating even though they've had experimental dope("vaccine???") they were told would save their lives

Why?
Vax zombies
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I pray you or your wife dont get the virus. How stupid would it look to go through or even lose a loved one knowing that you could have suffered through a free little shot and prevented it? I cant imagine how that would make me feel.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
ATL Bear
Florda_mike said:

The variable you omit is the experimentally doped(they call it "vaccinated") are stupified from fear of everything/anything that they will continue double/triple masking and isolating even though they've had experimental dope("vaccine???") they were told would save their lives

Why?
Vax zombies
Somewhere between you and Sam is reason.
quash
ATL Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

Why?
Vax zombies

Yes. And somewhere between 1-100 is 99.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

Why?
Vax zombies

Yes. And somewhere between 1-100 is 99.

so we are all in agreement; 1 is not 99, 100 is not 99, Quash is not reasonable; Sam is not reasonable.

Wrecks Quan Dough
jupiter said:

If, after Covid, masks are good for those feeling sick but healthy people would be exempt, then why should healthy people ever be forced to wear them in the first place?
Florda_mike
Carlos Cruz said:

jupiter said:

If, after Covid, masks are good for those feeling sick but healthy people would be exempt, then why should healthy people ever be forced to wear them in the first place?

^^^ Ya dam conspiracy theorist

Ha

You KNOW you'll never get an answer to that don't ya? They can't think their way out of a wet paper bag!
Whiskey Pete
Carlos Cruz said:

jupiter said:

This is an easy one... .because democrats love to tell people what people what they should and shouldn't do and they know how you should live your life more than you.

liberanazis are just sooooo smart
quash
Carlos Cruz said:

jupiter said:

The original basis was to prevent asymptomatic people from spreading Covid. Early on one reason for masks was that they were particularly useful for reducing larger droplets on surfaces. Now that our understanding has advanced it turns out Covid doesn't persist for **** on surfaces.

In any event it should have been left to schools, businesses, individuals etc. and not government mandate.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.