Is Anybody Else Tired of Hearing & Seeing Trump in the News?

9,185 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Malbec
Forest Bueller_bf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

Trump's alligator mouth, gigantic ego and poor demeanor have always been repulsive to me although I enjoyed watching the liberal pukes implode and cry out to Karl Marx.

I believe it is time to quit interviewing him, quit putting him up on a stage and hide him in Mar-a-Lago. He did his part and then screwed it up.

It's time for the conservatives to find the REAL 2024 candidate and start polishing him or her up.
I pretty much agree with this 100%.

Trumps time has expired, he is just too old for 2024.

He had his chance and simply doesn't have the personal demeanor to lead the country.

The R's have several solid conservatives that can get it done in 2024. They just need get on with it without Trump.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

If y'all are sick of Trump now, get ready to be a lot sicker by 2024. It's not just the left keeping him in the news. Republicans are at war with each other over leadership of the party. Predictable result of the Senate's cowardice in failing to repudiate him once and for all.
Translation to English: Some of Trump's policies resonated with lots of people, and are winning tactics for the next couple elections. This worries the Left.
I'll leave it to you to speak for the left. I know some of his policies resonated with me.
If you can admit that some of Trump's policies resonated with you, then you should be able to understand why Trump is still relevant to GOP plans even in elections where Trump himself is not running.
It's not an "admission." I openly supported him most of the time he was in office.
muddybrazos
Thee University said:

Trump's alligator mouth, gigantic ego and poor demeanor have always been repulsive to me although I enjoyed watching the liberal pukes implode and cry out to Karl Marx.

I believe it is time to quit interviewing him, quit putting him up on a stage and hide him in Mar-a-Lago. He did his part and then screwed it up.

It's time for the conservatives to find the REAL 2024 candidate and start polishing him or her up.
We already have him and his name is Ron Desantis. He's a navy veteran, he's America first, he handled the pandemic better than anyone else in the country and he scares the crap out of the libs bc they know he will be wildly popular. He's basically a better Trump without all the twitter spats and petty stuff.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Desantis sounds better than either party has offered for a long time.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

If y'all are sick of Trump now, get ready to be a lot sicker by 2024. It's not just the left keeping him in the news. Republicans are at war with each other over leadership of the party. Predictable result of the Senate's cowardice in failing to repudiate him once and for all.
Translation to English: Some of Trump's policies resonated with lots of people, and are winning tactics for the next couple elections. This worries the Left.
I'll leave it to you to speak for the left. I know some of his policies resonated with me.
If you can admit that some of Trump's policies resonated with you, then you should be able to understand why Trump is still relevant to GOP plans even in elections where Trump himself is not running.
It's not an "admission." I openly supported him most of the time he was in office.
More like 20-25% of the time, as I recall.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
By support do you mean voting and money?

If its just voting I would say it would be 0 or 50% or 100%.
HuMcK
He's not going away as long as the heavy-hitters in the party keep going to kiss his rings. Meanwhile Republicans are about to purge Liz Cheney out of leadership for acknowledging the objective truth that Trump lost in November.
Whiskey Pete
HuMcK said:

He's not going away as long as the heavy-hitters in the party keep going to kiss his rings. Meanwhile Republicans are about to purge Liz Cheney out of leadership for acknowledging the objective truth that Trump lost in November.

Cheney needs to go away as she's part of the establishment do nothing republicans that care more about the party than they do about the country.

The recent past history of the republican party has shown us that they and the democrats are nothing more than 2 sides of the same coin.
muddybrazos
HuMcK said:

I'm not sure why you don't understand the people who vote republican don't want the old GOP of Romney, Bush, Cheney etc. We are going to primary all of those types. They want foreign forever wars, unlimited immigration (illegal and legal) and they are not America first. We want what is best for middle class Americans not big tech, Israel, the billionaires or corporations.
Doc Holliday
muddybrazos said:

HuMcK said:

I'm not sure why you don't understand the people who vote republican don't want the old GOP of Romney, Bush, Cheney etc. We are going to primary all of those types. They want foreign forever wars, unlimited immigration (illegal and legal) and they are not America first. We want what is best for middle class Americans not big tech, Israel, the billionaires or corporations.
hUMCK has no concept of the establishment. He's anti populist as far as I can tell: complete faith in the intelligence community, federal government and everything in between if it's ran by a democrat.
riflebear
drahthaar
Thee University said:

Pretty much sums it up.
GOP leadership needs to muzzle the guy and move him out of center stage of the party (I am neither GOP nor Dem, although some think I am an ass).
The fact that the policies enacted under Trump helped the nation doesn't grant him the free pass to run in 2024--to the contrary, his antics dictate that he should never be at the helm again.
Oh, and let the election business go, Donald---you're holding the nation back with divisiveness, which is not just property of the current administration, CDC, Fauci, Cheney, Romney, Kerry ad infinitum.

Guy Noir
muddybrazos said:

HuMcK said:

I am sorry but I cannot make sense of your statement. The majority of Republications do not desire unlimited immigration. They support free market and do not support never ending wars.
Doc Holliday
Guy Noir said:

muddybrazos said:

HuMcK said:

I am sorry but I cannot make sense of your statement. The majority of Republications do not desire unlimited immigration. They support free market and do not support never ending wars.
All of them make the same claims.

However, the vast majority of their voting/policies do not reflect their claims: they continue to support mass immigration and forever wars.

They don't do what they say they're going to do.
muddybrazos
Guy Noir said:

muddybrazos said:

HuMcK said:

exactly, by "they" I mean the old GOP of Bush, Romney and Cheney. Those establishment neocons are done. The average repub voter wants jobs for Americans, lower taxes, less foreign wars, less spending and less foreign aid for crap like gender studies in Pakistan.
Oldbear83
"The fact that the policies enacted under Trump helped the nation doesn't grant him the free pass to run in 2024"

News flash - anyone can run, they don't need your permission.

And the fact that his policies worked, is kind of why so many people would support him over many alternatives in 2024.

I'd love to see a better alternative. But if it's Trump or Jeb, I go Trump. If it's Trump or Romney, it's Trump by a mile.

If you don't want to see Trump win the nomination in 2024, instead of attacking him, find someone better and get them to run.
HuMcK
muddybrazos said:

HuMcK said:

What you want is someone to tell you bias confirming lies while they pick your pocket. Cheney toes the party line in almost all respects, except for kissing Trump's ass. And all of this shameful denial of reality is in service of a reality TV conman, it would almost be funny if it wasn't happening to the country I love.
HuMcK
Rawhide said:

HuMcK said:

Cheney needs to go away as she's part of the establishment do nothing republicans that care more about the party than they do about the country.

The recent past history of the republican party has shown us that they and the democrats are nothing more than 2 sides of the same coin.

You have that precisely backwards.
Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

Rawhide said:

HuMcK said:

Nope, that would be you.
Whiskey Pete
HuMcK said:

Rawhide said:

HuMcK said:

Not likely
Thee University
HuMcK said:

Anybody hitching their wagon to those two losers are in for more Democrat yogurt enemas at the hands of Skeletor Pelosi, Hoochie Mama Cortez, Maxine "What's wrong with your natural?" Waters, Adam "gay rod" Schiff and Jerry "The Fat Penguin" Nadler.

Wipe Trump and Cruz from the face of conservative politics.

Now!

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

HuMcK said:

Anybody hitching their wagon to those two losers are in for more Democrat yogurt enemas at the hands of Skeletor Pelosi, Hoochie Mama Cortez, Maxine "What's wrong with your natural?" Waters, Adam "gay rod" Schiff and Jerry "The Fat Penguin" Nadler.

Wipe Trump and Cruz from the face of conservative politics.

Now!

Why no love for Ted Cruz? He is one of the small handful of conservative voices that remain. Cruz should stay but Trump needs to go. I would love to think that Trump would act as a king maker and endorse the next America First Republican candidate. I fear his ego is much too big for that and he will run and the Republicans lose bigly. No way in Hell the Democrats will allow a Trump win. By any means necessary. Fair and unfair.

The biggest question is will there be a Republican with big enough juevos to run against Trump if he decides to run in 2024? Right now, I don't think so.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Thee University
Ted Cruz is a pansy. We need to purge all of the effeminate RINOS that have leached off the Republican party. I'm sick of losers who can't fight their way out of a wet paper sack.

Cruz

Romney

McConnell

The list goes on.

Pansy-A$$ed lawyers.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
drahthaar
Oldbear83 said:

"The fact that the policies enacted under Trump helped the nation doesn't grant him the free pass to run in 2024"

And the fact that his policies worked, is kind of why so many people would support him over many alternatives in 2024.

I'd love to see a better alternative. But if it's Trump or Jeb, I go Trump. If it's Trump or Romney, it's Trump by a mile.

If you don't want to see Trump win the nomination in 2024, instead of attacking him, find someone better and get them to run.

Anyone can run but the trip isn't free. Heavy costs are paid just to get in the "race", beginning with the free permission of the parties. He should not get that from the GOP.

Your other comments are why Trump succeeded last go-around. Lowest common denominator effect or perhaps least worst choice.

And I'm older than you.
Oldbear83
drahthaar said:

Oldbear83 said:

Anyone can run but the trip isn't free. Heavy costs are paid just to get in the "race", beginning with the free permission of the parties. He should not get that from the GOP.

Your other comments are why Trump succeeded last go-around. Lowest common denominator effect or perhaps least worst choice.

And I'm older than you.
To your first point, you moved the goal posts, that's not what was originally said.

To your second, Biden is terrible for the country. Anyone who voted Democrat should hang their head in shame, even if the alternative was Trump.

Third, you may be older but my wife says I'm better looking. ;->
whiterock
Doc Holliday said:

muddybrazos said:

HuMcK said:

hUMCK has no concept of the establishment. He's anti populist as far as I can tell: complete faith in the intelligence community, federal government and everything in between if it's ran by a democrat.

He's totally establishment. His side owns all the stages, microphones, and cameras. They own the federal bureaucracy, college campuses, and administrators of urban public school districts. They own EVERY municipal administration of any size and corporate America panders to his every virtue posture. He embodies cultural hegemony, and doesn't even realize it.

False consciousness does that to people.

Doc Holliday
whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

muddybrazos said:

HuMcK said:

He's totally establishment. His side owns all the stages, microphones, and cameras. They own the federal bureaucracy, college campuses, and administrators of urban public school districts. They own EVERY municipal administration of any size and corporate America panders to his every virtue posture. He embodies cultural hegemony, and doesn't even realize it.

False consciousness does that to people.
It's ironic that that they embody Marxist definitions of the ruling class while they believe themselves to be the oppressed or saviors of the oppressed based on Marxist principles.

It's really odd that they can't see it.

At least people like us can see the entire thing as a sh it show lol
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Thee University said:

Ted Cruz is a pansy. We need to purge all of the effeminate RINOS that have leached off the Republican party. I'm sick of losers who can't fight their way out of a wet paper sack.

Cruz

Romney

McConnell

The list goes on.

Pansy-A$$ed lawyers.
i still don't understand how you put Cruz in this group. He is far from a RINO. I wish he was on the Supreme Court.

My biggest knock against Cruz right now is his Trump ass kissing.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
drahthaar
Oldbear83 said:

drahthaar said:

Oldbear83 said:

And I'm older than you.
To your first point, you moved the goal posts, that's not what was originally said.

To your second, Biden is terrible for the country. Anyone who voted Democrat should hang their head in shame, even if the alternative was Trump.

Third, you may be older but my wife says I'm better looking. ;->

Wholeheartedly agree on points two and three!
4th and Inches
I havent seen him once since Biden was inaugurated, isnt he in jail?
Porteroso
Carlos Cruz said:

bear2be2 said:

Carlos Cruz said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

Honestly haven't heard much from him since Twitter banned him. It has been very refreshing. He ended up being the biggest cancer to the conservative movement in decades. And the competition for that title is fierce.

Hope he enjoys his McDonalds and golf for his remaining years and we never hear from him again.

Not gonna happen as he is about to start his rallies again. But a guy can dream. Sigh.

Same. He's been out of sight, out of mind since the great, and well-earned Twitter ban of 2020.

Yes, the fascist outburst by your online overlords.
Everyone who creates a Twitter account agrees to the same rules. Trump was given an enormous amount of rope.

That's not fascism.
Yeah, those rules.... Seem to be enforced in a rather arbitrary and capricious fashion. It is fascist. It is their private property and they can be as fascistic as they want.

Excercizing personal freedoms is not fascistic... Did you go to TCU?
Wrecks Quan Dough
Porteroso said:

Carlos Cruz said:

bear2be2 said:

Carlos Cruz said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

Honestly haven't heard much from him since Twitter banned him. It has been very refreshing. He ended up being the biggest cancer to the conservative movement in decades. And the competition for that title is fierce.

Hope he enjoys his McDonalds and golf for his remaining years and we never hear from him again.

Not gonna happen as he is about to start his rallies again. But a guy can dream. Sigh.

Same. He's been out of sight, out of mind since the great, and well-earned Twitter ban of 2020.

Everyone who creates a Twitter account agrees to the same rules. Trump was given an enormous amount of rope.

That's not fascism.
Yeah, those rules.... Seem to be enforced in a rather arbitrary and capricious fashion. It is fascist. It is their private property and they can be as fascistic as they want.

Companies who survive solely because of a government exception to Free Speech laws and then turn around and censor ideas they disagree with is not an example of "exercising personal freedom." Try again. This time try harder and do better.
Doc Holliday
Porteroso said:

Carlos Cruz said:

bear2be2 said:

Carlos Cruz said:

bear2be2 said:

BearTruth13 said:

That's not fascism.

Social media acts as one entity that has the power to control public perception and elections. They're also loyal to one party.

Can we not pretend this is your local grocery store?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
It is private property and people still feel entitled. I thought the theme of feeling entitled to other peoples property was just a democrat idea. It has infested the republicans too. Stealing the fruit of another mans labor is so unbecoming.
whiterock
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

Cruz

Romney

McConnell

The list goes on.

Pansy-A$$ed lawyers.
i still don't understand how you put Cruz in this group. He is far from a RINO. I wish he was on the Supreme Court.

My biggest knock against Cruz right now is his Trump ass kissing.
Exactly right. Ted Cruz is at the very bottom of the list of "not conservative enough."

Cruz is doing exactly what he should be: working with Trump to forward the conservative agenda.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.