Share your thoughts

704 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
on
Billy Graham
Late Night TV
The Gospel
The Far East and religion
Anything else you can think of

Amazing crowds of people hungry for the good news
https://fb.watch/5eyUSL7tmi/
J.R.
LIB,MR BEARS said:

on
Billy Graham
Late Night TV
The Gospel

Really interesting post.

1) Loved that guy. What a godly man. I found him very spiritual and no so much religion. He didn't have ulterior motives. He just wanted to share Jesus without beating someone over the head with it. We need more of his ilk (RIP). Instead we have this clown Jeffress.

2) Don't stay up that much anymore. More of a Letterman, Collin guy.

3) I believe it to be true.

4) When you say Far East ...., I assume you are basically meaning the muslim countries and Asia and South Asia.. I'll address the Middle East/Muslim. Every religion has it's crazies, including Christianity. Muslims that are so radical that they want to create a Caliphate are a big, big problem. So are the Muslims that want to force Sharia Law on other are a problem. However, my personal experience has been much different. I dated a Muslim lady (Pakistani) and she is one of my best friends. She may be a little one off as she considerers herself "Muslim Lite". She is one of the best people I have ever met. She is currently observing Ramadan with her son (great kid) and they observe most Muslim holidays, so I have learned most of them. She is C suite exec at a fortune 200 company. She grew up in Canada, HS in Singapore, McGill U for undergrad, SMU MBA. I would have about zero issues joining her family. One of my other best friends is Hindu (Indian) and I am friends with many Indians who are Hindu. Have to admit, I don't understand Hinduism (all the gods and stuff)as well as I do the Muslim faith. However, my friend and her family are my family. Just sweet, sweet people and wicked and I mean wicked smart. I have been to Temple with her. She has been to church with me. My overarching point is that I judge people/religion on their own merits.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I respect B Graham.

I am a Christian but some of my beliefs are not mainstream. If I had to choose a different religion I have respect for Buddhism. Of course i would have nothing to do with reincarnaiton but I appreciate the concept of suffering and enlightenment. Buddha is not a god so I have visited many temples and nominally participated in some actions I am comfortable with.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Oldbear83
LIB,MR BEARS said:

on
Billy Graham
Late Night TV
The Gospel

Billy Graham

A good and faithful servant of the Lord, and a man who walked the walk. Sadly, he has not been followed by worthy successors.

Late Night TV

A wasteland, devoid of good writing or presentation.

The Gospel

The hope of Mankind, it's mocked or ignored by those who need it the most

J.R. wrote about the Middle East, so I will speak to the Far East. Asia has a lot of religion, but only a minority practice their faith seriously, so it's like the US that way. But Christians in Asia tend to be very serious about serving God by helping their neighbor and witnessing to others.

Most people are unaware that petroleum is not really a fossil fuel, but is created through a process involving microorganisms pressured for long periods of time, during which other carbons are included in the pool, which is one reason why petroleum comes in different grades.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.