I'm Going to Go Out on a Limb....

2,616 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

JXL said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

This woman is as bad as this deputy is good. That's an Olympic level performance in the restraint department on his part.

What a vile human being. The whole story is after this encounter, she then called internal affairs to file a complaint against this officer. That's why the body cam footage was released.
Ha! No better karma than the one they ask for.

If we want less demonizing of police we need to: have fewer laws that bring citizens into contact with police; abolish qualified immunity; have more good cops speak out about the bad ones; and, find a different gateway to mental health support than the criminal justice system.

You are so predictable it's amusing. Sure, let's just get rid of some laws because of the trash that can't seem to manage not breaking them. You want good cops? There won't be any, with half a brain, if you abolish qualified immunity. Why would an officer risk his own personal and financial well being, knowing full well he/she will be ruined financially if they have to pay for their own defense every time someone like this racist lady files a false claim against them?
I love this argument: I can't do my job if I have to follow the law. And here you are making it for... law enforcement officers.

Patently ridiculous. And dangerous.

Plus, this is not about making cops pay for their own defense, it is about a legal doctrine that makes cops unaccountable for gross violations of citizens civil rights.

But if you like the taste of boot leather you can have your fill.
Please, you are a lawyer. You know perfectly well what it would cost to defend this specific lawsuit - 10k minimum. Normal people are not going to join the force. Like every other profession, including yours, suing the employer is the way to go.
We have a real problem in this country and it arises out of qualified immunity.

What happened to y'all's mantra? "Follow the rules and you have nothing to worry about?

Or it that just for POC?

I don't see any issue with officers being held responsible for their actions...nobody should have a problem with that. The problem arises when a good officer is subjected to financial ruin, by having to finance their own defense, in situations where the allegation against them is frivolous or false.
We already have provisions for that. Everyone else is responsible for the harm they cause. I don't like asterisk law.

What provision protects the police officer or prison guard without qualified immunity from frivolous lawsuits filed by prisoners?
Judges. Rule 11.

Come on. Have you ever seen a judge toss a case solely on the petition? Officer is going to have to pay a lawyer to file an answer and a motion at a minimum And if you want the sanction of costs, that is an evidentiary hearing which will cost the officer. Now, let us see if that pro se citizen actually pays the sanction. Cop is out 2 to 3 K minimum on this Rule 11 fantasy.

Make all the things free.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

This woman is as bad as this deputy is good. That's an Olympic level performance in the restraint department on his part.

What a vile human being. The whole story is after this encounter, she then called internal affairs to file a complaint against this officer. That's why the body cam footage was released.

If we want less demonizing of police we need to: have fewer laws that bring citizens into contact with police; abolish qualified immunity; have more good cops speak out about the bad ones; and, find a different gateway to mental health support than the criminal justice system.

You are so predictable it's amusing. Sure, let's just get rid of some laws because of the trash that can't seem to manage not breaking them. You want good cops? There won't be any, with half a brain, if you abolish qualified immunity. Why would an officer risk his own personal and financial well being, knowing full well he/she will be ruined financially if they have to pay for their own defense every time someone like this racist lady files a false claim against them?
I love this argument: I can't do my job if I have to follow the law. And here you are making it for... law enforcement officers.

Plus, this is not about making cops pay for their own defense, it is about a legal doctrine that makes cops unaccountable for gross violations of citizens civil rights.

Please, you are a lawyer. You know perfectly well what it would cost to defend this specific lawsuit - 10k minimum. Normal people are not going to join the force. Like every other profession, including yours, suing the employer is the way to go.
Queef is a shyster? No way!
Well, he used to be. He is not anymore. Things have changed.

You just love being wrong, doncha.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

So you are still a shyster? Sorry. My bad.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

So you still beat your wife? Sorry.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Thee University said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

FormerFlash said:

So you still beat your wife? Sorry.
So you get upset when I say you're not a shyster and get upset when I say you are a shyster. Strange. You seem like one of these folks that just loves to bicker. You win.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.