It just gets more and more ridiculous

836 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sam Lowry
fadskier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05/04/eyes-of-texas-ut-austin/
geewago
It's just a matter of time before the name "WACO" will be called in question. That name derived from the Huaco Indians and I'm sure in some twisted way it can be proven to be racist.
LIB,MR BEARS
geewago said:

It's just a matter of time before the name "WACO" will be called in question. That name derived from the Huaco Indians and I'm sure in some twisted way it can be proven to be racist.
while I agree with the tone and intention of your post, I disagree with the use of the word "proven".
Forest Bueller_bf
Rich folk problems.

whiterock
geewago said:

WACO is an acronym for "we ain't coming out!" and thus an avatar for defiance of federal authority by religious gun nuts.

Definitely indefensible. .
Sam Lowry
Quote:

Students say protests over the song are not going away. Kendall Walker, a UT-Austin senior who is part of the student strike in the admissions office, said she thinks administrators wrongly assumed the issue would die down after the school formed a committee this past year to study the song's origins. UT-Austin President Jay Hartzell has repeatedly affirmed that the university will keep the song.

"I think this is the tip of the iceberg honestly," Walker said. "This is the beginning of it and people resisting that decision and not accepting a committee of people deem[ing] the song isn't racist. There's a whole generation of students and minority students that are equally and more mad than we are and don't want to enter a space that predetermined their opinions don't matter."
Then don't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.