Liz Cheney: The GOP is at a turning point. History is watching us

57,126 Views | 1080 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2be2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Kicking out Liz because she doe not like Trump is stupid.

Kicking out Liz because she is a piece of **** war monger and corporate money worshiping ***** is absolutely correct.
Liz is a never trump idiot that falls for and participates in false media narratives. She can be in congress if her constituents want her, but in no way should be in any kind of leadership position.
I wonder how many of the same posters who are arguing that Liz Cheney is a "war monger" who wants to keep us involved in endless conflicts also were all for the invasions post 9/11, argued Obama was an idiot for continuing the Iraq drawdown and think that maintaining stability in the Mid-East is of vital importance for energy reasons and to help Israel?

Also amazing that people who continually whine about politicians not sticking to their guns based on careerism will castigate someone for taking a position that is obviously the opposite of careerism.
Yep
is it really? Is she really going to get hurt if she loses her seat? is she really in it for Wyoming?

She lands on her feet no matter what. It's the people of Wyoming who finally get someone who represents them, and the GOP caucus in Congress who gets a leader who knows how to team-build rather than virtue posture.
The problem is the GOP not tolerating differences of opinion. If you don't line up with Trump you're out
Yeah. This is not the way to team-build.
Particularly when you're already fighting an uphill battle both demographically and in your silly religious culture war.

From a purely political standpoint, the Republicans' decision-making since 2015 has been utterly baffling.
Is it really silly to suggest that biological men should not be competing against biological women in sport? That's it in a nutshell. I can think of a number of non-religious reasons for opposing same.
curtpenn
J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

Trump continues to hold your full attention, I see.

There's more going on the world, you know ...
Because he holds the full attention of the GOP.
Nope, only the ones who respect what he did, and of course malignant haters like yourself.
So, what do you think today was about? Cheney was expelled for speaking the truth about Trump. It wasn't because she wasn't conservative. If Trump isn't the object of their attention, then how do you explain her expulsion?
No, this was not about "truth". This was about Cheney making an ass of herself.

Trump is gone, and so there is no reason to go on and on about him, for or against.

Stop pretending Cheney is anything other than a self-serving ass who abused her position for personal gain.

Personal gain of what?
In her case, like Mitt "Me First" Romney, the illusion that her antics would win her support in the party.
Okay, so when you say personal gain you mean political gain. Do you really think she failed to anticipate this result? And how is telling the truth an abuse of her position?
She was not "telling the truth", she was throwing a tantrum

Not a good plan, as it turned out.
You keep saying she was not telling the truth, but you are incorrect. I realize you do not like Ms. Cheney, but you are not showing any respect or objectivity to the judgement that she has made.
I get it, you hate Trump so any attack on him pleases you.

But the way Ms Cheney chose to , hmm, express her version of "truth" did not serve her constituents or her party.

I owe no respect to Ms Cheney, any more than you owe it to Mr. Trump.
you are truly the dumbest poster on this site. Truly unbelievable.
All you have is insults and empty braying. A mature adult would work on that, but not you.
and you come with ridiculous opinions not based on facts. Who would respect that non-sense?
Your "facts" are seldom based on truth; your posts are full of false premises producing questionable conclusions. Who would respect that "non-sense"?
are you a parrot?

At least a parrot can be taught. Unlike you.
curtpenn
Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

This issue is really, really simple. Ms. Cheney simply stood up for the truth which is Trump incited the insurrection and needed to be impeached in her opinion. She also has stood up for the TRUTH relative to the election was NOT stolen. Trump lost, but he continues to perpetuate THE LIE. The Republican Paryt of which I used to belong (now Independent) is nothing more than the party of Trump. If you are a Republican and refuse to perpetuate THE LIE, Trump will try to "primary you". Unfortunately, the majority of the Republican/Trump Party are gutless, cowardly people that are scared of Trump and are too concerned about being Trump turning on them and they won't get reelected so the cower in the corner and will not tell the truth and do what is right, save a couple...Romney, Kiinsinger ect. I give Ms Cheney credit for doing what is right and taking on that ****ing Bully. Just watch the pathetic flip flops from spineless Lindsey Graham and Kevin McCarthy. Just pathetic. I cannot believe that these grown ass adults let Trumps control them. Just sad. Again, Trump lost.....presidency, senate, and congress. What more do ya'll Trumpers not understand.
Everything you say is a lie.
Really? Please refute with facts, son.

You're not worth the effort and it wouldn't change your worthless opinions. Why bother?
because you are a blowhard who doesn't deal in facts. You said my post was all lies. I ask you to refute, and we get deflection from you and your ilk. Here are some facts that I will give you the opportunity to refute, once again.....You can blame Biden and his polices that will one enacted direction on Trump. Trump lost the Presidency, Senate and House. He could have saved the house, hence blocked Dem policies if he didn't **** up Georgia. He's and idiot. Instead of righting the ship, he has blown up the GOP (my former party).
Look in the mirror for the blowhard-in-chief. "You can blame Biden and his polices that will one enacted direction on Trump." What does that even mean? The worthless Bush/Cheney/Romney/McCain 1%-type Republicans gave us Trump. Had they done a halfway decent job, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Did you really just claim that Romney had anything to do with giving us Trump?

He, and his type. Had they displayed a tenth of the interest in we other 99% that Trump policies support, Trump would never have been nominated.
curtpenn
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

This issue is really, really simple. Ms. Cheney simply stood up for the truth which is Trump incited the insurrection and needed to be impeached in her opinion. She also has stood up for the TRUTH relative to the election was NOT stolen. Trump lost, but he continues to perpetuate THE LIE. The Republican Paryt of which I used to belong (now Independent) is nothing more than the party of Trump. If you are a Republican and refuse to perpetuate THE LIE, Trump will try to "primary you". Unfortunately, the majority of the Republican/Trump Party are gutless, cowardly people that are scared of Trump and are too concerned about being Trump turning on them and they won't get reelected so the cower in the corner and will not tell the truth and do what is right, save a couple...Romney, Kiinsinger ect. I give Ms Cheney credit for doing what is right and taking on that ****ing Bully. Just watch the pathetic flip flops from spineless Lindsey Graham and Kevin McCarthy. Just pathetic. I cannot believe that these grown ass adults let Trumps control them. Just sad. Again, Trump lost.....presidency, senate, and congress. What more do ya'll Trumpers not understand.

You're not worth the effort and it wouldn't change your worthless opinions. Why bother?
because you are a blowhard who doesn't deal in facts. You said my post was all lies. I ask you to refute, and we get deflection from you and your ilk. Here are some facts that I will give you the opportunity to refute, once again.....You can blame Biden and his polices that will one enacted direction on Trump. Trump lost the Presidency, Senate and House. He could have saved the house, hence blocked Dem policies if he didn't **** up Georgia. He's and idiot. Instead of righting the ship, he has blown up the GOP (my former party).
Look in the mirror for the blowhard-in-chief. "You can blame Biden and his polices that will one enacted direction on Trump." What does that even mean? The worthless Bush/Cheney/Romney/McCain 1%-type Republicans gave us Trump. Had they done a halfway decent job, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

It's a decent argument. Romney in 2012 was a total milque-toast, the kind of loser who couldn't win the White House if he ran against Carter.

Republicans realized they needed a candidate with some fire and noise.
yes, and most of the GOP I know would like a " do over"

You must mean the NeverTrump crowd who gave us the current idiot-in-chief.
TexasScientist
muddybrazos said:

TechDawgMc said:

Canon said:

She needs to go. She objected to personality and ignored the damage she was doing to policy.
She objected to character, which is a different thing.
Her Dad is responsible for the deaths of literally a million people so she should pipe down with the call outs.
That would be less than the deaths Sadam was responsible for. Her dad is not Germaine to the issue. She objected to Trump's lack of character, integrity, and principles, things that matter in a president.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
TexasScientist
curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

It's a decent argument. Romney in 2012 was a total milque-toast, the kind of loser who couldn't win the White House if he ran against Carter.

Trump is the showboat that cost R's the WH, Senate, H of R, and majority of governorships - he's all fire and noise.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
Oldbear83
curtpenn said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

He, and his type. Had they displayed a tenth of the interest in we other 99% that Trump policies support, Trump would never have been nominated.
No one, and I mean no one, voted for Trump because of his personality and twitter style.

There simply was no better option.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Trump is the showboat that cost R's the WH, Senate, H of R, and majority of governorships - he's all fire and noise.

Did you vote for him?
Ghostrider
TexasScientist said:

muddybrazos said:

TechDawgMc said:

Canon said:

She needs to go. She objected to personality and ignored the damage she was doing to policy.
She objected to character, which is a different thing.
Her Dad is responsible for the deaths of literally a million people so she should pipe down with the call outs.
That would be less than the deaths Sadam was responsible for. Her dad is not Germaine to the issue. She objected to Trump's lack of character, integrity, and principles, things that matter in a president.

We haven't had a President like that since GHB
Florda_mike
Osodecentx said:

Money465 said:

Liz Cheney picked the losing side with the Republicans, but she picked the winning side with the Democrats and the media. It will be entertaining to see how this plays out for her or if she even wins re-election in Wyoming!
She picked the winning side of history

^^^ The King of CCP FLU fear mongering shows his true yellow colors
whiterock
TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

H of R was lost in 2018 to the normal mid-term trend against incumbents magnified by the Russia Hoax.

Senate seats in GA was lost to voter fraud.

Status of governorships is 27R-23D.

You are zero for three, friend.

TexasScientist
curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Did you vote for him?
I wanted to but could not. (And before you get excited, I didn't vote for Biden).
curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Did you vote for him?
I wanted to but could not. (And before you get excited, I didn't vote for Biden).
I didn't want to, but did. You are part of the problem in conceding to the left. This isn't complicated.
TexasScientist
whiterock said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

H of R was lost in 2018 to the normal mid-term trend against incumbents magnified by the Russia Hoax.

2018 was a backlash against Trump. Those trends are coincidental, and are results of presidential and other policies, or in Trump's case his dangerous personality.

There was no voter fraud, and no evidence of fraud. Only Trump's fraudulent claims foisted on gullible cult followers.

In 2016 Republicans held 33 governorships, now 27. Non one but Trump is to blame for his and Republican loses. He's a loser.

You need to go back to your math class, friend.
TexasScientist
curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Did you vote for him?
I didn't want to, but did. You are part of the problem in conceding to the left. This isn't complicated.
No the problem is putting blind faith in the likes of someone who is devoid of character, integrity, and principle. You end up with the likes of Biden being elected.
bear2be2
Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Kicking out Liz because she is a piece of **** war monger and corporate money worshiping ***** is absolutely correct.
Liz is a never trump idiot that falls for and participates in false media narratives. She can be in congress if her constituents want her, but in no way should be in any kind of leadership position.
I wonder how many of the same posters who are arguing that Liz Cheney is a "war monger" who wants to keep us involved in endless conflicts also were all for the invasions post 9/11, argued Obama was an idiot for continuing the Iraq drawdown and think that maintaining stability in the Mid-East is of vital importance for energy reasons and to help Israel?

Also amazing that people who continually whine about politicians not sticking to their guns based on careerism will castigate someone for taking a position that is obviously the opposite of careerism.
Yep
is it really? Is she really going to get hurt if she loses her seat? is she really in it for Wyoming?

She lands on her feet no matter what. It's the people of Wyoming who finally get someone who represents them, and the GOP caucus in Congress who gets a leader who knows how to team-build rather than virtue posture.
The problem is the GOP not tolerating differences of opinion. If you don't line up with Trump you're out
Particularly when you're already fighting an uphill battle both demographically and in your silly religious culture war.

From a purely political standpoint, the Republicans' decision-making since 2015 has been utterly baffling.
Is it really silly to suggest that biological men should not be competing against biological women in sport? That's it in a nutshell. I can think of a number of non-religious reasons for opposing same.

It's silly to act like that's a major issue ... or even a significant part of the trans rights conversation.

And perhaps if the religious right could start in a place of acknowledgment that transgender people deserve basic human dignity and respect, we could have a more nuanced conversation on how to handle rare and specific cases like those you reference here.
J.R.
curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

no, I mean normal people...not like you
J.R.
whiterock said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

facts are your friend. Try introducing yourself! Trump managed to lose all 3. He was FIRED!
Mothra
bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Yep

It's silly to act like that's a major issue ... or even a significant part of the trans rights conversation.

And perhaps if the religious right could start in a place of acknowledgment that transgender people deserve basic human dignity and respect, we could have a more nuanced conversation on how to handle rare and specific cases like those you reference here.
It's a major issue because of the precedent it sets. It's a Pandora's box, and could eventually lead to the door being closed to many women who wish to play sports. See the girls in Connecticut who claim they had scholarship opportunities squelched because two biological men who identified as women took first and second in the state track championship's 100m.

I don't know many on the right who think that trans people don't deserve respect and dignity. But often times those terms are code words used by people to mean special rights for people who suffer from mental disorders that cause them to believe they are the opposite sex. And now it is being used by misguided parents to abuse children, in the form of puberty blockers that cause permanent and lasting damage to children.

History has shown that civilizations begin to decline when rampant immorality (particularly, sexual) infects the civilization. The idea that standing up for a moral code is silly, is an idea that is in and of itself silly.

Porteroso
curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Did you vote for him?

Voting on principle and conscience over party is only a problem for those who are unprincipled and without conscience.
bear2be2
Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Yep

It's a major issue because of the precedent it sets. It's a Pandora's box, and could eventually lead to the door being closed to many women who wish to play sports. See the girls in Connecticut who claim they had scholarship opportunities squelched because two biological men who identified as women took first and second in the state track championship's 100m.

I don't know many on the right who think that trans people don't deserve respect and dignity. But often times those terms are code words used by people to mean special rights for people who suffer from mental disorders that cause them to believe they are the opposite sex. And now it is being used by misguided parents to abuse children, in the form of puberty blockers that cause permanent and lasting damage to children.

History has shown that civilizations begin to decline when rampant immorality (particularly, sexual) infects the civilization. The idea that standing up for a moral code is silly, is an idea that is in and of itself silly.

The good old slippery slope fallacy -- a favorite of the church and most others desiring to stall change they're afraid of and/or don't understand.

And your second paragraph is proven false both by the daily verbiage on this board and by your own post here. Referring to transgender as a mental disorder, when the medical and mental health community do not, is not treating those individuals with dignity or respect. It's doing quite the opposite.
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

Voting on principle and conscience over party is only a problem for those who are unprincipled and without conscience.
We call them Democrats
Porteroso
Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

We call them Democrats

You might, but you are as hacky of a partisan as there is. You are the embodiment of anti America. You want to get everything that matters to you, and deny everyone else what matters to them.
curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Did you vote for him?
No the problem is putting blind faith in the likes of someone who is devoid of character, integrity, and principle. You end up with the likes of Biden being elected.
I'm guessing those who voted for Trump without "putting blind faith" in him is a very significant number. I've never put blind faith in him. Don't see how any thinking person could. You end up with Biden because people like you couldn't or wouldn't do what was necessary.
curtpenn
Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Did you vote for him?

Empty words. I didn't vote for a party. I voted based on what I believed is best for the America I once loved, and against those who would destroy her. I voted on what I thought best for my children and grandchildren. The regressives are the enemy.
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

We call them Democrats

You might, but you are as hacky of a partisan as there is. You are the embodiment of anti America. You want to get everything that matters to you, and deny everyone else what matters to them.
Translation from Porteroso to English:

P:"you are as hacky of a partisan as there is." English: If you disagree with me you must be completely biased

P:"You are the embodiment of anti America." English: I cannot refute you, so here's an empty insult.

P:" You want to get everything that matters to you, and deny everyone else what matters to them."
English: No coherent translation, the statement is spleen venting devoid of useful content.
Mothra
bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Yep

The good old slippery slope fallacy -- a favorite of the church and most others desiring to stall change they're afraid of and/or don't understand.

And your second paragraph is proven false both by the daily verbiage on this board and by your own post here. Referring to transgender as a mental disorder, when the medical and mental health community do not, is not treating those individuals with dignity or respect. It's doing quite the opposite.
Tell me, in what way do I not understand transgenderism? Please enlighten me.

And it's not a logical fallacy if what I described is actually happening, which of course it is.

As for my second paragraph, just FYI, until very recently transgenderism was indeed classified as a mental disorder, and still is by that little medical organization known as the WHO. So how did that designation change? A number of transgender advocates and activists began lobbying medical organizations to label it as something other than what it actually is, which of course they did, succumbing to the pressure from the woke crowd which denies biology, and believes that one can choose their gender. Sorry, but medical organizations that more closely resemble political organizations, and can be lobbied to deny science, don't hold as much weight for me as they do you.

I respect transgender people's ability to live their lives as I do. I simply don't deny science by classifying their behavior as normal, as you do. That, it is not.

I know you are very bitter toward the church my friend, and Christianity in general, but it is the role of the church to be counter-cultural, not to conform to the ways of the world. If that's silly, well, I guess it's been silly for around 2,000 years.

Mothra
BTW, back on topic, listened to an interview of Liz Cheney yesterday, and I have to say, her criticisms of Trump are spot on. I do think in the current climate that her continuing to speak out on the topic is damaging to the party, but it's hard to argue with the substance of her critiques.
bear2be2
Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Yep

Tell me, in what way do I not understand transgenderism? Please enlighten me.

And it's not a logical fallacy if what I described is actually happening, which of course it is.

As for my second paragraph, just FYI, until very recently transgenderism was indeed classified as a mental disorder, and still is by that little medical organization known as the WHO. So how did that designation change? A number of transgender advocates and activists began lobbying medical organizations to label it as something other than what it actually is, which of course they did, succumbing to the pressure from the woke crowd which denies biology, and believes that one can choose their gender. Sorry, but medical organizations that more closely resemble political organizations, and can be lobbied to deny science, don't hold as much weight for me as they do you.

I respect transgender people's ability to live their lives as I do. I simply don't deny science by classifying their behavior as normal, as you do. That, it is not.

I know you are very bitter toward the church my friend, and Christianity in general, but it is the role of the church to be counter-cultural, not to conform to the ways of the world. If that's silly, well, I guess it's been silly for around 2,000 years.

Wrong.

https://time.com/5596845/world-health-organization-transgender-identity/

And the fact that you continue to conflate sex and gender is proof that you don't have a very firm grasp of this issue and have no desire to gain one.

And it is is the church's role to love and serve in a way that is counter-cultural. The fact that it has so badly missed this point is why I'm so bitter towards it.
Mothra
bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Liz is a never trump idiot that falls for and participates in false media narratives. %A0She can be in congress if her constituents want her, but in no way should be in any kind of leadership position. %A0

Yep
is it really? %A0 Is she really going to get hurt if she loses her seat? %A0is she really in it for Wyoming? %A0

She lands on her feet no matter what. %A0It's the people of Wyoming who finally get someone who represents them, and the GOP caucus in Congress who gets a leader who knows how to team-build rather than virtue posture.
The problem is the GOP not tolerating differences of opinion. %A0If you don't line up with Trump you're out

Is it really silly to suggest that biological men should not be competing against biological women in sport? %A0That's it in a nutshell. %A0I can think of a number of non-religious reasons for opposing same.

It's a major issue because of the precedent it sets. %A0It's a Pandora's box, and could eventually lead to the door being closed to many women who wish to play sports. %A0See the girls in Connecticut who claim they had scholarship opportunities squelched because two biological men who identified as women took first and second in the state track championship's 100m.

I don't know many on the right who think that trans people don't deserve respect and dignity. %A0But often times those terms are code words used by people to mean special rights for people who suffer from mental disorders that cause them to believe they are the opposite sex. %A0And now it is being used by misguided parents to abuse children, in the form of puberty blockers that cause permanent and lasting damage to children. %A0

History has shown that civilizations begin to decline when rampant immorality (particularly, sexual) infects the civilization. %A0The idea that standing up for a moral code is silly, is an idea that is in and of itself silly.

Tell me, in what way do I not understand transgenderism? %A0Please enlighten me.

As for my second paragraph, just FYI, until very recently transgenderism was indeed classified as a mental disorder, and still is by that little medical organization known as the WHO. %A0So how did that designation change? %A0A number of transgender advocates and activists began lobbying medical organizations to label it as something other than what it actually is, which of course they did, succumbing to the pressure from the woke crowd which denies biology, and believes that one can choose their gender. %A0Sorry, but medical organizations that more closely resemble political organizations, and can be lobbied to deny science, don't hold as much weight for me as they do you.

I respect transgender people's ability to live their lives as I do. %A0I simply don't deny science by classifying their behavior as normal, as you do. %A0That, it is not.

I know you are very bitter toward the church my friend, and Christianity in general, but it is the role of the church to be counter-cultural, not to conform to the ways of the world. %A0If that's silly, well, I guess it's been silly for around 2,000 years. %A0

Wrong.

And the fact that you continue to conflate sex and gender is proof that you don't have a very firm grasp of this issue and have no desire to gain one.

And it is is the church's role to love and serve in a way that is counter-cultural. The fact that it has so badly missed this point is why I'm so bitter towards it.
No, I am right.%A0 They voted on the change in May 2019, but it does not go into effect until January of 2022.%A0 As of right now, it's still listed as a mental disorder by the WHO.%A0 Look it up.

As for sex vs. gender, I simply do not agree that there is a difference.%A0 The idea that gender is a social construct that can be changed, regardless of sex, is a recent (and unscientific) belief that denies biology.

With respect to your last point, your error is your belief that loving someone is not telling them about sin.%A0 This is the opposite of love, and leads them down a primrose path to destruction.%A0 But the fact it is a stumbling block for you is no surprise.%A0 It has been to people for centuries, and especially in today's culture where people don't want to be told their decisions and lifestyles are immoral.
Osodecentx
bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Yep

It is abnormal, and I think, a mental disorder.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Liz is a never trump idiot that falls for and participates in false media narratives. %A0She can be in congress if her constituents want her, but in no way should be in any kind of leadership position. %A0

Yep
is it really? %A0 Is she really going to get hurt if she loses her seat? %A0is she really in it for Wyoming? %A0

She lands on her feet no matter what. %A0It's the people of Wyoming who finally get someone who represents them, and the GOP caucus in Congress who gets a leader who knows how to team-build rather than virtue posture.
The problem is the GOP not tolerating differences of opinion. %A0If you don't line up with Trump you're out

Is it really silly to suggest that biological men should not be competing against biological women in sport? %A0That's it in a nutshell. %A0I can think of a number of non-religious reasons for opposing same.

It's a major issue because of the precedent it sets. %A0It's a Pandora's box, and could eventually lead to the door being closed to many women who wish to play sports. %A0See the girls in Connecticut who claim they had scholarship opportunities squelched because two biological men who identified as women took first and second in the state track championship's 100m.

I don't know many on the right who think that trans people don't deserve respect and dignity. %A0But often times those terms are code words used by people to mean special rights for people who suffer from mental disorders that cause them to believe they are the opposite sex. %A0And now it is being used by misguided parents to abuse children, in the form of puberty blockers that cause permanent and lasting damage to children. %A0

History has shown that civilizations begin to decline when rampant immorality (particularly, sexual) infects the civilization. %A0The idea that standing up for a moral code is silly, is an idea that is in and of itself silly.

Tell me, in what way do I not understand transgenderism? %A0Please enlighten me.

As for my second paragraph, just FYI, until very recently transgenderism was indeed classified as a mental disorder, and still is by that little medical organization known as the WHO. %A0So how did that designation change? %A0A number of transgender advocates and activists began lobbying medical organizations to label it as something other than what it actually is, which of course they did, succumbing to the pressure from the woke crowd which denies biology, and believes that one can choose their gender. %A0Sorry, but medical organizations that more closely resemble political organizations, and can be lobbied to deny science, don't hold as much weight for me as they do you.

I respect transgender people's ability to live their lives as I do. %A0I simply don't deny science by classifying their behavior as normal, as you do. %A0That, it is not.

I know you are very bitter toward the church my friend, and Christianity in general, but it is the role of the church to be counter-cultural, not to conform to the ways of the world. %A0If that's silly, well, I guess it's been silly for around 2,000 years. %A0

Wrong.

No, I am right.%A0 They voted on the change in May 2019, but it does not go into effect until January of 2022.%A0 As of right now, it's still listed as a mental disorder by the WHO.%A0 Look it up.

As for sex vs. gender, I simply do not agree that there is a difference.%A0 The idea that gender is a social construct that can be changed, regardless of sex, is a recent (and unscientific) belief that denies biology.

With respect to your last point, your error is your belief that loving someone is not telling them about sin.%A0 This is the opposite of love, and leads them down a primrose path to destruction.%A0 But the fact it is a stumbling block for you is no surprise.%A0 It has been to people for centuries, and especially in today's culture where people don't want to be told their decisions and lifestyles are immoral.
Good post
bear2be2
Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Yep

Wrong.

Calling conclusions drawn and decisions made by the scientific community "unscientific" without a science background or any expertise whatsoever on this subject reeks of hubris IMO.

And play the semantics game all you want, but the WHO has made and announced the decision to drop gender dysphoria as a mental disorder. The organization no longer views it as such, as you suggested above. That 2022 date merely provides a deadline for noncompliant member countries to make the necessary changes. Neither the research nor the conclusions have changed since that 2019 announcement and nor will they between now and Jan. 1. If having seven more months to pretend the science is on your side makes you feel better, knock yourself out.

To your last paragraph, My belief is that we're all (largely unrepentant) sinners who live immoral lifestyles. Every last one of us. And we will be until the day we die because we were born flawed and our nature guarantees it. Acknowledging that, I'll focus on the love and grace part of the gospel. You can keep your judgment. Let me know how many souls you save.
J.R.
curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

No, I mean most mainstream GOPS I know
bear2be2
Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Mothra said:

bear2be2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Yep

It is abnormal, and I think, a mental disorder.
Are you a doctor or someone who studies these things for a living? If not, I don't particularly care whether or not you think it's a mental disorder. And that's not meant as disrespect, but I'm going to base my position on the thoughts and opinions of experts.

And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you, I or anyone else considers normal. First, none of us are normal. And second, love, dignity and respect aren't reserved for the normal among us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.