I love my Governor DeSantis! Texas Gov starting to grow up too?

679 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Florda_mike
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trade groups representing Facebook, Twitter, and other major websites have sued Florida to block a state law that makes it illegal for social media companies to ban politicians. The industry groups say the law violates the First Amendmentand legal experts have said the same, as we've previously written.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed the bill into law on May 24, slamming what he called the "censorship" of conservatives on social media websites such as Twitter and Facebook. The law, scheduled to take effect on July 1, gives Floridians the right to sue Big Tech companies over content-moderation decisions and prohibits the companies from "deplatforming" political candidates and journalistic enterprises. The law imposes fines of up to $250,000 per day on social media companies that ban candidates for elected office.
Money465
These two governors have learned that sometimes you have to be "tough" and fight for what you believe. As Davy Crockett said, "Be sure that you are right, then go ahead!"
Jacques Strap
DeSantis On NCAA Threat To Pull Events From States That Protect Girl Sports: 'To Hell' With Your 'Events'

Quote:

"You can't be cowed by these organizations, or particularly by woke corporations from doing the right thing. And so my view was throughout this whole time, we have to protect our girls, it is discriminatory to force them to compete against biological males," DeSantis continued. "And so if the price of having a tournament is that I have to deny equal opportunity to hundreds of thousands of young girl and women athletes throughout Florida, I am much more willing to stand with the girls. And to hell with these events."
ilbb990912
DeSantis one of the few politicians with cahones !
muddybrazos
Abbott is a follower not a leader. He shutdown Texas, sent the swat team to a bar and let that hairstylist woman get arrested for trying to make a living. Abbott is not the worst goevernor but he is not even close to Desantis' level.
Whiskey Pete
muddybrazos said:

Abbott is a follower not a leader. He shutdown Texas, sent the swat team to a bar and let that hairstylist woman get arrested for trying to make a living. Abbott is not the worst goevernor but he is not even close to Desantis' level.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Abbott has lost my vote. I will not be voting for him again - for anything anywhere.

Exactly right, he's not a leader... he's just another sleazy politician.
Florda_mike
Rawhide said:

muddybrazos said:

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Abbott has lost my vote. I will not be voting for him again - for anything anywhere.

Exactly right, he's not a leader... he's just another sleazy politician.

Be VERY CAREFUL about not voting for leading republican imo

You don't want a democrat leading Texas at this pivotal time in its history, with just a little vote fraud, wouldn't take much, a democrat could win and change Texas forever.

Have foresight

Abbot is weak but it could be much worse as Abbot just has finger in dam with mass migration to Texas from blue areas

I agree he's another "sleazy politician." Is there no DeSantis type to challenge the "sleazy politician?"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.