Trump back inAug2021 ?

3,684 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HuMcK
STxBear81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why is this date being thrown around as when he will retake the White House ? Why is this significant. Is it due to the recounts taking place as they try and void the election of 2020?
ATL Bear
It's like a doomsday cult. Pick a date and the true believers will follow.
bear2be2
ATL Bear said:

And then kick the can down the road when they're wrong.

"We misinterpreted the signs."
Oldbear83
It's a perfect date. It gives time to build up excitement, then walk away before it gets too close.

Then you can say you were misunderstood.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
JXL
BornAgain said:

Why is this date being thrown around as when he will retake the White House ? Why is this significant. Is it due to the recounts taking place as they try and void the election of 2020?

Thrown around by whom?
PartyBear
Trump himself over the past week until the platform upon which he had his new blog took him down like Twitter did.
Bexar Pitts
ATL Bear said:

And send money.
Money465
There is no evidence that Trump made this statement. Maggie Haberman, the White House correspondent from The New York Times and a CNN political analyst, is spreading this rumor.
Robert Wilson
Money465 said:

There is no evidence that Trump made this statement. Maggie Haberman, the White House correspondent from The New York Times and a CNN political analyst, is spreading this rumor.
Gotta get their ratings back somehow.
Whiskey Pete
Trying to sell newspapers, obtain viewers and get clicks.

Sounds like the press is already missing Trump and the ratings that came with him being prez.
Wineguy89
Robert Wilson said:

Money465 said:

Gotta get their ratings back somehow.

Never gonna happen either. Unless they cover their own trial where Dershowitz is about to BBQ them and get $399MM for their lies to be exposed in public.
Oldbear83
I think this is becoming what we should have expected all along.

Trump's camp wants attention taken away from the New York witch hunt, which could produce indictments but no convictions, while Democrats want Trump to look like he's off his gourd, in order to dilute his influence.

In truth, the idea that Trump will come back to be President by 'un-doing' the 2020 election somehow is absurd, and everyone close to the matter knows this. Also in truth, the New York lawyers are not going to find any tax law violations, since the IRS found nothing despite years of audits. Any indictments are going to be based on appearances, not fact, and would have no effect unless the lawyers can time the indictments to come out during the 2024 Primaries, which is a very long wait.

This is, on the whole, a farce without comedy.
br53
Oldbear83 said:

Trump's camp wants attention taken away from the New York witch hunt, which could produce indictments but no convictions, while Democrats want Trump to look like he's off his gourd, in order to dilute his influence.

In truth, the idea that Trump will come back to be President by 'un-doing' the 2020 election somehow is absurd, and everyone close to the matter knows this. Also in truth, the New York lawyers are not going to find any tax law violations, since the IRS found nothing despite years of audits. Any indictments are going to be based on appearances, not fact, and would have no effect unless the lawyers can time the indictments to come out during the 2024 Primaries, which is a very long wait.

So its just regular old government/political business as usual?
Oldbear83
br53 said:

Oldbear83 said:

So its just regular old government/political business as usual?
But with extra bologna
Mothra
PartyBear said:

Trump himself over the past week until the platform upon which he had his new blog took him down like Twitter did.
There's no evidence Trump said anything - just like a lot of statements attributed to him by anonymous sources. But we all run with it and take it as the gospel truth.

As big an idiot as he is, I don't even think he is deluded enough to believe there is a snowball's chance in hell anyone is "reinstating" him as president, much less that it will happen on a date certain in the near future.

But ATL is right - there is a small cult-like segment of the population that swallows down this b.s. like gin at a sorority party.

Bexar Pitts
Mothra said:

PartyBear said:

There's no evidence Trump said anything - just like a lot of statements attributed to him by anonymous sources. But we all run with it and take it as the gospel truth.

As big an idiot as he is, I don't even think he is deluded enough to believe there is a snowball's chance in hell anyone is "reinstating" him as president, much less that it will happen on a date certain in the near future.

But ATL is right - there is a small cult-like segment of the population that swallows down this b.s. like gin at a sorority party.

I think you're quite correct when you said "As big an idiot as he is, I don't even think he is deluded enough to believe there is a snowball's chance in hell anyone is 'reinstating' him as president"...IMO, what he sees is a two fold opportunity to both feed his overly distorted ego ( keeping himself the "center of attention" )
and possibly raise cash contributions for his next political foray. The man is the ultimate hustler, if nothing else.
quash
JXL said:

BornAgain said:

Thrown around by whom?

Well, they don't call it IQanon.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Thee University
Trump is a huge, debilitating burden on conservatives. Bury him and start polishing up someone like DeSantis, Noem, Tim Scott, Crenshaw or someone else with real backbone.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
quash
Bexar Pitts said:

Mothra said:

PartyBear said:

I think you're quite correct when you said "As big an idiot as he is, I don't even think he is deluded enough to believe there is a snowball's chance in hell anyone is 'reinstating' him as president"...IMO, what he sees is a two fold opportunity to both feed his overly distorted ego ( keeping himself the "center of attention" )
and possibly raise cash contributions for his next political foray. The man is the ultimate hustler, if nothing else.

I'm not sure his next foray will be in politics. More likely a media company.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Bexar Pitts
Thee University said:

Trump is a huge, debilitating burden on conservatives. Bury him and start polishing up someone like DeSantis, Noem, Tim Scott, Crenshaw or someone else with real backbone.
Copy that on " a huge ,debilitating burden on conservatives." Nailed it.
Bexar Pitts
quash said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Mothra said:

PartyBear said:

I'm not sure his next foray will be in politics. More likely a media company.

Loving attention, I think a media company is in his wheelhouse. He's got to pay for legal expenses that he's incurring and will incur in the upcoming years...and none of us is getting any younger...BUT, having a political war chest allows him , or anybody for that matter, to raise funds...
muddybrazos
Thee University said:

no thanks to those 3
Forest Bueller_bf
Thee University said:

Amen.

Trump needs to go away.

He is not a conservative or Republican, he had his run as a grifter, it's over.

He needs to realize it. Sure, his "following" will always want more of him, most
people want him to shut up and disappear.
C. Jordan
BornAgain said:

Apparently it came from the My Pillow lunatic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mypillow-ceo-mike-lindell-says-he-probably-inspired-trumps-wild-claim-that-hell-be-reinstated-by-august/ar-AAKF7K8?ocid=uxbndlbing

Haberman has been covering Trump for a long time, and I don't remember her ever misquoting him.

So given Trump's obsession with the last election plus Lindell's suggestion that he was going to be reinstated would appear to give weight to the verity of the story.
C. Jordan
Thee University said:

I'm afraid you're in a small minority of the GOP.
Osodecentx
Will he ask us for money?

(rhetorical question)
Thee University
C. Jordan said:

Thee University said:

I'm afraid you're in a small minority of the GOP.
Not really. There are those that on the surface appear to be hanging on to Trumpy Bear but do so only to further antagonize and make fun of the radical and unhinged lefties.

By the end of this year Trump will be put to bed. Without Trump to attack the left is truly rudderless and pitiful. When America turns their attention to watching Dementia and Kamel Toe, they too will be horrified at the direction America is headed.

The left is panicking already trying to gin up some sort of Trump Trainwreck so as to keep eyes and ears off Joe, Kamala, Nancy, Chucky and the rest of the liberal @$$#$. The left desperately needs a distraction and Trump continues to play that part.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
J.B.Katz
Mothra said:

PartyBear said:

Not what's happening.

It's more nuanced than that but nuance is lost on you:

BearFan33
Thee University said:

Agree, need someone to champion America first (and common sense) policies without being such a lightning rod. DeSantis seems to fit the bill. I'm not sold on the others.
Mothra
J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

PartyBear said:

Not what's happening.

It's more nuanced than that but nuance is lost on you:

You lecturing anyone on nuance is rich, jinx.

I watched your CNN clip (no surprise it's a CNN clip). I am not sure what you feel it disproves in my post above. It's anonymous sources reporting what they think Trump believes. Like I said...
ABC BEAR
ATL Bear said:

I'm bringing grape Kool-Aid. There should be enough for everyone to have 1 glass, no refills.
J.B.Katz
BornAgain said:

"Recounts" is not an accurate description of what's happening in AZ, GA and other states.

Neither is "audits."

Hard-right groups are trying to overturn an election that even Bill Barr stated was not marred by election fraud. Given the fact that Barr tried to turn the DOJ into Trump's personal law firm, that's significant.
Sam Lowry
Confirmed by conservative columnist Charles Cooke:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mediaite.com/politics/national-reviews-charles-cooke-emphatically-confirms-habermans-reporting-the-scale-of-trumps-delusion-is-astounding/amp/
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Confirmed by conservative columnist Charles Cooke:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mediaite.com/politics/national-reviews-charles-cooke-emphatically-confirms-habermans-reporting-the-scale-of-trumps-delusion-is-astounding/amp/
OK Tovarisch Sam
Whiskey Pete
J.B.Katz said:

BornAgain said:

"Recounts" is not an accurate description of what's happening in AZ, GA and other states.

Neither is "audits."

Hard-right groups are trying to overturn an election that even Bill Barr stated was not marred by election fraud. Given the fact that Barr tried to turn the DOJ into Trump's personal law firm, that's significant.
I remember the time when democrats tried to oust a sitting president over a BS hoax of russian collusion complete with a fake dossier written by a foreign actor.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.